What's new

Out and proud?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I wince when I think of that "Ali G" interview. Posh and Becks seem to be basically nice people. Posh looks a bit snooty, but I've read a few articles by neighbours etc saying how down-to-Earth and friendly they both are in real life.

Paul

When I got back from overseas in 1996 the SG's were all the rage here. I'd never even heard of them, and I never took any interest in them all throught their career, since their music isn't 'my thing'.

This interview was the first time I ever paid any attention to anything any one of them ever did, and I was immediately smitten by Victoria and how sweet she is. The media always seems to be attacking her for one thing or another, but I'm definitely in love with her. She took all of Ali G's ribbing with good grace and defended David whenever she could.

I don't know why she's called 'Posh', posh people don't say 'when we was in America', but I can live with that.

I still think the video is really funny though.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I got back from overseas in 1996 the SG's were all the rage here. I'd never even heard of them, and I never took any interest in them all throught their career, since their music isn't 'my thing'.

This interview was the first time I ever paid any attention to anything any one of them ever did, and I was immediately smitten with Victoria and how sweet she is. The media always seems to be attacking her for one thing or another, but I'm definitely in love with her. She took all of Ali G's ribbing with good grace and defended David whenever she could.

I don't know why she's called 'Posh', posh people don't say 'when we was in America', but I can live with that.

I still think the video is really funny though.

She was called "Posh" apparently because when they first started they all had to take names relative to others in the band, and she was thought at the time to be posher than the other band members.

I've got nothing against satire (far from it), but to me Ali G lacks subtlety and I find him more cringeworthy than funny.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
There is perhaps a small element of jealousy on my part too, as to who his wife is;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Fisher

The very epitome of a bonny Scottish lass, even if she did grow up in Australia.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's said, and having said that, she doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid. Perhaps I'm too picky and that's why I haven't slept with all that many women in my life. He's welcome!

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's said, and having said that, she doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid. Perhaps I'm too picky and that's why I haven't slept with all that many women in my life. He's welcome!

It is indeed and thank goodness for that too; wouldn't it be hell if we all fancied the same people?

I've been told I'm too picky as well, although I like the saying a famous Russian tennis player (but not Sharapova) said about her home country; "We have a saying in Russia, that a man has to be a little bit more pretty than a monkey!"

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys! And really appreciate the little "peek" inside your world (I guess former world...)

As for recruitment, I remember reading in the Leah Remini book that she she thought she was being used as a pawn to lure Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony into Scientology. I also remember her writing, kinda proudly, that she barely recruited anyone to join and cited that, with one friend who was interested, Leah made sure that she had approval over the friend's handlers (for lack of a better term).