What's new

Part 2 -How many people went Type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I was just watching Episode 24 of 'Life After Scientology', with Ron Miscavige interviewing Karen de la Carriere ( on Sept 9th, 2018). Karen, who trained under LRH and became a Class XII auditor had this to say about OT VIII (go to 51:17 of video):

"I personally know of 14 people that had full blown mental breakdowns (known in our lingo - Type III). Full blown mental breakdown - institutional level, after doing OT VIII"

KitchenWitch

One public at my org killed herself. :( I remember that in the months leading up to it, her complaints were seen as a total "flap" that needed to be covered up by HCO -- every time I heard it mentioned, it wasn't, "How can we help her?" it was, "How can we distance ourselves from her, and 'handle' her and convince her to walk back her statements?" There was such a lack of empathy, even in the wake of her death, when the biggest goal was to prevent her family from making a big memorial for her, so that her death would pass by as quietly as possible. Initially I could hardly stand it, especially because she had been on services for a very long time, and was higher up the Bridge than I was (wasn't she therefore inherently saner, I thought?). I knew her and we'd always been very friendly when we ran into each other, having our lunches together, getting coffee together, that sort of thing.

Recently I learned that she had been dropping abundant hints that she was going to kill herself -- but no one sought help for her (real help, not just reporting her to Ethics lines -- UGH). I wonder if things really still would have gone the way they did if people had chosen to help rather than disconnect. I wish I'd known about her troubles, but I wonder what I really would have done when I was in the midst of the brainwashing -- I probably would have been too afraid of HCO myself to have gotten involved.

So tragic.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: How many people went type III in your org?

On the list of those in Scn who went Psychotic: David Voorhies is written to have been " injected" with Thorazine.
I was asked to "dose" him with Thorazine, not to "shoot him up" with it.
AFAIK, Thorazine is administed in Pill, tablet, or Capsule form. I have never actually seen any Thorazine myself, but I don't think it is administered by injection.
It can be administered by injection but oral is usual

Horrible drug; "a lobotomy in a bottle"

FCDC grew to Saint Hill size in '72-'74. Overflowing Academy and HGC scheduling up to fifty paid 12 1/2 intensives on a weekend.

There were some mildly flaky people on staff and my first public PC was one bonafide off the wall whacked out nut

But...

No.

Nobody went nuts in the nearly two years I was there

Leland

Crusader
I think I was dosed with Thorazine by the cult....

Sometime around Summer of 2000.

It felt like I was trying to walk through mud.....

Incredible hammer down on my mind....

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I was dosed with Thorazine by the cult....

Sometime around Summer of 2000.

It felt like I was trying to walk through mud.....

Incredible hammer down on my mind....
Really?

Very wacky things do appear to happen in CoS

This is antithetical to the proper conduct of auditing as are the majority of things of which people complain

Leland

Crusader
Yea, I had a lot of really crazy stuff between the Cult and Cult persons and myself happen right before I left for good.

This coincided with my being requested to pay for an Emeter Course GAT 1 style.......even though I was on Level O of the SHSBC.

(the Emeter Course is basically on the SHSBC and is one of the Levels one does.)

This also coincided with a small inheritance I received from my Father's Estate as he had passed away of $30,000....which I refused to give any monies from to the Cult.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yea, I had a lot of really crazy stuff between the Cult and Cult persons and myself happen right before I left for good.

This coincided with my being requested to pay for an Emeter Course GAT 1 style.......even though I was on Level O of the SHSBC.

(the Emeter Course is basically on the SHSBC and is one of the Levels one does.)

This also coincided with a small inheritance I received from my Father's Estate as he had passed away of $30,000....which I refused to give any monies from to the Cult.
O my, my!

Refused to give $$$$ to The Only People With THE Answers to TRILLIONS of Years of Psychiatric Implants?

Oh! Ooooh!

How could you possibly do such a degraded thing?

Taking a crowbar to disconnect my tongue from my cheek...

I do tend to doubt you dosed with thorazine. Did you suffer muscle spasms? These usually occur unless cogentin is also administered.

What you briefly describe is a common psychological response to brutal overbearing horsecrap such as was laid on you

Things were generally much better when I was in but even then I harbored such reservations I could not honestly promote the study.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was drugged with something. For sure.
Sounds like perhaps barbituates.

But although someone in CoS would be a suspect so too would be an antiscilon.

And as CoS is obviously infiltrated (and always has been) an antiscilon in CoS would be a suspect

Leland

Crusader
Sounds like perhaps barbituates.

But although someone in CoS would be a suspect so too would be an antiscilon.

And as CoS is obviously infiltrated (and always has been) an antiscilon in CoS would be a suspect
Thanks for the suggestions...but no, not a barbituate. I was familiar with ludes.

And it didn't happen in an Org...

Happened on the way to work for a Company owned by a several OT 8s....

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oooooo...

Would you tell us a little bit about a company run by a bunch of OTVIII's?

Without violating confidences of former friends and colleagues of course

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hunh?

Don't know why my last post struck your funny bone Leland but I myself have "Stories From Inside" which I just won't tell for reasons over common honor

Leland

Crusader
The laughter was for your beginning: Ooooo

Like I want to hear this juicy gossip.

No big deal. Just thought it was funny.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The laughter was for your beginning: Ooooo

Like I want to hear this juicy gossip.

No big deal. Just thought it was funny.
I'm not into gossip but I would like to know if a bunch of OTVIII's were producing a valuable product for a sensible price.

Which, if so, would surprise me.