What's new

Panorama: Secrets of Scientology (Showing BBC1 28th Sept 2010 9pm UK)

Doom

Lurking.
That Promo was just stunning,
they send the Goon squad and they get caught on tape again and again. They weren't even good at being caught.
Now they just look like a bunch of paranoid scumbags (in the eyes of the Public at least).
Then these same public that have seen this will run a mile at the first mention of the word "Scientology".

Before anyone replies saying its policy, I know it is,
but if this is going to stop all future for the CofS it comes across a just blind stupitity. Guess that just about sums up the CofS.

"Only Fools and Madmen"

Popcorn is ordered and I wait with bated breath.

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors
Is he definitely not going to be in it?

I was originally focusing on the trailer and thought that it might just be a show dedicated to the harassment JS was receiving as he tried to investigate them.

From @Type4_PTS post no. 20 in this thread "This time, in a Panorama Special, one of those officials has turned whistleblower to help him reveal the dark secrets of the church"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally posted by Big Farmer

I was originally focusing on the trailer and thought that it might just be a show dedicated to the harassment JS was receiving as he tried to investigate them.

From @Type4_PTS post no. 20 in this thread "This time, in a Panorama Special, one of those officials has turned whistleblower to help him reveal the dark secrets of the church"

Ah ... I see, ta.

:p

Mike Rinder *will* be in it.

Oh, goody.

Thanks Panda.

:happydance:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
david-miscavige.jpg

I really don't like his tie. It almost bothers me.
Oh well.
goth.gif

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Y'all in the UK, don't forget to record this and Youtube it for the rest of us.

Please, pretty please. :prettyplease:

:drama:

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Can't wait. It was shortly after the last one that I blew. I hope this one brings us more UK blows!

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Good to see that the BBC are devoting extra time to this cult. Usually Panorama programmes are only 1/2 hour long. This is advertised at an hour. Oh joy :)

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The tie looks like one of those hypnotic patterns that swirl around and around and make you dizzy.

Yes. But it's also stupid and lame. Seriously, my tie feelings got really upset here (even though I hate fucking ties, most of them anyway). If I saw a dude wearing a tie like that down the street, in a movie, corporation or under any other possible circumstance - I would try to think I imagined that shit just because I hate clowns. Jacket is not trendy either. I am not nattering, I swear (any) God. The map in the background.. never mind.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Mike Rinder *will* be in it.

I'm not expecting much from Mike Rinder. The 'revelations' he has come up with on his blog have been entirely inconsequential, and I doubt he will change his tune. (He's taking care not to incriminate himself for his own role in all those years of abuses.) He is also compromised by his desire to take over the ruins of CofS as some kind of going concern, rather than ending it outright.

Also, the things that former victims of Scientology report don't necessarily come across as sensational to Joe Public. Too much alphabet soup, too much clamspeak and too little relevance to mainstream life. In the real world, a "squirrel" is a nice thing...

I doubt that the BBC programme will make very extensive use of Rinder, therefore.

I guess we'll see in twelve days. After that, Rinder loses his "BBC has exclusivity" excuse, and can spill some decent beans. "Put up or shut up."

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Sweeney says...

From some website where John Sweeney wrote re: The Psych Museum of Terror...

Sickening, nasty and wholly unconvincing - modern psychiatry, for all its faults, is not Nazi and to press the point in the way that Scientology does devalues the horror of the Holocaust.
Wow! That is big.

Scn devaluing the holocaust.

What will they think of next?

Now to me this is more of a brain bullet than a foot bullet.

Rd00