What's new

Paulette Cooper

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Paulette Cooper:

Paulette Cooper wrote a book called 'The Scandal Of Scientology' in 1971.

Following L. Ron Hubbard's 'Fair Game Policy', the Church of Scientology brought false charges against her with fabricated evidence. They tried to frame her for various bomb threats. This campaign was called 'Operation Freak Out' by Hubbard and his 'Guardian Office'.

In 1985, the legal cases were finally settled after the FBI had found evidence of Scientology's criminal behaviour in the campaign, after raids of Scientology files.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
No replies to this one? This is one of the most revealing stories about the behaviour of scientologists. So much of the work of the GO on Paulette was known as was the campaign against Gabe Cazares in Clearwater going on at the same time. I cannot really understand how this did not bring major charges of criminal activity against COS. Yes there were court cases and hearings but I don't remember anyone being held accountable for the campaign against her.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Pronouncing $cientologists guilty of practicing $cientology" or some such is the High Crime if memory serves me correctly.

What the GO did was $cientology, pure, simple and unadulterated, as written by Source Hisself.

Those of us who were "in" are maybe still a bit numb to it all.

The real world just finds it too hard to comprehend - that a small, insignificant UFO cult would actually DO stuff like this to someone who simply told the truth.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
"Pronouncing $cientologists guilty of practicing $cientology" or some such is the High Crime if memory serves me correctly.

What the GO did was $cientology, pure, simple and unadulterated, as written by Source Hisself.

Those of us who were "in" are maybe still a bit numb to it all.

The real world just finds it too hard to comprehend - that a small, insignificant UFO cult would actually DO stuff like this to someone who simply told the truth.

So true Scooter.

And on top of that Paulette is a wonderful, lovely and caring person.

I have met her twice, one of the times driving her for over and hour when we chatted and chatted. She was the opposite of the picture organized scientology tried to paint of her and that Hubbard, through his policies and actions, painted of someone with the courage to speak out like Paulette.

What a truly evil man was Hubbard. And that evil was woven throughout scientology policy.

:rose: to Paulette and all others, EXes or not, who suffered at the hands of scientology.

Veda

Sponsor
At 1:30: "Hubbard hated Paulette Cooper. He hated her and he wanted her destroyed."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

"At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet..."

__________​

A little more about Paulette Cooper. The first attempt to have her "terminatedly handled" by having her arrested or committed to a mental institution occurred in 1972. This was called, IIRC, Operation Dynamite. Two bomb threat letters were sent to a Scientology "Church" and linked to Cooper.

By that time her life had been thoroughly investigated, and "friends" had been planted near her to "help" her. Cooper was aware of the overt harassment, but (understandably) not of the ongoing covert activities.

Op Dynamite resulted in Cooper being arrested and brought before a Grand Jury. She consented to a sodium pentathol test (truth serum), and the prosecution of her case was called off. Nonetheless, she had not been exonerated, and her life had been deeply affected.

Still, Hubbard wasn't satisfied. After all, Scientology had come *so* close to succeeding. So another attempt was made to "finish the job," and in spring of 1976 the plans/paperwork for this "op" were put together. This new re-started Op against Cooper was called OP Freak out.

(This, and other plans, were interrupted by events, later that year, having to do with the defecting of a high level Scientology operative. This defection, and the operative speaking with the FBI, ultimately led to the July 1977 FBI raids on Scientology in Los Angeles and Washington, DC.)

It was going to be a pure covert op, in that it would begin and end without seeming to involve Scientology in any way. Hubbard's covert Ops tech was going to be used, complete with multiple channels of attack/influence, stage setting (created incidents), suitable guises, etc. Hubbard, fresh from the covert "taking" of Clearwater, Florida - even though he had recently fled Clearwater by car after his cover was blown, ending up in Washington, DC - appears to have been very confident about the effectiveness of his own covert Intel tech, and certain of his own invincibility.

After all, he had "gotten away with" so much up to that point.

________​

What is known through the Internet is only the tip of the iceberg.

Scientology has a decades long practice of destroying evidence and silencing witnesses - for example, a massive evidence destruction effort was undertaken in 1979 - and it's amazing that we know what we do know. Scientology, after all, is a secretive cult based on (its founder's words) the "tight conspiracy" model (not unlike organized crime).

Schwimmel Puckel, in a 9 February 2011 post, had these observations:

"I quite sure that Hubbard directed this personally... But I can't prove it. But it was/is well known that even as Mary Sue and Jane Kember held those posts they did, nothing was done without Ron overlooking, approving and/or ordering it.

"I never met the man in person. I was in the Guardian's Office Europe 1979 to mid '81. Well, we had telexes clattering in from 'Ron' all the time. He was very much into anything the GO did, was my impression.. And we carefully cut the corner that said 'Ron' off of the slips before archiving. No document were to expose Ron as a leader or executive authority of anything anywhere."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF99yYCE8wI

Note: The above short video consists of clips from two '60 Minutes' programs, about fifteen years apart. The first - longer - segment - is from 1980; the latter - shorter - segment, concerning "C.A.N.," is from the mid 1990s.

This is some more info re. Paulette Cooper...

From a recent radio interview done by Bill Franks, former ED International of Scientology:

Franks mentions that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. Briefly discussing Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks adds some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

scandalscientology.cov12a.gif

An informative link: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/krasel/cooper/frk.html

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Does anyone know the names of the other GO operatives involved in the ops against Paulette? This situation has many similarities with my treatment from the GO.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
That slime ball lrh was a sociopath . . . . Un-f'g-believable . . . Dang right, normal people have no ability to fathom this . . .

So sorry Lord Xenu that you were subject to this kind of psychological torment. Can you tell us your story? Just change up names, places, dates, sexes if want to protect your identity.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hubbard lost all of my respect several years ago after reading eye witness accounts of his activities. I thought I could never think less of him than I already did but I was wrong. Each day that I read something about Scientology and Hubbard, my respect for him becomes less and less. He was one of the worst human beings ever to walk this earth. Words that describe him are many. Words like cowardly, liar, adulterer, con man, unhealthy, evil, sadistic, fat, creepy, ugly, and dead are just a few. In fact one could make a new thread "Words that can be used to describe L Ron Hubbard."

Thank goodness that the truth has been revealed about the cult and what had for so long remained hidden. Paulette Cooper is a hero for having been one of the first to expose the fraud and the man who created it.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard lost all of my respect several years ago after reading eye witness accounts of his activities. I thought I could never think less of him than I already did but I was wrong. Each day that I read something about Scientology and Hubbard, my respect for him becomes less and less. He was one of the worst human beings ever to walk this earth. Words that describe him are many. Words like cowardly, liar, adulterer, con man, unhealthy, evil, sadistic, fat, creepy, ugly, and dead are just a few. In fact one could make a new thread "Words that can be used to describe L Ron Hubbard."

Thank goodness that the truth has been revealed about the cult and what had for so long remained hidden. Paulette Cooper is a hero for having been one of the first to expose the fraud and the man who created it.

Over and over again I have come to learn that it was even worse than I thought.

Over and over....

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does anyone know the names of the other GO operatives involved in the ops against Paulette? This situation has many similarities with my treatment from the GO.

I suspect that the girl who knocked on her door, holding that "Save the whales" clipboard, the one that had a piece of Paulette's letterhead taped face down to the back of board, letterhead which had been taken from her desk in her bedroom, by her $cn op boyfriend....

The gal knocked on her door and asked her if she would sign a petition to save the somethingorothers..then handed her the clipboard to sign... when paulette held the clipboard, this placed paulette's own finger prints on the back of that piece of her own stationary,.which was used by osa to type the bomb threat mailed to Henry Kissinger.

What DA would believe anything else when the bomb threat letter had the person's fingerprints on the back of it, as if they, quite naturally, read their handiwork before mailing it?

The petitioner girl's name may have been Paula Tyler, she married my best friend at the time, we joined the SO together named Gary Lowe in 71, I was their best man at their wedding held on the stern deck of the Bolivar in the harbor.. My last words to Gary were "Are you sure about this???" - They later divorced.

When I was introduced to Paula by Gary, in a 2nd floor apartment "out the avenues" (A neighborhood in SF) he said she had been moved, for safetly, to San Francisco because of a GO operation in NYC. Paulette described the petitioner to me as quite attractive, which Paula was, which is the only link I have for this suspicion other than the date coincidence.

And my old best friend Gary still won't speak to me after 42 years...

Arnie Lerma

Last edited:

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great Woman...
[video=youtube;JjzOMbY8kfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjzOMbY8kfo[/video]

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Can you tell us your story? Just change up names, places, dates, sexes if want to protect your identity.[/QUOTE]

I have joined this board in order to do just that. However, I worry that by doing so I expose myself because of particular events that I would describe. I could say that a prominent GO member was a hugely destructive figure in my life yet was regarded by most (including people with no connection to scientology) as a highly moral and well respected figure.This person had absorbed the most cynical side of the techniques available and had been in direct contact with LRH from the late 50's. However, I would say that since I accepted what the situation was and stopped fooling myself into thinking I was in the wrong started my personal recovery, although I have lost my entire family over this. Needless to say the internet was a great help as I started investigating techniques used by the GO and I became comforted as well as horrified as I started to unravel the tangled web .It is truly amazing to me how someone can be so manipulative and fool so many people for so long,and this person had good reason for making sure I was totally discredited.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hubbard

Other than all that though he was an OK guy.
:yes:

(just kidding) :coolwink::biggrin:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
''

For those not sure whether L Ron Hubbard had anything to do with Operation Frakout here's a scan of a document seized by the FBI showing his handwriting . . .

10825432636_8f8f68e140.jpg

we're christians deano. the nazarene directs quite clearly and simply "judge not that ye be not judged"

for those who have this fully alive within see with clearer eyes

let he who knows the heart judge nor ever judge any by hearsay spread by their persecuters...

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
we're christians deano. the nazarene directs quite clearly and simply "judge not that ye be not judged"

for those who have this fully alive within see with clearer eyes

let he who knows the heart judge nor ever judge any by hearsay spread by their persecuters...

Shame on you for quoting Scripture to justify EVIL.

You didn't drink the Kool Aid???

You ARE the Kool Aid.

Your soul is dead.

Pray for a moral compass.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Hubbard

And, if you hurry, you can get a T shirt from Cafe Express with his picture.

Or one that says, "Scientology, hiding crimes since 1953"

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/6410589..._6C15C=530004740057848486&productId=611384291

When I get a chance I'm going to use one of these type of sites to make my own T shirts and other items. I was playing with www.spreadshirt.com that Anonycat mentioned the other day and designed this coffee mug in just a few minutes:

MUG2_zps063eced3.jpg

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Starting at 10:49---Atty. Rob Clark (Muldrake, henri, ptsc) gives Paulette Cooper a Lifetime achievement award at the 2012 SP Party. Rob gives an accurate account of what Paulette Cooper went through at the hands of the cult.

She's a lovely woman. Truly lovely, and her husband Paul, is a real keeper.

[video=youtube_share;EWDxe2LFatU]http://youtu.be/EWDxe2LFatU[/video]

Shame on you for quoting Scripture to justify EVIL.

You didn't drink the Kool Aid???

You ARE the Kool Aid.

Your soul is dead.

Pray for a moral compass.

i beg you pardon mr churchill

you have twisted my words to hell and gone...

i am justifying nothing with my citation of scripture

there are numerous policies of CoS with which i do not agree and many practices. however most of the rotten things that happen in CoS are either direct violations of policy or bad applications of policy.

what ever else l ron hubbard may or may not have done he is the prime progenitor of auditing and auditor training and auditing and auditor training by my first hand experience of study and practice are very certainly good things

and i will now again cite scripture and essay it's pertinence and application

as you may know...

one of the ten commandments reads "thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

please give honest and faithful consideration to this...