What's new

Parent gets daughter out of Scientology.. he thought.. it was an OSA op

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Many here may remember Tony Leigh, a parent of a Scientologist in Manchester, England wanting to get his daughter out. He had posted a number of videos talking about his efforts to free his daughter who at the time, was engaged to be married to a Scientologist. Tony was led to believe that his daughter left the cult and she instructed him to stop posting videos critical of the cult & to stop attending protests of the cult. He, out of his love for his daughter, chose to follow those instructions.

I had many conversations with Tony about this & professed it sounded like an OSA op to handle him & his wife. Tony stopped posting videos & commenting on the boards, ESMB & WWP. I presumed that Tony, his wife Sue, and daughter Becky had re-established ties and moved on with their lives.

Now comes word that Becky's professing to leave the cult was indeed an OSA op to handle & shut Tony up. This is so heart-breaking to Tony & his wife who clearly loves their daughter & is concerned for her welfare.

[video=youtube;C0GyWsuIgjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C0GyWsuIgjE[/video]

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?19365-news-from-Tony-and-Sue

[video=youtube;IhbfIll_s-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhbfIll_s-w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Many here may remember Tony Leigh, a parent of a Scientologist in Manchester, England wanting to get his daughter out. He had posted a number of videos talking about his efforts to free his daughter who at the time, was engaged to be married to a Scientologist. Tony was led to believe that his daughter left the cult and she instructed him to stop posting videos critical of the cult & to stop attending protests of the cult. He, out of his love for his daughter, chose to follow those instructions.

I had many conversations with Tony about this & professed it sounded like an OSA op to handle him & his wife. Tony stopped posting videos & commenting on the boards, ESMB & WWP. I presumed that Tony, his wife Sue, and daughter Becky had re-established ties and moved on with their lives.

Now comes word that Becky's professing to leave the cult was indeed an OSA op to handle & shut Tony up. This is so heart-breaking to Tony & his wife who clearly loves their daughter & is concerned for her welfare.

[video=youtube;C0GyWsuIgjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C0GyWsuIgjE[/video]

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?19365-news-from-Tony-and-Sue

[video=youtube;IhbfIll_s-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhbfIll_s-w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I 've seen all of Tony's videos back then, and after I watched the 2nd one you posted for the 1st time, I had the feeling "Something's not right. This guy seems broken." Since there was nothing I could do anyway, I left it at that. To now see that I was basically right, makes me very sad. My heart goes out to Tony and Sue, and to Becky well.

One word to the parents: It's not over yet, you may have lost a long battle, but you haven't lost the war, so please don't give up and don't stop fighting.

Oh, and don't believe anything the cult tells ya .

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
I 've seen all of Tony's videos back then, and after I watched the 2nd one you posted for the 1st time, I had the feeling "Something's not right. This guy seems broken." Since there was nothing I could do anyway, I left it at that. To now see that I was basically right, makes me very sad. My heart goes out to Tony and Sue, and to Becky well.

One word to the parents: It's not over yet, you may have lost a long battle, but you haven't lost the war, so please don't give up and don't stop fighting.

Oh, and don't believe anything the cult tells ya .

As seems to be the case most often, his daughter's going to have to make the move out of the cult ON HER OWN.

We can only wish that she will make the exit move in the not too distant future. My heart goes out to he and his.

:sad:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
An OSA op in which it's alleged that someone wants to leave the cult. Wow. They've (the cult) really sunk to a new low. Just when I thought I'd seen or heard of it all...that sucks.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
An OSA op in which it's alleged that someone wants to leave the cult. Wow. They've (the cult) really sunk to a new low. Just when I thought I'd seen or heard of it all...that sucks.

Tony was upset with me when I told him he couldn't trust his daughter, especially after she told him he needed to stop making videos criticizing the cult, that he was, obviously, being handled. Tony was instrumental in helping a distraught mother get in touch with the media & re-establishing contact with her daughter who was in a relationship with Scientologist singer Anton Lorien.

[video=youtube;dk5uwz2FBoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk5uwz2FBoA[/video]

Anton had personally visited the mother at her home & threatened her with disconnection from her daughter, if the mother did not stop criticizing the cult. Tony is a good man and does not deserve this torment.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Tony is back.. still fighting for his daughter..

[video=youtube;WOFtfSb81YE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOFtfSb81YE[/video]

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
Thanks for posting this Smurfy. I watched many of Tonys videos back in the day and wondered what happened to him and his family.
Now we know he was put through the usual OSA lies and dirty tricks.

Do you think that after his last video in front of the org with his car covered with anti-scion signs that he will be prevented from going to his daughters wedding?

The poor man. You can hear his heart breaking.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You can never trust a Scientologist!

Tony Leigh's daughter IS being held against her will by the Cult of Scientology - she is now in the HOLE! That is why she demanded he make the video - to make her "HOLE" time shorter and less abusive. Believe me - the Church of Scientology has forced Becky Leigh to do this "OR ELSE"!!

Time for Tony Leigh and Sue Leigh to UP the video production!! They need to take off that last video - it makes me sick to hear him. This is extortion from the cult of Scientology!!

Tony and Sue - please up your stats - 20X your previous stats! Looks like we found a "button" - the cult's beloved and worshipped PR! Blast the cult with videos! They can't stand it when we are winning and they are losing! The video's do irreparable damage to the "church" of Scientology! The TRUTH will set your daughter free!!

My opinion ^here - but I am certain of my certainty!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish Ortega would write about this.

My parents followed a kind of well crafted good roads, fair weather kind of attitude about my involvement, somehow knowing that direct antagonism could cause disconnection.

Well, they won in the end....32 years later. :omg:

I want Tony to win this war in less time than 32 years.

Go Tony!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
You can never trust a Scientologist!

Tony Leigh's daughter IS being held against her will by the Cult of Scientology - she is now in the HOLE! That is why she demanded he make the video - to make her "HOLE" time shorter and less abusive. Believe me - the Church of Scientology has forced Becky Leigh to do this "OR ELSE"!!

LOL. Please take your meds. Becky Thurston is Tony's stepdaughter & she's engaged to fellow Scientologist David Fryer who has his own management company in Yorkshire. They are publics.

170_568475031318_4597_n.jpg

They tried to get the OK to build a bio-food/organic farm & visitor's center on farmland in Cheshire this year, but it was denied.

http://moderngov.cheshireeast.gov.uk/ecminutes/mgIssueHistoryHome.aspx?IId=23513

AnonKat

Crusader
LOL. Please take your meds. Becky Thurston is Tony's stepdaughter & she's engaged to fellow Scientologist David Fryer who has his own management company in Yorkshire. They are publics.

They tried to get the OK to build a bio-food/organic farm & visitor's center on farmland in Cheshire this year, but it was denied.

http://moderngov.cheshireeast.gov.uk/ecminutes/mgIssueHistoryHome.aspx?IId=23513

so I am on crack and he needs to take his meds

cant you see that what you say about people to neutralize them or invalidate them still are Church of Scientology and OSA tactics

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
so I am on crack and he needs to take his meds. cant you see that what you say about people to neutralize them or invalidate them still are Church of Scientology and OSA tactics

LOL.. You're entitled to your opinion. :hysterical:

AnonKat

Crusader
LOL.. You're entitled to your opinion. :hysterical:

Well have you ever considered that you still weeve things in your arguments that Hubbard put deep in your subconsciounce (reactive mind). i went of on you but now I know why, You are a sweet guy, and I am too but we both go into old paterns when we get mad or such.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Good news they are out - but why the thread to begin with? Did you just discover that they got out for real? I say - Tony needs to still post a ton of videos - fuck Scientology!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Good news they are out - but why the thread to begin with? Did you just discover that they got out for real?

Read the OP again.. "Now comes word that Becky's professing to leave the cult was indeed an OSA op to handle & shut Tony up."

Possibly she really tried to leave earlier...but got pulled back in. Kind of like a drug relapse. Takes an average of 7 relapses to kick a drug habit...I've been told.

Maybe she did just allow herself to used to manipulate her parents to "shut up" with the criticism...SOP with the Cult of COS. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in between and around both aspects of this. Either way...family disconnection sucks and is one of the WORST aspects of Cult life! :yes:

Glad to see that Tony is back out protesting and putting up vids about it, and especially that he is now accurately calling COS the CULT that it is!

Good on you Tony! :clap: Keep your chin up! :thumbsup:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Its very tricky when a previously 'disconnected' (officially or unofficially) scientologist suddenly starts 'talking' again ... unless they are definitely out of the cult or seem to be on the way out.

I'm currently in that position myself and am fully aware I may be being 'OSA handled' ... it's hard because though very happy to be back in touch my trust with this person is at an all time low and I'm just not so willing to walk on eggshells these days and can only take so much 'fine roads fine weather' ... in some ways staying cut off (disconnected) is a lot less stressful as relationships like these are not worth having as its all about manipulation and that's not a nice thing to feel especially when its your own child.

:unsure:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wish Ortega would write about this.

My parents followed a kind of well crafted good roads, fair weather kind of attitude about my involvement, somehow knowing that direct antagonism could cause disconnection.

Well, they won in the end....32 years later. :omg:

I want Tony to win this war in less time than 32 years.

Go Tony!

My friends went for the jugular and got their (SO) daughter out of the cult within 2 years. They probably broke the law (kidnapping?) but they saved her life or 20 years of it.

Scientologists are not nice people. They are cowards and bullies as well as liars. It doesn't pay to treat them nicely. :grouch:

GO FOR IT, TONY! You have nothing to lose and much to win.