What's new

Outside experts call for Clearwater and Scientology to work together

randomx

Patron with Honors
It`s a shame Clearwater hired "outside" experts.
Wouldn`t it have been a better idea to hire "inside" experts?

I`m no expert on "outside experts".

I don`t have a clue on how they became experts.
But if being outside qualifies one as an expert, I guess one could be an expert on pretty much anything they weren`t inside.

That would be like the US Military experts bringing freedom to the Iraqi insiders.

I just find it crazy, that the city of Clearwater would hire people who haven`t lived with the problem, to come up with a solution, and then believe that they are somehow expert.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
random: Urban planning is a specialty and there aren't all that many of them. It is doubtful there would be a group of urban planners who are residents of Clearwater. Possible but doubtful. They are usually associated with a large university. To become an urban planner one must first obtain a degree in the field of urban planning. Only certain schools offer training in this field.

Boomima

Patron with Honors
Downtown St Pete is 1000 times better than either Clearwater or Tampa. Of course, Scientology's presence in St Pete is limited to a storefront across from a park frequented by the homeless. Draw your own conclusions.

Veda

Sponsor
Background

From 1980, concerning the 1970s...

Mike Wallace, on CBS' '60 Minutes':

"The Clearwater conspiracy is a story of a typical campaign launched by the Scientologists back in the middle 70s. Much of what you hear is still under investigation by a federal grand jury in Florida. It demonstrates graphically the tactics used by Church officials...

"Clearwater, in effect, was a microcosm of the type of operations undertaken by the Church of Scientology..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Qa6WIedQ0&feature=related
Includes Mayor Gabe Cazares addressing gathering.

And, from the year 2000, concerning the mid 1970s in Florida, and beyond.

Mark Bunker:

"Twenty five years ago, L. Ron Hubbard set in motion a plan called project Normandy, a covert operation designed for the complete take-over of Clearwater..."

Former Clearwater mayor Gabe Cazares:

"It said 'Move into Clearwater. Find out who your friends are, develop them. Find out who your enemies are, destroy them, and infiltrate every organization you can'..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
The sciobots have always wanted to change Clearwater into Hubbardville. They were going to show the world what they could do.

They have shown that the "tech" does not work. They have not fixed the town, they are not loved, no one wants them there. They have never made an area better. The guards, the distrust THEY show is testimony to their failure.

I love they fact that their failings were trotted out for all Hubbardville to see.

Oh darn!

:eyeroll: