What's new

OSA is following LRH's orders with its black PR campaigns.

Carmel

Crusader
From "Handling Hostile Contacts/Dead Agenting":

"If there will be a long term threat, you are to immediately evaluate and originate a black PR campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so thoroughly that they will be ostracized." - L. Ron Hubbard.

Well, that may have worked (and did), in days gone by, but it doesn't work these days with the internet being used in every household as it is now, and with everything else that's going on. Yes, OSA will still try, but nowadays the authorities and the broader public are aware of these tactics of the CofS. So too are our friends aware of it. Those few still in who will maybe buy the BS, have already ostracized you, so there's nothing to be lost, and one day they'll see the truth.

Twelve years ago nearly, I was ostracized by many through a black PR campaign. This last year though, their black PR campaign on me (despite being *bigger* than the previous one) has backfired on them - it gave many old mates reason to call me, and they did so despite the fact that they were told I was declared. I know too, that similar black PR campaigns on a few others from Sydney have also backfired in the same way.

Yes, it is or can be a bit of a bitch, and yes, OSA is still doing it, but the "effectiveness" of it has seriously declined to a point very near the zero mark. If this is your only concern in regard to speaking out, then I consider that ya shouldn't let it stop you - All of us exes who have spoken out would tell you that the CofS had us by the balls until we did so. On a personal level, speaking out is liberating indeed. On another level, it will help bring an end to the abuses.

OSA IS following orders from LRH with it's black PR campaigns. This abuse (although a minor one in relative terms) is reason enough to say "bugger it", step up and expose the CofS and Scientology for what it is. And, the more who do, the more obvious it will be to those on the outside and inside, exactly what the "church" and Scn is really about.

Hey, I do understand about this particular reservation in regard to speaking out, but if it's your only reason for not doing so, then food for thought, eh?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

"If there will be a long term threat, you are to immediately evaluate and originate a black PR campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so thoroughly that they will be ostracized." - L. Ron Hubbard.

Well, that may have worked (and did), in days gone by, but it doesn't work these days with the internet being used in every household as it is now, and with everything else that's going on. Yes, OSA will still try, but nowadays the authorities and the broader public are aware of these tactics of the CofS. So too are our friends aware of it. Those few still in who will maybe buy the BS, have already ostracized you, so there's nothing to be lost, and one day they'll see the truth. No creativity, no new thought allowed.

Twelve years ago nearly, I was ostracized by many through a black PR campaign. This last year though, their black PR campaign on me (despite being *bigger* than the previous one) has backfired on them - it gave many old mates reason to call me, and they did so despite the fact that they were told I was declared. I know too, that similar black PR campaigns on a few others from Sydney have also backfired in the same way.

Yes, it is or can be a bit of a bitch, and yes, OSA is still doing it, but the "effectiveness" of it has seriously declined to a point very near the zero mark. If this is your only concern in regard to speaking out, then I consider that ya shouldn't let it stop you - All of us exes who have spoken out would tell you that the CofS had us by the balls until we did so. On a personal level, speaking out is liberating indeed. On another level, it will help bring an end to the abuses.

OSA IS following orders from LRH with it's black PR campaigns. This abuse (although a minor one in relative terms) is reason enough to say "bugger it", step up and expose the CofS and Scientology for what it is. And, the more who do, the more obvious it will be to those on the outside and inside, exactly what the "church" and Scn is really about.

Hey, I do understand about this particular reservation in regard to speaking out, but if it's your only reason for not doing so, then food for thought, eh?
Part of their evil plan was to isolate people, but that can't work now because of places like this. They will carry on doing what they always did though, because they always always do what they always always did.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Libel and slander is also illegal, in case anyone has forgotten that or thinks the CofS is somehow above the law.

Paul

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Carmel,

You're totally right, I know I would have come out eventually but if OSA hadn't black PRd my friends it probably wouldn't have happened when it did. They really are their own worst enemies.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I understand what you're saying, Carmel. With people are leaving the church in droves, contacting old friends like me and you and others and are trying to get their friends who are in to listen up and look on the internet, it certainly makes OSA less effective. Refund repayment requests are probably highest ever if I go by what I am hearing and reading. The ball is rolling fast because of people like you and the other Aussies speaking up and gaining the attention of the authorities and Marty and the others in speaking to the SP Times has added much needed steam to the movement. The media and internet and telephone lines are abuzz with news and counter attacks that DM cannot possibly keep up with on the PR end.

It's exciting times, but individual planning and cautions needs to be used after assessing ones situation so that more good can come from it. People need to plan their exit and announcements so that they are prepared for whatever consequences might arise. For sme., the consequences may be too severe or daunting. We're out here seeking freedom for ourselves and others from the Church of Scientology and sometimes 'coming out' can cause more entrapment for those with family, jons and friendships still tied to the church.

I applaud anyone able to speak up and respect those who remain anonymous. The whole premise of Anonymous was built around the need for anonymity because of oppressive nature of those speaking out and being saddled with overwhelming consequences. Lets just say that it's getting easier and that the more who do speak up, the path is there for others to do so, too.

Kudos to all who have helped expose what is going on or has helped in ways that others are able to come to see that freedom from Scientology exists and that the internet, as Arnie Lerma once said, is the Liberty Tree.

Mystic

Crusader
Funny thing, with this criminal cult it's ALL black PR as the hoopla about admin, ethics and tech leads to but soul death.

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
It's exciting times, but individual planning and cautions needs to be used after assessing ones situation so that more good can come from it. People need to plan their exit and announcements so that they are prepared for whatever consequences might arise. For sme., the consequences may be too severe or daunting. We're out here seeking freedom for ourselves and others from the Church of Scientology and sometimes 'coming out' can cause more entrapment for those with family, jons and friendships still tied to the church.
<snip>
Yeah, Mary, I agree wholeheartedly, as I've said many times before.

Realize that I was specifically referring to the fear of a black PR campaign being the only reason for not speaking out (I think I stated that in the op), and posted what I did as food for thought.

I know the freedom which one gets, when one makes that break. I believe that some are fearing consequences that won't or wouldn't be (I know that I did back in September last year).

I am simply encouraging people I care about, to take another step in a positive direction, for the sake of others AND for their own sake. :)

smartone

My Own Boss

Well, that may have worked (and did), in days gone by, but it doesn't work these days with the internet being used in every household as it is now, and with everything else that's going on. Yes, OSA will still try, but nowadays the authorities and the broader public are aware of these tactics of the CofS. So too are our friends aware of it. Those few still in who will maybe buy the BS, have already ostracized you, so there's nothing to be lost, and one day they'll see the truth.

And let us not forget to reveal the 300 or so corporations all that money is going to under the umbrella of the "Sea Org Reserves Account". This I understand is illegal. A bit of legal poking around in that area will have Davey boy shaking in his boots. :D

Terril park

Sponsor
OK Carmel,
Just being a geek nerd sort of valence here. I even liked lots of LRHs green on white.

PR series 18:-

" So black propaganda is not something one lightly instigates. For it recoils on the person who uses it.

" Sooner or later such stories are found not to be true. ONE false story
can destroy the credit of the teller. Now who listens?"

So here I am telling a much younger than me, potential grandmother,
how to suck eggs.

Can't tell her why so many love her. My wisdom has limits. :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Yeah, Mary, I agree wholeheartedly, as I've said many times before.

Realize that I was specifically referring to the fear of a black PR campaign being the only reason for not speaking out (I think I stated that in the op), and posted what I did as food for thought.

I know the freedom which one gets, when one makes that break. I believe that some are fearing consequences that won't or wouldn't be (I know that I did back in September last year).

I am simply encouraging people I care about, to take another step in a positive direction, for the sake of others AND for their own sake. :)

Thanks, Carmel :)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep, it's sure funny how few in the Oz media pay Virginia Stewart or Vicky Dunstan much attention - they lied blatantly about Mike Waliki when his daughter butchered him and his other daughter and almost did the same to her mum.

Few in the Oz media will forget that particular "handling" easily - so they won't buy the current crop of cocky cack coming from the same source.

Even the (limited) communications I've had from still-devoted scientologists here in Oz have been restricted to "why didn't you handle it internally?" rather than the OSA line of "they're all liars and it's all lies and it's just an attack on religious freedom...."

Sorry OSA ANZO - even the faithful don't buy the lies any more - they know the real story but still try to make the policy and Tech work.

But we'll get them around soon as well.

Then who'll pay for your beans and rice?:D

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Carmel knows who I am.

She also knows my current situation and that OSA's threats are a smaller part of the reason why I don't come forward and identify myself. She knows that I have a serious issue of "Case on Post" that can't just be swept aside.

Although not part of the "inner circle", I knew this day would eventually arrive, and under more "normal" circumstances, I would have been leading the charge with the bullhorn.

Carmel you have done us proud.