What's new

Our Dear Challenge Has Departed the Earthly Realm

Gib

Crusader
Challenge, who also had an earlier nic, has died while undergoing surgery.

This as reported by Jana's husband whom she affectionately always referred to her as "Spouse" . . .

Details as reported by Tory Christman this morning on The Outer Banks"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/scientology.abuse/permalink/2335582153186270/

Jana is one of the treasures of life I had the good fortune to know.
damn, her daughter Hilda Wagner audited me on the ARC Straightwire and Grade 0.

I was always hoping Hilda would reconnect back up with her mom, after she was declared.

I'm sad.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I keep thinking of her little cat (Konacat ... who is around 23 years old now I believe). Jana adored that little cat, I think she would be surprised to know she outlived her.

Jana's fabulous naughty humour always hit me like a brick wall ... I didn't expect a lady of her years to say some of the things she said ... it made me not dread getting older.

She was still cooking up a storm last time I heard from her (just a couple of weeks ago).

Condolences to Dan and Konacat.

:love8:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
It's so spooky, one day they're here, next day they're gone. I thought she'd outlast me TBH. It's strange, the very first post I ever read on esmb was one of hers, and she was talking about the death of her older sister, and the very first post I wrote (or among the first two or three) was one answering a post of hers about SO#1.

We exchanged literally hundreds of emails and I loved her to bits and I think she felt the same way about me. I shed a tear when I went to bed last night.When somebody dies we think we're sad about them, but really we're feeling sorry for ourselves and what we've lost.

Goodbye Jana.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Tony Ortega wrote a paper about Jana.
The Bunker ( excerpt)
An original Dianeticist takes her leave

....when we finally got a chance to meet her and hear her honey-smooth Southern accent in person. Jana was an original Dianeticist. She said her involvement in Hubbardism actually predated the publication of ‘Dianetics’ in 1950, and she had been out of Scientology about as long as she had originally been in it, about 30 years either way.
She was out soon enough that she was featured as a source in the legendary 1990 series at the Los Angeles Times by Sappell and Welkos.

Anyway, we talked to Jana about doing a more complete story of her entire life in and out of Scientology, and she seemed only mildly amused by it. We wish we’d pressed further. But we know that some of our readers can say more about her.
Jana had told us she was 90. Tory Christman announced that Jana did not survive a surgical procedure this week. We will miss having Jana as a valued reader and correspondent.

This was taken very recently and certainly one of the last picture of her. I know she was happy to participate and meet with people there.

Jana_Moreillon_TO-e1566125927418.jpg

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Here are a couple of Jana's paintings. They're not bringing anyone any pleasure stuck on my HDD so I thought I'd share them. I don't think she'd mind.

9vzqNR7.jpg

D53idy3.jpg

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Damn.

I liked her, a real character who put on no airs and graces for us.

I will miss her comments around here, condolences to her husband, if he is around here.

Sorry Lotus, but I think this song would be more appropriate....(even though yours was a great choice too)

Thinking of the first line in it.."Who are you?", my guess is she would have said "who the fuck are you?"

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
True,

A real texan girl.
She used to say "fooking"
;)

But I too know her as a poet; she was so happy after they bought their new home heart Port Ludlow. A true earth paradise (straight de Fucca) in Washington state. When she wrote letters and described the seasons, her garden, konycat, the many wild birds, there was this gentle poet soul .

Last edited:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Guessing that tonyortega.com is not the correct URL to see Jana's notice by Tony. At least I didn't go to tonyorlando.com like last time :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Illustrates the value of protecting one's branding by registering variants such as .com, .biz, .net. Anyone remember whitehouse.com back when it was a bawdy site with malware?

thanks for the linkage!
don't recall...but I'll give my condolences to strativarius who should be around soon with his branding iron..if he thinks it's needed

The_Fixer

Class Clown
True,

A real texan girl.
She used to say "fooking"
;)

But I too know her as a poet; she was so happy after they bought their new home heart Port Ludlow. A true earth paradise (straight de Fucca) in Washington state. When she wrote letters and described the seasons, her garden, konycat, the many wild birds, there was this gentle poet soul .
That's right. I stand corrected.