What's new

Pasadena Ideal Org Infiltration by AGP - Remastered in HD

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Fascinating book reference, thanks! I read several other summaries of it to get the gist of what happened when those 3 men believing themselves to be Jesus were purposely brought together to see what the effect would be on their delusion.

The_Three_Christs_of_Ypsilanti_1964_Cover.png

If I was still in my writing mode, this would be rich material to mine and adapt for a stage play loosely based on that curious event and the subject of delusion.

There was such a brilliant film about delusion and mental illness in the last couple years, "Silver Linings Playbook", adapted from a novel of the same name. One of the beautiful things about the characters that populate that world is that, they all seem normal except the protagonist who is just be released from a mental institution, under heavy medication and questionable guardianship of his parents who are signing him out before the doctors recommend.

But as the story begins to weave, more than just one person has peculiar quirks, superstitions and "delusions". I won't spoil it in case anyone hasn't seen the movie yet. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FILM!

How strange. I live in Ypsilanti. And no, I wasn't one of the three Christs. LOL

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

How strange. I live in Ypsilanti. And no, I wasn't one of the three Christs. LOL

:hysterical: :hysterical:

You are very fortunate to not be one of the 3 Christs! I am guessing that there may be a particularly stressful factor that causes so many people in your city to go nuts, 3 at a time--because of the BPC that is caused by using a name which begins with 3 consonants.

HELPFUL TIP: Start a local petition to change the name of Ypsilanti to something more uptone and winning like....YIPPEE!silanti

:hattip:

JustSheila

Crusader
Here are your clears
When the church has fallen, the leader gone, and all the moneys locked away, stashed away, wasted away, lost.
When the guiding hand, the ruling hand, the hand raised in tone 40 indication of command has ceased to be.
When all is lost in that state of confusion brought about by the, quite apparent, lack of leadership.
Then shall pour forth all the promised clears, The Sea Org cast adrift.
Five Thousand children dumped into a preconceived Don Quixotic world of base debauchery.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of home and hearth.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of family ties, health care and proper nourishment.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of higher education and any need thereof.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of all purpose in life, with their church in ruin and the evil world outside left to spiral down into its lost decay.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of their only chance of breaking all the bonds keeping them from promised eternity.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any other view of life that might exist beyond the only knowledge they were allowed to know.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children left out on the streets in dazed confusion of where to go from here.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of all belief that any good may be found in a world away from that protective bubble that has burst.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any idea that they might find mercy in that world that waits outside.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any understanding of the love within the hearts of those beyond their walls.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of understanding finally that their promise of eternity is only now beginning to come true.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children free at last to have that chance, that all deserve, for a clearer understanding of the nature of the world they live in now.

You certainly write like an angel, George Layton. Nice.

A Japanese Soldier Who Continued Fighting WWII 29 Years After the Japanese Surrendered, Because He Didn’t Know
DAVEN HISKEY178

Today I found out about a Japanese soldier who continued fighting World War II a full 29 years after the Japanese surrendered, because he didn’t know the war was over.Hiroo Onoda is a Japanese citizen that originally worked at a Chinese trading company. When he was 20 years old, he was called to join the Japanese army. He promptly quit his job and headed off to training in Japan. At a certain point in his training, he was chosen to be trained at Nakano School as an Imperial Army Intelligence Officer. In this specialized military intelligence training, he was specifically taught methods of gathering intelligence and how to conduct guerrilla warfare. He was being groomed to go in behind enemy lines and be left with small pockets of soldiers to make life miserable for Japan’s enemies and gather intelligence in the process.

On December 26th, 1944, Onoda was sent to Lubang Island in the Philippines. His orders from his commanding officers, Major Yoshimi Taniguchi, were simple:

You are absolutely forbidden to die by your own hand. It may take three years, it may take five, but whatever happens, we’ll come back for you. Until then, so long as you have one soldier, you are to continue to lead him. You may have to live on coconuts. If that’s the case, live on coconuts! Under no circumstances are you [to] give up your life voluntarily.
<snip>

Years passed in the jungle with these four soldiers continuing to perform their sworn duty of harrying the enemy at every opportunity and gather intelligence as best they could. At a certain point, when most everybody they saw was dressed in civilian clothing, they began thinking that this too was a ruse from the Allied forces to lull the Japanese guerrilla soldiers into a false sense of confidence. They considered the fact that every time they fired on these “civilians” shortly thereafter search parties would arrive hunting them. Over time they had gradually let their solitude twist their minds into thinking everyone was an enemy, even their own fellow Japanese who would occasionally come and try to find them and get them to come home. These of course in their minds were Japanese prisoners forced to come lure them away from the safety of the jungle.
<snip>

Finally in 1974 a college student, Nario Suzuki, decided to travel the world. Among his list of things to do on his journey was to find “Onoda, a panda, and the Abominable Snowman”. He traveled to the island and trekked through the jungle searching for signs of Onoda. Shockingly, where literally thousands of others through the last 29 years had failed, Suzuki succeeded. He found Onoda’s dwelling place and Onoda himself.

He then proceeded to try to convince Onoda to come home with him. Onoda refused. His commanding officers had said they would return for him no matter what. He would not surrender nor believe the war was over until they returned and ordered him to do so. At this point, he would not have been allowed to simply go home; he would be required to surrender and throw himself on the mercy of the enemy. Over the years he had been too successful at using the guerrilla tactics he had mastered. Killing 30 Filipinos and injuring over 100 others as well as destroying various crops and the like for almost 30 years.

Suzuki then traveled back to Japan with the news he’d found Onoda; Major Taniguchi, now retired and working at a book store, was then brought back to the island and to Onoda to tell him that Japan had lost the war and he was to give up his weapons and surrender to the Filipinos.

As you might expect, after living in the jungle doing what he thought was his duty helping Japan, now only turning out to be wasting 29 years of his life, and worse killing and injuring innocent civilians, this came as a crushing blow to Onoda.

We really lost the war! How could they have been so sloppy?
Suddenly everything went black. A storm raged inside me. I felt like a fool for having been so tense and cautious on the way here. Worse than that, what had I been doing for all these years?

Gradually the storm subsided, and for the first time I really understood: my thirty years as a guerrilla fighter for the Japanese army were abruptly finished. This was the end.I pulled back the bolt on my rifle and unloaded the bullets. . . .I eased off the pack that I always carried with me and laid the gun on top of it. Would I really have no more use for this rifle that I had polished and cared for like a baby all these years? Or Kozuka’s rifle, which I had hidden in a crevice in the rocks? Had the war really ended thirty years ago? If it had, what had Shimada and Kozuka died for? If what was happening was true, wouldn’t it have been better if I had died with them?

On March 10th, 1975 at the age of 52, Onoda in full uniform that was somehow still immaculately kept, marched out of the jungle and surrendered his samurai sword to the Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos. Marcos, very unpopularly in the Philippines, but immensely popular in Japan, pardoned Onoda for his crimes, given that Onoda had thought he was still at war the entire time.
Now in the end, we might look at Onoda as a fool and worse, a murder of innocent people. In the end, he was both of those things, there is no denying it. But at the same time, not everyone who lives by strict convictions and puts their all into achieving what they believe to be the right thing, ends up having what they strive towards turn out well or end up being a good thing.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index...e-japanese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

:hysterical: :hysterical:

You are very fortunate to not be one of the 3 Christs! I am guessing that there may be a particularly stressful factor that causes so many people in your city to go nuts, 3 at a time--because of the BPC that is caused by using a name which begins with 3 consonants.

HELPFUL TIP: Start a local petition to change the name of Ypsilanti to something more uptone and winning like....YIPPEE!silanti

:hattip:

I do know of a local ex-scio that was in the "I was Jesus in a last life" fan club during the cult years.

Those 3 Christ guys could have started a new cult called the Christ Trinity Church.

Yeah, the name Ypsilanti is a problem to pronounce and spell. The name comes from a Greek General. That was his last name.
It sucks when I have to spell it every time when doing a phone transaction. On top of that I have to spell my street name which is an unpronounceable German last name. I'm glad my last name isn't some 15 character Polish name with 4 or 5 consecutive consonants no one would how to spell or pronounce with an abundance of c's, k'c and z's.

Many people mispronounce Ypsilanti as YIP-silanti. The Y is a short i sound and is pronounced Ip-si-lan-tee (both i's are short). I should have stayed in pronounceable/spellable Ann Arbor where I lived 28 years before I moved to Ypsi (the shortened way to say the city name) but the houses are much more affordable here.

There is a nick name Ypsitucky. It's a blend of Ypsilanti and Kentucky. Some people think that it's a pejorative presuming that our population is composed of nothing but hicks. The fact is many jobless Kentuckians made their way up here to work at the Willow Run Bomber Plant during WWII.

There are some words that rhyme with Ypsi, like, dipsy and tipsy, Gypsy, lipsy, quipsy. Maybe someone with skills could write a poem about Ypsi.

Signed,
Tipsy in Ypsi.

Adam7986

Declared SP
Hey Adam 7986.

Talking about the Pasadena org, There was a woman who worked there for a long time....might still be there....Pat Morris? Her husband...Joel...was in a wheelchair....

Do you remember them? Anyway, if so, they had a daughter.....forgotten her name. We went out a bit. I was curious if you knew the daughter?

The daughter ran into this Class V auditor from Spain...(living in LA) by the name of Jesus. I believe he was married with 6 kids or something like that.

This guy Jesus....left his wife....and took off with Pat and Joel's daughter....and took her to New Mexico or Arizona .....some cult group there ...a school or something.

Anyway, wondered what became of her.....if you knew her.

(there is more to the story....but leaving it out)

Thanks.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about that! I met Pat once or twice, but only because my mom was on staff there.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Many people mispronounce Ypsilanti as YIP-silanti. The Y is a short i sound and is pronounced Ip-si-lan-tee (both i's are short).

Been to your fine state many times and I never knew that was the correct pronunciation! Whoa, cool!

So, let me make sure I get this right. In YP-SILANTI, you don't pronounce the "Y" because it's SILENTI?

:giggle:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here are your clears
When the church has fallen, the leader gone, and all the moneys locked away, stashed away, wasted away, lost.
When the guiding hand, the ruling hand, the hand raised in tone 40 indication of command has ceased to be.
When all is lost in that state of confusion brought about by the, quite apparent, lack of leadership.
Then shall pour forth all the promised clears, The Sea Org cast adrift.
Five Thousand children dumped into a preconceived Don Quixotic world of base debauchery.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of home and hearth.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of family ties, health care and proper nourishment.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of higher education and any need thereof.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of all purpose in life, with their church in ruin and the evil world outside left to spiral down into its lost decay.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of their only chance of breaking all the bonds keeping them from promised eternity.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any other view of life that might exist beyond the only knowledge they were allowed to know.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children left out on the streets in dazed confusion of where to go from here.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of all belief that any good may be found in a world away from that protective bubble that has burst.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any idea that they might find mercy in that world that waits outside.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of any understanding of the love within the hearts of those beyond their walls.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children cleared of understanding finally that their promise of eternity is only now beginning to come true.
Here are your clears, Five Thousand children free at last to have that chance, that all deserve, for a clearer understanding of the nature of the world they live in now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: