What's new

Owen Starkey from the Freewinds?

c-orgy

Patron with Honors
Anyone have any info on Owen Starkey? (Brother of Norman). Really nice guy. Posted on the Freewinds as an auditor, but I think he got into some kind of trouble and was taken off post.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Owen died many years ago. Not sure of the date but he is long gone.

And yes, he was a wonderful person. :thumbsup: Quite the opposite of his moron brother.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I chatted with him in the early to mid 1980's when I was on Boston staff and he came there either on some mission or as an advance man for an event - I cannot recall.

I do recall though that I had a positive impression talking to him.

Then again, I had a positive impression of the Co$ back then as well. :duh::biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I had a brief discussion with Owen Starkey in the early 90s that I found very helpful. He said the difference between ethics and case is easy to show: case is stuff that is internal (thoughts, emotions etc) but ethics is involved with what you physically DO.

The distinction gets blurred when "had bad thoughts about the Midget" is a crime.

Paul

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

And yes, he was a wonderful person. :thumbsup: Quite the opposite of his moron brother.

I am sorry I had not heard that. Do you have a link to something that gives the date etc?

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
No I don't. I just vividly remember reading about it somewhere and later discussing it with a friend.

I'm also curious to know what has happened to Nan since her days in Copenhagen. Where is she now?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
No I don't. I just vividly remember reading about it somewhere and later discussing it with a friend.

I'm also curious to know what has happened to Nan since her days in Copenhagen. Where is she now?

Nan did pass away a long time ago from cancer.

Braveheart

New user here and just finding my feet. I was doing some research and came across this thread. Owen is not long gone - very much alive, in fact. Offloaded by the Fwinds with his (2nd?) wife Dorothy and sent back to South Africa into "retirement" in 2011. As of 2013 he seemed to still be "with the program" as he and his wife appeared in a pic of an Idle Morgue fundraiser for the Port Elizabeth org. I am doing further research.

Jump

Operating teatime
New user here and just finding my feet. I was doing some research and came across this thread. Owen is not long gone - very much alive, in fact. Offloaded by the Fwinds with his (2nd?) wife Dorothy and sent back to South Africa into "retirement" in 2011. As of 2013 he seemed to still be "with the program" as he and his wife appeared in a pic of an Idle Morgue fundraiser for the Port Elizabeth org. I am doing further research.

:party: Welcome to ESMB.

You're doing great.. we love :love2: :cloud9: research :happydance:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

hey thanks for the update - very appreciated and good to know that the info of his passing was incorrect. I always liked Owen and got on pretty well with him.

Does anyone have any info on his daughter, Jackie Delalez?

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors

I'm new here too, just jumped in after lurking for many years.:hattip:

Owen was off loaded from the Freewinds around 2011. I was told that he has cancer. No suprise that the church tossed him to the curb.

I met him and his wife Dorothy at some fundraiser for the Port Elizabeth Org, he originates from that part of the world and is living out his 'retirement' in a small holiday village on the coast. This was in 2012 and his lips were freshly stained with kool-aid:sad:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
hey thanks for the update - very appreciated and good to know that the info of his passing was incorrect. I always liked Owen and got on pretty well with him.

Does anyone have any info on his daughter, Jackie Delalez?

Jackie & Christian are posted at FLAG in Clearwater.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had a brief discussion with Owen Starkey in the early 90s that I found very helpful. He said the difference between ethics and case is easy to show: case is stuff that is internal (thoughts, emotions etc) but ethics is involved with what you physically DO.

The distinction gets blurred when "had bad thoughts about the Midget" is a crime.

Paul

He said the difference between ethics and case is easy to show: case is stuff that is internal (thoughts, emotions etc) but ethics is involved with what you physically DO.

No verbal tech! :smack::smack::smack:

Now - what LRH really meant is "Case" is anything you do, think, or feel that would stop you from donating all of your money to Scientology, the IAS or Ideal Orgs and/or signing the billion year contract to become a slave for Scientology and the leader" '

Thinking about or leaving Scientology ever is CASE!

Telling anyone about the crimes committed to you by Scientologist's in order to Keep Scientology Working.

Ethics is "anything you do, think or feel that would stop you from donating all of your money to Scientology, the IAS or Ideal Orgs and/or joining staff and signing the Billion year contract

Thinking about or leaving Scientology at any time - deems you an EP (Ethic's Particle)

Telling anyone about the crimes committed to you by Scientologist's in order to Keep Scientology Working.

Telling anyone about the fact that Scientology does not work really - it is based on belief and there is no science - is both case and an ethics sitch.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Owen Starkey is now a broken man living in poverty with his family in a coastal town - just waiting to die. That's what he gets after getting 1000's of people to the Freewinds for the Congress courses (before they were made widely available) and spending some 40 years in servitude He was offloaded and discarded like a piece of trash and sent back to his family in South Africa to die because he can no longer handle the grueling "Sea Org" schedule.

Some cynics will say it is Karma for what he did to enable it all even when he did have knowledge of the dark side.

But I will confess I feel sorry for him.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Owen Starkey is now a broken man living in poverty with his family in a coastal town - just waiting to die. That's what he gets after getting 1000's of people to the Freewinds for the Congress courses (before they were made widely available) and spending some 40 years in servitude He was offloaded and discarded like a piece of trash and sent back to his family in South Africa to die because he can no longer handle the grueling "Sea Org" schedule.

Some cynics will say it is Karma for what he did to enable it all even when he did have knowledge of the dark side.

But I will confess I feel sorry for him.

THANKS!!!

Every now and again I receive news that so and so is in the COS and doing fine. It helps me to see the TRUTH as unpleasant as it is. Owen started NOTS auditor training in '79 and at the time said it was "fucking incredible". Here it is 36 years later and NOTS isn't looking "fucking incredible."

Even if NOTS was incredible, what good is it if you've been tricked into sacrificing all of your time, energy and love into forwarding the warped dreams of LRH. And needing to live off the kindness of relatives in spite of 4 decades of 100 hour work weeks!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Many mixed feelings & memories, simultaneously flooding in. I'll just write it as it comes without any attempt to edit my thoughts or trying to make it politically correct. It is what it is. . .

I knew Owen when we wuz both SO, running around on a ship or whatever. Then, later, he got promoted to "CAPTAIN" Starkey and they awarded him with his very own admiral's costume as a top planet saver in Dr. Hubbard's Salvation Navy.

Owen was a brilliant public speaker and crack sniper in "closing deals". Smart! Funny! Entertaining! Focused! Certain!

Yeah. Very very very very very certain!

And isn't that exactly what all loyal Bridge climbers and sector salvagers most aspired to? That unambiguously dreamy state of "total certainty" where doubts and blinks have been erased from ones effortlessly upward spiraling power dynamics and graphs?

On the other hand, Owen could be an ultra-strict disciplinarian, lowering the doom & gloom & boom of cult "justice" if anyone didn't do what Ron (or he) wanted them to. With the flick of his finger, Owen could banish a SO member to lower conditions on some remote SO vessel where mortifying acts of contrition, endless anchor scraping and confessions of evil would be one's only possible path back to good-standing and, therefore, eternal salvation. We're talkin' eating KookAid right out of the little packets, without even adding water!

Paradoxically (or do I dare say hypocritically), Owen the ethics sermonizer had a wicked "party" streak running in him that could just as easily wind him up drunk at a nighttime SO party, banging a registrar while both were standing up against a backyard fence (that happened, while he was married to Nan during the same time he was dispensing "unreasonable" ethics proclamations and com evs on others by day).

But, he never gave up on his beloved tech and "knowing how to know" even though he didn't know that his trajectory was tragically doomed all along, the inexorable end-of-routing-form for all Sea Org members when they are brutally fitness boarded, kicked out and "beached" when they can't produce a 100 hours of work per week struggling mightily against impossible targets to "Clear the Planet" and other Sisyphean loyal officer buffoonery.

Years after I had left the SO I ran into Owen who was still a "force" around Flag. I was public getting auditing and he was doing whatever they had him doing, but as always walking quite briskly with untold determination wherever he was going. We spotted each other and approached in an oddly friendly but uncomfortable moment. I wasn't quite sure how a hardcore SO member would greet their old "mate" now that I was a full-blown "DB"[SUP]1[/SUP] (having fully blown from the SO) and now committing the unseemly & disgraceful act of showing up for "paid auditing" as a member of the (gasp!) theety-wheetie "public"!

Well, here's the punchline, I suppose. Owen knew we had been friends and co-workers, but he also "knew" that he had to maintain "ethics presence" at all times. He also "knew" that he had to apply the tech to me in some fashion because it was unseemly that he be seen talking to a DB in plain public view in the lobby of Flag. Within a few moments I noticed something very strange indeed. Owen started babbling all kinds of critical statements about all kinds of people and things that we were not even talking about. I was thinking WTF??!! Then suddenly it hit me. I was a "1.1" (ya know, DB who blew) and Owen was using his trusty little TONE SCALE and going 1/2 to 1 tone above me. Antagonism. He wasn't antagonistic towards me but everything out of his mouth was antagonistic (in a ridiculous and irrelevant way) against OTHER things that had nothing to do with our conversation.

I watched him applying the tech to me and said nothing. It was a moment of startling clarity to see how blindly disconnected and "out of com" the masters of communication could be. In Owen's mind, he was "handling" me by bringing me "uptone". He did his duty. And, you can plainly see that it worked, judging by how uptone and theta this post is. LOL

In any case, sorry to hear of Owen's demise at the hands of his own trusted comrades. Sure, it might be "karma" that he doomed so many others to the same fate, but I think it may be much simpler than that when considering this principal:

Scientology generally degrades, ruins or destroys everything within its wake & gravitational influence, even itself.

That's the freight train that I think Owen ran into. Sorry about that old chap. Hey Owen, if you can hear or feel me in this post, let me suggest something, sir. Do a little reading about Scientology and Ron on the internet. It's never too late.

[SUP]1[/SUP] According to Dr. Hubbard, who was both a doctor and nuclear physicist, anyone who left their one-billion year servitude (to the Commodore and his Sea Organization) was a "DB" (Degraded Being). That's precisely what he wrote in his church's "scripture". No exceptions. Despite the horrific wholetrack implications of declaring so many of his Clears and OTs to be "DBs", the Commodore was nonetheless able to successfully discover new technology which enabled his SO to be able to accept and deposit the DBs' DBs (Degraded Beings' Degraded Bucks).

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
I've just seen this thread again now after my previous posts. I am delighted that Owen is still alive. Not sure where I heard that he was departed from his mortal coil - it could well have been disinformation told me while I was still in the Cof S. Not sure.

But yes, the scrapheap is where all Sea Org members end up on. Old age, like childhood, is just a "bank dramatization" and is not to be Q and A'd with. (ahem)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I've just seen this thread again now after my previous posts. I am delighted that Owen is still alive. Not sure where I heard that he was departed from his mortal coil - it could well have been disinformation told me while I was still in the Cof S. Not sure.

But yes, the scrapheap is where all Sea Org members end up on. Old age, like childhood, is just a "bank dramatization" and is not to be Q and A'd with.(ahem)

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yeah, every outpoint is a dramatization--when the person you are r-factoring is lower than you on the org board.

STABLE DATUM: Outpoints never originate from "uplines". They are simply reported by uplines during investigations to determine who on the lower lines is sabotaging the brilliant OT work that people uplines are doing.

Scieno-Scenario: Kults, KSW & Koo-Koo KoolAiders

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
We have an incredible new marketing plan to clear the
planet within 5 years. Our international surveys have
shown that the most admired beings are the professional
athletes. Especially world champions or MVPs in the NBA,
like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird or Lebron James!

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That is amazing!

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
And this part is confidential. Our church is forming our own
NBA team which will used Ron's ethics, tech and admin
technology PLUS OT powers to win the NBA championship
and become the opinion leaders of the world. Then we will
tell everyone that Ron's tech works and hundreds of millions
of people will rush to our Ideal Orgs throwing money at us!

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That is amazing!
Why are you telling me again?

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Because you are being transferred off your
post as Mimeo I/C onto full time training to
become the Scientology's power forward!

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That is amazing!
Wait, did you say I am the power forward?
Because, I'm like 5 feet 7 inches tall. . .

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Having to have height before you can do?

SEA ORG MEMBER
But I will be playing against guys that are
like 7 feet tall! How can I do that?

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Simple. You just need to make it go right.

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That is amazing!
But....um, I am 84 years old.

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
You better stop putting CI on this Command
Intention, you cocksucker.

SEA ORG MEMBER
Sorry about that sir. But really, are they going
to let me take my walker onto the court ?

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Don't worry about that, we'll lobby the NBA
commissioner through Tom Cruise.

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That is amazing!
I didn't know Mr. Cruise was involved.

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Involved? LOL. He's our center!

SEA ORG MEMBER
Wow! That's amazing!
Really? But he's only 5 feet 6 inches.

SEA ORG EXECUTIVE
Height is only a MEST consideration.
Ron says that intention is cause.
Besides, Tom has a lot of jumping experience on
his time track--didn't you see when he was on Oprah?