What's new

Parsons, Crowley, Hubbard

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
On the night of March 2 1946, he returned, and described a vision he [Hubbard] had had that evening, of a savage and beautiful woman riding naked on a great cat-like beast.

He was impressed with the urgent necessity of giving me some message or communication.

We prepared magically for this communication, constructing a temple at the altar with the analysis of the key word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxPnucieJU

He was robed in white, carrying a lamp;

and I in black, hooded, with the cup and dagger.

At his suggestion we played Rachmaninov's Isle of the Dead as background music, and set an automatic recorder to transcribe audible occurrences.

At approximately 8 am he began to dictate, I transcribing directly as I received.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/index.htm

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You should be wearing a broad rimmed black hat on your head and holding a bottle of Sandeman's in your right hand over your heart.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Explorer 1

You can't even get the historical details right.
DoxVgfo

The Explorer mission followed the first two Earth satellites the previous year, the Soviet Union's Sputnik 1 and 2, beginning the Cold War Space Race between the two nations.

Explorer 1 was launched on January 31, 1958: Sputnik 1 on October 4, 1957.

So much for "leading" the spacerace.

:bs:

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Parsons

His mysterious death in an explosion in 1952 left many wondering whether Parsons was a victim of murder or suicide--or simply of an accident at his own momentarily careless hands.

GAHHHHH! there is nothing "mysterious" about Parson's death ! He was killed experimenting with Mercury Oxides to develope high speed photography. The stuff is very unstable and any static would have set it off !

2> JATO can be traced back to the 1920 & the Me 163 was a rocket propelled craft designed by the Nazi's, so much for Parson's "development"

3> there is no "dark side" of the moon !
A Piece of Blue Sky should have refered to the FAR side of the moon.
darkside in the area in shadow as viewed from the Earth, farside is the area that remains facing away due to rotation of moon matching its orbit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon

:kangaroo:

Last edited:

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
Funny how no other account mentions Hubbards special assignment with the L A Police Force in which he was undercover and rid America of black magic. That was the story I had heard while in. I also saw a reproduction of the police badge he supposedly received, this copy was to go in the Phoenix residence the cult bought back in 01 or so.

I'm sure the badge was a fake or that there was some other story behind it. It seems too easy to disprove his LAPD association but can't find anything on this.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Funny how no other account mentions Hubbards special assignment with the L A Police Force in which he was undercover and rid America of black magic. That was the story I had heard while in. I also saw a reproduction of the police badge he supposedly received, this copy was to go in the Phoenix residence the cult bought back in 01 or so.

I'm sure the badge was a fake or that there was some other story behind it. It seems too easy to disprove his LAPD association but can't find anything on this.

Yeah! That's right!

I want MOAR!

Anyone know anything? Veda? Jachss99? Anybody?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
You should be wearing a broad rimmed black hat on your head and holding a bottle of Sandeman's in your right hand over your heart.

Sandeman-s-Ruby-Port-NV.4_1_a.wine_605827_detail.jpeg

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
And you have first hand knowledge of this because......? Re: the Sex Magick, his involvement was recorded in the notes taken during the "Babalon Working" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalon_Working) and Parson's Liber 49: http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib49.htm

Re the moonchild ceremony.. I searched for anyone else who ever admitted doing this one and i found one reference in a book by Peter Lavenda, < a great series BTW, describing the moon child ceremony conducted by the man who wrote the last chapter on Mein Kampf for Hitler, about International relations... I have forgotten the name and that book is not with me at this moment.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Timeline

This article from a UFO website has really pissed me off, with it's psuedoscientific misrepresentation of Hubbard's importance. :pcpunch:

LRH met Parons in Aug 45 and within a year he had stolen $$$ (30,000) and Sara Northrup from him. This is the extent of LRH "involvement" in the space program.

Also the Explorer 1 used multistaged liquid fuel as developed by Wernher Von Braun corrabualting with 100's of (german) scientist. Parsons died in 52 so how could he have "influenced" a rocket developed in 1958 ???

Veda

Sponsor

My guess is that someone in Scientology came across an old LA police ID card Hubbard had obtained in the late 1940s. As I recall, it's not a regular police ID, but something that would be given to someone on the level of a security guard. This seems to be from around the time that Hubbard was writing to the Veteran's Administration complaining that he can't work because of depression, yet also explaining that he can't come in for therapy due to his being involved in some theater group, etc. In other words, Hubbard was requesting free pills from the V.A. I suspect that this card was obtained in a moment of desperation - L. Ron the security guard - or as part of some scheme by Hubbard that never came to fruition. Hubbard, years later, did mention his brief involvement with the LA police in a lecture with the usual fabrication and embellishment. So who knows?

I also heard the story that Hubbard was sent in, by the LA Police, to break up a black magic group, etc. However, that story makes very little sense. It appear to be a variation of the original story, concocted by Hubbard in 1969, after the appearance of a 'Times of London' article on Hubbard's involvement with Magic(k)& Jack Parsons, in Pasadena, in 1946.

The 1969 'Times of London' article, and Scientology's response:

http://blacklies.xenu.ca/archives/19

The story invented by Hubbard is presented again in 1971, in slightly edited form, by Scientology Public Relations person David Gaiman, in response to a series of questions from Paulette Cooper (at the very end):

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/tsos/sos-app.html

And then there's this, from a 1990 'Los Angeles Times' series on Scientology.

"In later years... Hubbard insisted that he had been working undercover for Naval Intelligence to break up black magic in America...

"But Parsons' widow, Cameron, disputed Hubbard's account in a brief interview with the 'Times'. She said the two men "liked each other very much," and "felt they were ushering in a force that was going to change things..."

See 'Part One':

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/books/la-times-series.pdf

P.S. the top link - 'Times of London' articles - is currently down, so I'll leave it to anyone who's curious to find the material. Hubbard, Crowley, Times of London should bring it up. OK. Now, the link is working again. Now that I'm typing this, I'll add my recommendation against diving into the bottomless pit of conspiracy theories on the Net. Just as there are non-Scientologists who believe that Hubbard's' hoax "Russian Textbook" of 1955 is authentic, there are some people who have bought into Hubbard's PR damage control story of his being a high level secret agent. One that comes to mind is a thick paper by the Lyndon LaRouche people -from the 1970s - that treats Hubbard's "I was a secret agent for the U.S. Government" story, not as PR damage control, but as an aha! moment, a revelation. To the LaRouche people, this was "proof" that Hubbard was part of MK-Ultra, etc. The LaRouchites regarded Hubbard, Crowley, and even the Beatles as agents of MK-Ultra, etc., and their analysis goes on and on.

And that's just one example of this sort of thing.

And no, the paper from the LaRouchites, as far I know, is not available on the Net.

Last edited:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors

Finding the Road to Self-Respect LAPD 2484
http://legacyimgs.lronhubbard.org/human/respect4.htm

Affidavit of Donald Keir
My name is DONALD KEIR. I am a qualified expert in lifting, comparing and analyzing fingerprints and have been employed in such work for thirteen (13) years. I am currently employed as a Latent Print Expert with the Los Angeles Police Department, Scientific Investigations Division. . "Los Angeles Special Officer Certificate " with date "1-7-48" and "Badge Number 2484" issued in the name "Lafayette Ronald Hubbard".
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/related/4113.php

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
For those curious (as I was obviously) on the discrepancy between 'dark side' and 'far side' of the MOON (wiki link)

:alien2:

Very interesting! Here, i was always going by the LRH "truth" that the moon was not spherical and that it was dug out in the back. I don't remember which stupid "Basics" lecture it was, but he did state something to that effect. Space Opera my ass!! What a BSer.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Occam's razor

By drawing a pentagram and conjuring Beelzebub or something arcane - get with it man! :coolwink:

Occam's razor is a principle that generally recommends, when faced with competing hypotheses that are equal in other respects, select the one that makes the fewest assumptions.

The reasoning that conspiracy theorist are blowing smoke up their ass is more likely.

Lure Rob & Hyde

Patron with Honors
While I have commented on this subject before and drawn the ire of many who want to believe the worst of LRH, it's cathartic for them to do so. LRH continued working for Naval Intelligence related agencies in civilian life as many in military intel do.

Because of Parson's security clearance LRH was probably not the only "asset" assigned to "take notes." There is no evidence LRH practiced "sex magick" or other occult practices.

As I said before LRH became "rogue" when he refused to let CIA (OSS) use his discoveries in dianetics etc... for spook training. :coolwink:

Oh now let's see " LRH became a rogue when bla bla bla...
Why are you still revering that flim flam bullshit artist who suckered anyone in that he could.
The fat guy blubbard stole basic ideas and theories from Korziblski,from Joseph Breuer's case of Ann O and many many others.
The scum then writes a convoluted book called Dianetics with the huge help of Doctor Joe Winters and Campbell his editor for Sci FI and finds out he has the best con going cause so many people want to believe he can help them when he really is a dismal failure.
Anyone ever really close to him got disposed of or maligned by him as SPs or some other convenient label to aggrandize himself further and avoid being found out for the greedy fat fuckin pig he was.
Look at what happened to all his wives and unlucky children to have that windbag for a father.

Hubbard was the scum of the 20th Century so stop the bullshit.

Quote "Hubbard's aim was to keep his followers in the dark like mushrooms and feed them bullshit "

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
In 1936, California Institute of Technology (Caltech) student Frank Malina, mechanic Ed Forman, and chemist Jack Parsons executed the first successful rocket experiment in JPL's history. These men, known as the "Rocket Boys," along with the help of Caltech professor and aerodynamicist Theodore von Karman, founded JPL.
So, I think we can safely assume that L. Ron Hubbard wasn't exactly a rocket scientist. :)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

The badge? Hell, the man Mo ron Hubbard was a fake!