What's new

Panorama: Secrets of Scientology (Showing BBC1 28th Sept 2010 9pm UK)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm not expecting much from Mike Rinder. The 'revelations' he has come up with on his blog have been entirely inconsequential, and I doubt he will change his tune.

According to reports on this board after the TV show he did recently in Australia he said *much* more than what was aired, but the great majority was edited out. I'm hoping that the same thing does not happen here. I'm certain that John Sweeney is quite motivated to deliver a good show exposing the CoS but ultimately there is a legal department I'm sure that has a strong say as to what gets aired (or not).

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
According to reports on this board after the TV show he did recently in Australia he said *much* more than what was aired, but the great majority was edited out. I'm hoping that the same thing does not happen here. I'm certain that John Sweeney is quite motivated to deliver a good show exposing the CoS but ultimately there is a legal department I'm sure that has a strong say as to what gets aired (or not).

Mike Rinder is not limited in expressing his views and conveying his information by what *any* TV show is willing to broadcast.

If he had something to say, he could say it. Here, there and everywhere and, according to him, he's got enough information to put David Miscavige in jail. So, if he's not revealing it, don't blame Panorama or Today/Tonight. It's because he *chooses* not to reveal it.

Zinj

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So, if he's not revealing it, don't blame Panorama or Today/Tonight. It's because he *chooses* not to reveal it.

Yes, I agree 100% with this.

And I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment because I can understand that he might want to give BBC an exclusive on some things, as they do have the ability to get out the information in a very big way.
But if they choose to edit his words then he can say whatever he chooses publicly on the internet and elsewhere. He can take take a full page ad in the NY Times. And if he says where the bodies are buried I imagine that there are many of us who will help get that information out there. :coolwink:

Last edited:

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes, I agree 100% with this.

And I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment because I can understand that he might want to give BBC an exclusive on some things, as they do have the ability to get out the information in a very big way.
But if they choose to edit his words then he can say whatever he chooses publicly on the internet and elsewhere. He take take a full page ad in the NY Times. And if he saying where the bodies are buried I imagine that there are many of us who will help get that information out there. :coolwink:

Yes it would be great if this BBC reportage would be the beginning of the end of this Mafia like organization.
Here is some great musik which would fit so very well to such an event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fI-dGWT74

Best
Markus

TG1

Angelic Poster
Interesting development is that over on Marty's blog Richard Behar has made an appearance, commenting on the upcoming BBC Panorama program to air September 28 and chatting with Marty and Mike, at http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/bbc-one-panorama-finally/.

Behar is the Time magazine reporter who wrote the famous 1991 cover story, "Scientology: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power" at http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html. He was subjected by OSA and the church to extreme harassment for many years thereafter.

It's interesting how the passage of time can produce strange bedfellows. I bet any exes or indies who were in the cult 19 years ago, who likely refused to read the article then, would read it on the newsstand today and believe every word.

(I was one of those folks.)

What a difference perspective makes.

TG1

namaste

That Promo was just stunning,
they send the Goon squad and they get caught on tape again and again. They weren't even good at being caught.
Now they just look like a bunch of paranoid scumbags (in the eyes of the Public at least).
Then these same public that have seen this will run a mile at the first mention of the word "Scientology".

Before anyone replies saying its policy, I know it is,
but if this is going to stop all future for the CofS it comes across a just blind stupitity. . .
snip. . .

This is a very popular Scientology technique I like to call, "doing the same thing and expecting different results".

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Interesting development is that over on Marty's blog Richard Behar has made an appearance, commenting on the upcoming BBC Panorama program to air September 28 and chatting with Marty and Mike, at http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/bbc-one-panorama-finally/.

Thanks for the info. I did check out this thread and there were some interesting things that came out in the exchange between Richard Behar and the others. One of them being that he *might* eventually do a book on scientology! :happydance:

By the way, here's his website:
http://www.richardbehar.com/

Behar is the Time magazine reporter who wrote the famous 1991 cover story, "Scientology: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power" at http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html. He was subjected by OSA and the church to extreme harassment for many years thereafter.

It's interesting how the passage of time can produce strange bedfellows. I bet any exes or indies who were in the cult 19 years ago, who likely refused to read the article then, would read it on the newsstand today and believe every word.

(I was one of those folks.)

What a difference perspective makes.

TG1

Safety in numbers. So many out there who have old scores to settle with the cult. Payback time.

Wisened One

Crusader
:wow: This post is interesting from Mike Rinder (on Mary's blog in the comments). Fills in some holes for me! :yes:

mrinder | September 16, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply

Dr Faust,

Tommy Davis spent months under house arrest at the FLB on MEST work and being sec checked by Jessica (his future bride) after he BLEW in the middle of the BBC program “handling.” He had made a string of horrific blunders, but the worst was to inform John Sweeney that he reported directly to Miscavige (which he did, hourly — no “minutely”) which then put Miscavige in the position of actually knowing about the program and thus “avoiding” being interviewed rather than claiming it was so unimportant it never reached his lines.

I had been taken out of the Hole by Miscavige to “lick Tommy’s asshole” (effectively be his gofer and report to Miscavige what he was doing). I was not to say or do anything other than be present and get Tommy coffee or pick lint off his Hugo Boss suits. Then Tommy screwed up for the last time and he took off. He drove his BMW M6 to Vegas where he holed up in the Wynn Hotel. I was left to “deal with” the BBC and was despatched to London forthwith.

I spent weeks there trying to deal with the allegations that Miscavige was (in the words of John Sweeney) “the thumping Pope of Scientology”. I did everything I could to keep that claim out of the program. After the show aired, I was relieved as Miscavige was hardly mentioned. Miscavige of course then went on a tirade about how I had failed to handle it and “if he had been there, the show never would have aired.” I was ordered to report to St Hill to dig ditches, never to return to the US (that was Dear Leader’s country).

I walked out the door of Fitzroy Street (the early site of HASI London, now preserved as an LRH museum) and instead of getting the train to East Grinstead I went to Leicester Square and have not looked back since.

I am quite certain this program WILL mention Miscavige….

Antagone

Patron
Keep in mind that Panorama is a highly respected current affairs programme in the UK and that an hour-long special will definitely attract attention and reviews in the press the day after. Best of all, it will be watched and read about by people from the higher socio-economic groups CoS would dearly love to attract through the doors.

Sharone Stainforth

Originally posted by Snuffy;
It wasn't the main reason, but it contributed to my general mood and gave me one more reason to continue questioning what I was doing belonging to that group.

Whatever the reasons, I'm glad you found reasons to question why? I hope you are continuing to do well.If Panorama helped you to question, then John Sweeney is doing a good job.

Best,
Sharone

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
Keep in mind that Panorama is a highly respected current affairs programme in the UK and that an hour-long special will definitely attract attention and reviews in the press the day after. Best of all, it will be watched and read about by people from the higher socio-economic groups CoS would dearly love to attract through the doors.

Even MORE so, now theres a flier or 2 to go with this.
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/308-finished-projects/panorama-flier-71761/new/

Sharone Stainforth

Thanks for posting Blubells fliers UKAnony. They are fantastic!

Also, great videos 'Get Becky out', very glad she is out also.

Don't suppose there's any chance of getting John Travolta to do a mail drop in one of his planes. I'll even wear my Volunteers T-shirt.:D and maybe even a hat.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If we could get a thousand journalists' like JS to investigate the church over the span of a year, would that break their budget on hiring PI's?

Would it make a significant dent financialy?

If that doesn't do it, how about....

1,000 IRS Agents all auditing Scientology, just like the OT VII's who were all auditing with Scientology and able to bring down the Berlin Wall?

That might bring down another Wall (of Fire).

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
If that doesn't do it, how about....

1,000 IRS Agents all auditing Scientology, just like the OT VII's who were all auditing with Scientology and able to bring down the Berlin Wall?

That might bring down another Wall (of Fire).

Subscribed. Since them Berlin Wall amazing OT VII's failed to prevent 9/11 and few other things, 1,000 IRS Agents auditing "CoS" sounds only fair.