What's new

OTIII: When the Pilot appears, WHO is mocking it up?

Div6

Crusader
Remember I think Hubbard's OT2/3 theory is complete horseshit, but I do think there are genuine underlying phenomena that the procedures address, although badly.

When I worked in the AO at Saint Hill around 1982-85, we somehow had lots of people get onto OT1-3 who had attested to Dn Clear after 1978 who had had little auditing and were not in good case shape. We generally found that those with little auditing could get few reads on OT2 (sometimes none) and could find few if any "BTs" to run on OT3, even when well-trained as solo auditors.

One "explanation" for this that I have seen on ESMB is that they had not been indoctrinated enough into believing Hubbard hook, line, and sinker, and so did not fall for the scam.

Conversely, those who had received a bunch of auditing and were well set up (and also well-trained both as solo auditors generally and on the specific level) generally got a bunch of reads on OT2 and found a bunch of things to run on OT3.

My understanding of these observations is that there are indeed underlying phenomena that get addressed by the procedures of OT2 and OT3 (nothing to do with implants or volcanoes), but these phenomena are very sensitive and will not be perceived amid the noise of someone who still has attention on all the case shit that should get handled on the lower levels.

This may well be seen by some as a self-serving explanation, but I'm willing to admit to horseshit if it makes more sense to me than the alternatives — here it doesn't.

Paul

I've seen public "assert" case levels, merely for status reasons, and not have the foggiest clue what auditing, case gain and the grade chart were all about. In some respects this was because at the lower levels (ie: Life Repair), they had massive wins, or went ext, and they subsequently believed that was "it" and asserted it all the way up the line, until they fell on their heads. Those that trained at that point, it helped stabilize them, and once they experienced "the other side" (ie:auditing someone else) they did quite well. Those that didn't train didn't do so well. Further to the point, Scn was marketed as an "escapist philosophy", ie: 'Total Freedom'. And while this attracted many free and able spirits, it also attracted a lot of irresponsible and bigoted people who were just too busy to "get trained". Couple that with the orgs failing to deliver decent co-audits, and using the Academy to feed the HGC, and well...here we are.

Hamsters without a wheel.....:duh:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
How true, this is what fine print is for....

at the bottom of one of the OTIII Bulletins I recall that you were supposed to run yuerself on inc II and incident I after you ran out of BTS...

I also recall this nugget, which was at the bottom of page, after one had already entered a state of shock at reading the weirdness that was supposed to be true... (paraphrased) "all cases of NO BTS turned out to later have been found to have not had sufficient charge removed from their case. Anyone with NO BTS will be required to redo all their lower level grades again up to OTIII AT THEIR EXPENSE..."

The emperor truly had no clothes... [...]

There was mention of this on the course that I did circa 1980. Specifically, the text said that running the incidents out of self was not (or no longer) necessary.

Consider the ramifications of running something out. I maintain that a balance will be maintained because something else is being unwittingly run in. The magician never draws attention to that. The perceived need to run more lower grades and stuff may well be, 1) sufficient awareness needed on the part of the pc/client to know when/how he feels during change in mental outlook, and the associated meter phenomena, 2) enough "mass" blowing leaving a polar opposite behind, or, leaving an opening for negative life force to move in. See dartsmoten's write-up on that.

If that makes any sense? It does to me.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

the grade chart

-snip-

It's interesting that being able to perform the various assigned rituals of a particular level of the Grade Chart, with expected meter responses, overrides in importance the actual advertised attainment. Clear was described in 1950, and sixty years later that described state of Clear has not been attained. OT was described around 1952, and almost sixty years later, that described state of OT has not been attained.

People who do these levels are amazingly like people who never heard of them, except that they can perform certain rituals which include having their e-meters respond in a certain manner. That, by itself, is a source of great satisfaction and renewed certainty, with the original envisioned abilities of Clear and OT only a distant dream, but somehow it doesn't matter anymore, as one is now a Scientologist. As icing on the cake, one can call oneself a "Clear" and an "OT," even though, as originally described, one is no such thing, yet it doesn't matter. One has successfully performed the assigned rituals and that's enough.

Lure Rob & Hyde

Patron with Honors
Your spot on statement is laser precise.
"I also recall this nugget, which was at the bottom of page, after one had already entered a state of shock at reading the weirdness that was supposed to be true... (paraphrased) "all cases of NO BTS turned out to later have been found to have not had sufficient charge removed from their case. Anyone with NO BTS will be required to redo all their lower level grades again up to OTIII AT THEIR EXPENSE..."

Anyone caught not seeing BTs would start to envision them at once after he was given the news and $$$ dollar amount he would have to pay for not seeing them!!
I saw this type of "handling " myself being enforced on perfectly sane persons who had been roped into the OT3 cartoon!

Hubbard you were always a greedy devious sick son of a bitch!!!

How true, this is what fine print is for....

at the bottom of one of the OTIII Bulletins I recall that you were supposed to run yuerself on inc II and incident I after you ran out of BTS...

I also recall this nugget, which was at the bottom of page, after one had already entered a state of shock at reading the weirdness that was supposed to be true... (paraphrased) "all cases of NO BTS turned out to later have been found to have not had sufficient charge removed from their case. Anyone with NO BTS will be required to redo all their lower level grades again up to OTIII AT THEIR EXPENSE..."

The emperor truly had no clothes...(LINK to more)

Here is a picture of the Pilot:

"father please hear my confession:
I've legalized robbery, called it belief
I've run with money, hid like a thief, rewritten history,...invented memories.....
then burned all the books"
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms Album,(play audio clip of this segment - 19 seconds)

All the old hypnotists state that to be a successful operator one must maintain altitude, prestige, and reputation...

"Lesson No 4 Select for your patient a man who believes in you...."
"Your patient is obedient because he believes in you."
How to become an Expert Operator (italic emphasis mine)

this is why one should share such images:

old-L-Ron-Hubbard.jpg

(note: any EX-member has my permission to use images and bandwidth from Lermanet.com in order to help set our previous brothers in Arms free)

Arnie Lerma

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember I think Hubbard's OT2/3 theory is complete horseshit, but I do think there are genuine underlying phenomena that the procedures address, although badly.

When I worked in the AO at Saint Hill around 1982-85, we somehow had lots of people get onto OT1-3 who had attested to Dn Clear after 1978 who had had little auditing and were not in good case shape. We generally found that those with little auditing could get few reads on OT2 (sometimes none) and could find few if any "BTs" to run on OT3, even when well-trained as solo auditors.

One "explanation" for this that I have seen on ESMB is that they had not been indoctrinated enough into believing Hubbard hook, line, and sinker, and so did not fall for the scam.

Conversely, those who had received a bunch of auditing and were well set up (and also well-trained both as solo auditors generally and on the specific level) generally got a bunch of reads on OT2 and found a bunch of things to run on OT3.

My understanding of these observations is that there are indeed underlying phenomena that get addressed by the procedures of OT2 and OT3 (nothing to do with implants or volcanoes), but these phenomena are very sensitive and will not be perceived amid the noise of someone who still has attention on all the case shit that should get handled on the lower levels.

This may well be seen by some as a self-serving explanation, but I'm willing to admit to horseshit if it makes more sense to me than the alternatives — here it doesn't.

Paul

thank you Paul, I do not believe in Hubbard style BTs... I think there may be something to demonic or less than demonic cases of possession. as described in "Spirit Releasement Therapy" by William Baldwin PhD, that being said....

I have a more simple explanation for BTs as defined by Mr Hubbard:

I believe that Hubbard's drivel does indeed get rid of Hubbard's BTs... especially if he created them much like Mr Slater CREATED the mice on the floor in the image above, by suggestion.

Arnie Lerma

:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It's interesting that being able to perform the various assigned rituals of a particular level of the Grade Chart, with expected meter responses, overrides in importance the actual advertised attainment. Clear was described in 1950, and sixty years later that described state of Clear has not been attained. OT was described around 1952, and almost sixty years later, that described state of OT has not been attained.

People who do these levels are amazingly like people who never heard of them, except that they can perform certain rituals which include having their e-meters respond in a certain manner. That, by itself, is a source of great satisfaction and renewed certainty, with the original envisioned abilities of Clear and OT only a distant dream, but somehow it doesn't matter anymore, as one is now a Scientologist. As icing on the cake, one can call oneself a "Clear" and an "OT," even though, as originally described, one is no such thing, yet it doesn't matter. One has successfully performed the assigned rituals and that's enough.

Scientology is partly describable as a Status Cult fuelled by vanity. Attaining the level/status is the big thing for many people, and they are able to deceive themselves into believing that they have amazing 'OT abilities' quite easily. Reading 'success stories' from people on the OT levels, one mostly sees the most banal of events put forward as examples of OT abilities: "I can change traffic lights from red to green" and other such trivial nonsense.

And they make liars of themselves by allowing people on a lower level of the grade chart to believe that they have mysterious 'OT Powers.'

It really is a boobjob for the mind! Lol!

See my earlier posts on the subject. :)

-----

I wondered as I wrote it if I was overstating it and would get called on it. I can't give an answer that would fully substantiate it. ...

Capiche. I agree it certainly isn't the only explanation of the perceived phenomena, nor is it inherently the most likely. However, I don't see it as completely dismissable as an hypothesis either, no matter how unlikely. The idea certainly parallels similar perspectives found in other spiritual traditions to 'explain' such phenomena.

Mark A. Baker

G

Gottabrain

Now this is a discussion for those of us who have run or are running OTIII.

I am a fully out ex but I'll be polite here and just answer the question. WHEN I was in, I completed thru OT 4.

I tried for about an hr to run OT 3 from the view of the pilot being some sort of bad guy working for Xenu and mocking it up. It felt false so I stopped doing that. Went back to materials.

My understanding of it after the re-read was that the whole thing was an illusion, that L Ron thought it was a group illusion and that I was, in this instance, the pilot and I had mocked it up or it was a group illusion that everyone had mocked up.

Ran like a dream after that, got the EP of "Return of Full Self Determinism" and, incindentally, no BTs. It also took only about 2-3 weeks to run.

After completion, I secretly realized that Scn was not for me at all and I felt fully myself again and should leave the SO ASAP, that it was not what I wanted. I had never wanted it, actually. And the fact I had mocked up the whole thing - Sea Org, etc. - made more sense to me than I could begin to explain. The constant shifting of attention, the constant emergencies, the other-determinism of everybody else's needs but my own had some sort of parallels with OT3 and at the end of it, the cult was blown away. I would never be the same again.

So I have no complaints about OT3. The story was stupid to me, but then again, it was a huge wake-up call. Whether it was due to running it the way I did or because of the crazy wildness of the story itself, I can't say. But the true return of my self-determinism to see what I'd been doing there in the SO and to make a decision to leave with complete confidence and strength was actually the greatest win of my time in the SO and Scientology and this realization happened on completion of OT3 with Floating TA, persistent F/N, VVGI's the works. BTs were never an issue.

So you decide if what I did was in-tech or not, useful or not. I'm only stating the facts of what happened to me.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
In both the 3 materials and the nots materials, it is clearly stated they are too low toned, too much effect, to do much more than lay there and gather theta dust and cobwebs. The whole idea of these levels is to wake them up enough to leave.

Their auditing each other has about as much likelyhood as two corpses co-auditing cch's on each other.. "touch that left coffin wall" ack. "reach over" ack. "touch that right coffin wall" etc. It could take centuries to get to ep.

Mimsey

Thanks for the inval.

My personal BTs are all trained up. They are loosely Org boarded. They audit one another.

If you don't see that as likely, then you spend your time communicating with "low toned, asleep, non-causative beings. I got bettah things to do.

As LRH told me in the '50s, " let sleeping dogs lie".

Sounds right to me.

Actually, it was a piece of cake for me to audit BT/Cls because, like some other Auditors, I can see them. I realize that I was successful as an OT3 Review Auditor because I did see them, and I could blow 'em right off my PCs. Same with the BTs/Cls at the NOTs level. When I audited others on the level, I helped them find and helped them blow 'em.

Now, I see the 'blowing' of BTs as an overt, and as against all the good stuff like ARC that we liked at lower levels.

Now, I have my BT Big Band ( you've read of it when it was seeking members of the Brass Section). I have a large number of BTs inhabiting my cobalt blue glass collection, and a Magnolia tree in my front yard that houses hundreds of them.
They come and go around here.

They are boon companions and very very helpful. They are, indeed, my Spiritual Team Mates.

YMMV

challenge

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
In both the 3 materials and the nots materials, it is clearly stated they are too low toned, too much effect, to do much more than lay there and gather theta dust and cobwebs. The whole idea of these levels is to wake them up enough to leave.

Their auditing each other has about as much likelyhood as two corpses co-auditing cch's on each other.. "touch that left coffin wall" ack. "reach over" ack. "touch that right coffin wall" etc. It could take centuries to get to ep.

Mimsey

What's a few centuries to being that has been asleep for millions or quadrillions of years?

challenge

I have a large number of BTs inhabiting my cobalt blue glass collection, and a Magnolia tree in my front yard that houses hundreds of them.
Oh wow! Too cool... An old 8 friend of mine once told me he wouldn't cut down a certain tree on his property to do a room addition - I asked why - he liked the entity living in the tree. I really didn't know how to take that - was he theety wheety? Was he serious? And why not audit the guy, and when he left, chop down the tree? But, hey - different strokes for different folks.

Maybe I'll dust off my cans and see what else I can do with this level. It's not like I forgot how to run it.

BTW, I'm glad you didn't get standard run of the mill entities. Maybe I need to start validating and admiring mine more...

Mimsey

Div6

Crusader
You think it makes any difference? There is no further explanation of "the Pilot", as to whether "he" is like a Mississippi riverboat pilot, an aircraft pilot, a spaceship pilot, a pilot light on a gas stove, a talking pilot project, or what. God knows what people project for it.

Personally I mocked up something like an aircraft pilot in a brown leather jacket with a white silk scarf. I don't remember who I had mocking it up when I did OT III. I only became an expert after extensive studying while sup'ing it. When I actually first did the theory and audited it the sups sucked.

Paul

I do think it makes a difference, and to me it is an outpoint of some magnitude (given that LRH claimed to have the script to the full "36 days of implanting") that it was never elucidated any further. I mean, if you are going to tell people what to run so as to achieve an "as-is-ness" ....

The way it shook out for me was that "The Pilot" was a synthetic valance installed to convince the BT\Cluster that THEY were the 'source' of it all (thus mis-directing and obfuscating the overt of magnitude of genocide\mass implanting)
and creating a religiously insane population convinced of the "rightness" of hallucinatory cause as a valid expression of self. I think we see this reflected culturally in the way those who attain 'power' rig 'the game' so as to tilt the playing field toward "no effect on self\total effect on others". And in cases of egregious acts a person or group may have done to another or others, blaming the 'victim' for it. No responsibility\responsibility as blame.

It is endemic in our culture, and particularly in our "governments".

Your mileage may vary.

The constant shifting of attention, the constant emergencies, the other-determinism of everybody else's needs but my own had some sort of parallels with OT3
Dang dude! Dare I say Scientology is a big ass dramo of Ron's case?

Mimsey

He's mocking it up," he's metaphorically pointing a finger at you. "It" means OT-3. "It" means Scientology. "It" is the whole freakin' package including the civilization that Scientology depends on to collect its money.

But, there is an interesting parallel between that statment and the EP of the clearing course - where one runs it till the person realizes he's mocking it up. (or words to that effect.) That statement made by the Pilot could bring the entity (via eval) to the clear cog, and thus he stops creating his bank and leaves. On single entities (per Hubbard) it is easier to clear them than you or I since we are composite beings.

Mimsey

G

Gottabrain

Dang dude! Dare I say Scientology is a big ass dramo of Ron's case?

Mimsey

:thumbsup::yes: Way to go, Mimsey! :clap:

Can you imagine the incredible irony for me of finding out through achieving the (advertised) EP of OT III - that the whole of Scn and the SO was one huge group delusion and I was mocking it up as part of that group? Wasting my life in some silly sci-fi delusion and made up goal that belonged to someone else?

Not that I didn't have doubts before that, but my intention to leave was cemented and my resurgence of self determinism restored. For me, OT 3 was the hypnotist saying "wake up!" and breaking the sleeping spell of Scn completely.

As many of the most highly trained people who ever saw Scn have stated throughout ESMB - here and there, Hubbard actually stated or showed exactly what he was doing.

I remember the original PDC tape when Hubbard said he made up Scientology. I heard it myself (back in the early 80's - before those tapes were edited).

So Hubbard never told who the pilot was. He left us all with an OUT. A way to realize:

"I'M JUST MOCKING IT UP"
and it was true for all of us in the SO, in Scn. Just mocking it up together, all of it.