What's new

OT Committee - or something like that

Aliceinwonderland

Patron with Honors
Once upon a time, didn't I hear something about an OT Committee? A group of people that used "dark" Scn against people who were either attacking the Church or at least seemed like a threat?

If a group of aware and powerful people can get together to create a bad scene, why wouldn't a group get together to create a good one?

I've been taking a look at "gas" prices lately. I'm in Calif., so prices are getting screechingly high for gas.

Wouldn't it be great to have an OT Committee get together to either lower the prices or to enable more ideas about efficient ways car engines can be built for much better gas mileage. :gathering:

I've already seen "some" starts on the cars being able to run both on water and on gas through an added device which transforms water into hydrogen. However, from what I gather its not a perfected item yet. The one thing is that it can't be stopped by big oil companies, because its being sold as a "manual" online. Meaning you can make it yourself, if you're of the ability to do so. They try to make it sound like its "easy", but I'm sure there are some variables that make it more difficult than it seems.

Its said that the gas prices should come down - but who knows when.

Also, what about "anything" that seems out of balance - like maybe even mortgages or real estate. I haven't heard of any OT Committee working on putting out intentions and changes towards the very crux of how we live in the Western type of civilizations.

What does anyone think about this idea of an OT Committee for bettering our environment, etc.?

:thewave:
Lyn

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
The OT Committee was formed, from what I experienced being on a few, to get public on service, do "grass roots" type of actions, PR in the community, etc. I never saw it being used to run Black NOTS.

The best thing to do for the gas prices is to write your congressmen/women and let them know that they are NOT looking out for our (the general populations) best interests. There is oil and lots of it in the Dakotas, there is oil in Alaska, which will probably never be tapped in to because they put the Polar Bear (with rising population stats) on the "threatened" list, etc.

I'm all for a green planet, I recycle, I've been using florescent bulbs for years, but the environmentalist are ruining our chances of ever drilling for oil in the US or off our shores and they are halting turning coal into oil and various other options.

We need a president that will tell the "tree huggers" to shut up before the US turns into a big fat joke on planet earth.

Anon678_

Patron
God, this shit just gets to me after a while.

The best thing to do for the gas prices is to write your congressmen/women and let them know that they are NOT looking out for our (the general populations) best interests.

No, the best way to look out for the interests of the general public would be to INCREASE the tax on gas, and put the price UP. Using gas is called a "negative externality" (link) where there is a cost to the rest of the planet because of your consumption, but you (personally) bear only one six billionth of the cost, the rest goes to the other six billion people. The correct way to reduce the cost is to make the cost explicit and borne by the consumer, hence the tax. You do know that in America gas costs less than a half of what it costs most other places? And other countries don't complain quite as much. Suck it up, higher prices are here to stay.

There is oil and lots of it in the Dakotas, there is oil in Alaska, which will probably never be tapped in to because they put the Polar Bear (with rising population stats) on the "threatened" list, etc.

Maybe it actually is threatened.

I'm all for a green planet, I recycle, I've been using florescent bulbs for years, but the environmentalist are ruining our chances of ever drilling for oil in the US or off our shores and they are halting turning coal into oil and various other options.

We need a president that will tell the "tree huggers" to shut up before the US turns into a big fat joke on planet earth.

The US already is a joke in terms of environmental policy, and you want to make it WORSE? I suggest you go watch some european news, those guys have a VERY different point of view to most other countries. Even their media takes an extremely different point of view.

Even though I am a far leftist, I would have to agree that the best way out of the gas and oil dilemma is to add a substantial tax to gasoline. Then use the tax money to invest in better public transportation et.cetera. The United States economy and infrastructure was designed and built on the assumption and expectation of cheap gasoline. But we can't just shut down the economy becasue the infrastructure substitute isn't in place yet to keep people working if gasoline gets too high. So raise the tax gradually to raise the cash for infrastructure improvemnets (mass transit, not more highways) and keep rasing the tax so that frivilous use of gasoline becomes prohibitive.
We are spoiled in America, I think. We believe that we are entitiled to cheap gasoline while the rest of the world carries the load for us.
It is time to pay the Piper.

The Anabaptist Jacques

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even though I am a far leftist, I would have to agree that the best way out of the gas and oil dilemma is to add a substantial tax to gasoline. Then use the tax money to invest in better public transportation et.cetera. The United States economy and infrastructure was designed and built on the assumption and expectation of cheap gasoline. But we can't just shut down the economy becasue the infrastructure substitute isn't in place yet to keep people working if gasoline gets too high. So raise the tax gradually to raise the cash for infrastructure improvemnets (mass transit, not more highways) and keep rasing the tax so that frivilous use of gasoline becomes prohibitive.
We are spoiled in America, I think. We believe that we are entitiled to cheap gasoline while the rest of the world carries the load for us.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Commodities are priced at, or close, to market value. Oil prices are rising because of the market, not US sins in the past. If you want to crush the US economy in a swoop, raise gas taxes all you want. If we had done that in the 70's, gradually, it might have worked. Not now. While you are at it be sure to disincentivize social security and medicare spending because they are the real ogres on the horizon. I don't think the US is spoiled any more than the rest of world. In general the US has been better organized, more willing to accept immigrant assistance, and simply bigger in terms of resources and outlook than most of the world. Foresight and technology count for something, and the willingness to forego vacations and government assistance. We have expectations and will adjust as market conditions require. But implying this present situation is penance, or that the "world carries the load" is bullshit. The US didn't plan for higher prices. They didn't deserve them. They are a result of market conditions. That's life.

I'm not saying the problem isn't because of market conditions. What I am saying is that the U.S economic infrastructure is based on the assumption and expectation of cheap gas and oil. Because of market conditions it won't be cheap anymore. So the infrastructure has to change. The government (largely because of entitlements and military spending) does not have the money to make the changes, and the changes will take time to construct.
That is why the money should come from an increased gas tax because an increased gas tax will 1) cut down on frivilous (marginal) use of gas and oil and 2) rasie the capital for infrastructure spending. Granted, there is a diminishing return on revenue from taxes when they reach a certain point. But we are not at that point yet; far from it actually.
And as far as the rest of the world carrying the load, I was talking about pollution and the geopolitical landscape. Our frivilous overconsumption drives their prices up as well. Also, you can't say that our use of oil does not effect the political situation in the Middle East, central Africa, and elsewhere. We are reckless in our use of gas and oil. They Europeans are not.
We can't kid ourselves that the free market will solve our problems. That, to me, is naive. If we ignore the problem with the old bromide of "the free market will handle it" we are in for a rude awakening. It is time to pay the Piper.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This thread has veered off topic, but can I ask gas (petrol) prices in the US? In Australia they are around $1.80 per LITRE and heading upwards rapidly. The effect is already dramatic. :nervous:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not saying the problem isn't because of market conditions. What I am saying is that the U.S economic infrastructure is based on the assumption and expectation of cheap gas and oil. Because of market conditions it won't be cheap anymore. So the infrastructure has to change. The government (largely because of entitlements and military spending) does not have the money to make the changes, and the changes will take time to construct.
That is why the money should come from an increased gas tax because an increased gas tax will 1) cut down on frivilous (marginal) use of gas and oil and 2) rasie the capital for infrastructure spending. Granted, there is a diminishing return on revenue from taxes when they reach a certain point. But we are not at that point yet; far from it actually.
And as far as the rest of the world carrying the load, I was talking about pollution and the geopolitical landscape. Our frivilous overconsumption drives their prices up as well. Also, you can't say that our use of oil does not effect the political situation in the Middle East, central Africa, and elsewhere. We are reckless in our use of gas and oil. They Europeans are not.
We can't kid ourselves that the free market will solve our problems. That, to me, is naive. If we ignore the problem with the old bromide of "the free market will handle it" we are in for a rude awakening. It is time to pay the Piper.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Money is production and distribution in exchange form. You don't get more money from constriction of economies, you get depression. US oil consumption has probably kept the lid on more incipient problems in the world than caused them, at least to this point. The Saudi princes purchase political stability with oil money. Do you really want talibanesque governments throughout the Middle East? By no means am I saying the US has practiced good sense in their long term oil policy or relations with the Saudis. And the invasion of Iraq was insanity.

But I'm afraid we are no longer at a point in the US where there is the ability for the population to withstand an unlimited tax structure. This has less to do with oil than miseducation and the destruction of US manufacturing. If you want to tax your way out of this mess I think you are going to find a very deep bottom. And the US way of life, which emphasizes individual home ownership and considerable personal freedom predicated on the ability to move about easily, may be seriously jeopardized.

The reason the US made it as long as it did was drive. If they don't have it anymore, fine. Go the way of all past giants who fell to earth. Spiritually that may even work better for the population. But in an absolute sense because of some imaginary world order, forget it.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just to put matters into some form of perspective, The OT Central Committee was formed in 1966 in order to support the development of OT abilities. One of the major undertakings was the SEA PROJECT. The HUBBARD EXPLORATION COMPANY was set up so that the project coiuld run under it's aegis.

The only flaw in the plan was Hubbard himself, who could not match the development of abilities that occured in Las Palmas. His own personal out-ethics and drug problems got in the way, the result being that Hubbard usurped the Sea Project into a new personally controlled operation; The Sea Organisation, where he could exert his authority and inflict a servile and obedient dominance over them.

Being a sci-Fi nut, he adorned the new group with symbols that he (through his fertile imagination) concocted, claiming them to be associated with the "discoveries" he had made through his OT research.

That, in essence, is what the OT Committee was about.

Any other versions latterly discussed, are and have no bearing or relation to the original concept.

Aliceinwonderland

Patron with Honors
OT Committee - or something like that

I think what I'm saying is that there is this start of a "time for change" - big major change. I think that the oil companies are getting ready for this.

Like the tabacco industries. Look at the change in that. From, "smoking" was tough and cool thing to do in the late 1800's to early 1960's to it'll kill ya and its now even illegal in certain common areas from the 70's to present. I think the "smart" tabacco companies started investing in other areas because otherwise they'd be totally out of business.

I was originally talking about bringing a group of powerful postulators together and seeing what changes could be made. The fortunate thing is that there are people who are genius in the areas of mechanics and chemistry that can create new ways, if only they have the pathway to do so.

Just like the situation of Scn and Anon, there is something that can be done about too much abuse coming from a business (I consider CofS a business). Anon has used the net to bring about huge protests across the world. Its very difficult to stop someone on the net, if that person is within the "game" rules, so to speak.

There needs to be a stronger "game plan" that leads to other venues for travelling around without eating one's pocket book to death. I mentioned that someone has discovered a way to create an addition to the car so that it will run on both water and gas, cutting the gas useage to half or so. I highly doubt all the kinks have been worked out of it.

There are people now selling books on how to create this conversion, however, I understand that some of these books might be "scams". BUT, the technology is out there. It was created in Europe but the guy didn't have the funds to create these cars on a mass basis.

But now, there is the internet. If a good mechanic can buy a reliable manual on this conversion kit, I imagine he'd make good bucks on servicing cars with the HHO conversion. It doesn't eliminate gas altogether, but it does cut it down according to what is being said on the net.

That's the thing - I was thinking the more "intention" is being put out by a group of people who have "had it" with company and government abuses, I figured that eventually there will be other routes or vias in which better solutions come up.

So, I suppose the word "Committee" might be the wrong word, but I was thinking in terms of OT abilities comming together and creating new avenues for people to create in.

There are people in this world who gather together for "healings" - why not for change in business? There are groups that get together for healing the planet, but for me, it seems too general. I think if there were groups intending towards particular areas, it would eventually create alternatives.

I know it might sound like the "lazy" way towards taking some sort of responsibility, but I admit that I'm taking advantage of several thousands of people who know a whole lot more about mechanics, business, etc., than I do.

Since this world is mostly based on communications between beings through all types of different vias, then why not postulate ways to balance out abuses from monopolies and power hungry people.

The internet is a powerful tool. With enough of the correct info about conversion kits or other means of changing the situation, it cannot be stopped. No one can kill the invention if the invention is all over the net.

However, the above is only one example of what's being done. I was thinking it would be great to gather people who like to create and just send out those thoughts/concepts into the "ethers" and see what happens. Its much more powerful if several people get together to do this. There "are" some who can do this alone, but really I think its a much faster manifestation if done in a group.

Actually, people gathering together don't necessarily have to have done the OT levels, but having the ability to postulate, intend and manifest is the whole idea. If there isn't very much "case" or "filters" in the way, it happens that much faster.

Is there a group like this already in existance? If not - why not? Do people who have done the OT levels, etc., keep the ability of manifestation to themselves and for themselves for the most part?

DartSmohen

You mean the volcanos at "las Palmas" or something else?

Perhaps if you read a couple of earlier threads; THE SEA PROJECT; HOW THE ADVENTURE STARTED, THE JOURNEY TO LAS PALMAS, THE SAHARA CAMPAIGN you might get a better idea of what I was referring to.

The problem is that it is not all contained in one thread, but spread across several historical threads. This was not intentional, just the way the words fell onto the pages.

DS

Challenge

It was COS's OT Commitee that did that infiltration of CADA in 1988/89. Read the article in the LA Times 1990 expose, written by Welkos and Soppel, entitled " When The Doctrine Leaves the Church.
We see how that worked out for them.

CHLNG

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious

The Anabaptist Jacques

ugh. comments like this make me think that you have either never had a business and employees, never made more than 30k a year, or /and think that money grows on trees and anyone with money must have gotten lucky or inherited it. :duh:

you may be a wonderful person...but this is so ignorant to think that raising taxes will solve the economy. god help us all.

I have had my own business, and have made over $50K a year, and have had employees. The fallicy with your assumption, is that only people who have not accomplished any of this are the only ones with civic virtue. Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society, as Justice Brandies put it (I think it was him). The difficulty America has with finding solutions (in my opinion) is that people only look at their own situation, making civic virtue difficult to find.
The great lie in American history is that the government doesn't help the economy. It doesn't automatically help, and it surely sometimes hurts. But the advances we make come from government investment in infrastructure and standard of living. Whether it was the original canals, the railroads, the airplane (the Wright Brothers built their plane in order to win a government grant) the high tech industry (Computers and advanced aviation came from World War II), as well as other benefits from the space program.
Our current infrastructure needs capital input for massive programs that will put the economy into the 21st century.
Besides, if you don't have taxes you can't run the government. If you want a government that doesn't interfere, a pure laize faire government without taxes, then Afghanistan is the place for you.

Modern economic theory is (in my opinion) akin to what astrology was in ancient times: an elaborate system for experts to advise leaders and rulers. And just like astrologers, they are almost always wrong. I don't know of any economic theory today that is not self-serving of some vested interest.

The Anabaptist Jacques