What's new

Paulette Cooper on WWP: Scientology continues to decline

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
The decline of the cult can't happen quick enough for me. With my daughter still embedded in it and there seems to be no way to impinge on her, to penetrate the hard cold venere she's encased in... it's so not her :no: :no: I fear for her well being... and that of others. 10 years of SO indoctrination is a hard case to crack... regardless of anything she says or does I love her...:bighug:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Paulette is one of my heros! :thumbsup:

When it was so dangerous to stand up to scientology, she did so! :happydance:

Her words bare quoting in full from the above:

Someone seems to have reposted my birthday message of a year ago, and since it was my birthday again recently (those things do have a nasty habit of reappearing once a year or so), I'd like to add this year that I'm happy to see Scientology continue to decline and many positive steps have occurred in that direction.

There have been some promising suits instituted against them, wonderful articles exposing them, brave defectors and others speaking out, anonymous members still picketing and continuing to be a thorn in their side, their attempts to expand outside the USA meeting with opposition, a few books against them are coming out, etc.

But what I think is also extremely promising is that it's no longer cool to be a Scientologist. You see this especially with celebrities who are not boasting that they're members anymore but they're hiding, denying, and/or downplaying their affiliation. And once they shut up about Scientology, far fewer people will be attracted to it.

Paulette Cooper

skydog

Patron Meritorious

But what I think is also extremely promising is that it's no longer cool to be a Scientologist. You see this especially with celebrities who are not boasting that they're members anymore but they're hiding, denying, and/or downplaying their affiliation. And once they shut up about Scientology, far fewer people will be attracted to it.

Paulette Cooper

I think that really hits the nail on the head-and it is not just celebrities. No one can admit affiliation with this group to an outsider without looking like a fool.