OSA OP: A Call to Arms

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Friends, Some of you may know that my father is dying of Esophageal cancer in Auburn, California. He and his wife are declared SPs, although Al is no more of an SP than Mister Rodgers. His poor wife was declared for publicly departing Scientology. Al has not seen or heard from 5 of his 6 children in 5 years.
Recently, within the last few days, my brother and two of my sisters, have been "around" the area, but not contacting him. They are "putting in an appearance" so that later they can pretend to have made an attempt to visit him, but there was "no answer" or "noone knew where he was". It is a sick game called PR area control. I have emailed all my sisters and brother where he is, with his phone number, which is 530 889 0707 room 227B Sienna Care. This is going out on the worldwide Web, to be read by OSA, and your game is called. This comm is going out to producers at the BBC, authors of books in the works, and any newspapers I can interest.
You call yourselves Ministers. How dare you use that holy word to cover your debased actions. If you want to have any hope of damage control in this matter, before it blows into a worldwide story, you have a very short amount of time in which to act.
Friends, please copy this and paste it on ARS, Clambake, Factnet, any boards you know of. Send it to any media you know who are up on CofS , especially OSA Ops.
I am tired of my family being torn apart, degraded and debased by the so-called Church of Scientology. What Church participates in a sham of pretending to visit your dying father, and then somehow not doing so? If this sort of thing is against your basic knowledge of right and wrong, I ask for your help to get the word out. Thank You. My fathers name is Allan Henderson. He is 77 years old. I will keep you informed of what happens on this thread. Mike Henderson

OHTEEATE

osa op

Thanks, Patti. It would help if he could see his kids. The more journalists see this, the better. Mike

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Recently, within the last few days, my brother and two of my sisters, have been "around" the area, but not contacting him. They are "putting in an appearance" so that later they can pretend to have made an attempt to visit him, but there was "no answer" or "noone knew where he was". It is a sick game called PR area control.
Mike Henderson

I'm all for you publishing this to document it Mike, but, why would you think this is an 'OSA Op'?

As bad as disconnection is, and as worthy of exposure as it is; and, as much of a potential PR liability as it *could* be, this sounds more like a 'lower level' type greed 'op' run by goulish regges who think there may be some pickings.

Are your siblings (the disconnected ones) in the Sea Org? That might include some OSA oversight, but, beyond 'being around' are they doing anything?

Yes, I'd love to see 'the media' look more closely at the insane and malicious 'Disconnection Policy', but, I'm not sure what you think there is to expose here.

Zinj

OHTEEATE

OSA op

Zinj, My sister Chel Stith is President LA ORG, the highest non-SO post in OSA. My sister Marcy is offloaded Sea Org vet of 35 years, well known former ED of Albuquerque, St. Louis, BC Sup. Programs chief FLB. My brother is ex SO of 15 years, CMO Int., Gold, Apollo crew. They are on an op, I'm sure of it. There is no way the three of them would be in that area, 400 miles away from home, for a week, off post and work, without seeing my Dad, for any other reason than to put in an appearance that they were trying to contact them, and to create plausable denial when this story breaks, and break it sure as hell will.
They have maybe two days before this goes to syndicated, worldwide wire service story, which is then forever a source of quotes, re-hash, and further damage. OSA is not all stupid people. There is a time to throw policy out the window, and do what is common sense. A visit from the family members would cool things down immediately. Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sure like everyone here, my thoughts and best postulates are with Allen, you, and your family at this time.

You need to be the strong one, to paraphrase a person I still respect ' the greatest overt of all is to make another believe thay are responsible for an overt act'. Your siblings are PTS to a very suppressive and fascist organisation which brainwashes its' people. You rightly attribute this wickedness to OSA and Co$ and not to your disconnected family.

Don't let this time permanently affect your ARC, think of the happy family times in the past, and one day the scales will drop from their eyes and your generosity of forgiveness will disolve all entheta, and your ex-family members will return and again embrace you and your Mom.

Stew

OHTEEATE

Thanks, Stew. It's important to realize that I was out of comm with my Dad for 4 years, when I was "in". I know why I justified it at the time. I believed it was necessary, and for his own best good. What was I thinking?! Mike

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Thanks, Stew. It's important to realize that I was out of comm with my Dad for 4 years, when I was "in". I know why I justified it at the time. I believed it was necessary, and for his own best good. What was I thinking?! Mike

I know exactly what you mean.

A Scientologist with any other loyalty, even family loyalty, was terrifying to Hubbard. He wanted all of it.

And if he didn't get it, he would wear you down until he did.

It was an onslaught.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike,

Your siblings should be in complete agreement with you about your father.

The Church, if it stands by it's words, should encourage them.

From the Way To Happiness Book distributed by the Church:

" Honor and Help Your Parents
The way to happiness includes being on good terms with one's parents or those who brought one up. "

From this link: http://www.mrdata.net/books/twthtoc.htm

Of course, on the flip coin the Church says you cannot be happy unless you are blessed and licensed by them to be sane or go free. And part of that commitment is to turn your back on your parents if the Church decides they are "suppressive".

Frankly, the Church does not back the Way To Happiness Book.

If they did everyone there would be happy and there would not be this forum.

There are many dichotemies in the Church.

Catagorizing the dynamics was brilliant.

Ethics is a very simple mathematics talent.

It's looking at life like a video game.

The greatest good for the greatest number...the greatest good for the greatest number,,,,24 hours a day.

Most people are too aberrated to practice ethics, it escapes view as a mathematice process to over ride abberation.

It is aberrated to put alchohol in your body, it's a poison. It's out ethics to stuff your face when you are already sick from overweight and did not give your body time to finish all the cycles of action you put upon it to burn the food (so it had to start storing, fat is incomplete cycles of action). It is aberrated to dance, (no product). It is aberrated to watch a film, and watch other people live instead of doing it yourself. It is aberrated to own pets unless it is a watch dog or seeing eye dog. We do many things for pleasure, because it is aberrated to have a life with out it. Hubbard himself said in simple dianetics life must contain more pleasure than pain for a person to be sane.

Yet, if everyone were in ethics one could not afford honor.

Science and the heart are in conflict. "Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved". Ethics wise no loss can be justified with mathermatics. To loose is aberrated and out ethics and suggests poor choices. So, how can that be good?

Hubbard wrote the code of honor yet he himself deserted comrades in need.

A person with very high ARC considers all Earth People commerades of his 4th dynamic, the dynamic of mankind. But we make speedy get aways from the homeless and those with any weight as they are also considered "liability".

People, not just Scientologist by any means, have to face choices every day.

The only way to win all of the time in every direction is to loose yourself first when it comes to sacrifice.

Make everyone else more important than you.

The people in the Sea Org do this to extreme, it's only supposed to be in emergencies, Because you know you will always survive so you don't have to hang on to lies and identities for yourself.

Long term this is not a good at all.

Because if you don't mock yourself up, you cease to exist.

But the bottom line is, your siblings have been forced to choose who to withdraw allegience from and they have made that choice.

They will have to live with that choice.

You cannot force a person to make a decent choice or have honor for debts.

Hubbard himself fired DM and Bill Franks on a mission to turn Mary Sue Hubbard over to the government in the Snow White flap.

What good has come from mathematics and reason? It's all on the abbacus.

All the greatness and beauty in this world come from the heart and love and being decent and being able to care about the people in front of you.

If you can't do that, you are already a cell.

Your protest here is only about people who cannot care about the person in front of them.

That is something we are born with, all of the ARC triangle information cannot change that.

It is THE element of success in any adventure, to be able to care about the person in front of you.

If you have that you have lived and lived well.

It's lonely at the top.

"We're never gonna survive at all, unless we get a little bit crazy".

So, you have a broken heart.

Good for you for caring enough.

Last edited:

OHTEEATE

a grim business

TI, Thanks for that. The Way to Happiness would be best served by them all calling him, to lessen the shock, and then visiting. I wish theta could just bring us to some sort of accord, rather than bringing this aberation into play. It is like a 3rd dynamic service facsimile, the CofS having to make parishoners wrong for it to be right. If you leave, you will be punished. How ancient that sounds. Yet Hubbard treated people callously all the way up the line, from earliest Dianetics, and even before. He gave them no choice but to leave in many cases. You know how bad it has been, hardly the surface has been scratched. Critics go easy, not the other way around. This strikes at me personally, and I lost my temper, but all I want is my father to find some peace, and less bitterness, before he is gone, and on to whatever awaits him.
The strategy is bad. The press will be worse. I promise.

OHTEEATE

Press

I'm watching the reactions to VMs showing up at Virginia Tech. There seems to be a lot of passion on both sides. It's a PR battle. Anytime anyone says anything negative about Psych drugs, the critics raise Lisa McPherson as a counter. The pro Scn forces counter with "caring people trying to offer useful solutions", etc. Back and forth. A lot of you guys have been out long enough to have had no real experience with VMs. I was one. I worked all four hurricanes in Florida in 2004, passing our food, water and ice. We had assist tables. There was no literature, no Way to Happiness distribution. I met the governor, Jeb Bush. It was good PR. It countered the Black PR the CofS has bought for itself for 30 years in Florida. It was a battle of PR.
Now that I know a lot more about what Scientology actually is, and isn't , I think the criticism of the VM movement is largely valid. I do know that the individual VMs manning those booths are really convinced that what they are doing is useful. They are believers. They are just as sincere as the christian who passes you out a leaflet that says you are going to burn in hell for eternity if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. He believes he is doing you a favor by warning you to not be slow in repenting.
Scientology looks very wacko to the press. UFO cult wacko. Int. mgmt is not doing much effective to counter this opinion. Attack as a policy does not make anyone your friend. It makes them buy weapons, and hire goons to get you. In this case, the weapons are video cameras, microphones, ex-Scientologists telling it like it is. Labeling people as apostates is weak, as a defense against what they say. One little by-product of the massive offloads from Int is something DM probably never factored in: hundreds of disaffected , intelligent, literate, pissed off, vindictive people willing to talk about specific eyewitness accounts of abuse, imprisonment and mistreatment. 2007 is going to be a very interesting year, I think. Mike

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm watching the reactions to VMs showing up at Virginia Tech. There seems to be a lot of passion on both sides. It's a PR battle. Anytime anyone says anything negative about Psych drugs, the critics raise Lisa McPherson as a counter. The pro Scn forces counter with "caring people trying to offer useful solutions", etc. Back and forth. A lot of you guys have been out long enough to have had no real experience with VMs. I was one. I worked all four hurricanes in Florida in 2004, passing our food, water and ice. We had assist tables. There was no literature, no Way to Happiness distribution. I met the governor, Jeb Bush. It was good PR. It countered the Black PR the CofS has bought for itself for 30 years in Florida. It was a battle of PR.
Now that I know a lot more about what Scientology actually is, and isn't , I think the criticism of the VM movement is largely valid. I do know that the individual VMs manning those booths are really convinced that what they are doing is useful. They are believers. They are just as sincere as the christian who passes you out a leaflet that says you are going to burn in hell for eternity if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. He believes he is doing you a favor by warning you to not be slow in repenting.
Scientology looks very wacko to the press. UFO cult wacko. Int. mgmt is not doing much effective to counter this opinion. Attack as a policy does not make anyone your friend. It makes them buy weapons, and hire goons to get you. In this case, the weapons are video cameras, microphones, ex-Scientologists telling it like it is. Labeling people as apostates is weak, as a defense against what they say. One little by-product of the massive offloads from Int is something DM probably never factored in: hundreds of disaffected , intelligent, literate, pissed off, vindictive people willing to talk about specific eyewitness accounts of abuse, imprisonment and mistreatment. 2007 is going to be a very interesting year, I think. Mike

Mike, I'm not only a 'never been' but a 'critic' and I also know Volunteer Ministers and know that they are well intentioned people doing their best for the victims by the way they think.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The VMs are well-meaning, but, their 'intention' is to promote Scientology.

First and foremost. It's the only 'salvation' they see.

Nothing else matters if Scientology is being promoted, *because* Scientology is the only salvation.

Since it isn't, they're like firemen spraying blue paint on burning buildings.

It won't help, and it *often* hurts.

Zinj

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
OHTEEATE,

Thank you for the update. I hope everything is working out for your father. We would all love an update on that. Family is the most important thing in the world. I believe that now (was brainwashed otherwise).

Also, another thing, which you havent mentioned here, is that when Scientology is attacked by critics, then the Scientologists know that they are expanding. Why? Cause LRH said so and LRH is always right. He said that the more they expand, the more the critics attacked.

I wonder if he sat in a corner figuring out every possible "war" strategy to make his system work. It wouldn't suprize me, with how many books on war he has read, and one of his all time favorite books is "The Art of War".

OHTEEATE

attention deficit disorder

I think the CofS has ADD or ADHD if you prefer. I think their idea that the more they are getting mangled in the press, the better, is insane. People get curious, sure, but they come in expecting to be asked for their inheritance to be signed over, and when money comes up, they freak. A close friend was asked if he had any inheritance expected after 30 minutes in the SF Org in 1971. He knew right then there was a dark side to Scientology.
My Dad is waiting for chemo, then radiation. He is a poster child for National Health Care. His Medical, medicare, and personal insurance don't mean diddly squat. He has been diagnosed with cancer of the esophagous since January, and has not had any treatment. Exploratory surgery a week ago proved inoperable. DUH! :duh: Why don't they just wait a while longer until it is Stage 3, then they can really throw up their hands? Too late! sorry, can't help you! The medical profession is really out there. Expensive beyond belief, legally attacked and totally defensive, afraid to ACT. It's time for a big change. I hope National Health is not the answer turned to. From all accounts, it's worse in Canada and the UK. I feel like suing the bastards myself, for not doing anything effective, and all their delays.
None of my sisters or brother has called or visited him. Very disappointing, but not unexpected. It violates honor and help your parents from the Way to Happiness, but I guess the PTS/SP policies are more important to them. With all the other horrors going on in the world, I see this as a small, personal tragedy sometimes, other times I see it as a good example of why Scientology will not be mainstream anytime soon. Too cruel. Thanks for your interest. I'll let you know what happens with Allan.
Mike Henderson

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know, I know a lot of people are keyed into something very spectacular in the Sea Org, I know the staff won't even get auditing as God forbid they say something negative and get RFP'ed for an itsa.

But the truth is Scientology is a business.

And anyone running a business wants happy customers and if they are good, sees to it people are glad about whatever exchange they had.

In the old days at my Org/Mission if someone was unhappy the E.D. or Chaplain got right on it with an auditor to repair any damage done.

It has gotten to the point where the Sea Org expects complete compliance from everyone without question, and the public are expected to do what ever they told and everyone is handled with threats and domination.

Anyone who makes any noise at all is slapped down with a declare order, which people are not paying too much attention to anymore days.

All of the out PR for the Church is managable, it's just that no one in the Church cares enough about the people discontent and brushes them off like flies with golden rod.

Sure, your Dad can't see his own children while volunteer ministers are on the street doing what over there by Virginia Tech? You know the people in Virginia are running from those VM.

And I got to thinking what would have to happen for my ruds to be in with the church. I'd like to know too what would finally make other people happy, so the Church can have an understanding of the simple wants of people and how all of this bad PR is easily solved.

For my ruds to be in, because see, I don't want anything else from the Church for myself, and I don't have any complaints I can't manage about any discomforts of my own. But it is an others to others flow for me.

I would like for others to be able to know the Scientology I knew, have the friends I had, and help that I had. So my wants would be for other people and the Church itself.

This is what would have to happen for my ruds to be in:

Every justice cycle since the beginning of time against your customers cancelled. Wake up and be a business that provides to your customers and see that people are happy with their explorations with your company.

Every Sea Org member put on a program right now to get them up the bridge, their rights to exchange restored and given the 21/2 hours a day and bridge they were promised.

Every session private and for the staff or client only, not for the justice department to dwell in it's black magic.

Every Sea Org member given 1000.00 bonus for every year they have been in to make amends for all that was not delivered to them.

Sea Org members given back their freedom to come and go and have control of their own lives when they are not on post.

Sea Org members given back wages and triple time for time spent on the RPF.

All cancelled certs restored and gift certificates to the auditors for service who got wiped out with GAOT.

Back wages paid to the Sea Org members thrown out on the street for the years they invested into the Sea Org for no return.

Mission licenses granted to anyone who wants to open a mission with full managment support to get a grass roots movement mocked up again.

Full accounting for all of the donations monies made available to those who made donations and kept public through a newletter. Don't cringe, we'll let the past go by.

The Sea Org would have to dismantle it's Internal Revenue Service branches that are just set up tax people: SMI ABLE and WISE. And get onto actually training auditors, and processing people and helping the missions grow.

All of this "Organization" established by DM has been an overt product.

Int managment would also need to dismantle that gnarley CMO group and get those made looney through some destim and then enhancment and turn the police into auditors.

DM could stay on but he would need to go out and rebuild everything he destroyed starting with getting missions back on the street.

Narconon could be in the mission network along with Applied Scholatics and Criminon and the rest, they are missions.

Public and staff would have to be treated with respect and taken care of as if they really were recognized for being an important part of this evolution.

People unhappy and unwilling to be part of the new scene would be made happy through refund or amends for damages to their lives.

Forced disconnection would be cancelled.

The Church would have to back out of peoples underpants and knock off the invasion of privacy and surrender peoples private parts as part of Church assets and leave people alone on thier 2D.

Anyone not happy with their last service would be patched up by the Church at the Church's expense.

The official Scientology beggar groups would be disbanned (Regges for dono's IAS, Super Power and CCHR) and those staff would be put on auditor training so they could actually deliver something in exchange for income.

Then, my ruds would be in on the Church of Scientology.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Also, another thing, which you havent mentioned here, is that when Scientology is attacked by critics, then the Scientologists know that they are expanding. Why? Cause LRH said so and LRH is always right. He said that the more they expand, the more the critics attacked.

When under attack, a :shark: spokesfish says that they are expanding. Why? It's an application of the Emergency Formula, the first step of which is "Promote".

That may be in the PL "Emergencies and Accounts Personnel". The line is something like "Never write a letter to a business organization without mentioning our expansion. Example, 'Dear Mr. Jones, Because of our recent expansion...'"

I would guess that Hubbard enshrined that idea in his statement about attacks. It doesn't have to be true, but it's the same application of that formula point, even if the only people believing it are the staff.

Paul

OHTEEATE

Custodian

There are several definitions of the word custodian. One of them is a person who cleans up after others. One of the functions of OSA is to find out how staff are doing and try to handle any upsets or situations BEFORE they turn into blows, route-outs, etc. This was done with me/us. It was done with some compassion, and some care. I don't hate OSA. I know some of those guys and I can honestly say they are for the most part really good, intelligent, and caring people.
Tonight I am afraid my Dad is slipping away. There is not a damn thing I or anyone else can do about it. He has a cancer that is eating him up, and sapping his strength, and he is in no shape to withstand any chemotherapy or radiation.
Allan Henderson came into Scientology with me at the South Lake Tahoe Mission, in 1972. He married the receptionist, a 6 foot tall German woman named Antje, a year later. He has been married to her twice as long as he was married to my mother, over 35 years. He was audited to Clear by my sister, Melissa. He helped my brother Matt renovate the NY CMO building. He helped my sister Marcy renovate the St. Louis Org, when it moved to the old Masonic Lodge. He worked on the Int Base renos in 1987-88, as a consultant. He built the original koi pond at Orange County Org for Ray Kemp. He rebuilt Orange County Org after it was firebombed. He built the Pac Sauna in the basement of LA Org. He was the original contractor of record for the Cedars purchase and renos. He contributed his time, knowledge and care to help Scientology. After his retirement, his wife used some of her inate abilities to help bereaved women cope with the loss of loved ones. For this she was written up, and she resigned from the CofS. She and Allan were declared SP in NOv. 2001
Allan has not heard from 5 of his 6 children in 5 years. They know he is critically ill, and dying. If anyone high up in OSA gets this, please get his children mobilized fast to visit him before it is too late. This transcends policy. It is humanitarian, and it will be very black PR indeed if he dies without them visiting him. I am asking you as a son, and a brother, not for myself but for my father, to let him go in peace, with some healing between him and his children. It is the right thing to do. Mike Henderson

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Geeze Mike,

Your father was obviously an enormous help to the Church, even lending his own children as staff.

It is obvious he is not a suppressive person.

No one in the Church will go out of their way to correct the injustice or give him final peace. If he is not on staff today or service or a prospect for income they have no use for him and charity and good will and good deeds are not anybodies stat.

If I were you I would bypass the Church and write up a cancellation on his declare order on golden rod and deliver it to him, tell him the injustice has been overturned and an official apology has been issued. Give him a right indication. You take charge.

Just my 2 cents.

OHTEEATE

Latest

My Dad is done with the first round of Chemotherapy, and getting radiation 5 days a week. He is off the feeding tube, and slowly getting back on food through the mouth. This is good news. I will keep you informed, and thanks to those of you who expressed concern. 5 milion people saw him last Monday night, and his story is on You Tube in 3 parts. He is at the end of part one and the beginning of part two. BBC Panorama, Scientology and Me, by John Sweeney, produced by Sarah Mole, filmed by Bill. Thanks, guys.