What's new

Panorama: Review

Terril park

Sponsor
Just finished watching the Panorama special " Secrets of Scientology."

It wasn't as hard hitting as I'd have hoped. I think that was down to BBC and COS

lawyers. For example no mention of DM beating staff. We know the omission of that

wasn't the wish of Mike Rinder or Marty. One reason we know this was happening is that COS put out a video rebutting the program before it aired! Links to follow. Overall though it was the most damaging to COS and Miscavidge programme to ever air. Amy Scobee and Mark and Claire Headly were also interviewed, as was Jason Begue and ..forgot his name.. the actor who was featured in the COS introductory video where it was stated that if you don't do scn you may as well shoot yourself or jump off a bridge! [ Did it really say that???? Wow!]

Claire headly talked of the videos of Tom Cruise in auditing sessions which she saw,

and very definitely stated that Tom would NOT like this material shown around. Amy

told how confessional material re her sex life was put on the net and in thousands of

COS distributed magazines including her neighbours.

It was stressed how long all these execs served the Church and much comment on how they still followed the religion/philosophy.

The most remarkable section was the recording that John Sweeney made of the

confrontation of Mike Rinder by his ex wife, son and daugher and 4 COS execs. This

may not be known about by many here, but when this happened, by chance Mike was on the phone to Sweeney and Sweenery recorded it. The COS members sounded like those locked up in bedlam.

Of course Mike Rinder exposed how DM and COS were following him constantly

3 years ago on the previous Panorama program, and that they were deliberately trying to get Sweeney to react badly.

Mike Rinder gave some unexpurgated quotes of DMs foul language, for example

this means " You suck cock on hollywood boulevard" So much for the "Pope" of

COS! Overall COS was portrayed as the scary weird cult it is.

There was a beautiful pinch test done by Marty on John Sweeney, and further excellent meter demonstration.

Sadly the term Freezone wasn't mentioned, but it was mentioned a few times that there is an independent scientology movement.

bb

The website for our internet Org.
http://www.freewebs.com/techoutsidethecofs/

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snipped

Overall COS was portrayed as the scary weird cult it is.

There was a beautiful pinch test done by Marty on John Sweeney, and further excellent meter demonstration.

Sadly the term Freezone wasn't mentioned, but it was mentioned a few times that there is an independent scientology movement.

You get enough free advertising for the Freezone here, (the very same Freezone that believes in the scary weird stuff that the cofs believes in).

Suck it up.

:happydance:

Veda

Sponsor
I haven't watched this yet.

A while back, Sweeney fell prey to being by played (manipulated) by Scientology version 1; is he now going to fall prey to being played by Scientology version 2?

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
brainwashed Freezoners

oh Terril, when will that brain of yours ever be able to perceive the world again without the filter that was installed all those years ago?
You are actually a nice guy in person, but if I have ever found a better example of the expression:
"You are hitting your head up against a brick wall"
Then it applies to you.
In fact you are for me a constant reminder of what the Cult does to peoples minds.

You could disprove all of this by simply showing us your 'Clear and OT' abilities you have gained thru the 'Tech', but so far you have refused to do so.

Ron Hubbard was a liar and fraudster.
His own son even said that about him.

Three frigging cheers to LRH
Hip Hip:yes:
Hip Hip :no:
Hip Hip :bigcry:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

A while back, Sweeney fell prey to being by played (manipulated) by Scientology version 1; is he now going to fall prey to being played by Scientology version 2?

Worry not Veda ... look at the other threads on Panorama and see for yourself.

:happydance:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

No; he did very well. Mike and Marty got a diminishingly reduced role from what they had expected I suspect.

I'm still not so sure he 'fell into the trap' the first time around :)

I saw it as a 'tone-scale-exercise'

Zinj

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
It was an excellent report.

...and I understood without problems what they said. :ohmy: I wonder about myself...

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I just watched the first segment. At 6:54 there is scary old footage of Hubbard displaying a psychotic evil smile with VERY bad dental issues.
Overall I'm happy with the program so far.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Demand "Secrets... the Director's Cut"

If you thought the programme was good, don't tell us... tell the world! Tell the BBC. Tell the newspapers.

If this seemed less packed with revelations than you wanted, that's only because you already know about so many of the crimes of Scientology. To the general public, it was a major shocker - and it made Scientology's beloved celebrities look like fools and victims. Liabilities rather than assets, now.

So much win.

And thank you Ron... you sowed the seeds of your cult's destruction.

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Re: Programme after Panarama

I watched the BB1 programme, felt really sad after. It was OK, didnt really go into how it destroys families, but did clear up stuff for John Sweeney.

Apparently, there was another programme on later about a family getting away from a Cult (they didnt name the cult but I believe it was Scientology as was posted recently on ESMB) did anyone video this as would like to have seen it, if so, please post it on here :thumbsup: also have been told that a book has been written.

Yeah Terril, he probably should have said

"If you don't want to deal with the labor camps and goofy navy costumes, but still want to indulge in batshit crazy, by cranking up the freakshow to 11 on the dial,

join Bat Shit Crazy Bill Robertson's Galactic Patrol"

It was an excellent documentary,

It displayed a small, but very typical portion of the trail of carnage created by Hubbard's paranoid and controlling cult.

I noticed that everyone who completely dropped Hubbard's mindfuck looked clear eyed and full of life, where as Rinder and Rathbun still had that worn out Scientology look.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I watched the BB1 programme, felt really sad after. It was OK, didnt really go into how it destroys families, but did clear up stuff for John Sweeney.

Apparently, there was another programme on later about a family getting away from a Cult (they didnt name the cult but I believe it was Scientology as was posted recently on ESMB) did anyone video this as would like to have seen it, if so, please post it on here :thumbsup: also have been told that a book has been written.

I watched the "My Story" programme after Panorama.

It was about a woman who left an un-named Christian cult and her recovery. My guess was it was possibly the Plymouth Brethren - it sounded like them, no music, no movies, etc.

But the brainwashing and difficulties (including disconnection) in recovering were awfully similar to "our" cult! :)

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dies hat mir sehr geholfen...
images

Next one please...:whistling: