What's new

Paulette Cooper speaks out against the Wiesenthal Award to Tom Cruise

A

Annonny

All,
After much hard work [thanks to MoarXenu, Tony Ortega and of cours Palette Cooper], her statement agains the Wiesenthal Award was published. Check it out:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/paulette_cooper.php

Last week, at a ceremony in Beverly Hills, the Simon Wiesenthal Center gave Tom Cruise its annual Humanitarian Award. As we pointed out earlier, this did not go down well with people who wondered why such a famous pro-justice organization would give an award to a man almost synonymous with Scientology, a "church" that splits up families, relies on menial labor conducted under harsh conditions, and that is being investigated by the FBI, we hear, for those practices. One of the people stunned by the decision of the Simon Wiesenthal Center is Paulette Cooper, a Holocaust survivor and perhaps the most well known investigator of Scientology.
Her 1971 book, The Scandal of Scientology, was among the first to expose the organization's bizarre beliefs and toxic practices. For this, she was the subject of an outrageous campaign of payback by Scientology. One plot, to get her arrested for issuing bomb threats that she didn't make, was only uncovered when federal agents raided Scientology's offices in 1977 and found evidence of the scheme against Cooper. Google her name for more details on the incredible harassment she survived. Earlier today, she sent me this statement she wanted made public. -- Tony Ortega
On May 5th, Scientologist Tom Cruise was given a Humanitarian Award in LA by the Simon Wiesenthal Center. Whaaatt?? Who will they award next? Mel Gibson for his anti-Semitic rants? Jews for Jesus for their great job converting Jews?

As a survivor of the Holocaust, and the author of a book titled The Scandal of Scientology -- and subsequently the victim of a 15-year campaign by Scientology to try to destroy me for speaking out against them -- I am shocked. How can a (Jewish) human rights organization, like SWC -- supposedly dedicated to education about the Holocaust -- give such an award in good conscience?

In my work many years ago exposing Scientology, I saw so many Jewish (and non-Jewish) families bankrupted, and destroyed, as Scientology members cut off from their families and their religion. I also witnessed (and was victim of) their "Fair Game Policy," stating that "Enemies of Scientology" can be " tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

I know of another group that also believed their enemies could be destroyed. As a result, my mother and father and most of my family died in Auschwitz.

According to the Scientologists, Tom Cruise has disseminated Scientology's teachings to 1.1 billion people. While that figure, like so many of theirs, is patently ridiculous, he has reached a lot of people. And that has given Scientology respectability, acceptability, and a following that does no good for the Jewish people.

I hope those contributing to the SWC reconsider their values, just as the Wiesenthal Center has obviously reconsidered theirs.

Paulette Cooper Noble
Author of The Scandal of Scientology

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

People, please go and submit comments to Paulette's statement. Ronbots are already there.

Realitywilltell

Patron with Honors
I am so glad Paulette came out with a statement!

I've been at the article countering some of the ronbots silly statements also!

It is true the SWC is never going to live this down!!! They should have listened. Abraham Cooper & Marvin Hier didn't but real Rabbis do!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There was a pivotal moment in time when all those former sea org members came forward with EYEWITNESS testimony of Miscavige beating staff OR having PERSONALLY been a victim to such brutal assaults.

Shortly after those stunning revelations, there was an eerie silence from Tom Cruise where one would normally expect a response demanding an immediate and full investigation as to the truth of those horrifying allegations.

We waited....

Soon thereafter Cruise paid his attorney to issue a letter that simply said that Tom did not believe it.

Was that the character-defining response of a "humanitarian"--or a cowardly dupe who elected to be complicitous to such atrocities?

Tom Cruise, unfortunately, has aggressively crossed the threshold of stupidity and neutrality squarely into the camp of sociopathic aggressors and predators.

He has chosen to support and even protect vicious human rights violations.

Helpful tip to the actor Tom Cruise: Call a press conference today. Give all your medals back from Wiesenthal and the CoS. Stop "acting" like a humanitarian and do the right thing.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Have done my share of jumping up and down there as well.....:grouch:

SWC to my mind has lost its credibility and it's way. It should now be replaced by an organization that chooses to uphold the original charter and values.

The most important point is: being prepared to stand by those values.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Done :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 14th May 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th May 2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Have done my share of jumping up and down there as well.....:grouch:

SWC to my mind has lost its credibility and it's way. It should now be replaced by an organization that chooses to uphold the original charter and values.

The most important point is: being prepared to stand by those values.

SWC compromised accepting large donations from Mr Cruise to further their groups aims.

The CULT is expert at re-tagging facts as opponents Lies to counter any challenge to allegiance.

I wonder how many dead agent packs of mis-information it took to drown any strong voices.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
There was a pivotal moment in time when all those former sea org members came forward with EYEWITNESS testimony of Miscavige beating staff OR having PERSONALLY been a victim to such brutal assaults.

Shortly after those stunning revelations, there was an eerie silence from Tom Cruise where one would normally expect a response demanding an immediate and full investigation as to the truth of those horrifying allegations.

We waited....

Soon thereafter Cruise paid his attorney to issue a letter that simply said that Tom did not believe it.

Was that the character-defining response of a "humanitarian"--or a cowardly dupe who elected to be complicitous to such atrocities?

Tom Cruise, unfortunately, has aggressively crossed the threshold of stupidity and neutrality squarely into the camp of sociopathic aggressors and predators.

He has chosen to support and even protect vicious human rights violations.

Helpful tip to the actor Tom Cruise: Call a press conference today. Give all your medals back from Wiesenthal and the CoS. Stop "acting" like a humanitarian and do the right thing.

HH and Ms Cooper could not be more right.

Gus

Patron with Honors

This sorry excuse for a church is dragging its celebrities down with it. The smarter ones like Haggis and Begue have figured it out and got off already.

I'd feel sorry for the ones who are hanging on, except that they, especially Cruise, publicly defend the "Church" of Scientology as being a benevolent organization.

IMHO, it is past the tipping point. There really isn't any excuse for not knowing any better. Cruise, Travolta, et al should know by this point that this "church" is fucked up, and that it is time to do right and publicly renounce it. Should they continue to defend Scientology, they deserve what they get.

As for Paulette, I can't think of anyone more qualified to comment on this award by SWC. To this day, AFAIK, Scientology has not apologized to her. That, to me, means Scientology still condones everything they have been proven to have done to her.

GUS (all caps, 'cuz I'm pissed!)

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
All,
After much hard work [thanks to MoarXenu, Tony Ortega and of cours Palette Cooper], her statement agains the Wiesenthal Award was published. Check it out:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/paulette_cooper.php

Last week, at a ceremony in Beverly Hills, the Simon Wiesenthal Center gave Tom Cruise its annual Humanitarian Award. As we pointed out earlier, this did not go down well with people who wondered why such a famous pro-justice organization would give an award to a man almost synonymous with Scientology, a "church" that splits up families, relies on menial labor conducted under harsh conditions, and that is being investigated by the FBI, we hear, for those practices. One of the people stunned by the decision of the Simon Wiesenthal Center is Paulette Cooper, a Holocaust survivor and perhaps the most well known investigator of Scientology.
Her 1971 book, The Scandal of Scientology, was among the first to expose the organization's bizarre beliefs and toxic practices. For this, she was the subject of an outrageous campaign of payback by Scientology. One plot, to get her arrested for issuing bomb threats that she didn't make, was only uncovered when federal agents raided Scientology's offices in 1977 and found evidence of the scheme against Cooper. Google her name for more details on the incredible harassment she survived. Earlier today, she sent me this statement she wanted made public. -- Tony Ortega
On May 5th, Scientologist Tom Cruise was given a Humanitarian Award in LA by the Simon Wiesenthal Center. Whaaatt?? Who will they award next? Mel Gibson for his anti-Semitic rants? Jews for Jesus for their great job converting Jews?

As a survivor of the Holocaust, and the author of a book titled The Scandal of Scientology -- and subsequently the victim of a 15-year campaign by Scientology to try to destroy me for speaking out against them -- I am shocked. How can a (Jewish) human rights organization, like SWC -- supposedly dedicated to education about the Holocaust -- give such an award in good conscience?

In my work many years ago exposing Scientology, I saw so many Jewish (and non-Jewish) families bankrupted, and destroyed, as Scientology members cut off from their families and their religion. I also witnessed (and was victim of) their "Fair Game Policy," stating that "Enemies of Scientology" can be " tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

I know of another group that also believed their enemies could be destroyed. As a result, my mother and father and most of my family died in Auschwitz.

According to the Scientologists, Tom Cruise has disseminated Scientology's teachings to 1.1 billion people. While that figure, like so many of theirs, is patently ridiculous, he has reached a lot of people. And that has given Scientology respectability, acceptability, and a following that does no good for the Jewish people.

I hope those contributing to the SWC reconsider their values, just as the Wiesenthal Center has obviously reconsidered theirs.

Paulette Cooper Noble
Author of The Scandal of Scientology

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

People, please go and submit comments to Paulette's statement. Ronbots are already there.
HI PAULEY! remember me? I was a pc of yours at CCLA (clams creeps loosers and assholes.) I didn't know you were in Auschwitz. Good for you in opposing the Wiesenthals gone meshiggeh. I may have something to say to them myself. all the best, Reuben Hart

HI PAULEY! remember me? I was a pc of yours at CCLA (clams creeps loosers and assholes.) I didn't know you were in Auschwitz. Good for you in opposing the Wiesenthals gone meshiggeh. I may have something to say to them myself. all the best, Reuben Hart

Paulette Cooper was never in Scientology was she?

elwood

Patron with Honors

Very interesting...

No, Paulette Cooper was never a Scientologist.

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
OOOPS! My mistake. Paulette Cooper was never anybody's auditor. I was thinking of Paulette Fisher...I think. After I got out of Scn. I couldn't find my ass in the dark with both hands.THus I'm not sure of much. Anybody else remember Paulette Fisher? She was good people. Reuben