What's new

Other People Getting Critical

I wanted to write about this particular issue. The issue with other people getting critical with me about my working for the c of s. I've had to put up with several people in my life, since I've left, who love to be critical of me, and it. It doesn't happen a lot, but not too long ago I had to deal with my stepmother's rudeness and questioning attitude about the c of s. Really, I have no idea how she even knew I used to work in an org, because my dad wasn't even married to her at the time I was on staff. He had a different wife at that time, who was not critical of the c of s.

And so here is my question; how to answer people when they get critical of the fact that you were a scientologist. People have said things like "I just wonder what is so great about it, with all of the movie stars joining it"? that is what the stepmother said, and it wasn't in a very nice tone. I now do not feel like it's any of her business, and know now that she isn't asking me because she really wants to know, but more because she wants to put me down. But when people pose questions to you, what do you say back to them?

I remember that when she asked me I began explaining to her the idea of overts and withholds. And I used an example of two people being married and one of the leaving the marriage because of doing something to the other, and that it's called "individuation". She literally got up from the chair she was sitting in and skulked out the door, got into her car and drove off somewhere. She does that when she gets upset, kinda like the phenomena of blowing. She left the area. I sat there and watched her leave. She's a freaking weirdo.:nervous: :omg:

That's the kind of thing you need to come up with your own answer. I always answer based on what interested me in the subject of scientology. I find the subject to have a technology that is useful & easy to apply for developing personal insight. Sort of like a "Practical Buddhism". When queried on the church I simply point out that the church as an institution is corrupt and coercive. That most likely reflects the personal character weaknesses of LRH. That does not negate the value of the subject.

Afterall, mainstream christianity has a history in comparison of which the Co$ is meek an inoffensive yet many people choose to identify with what they understand to be the "doctrine of christ" (mileage varies).

Mark A. Baker