What's new

Paul's Body Thetans

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I've posted some of this before and some is new. I got tired of trying to find my earlier posts on body thetans, scattered through various threads, and figured this way I could find my ideas on the subject again as they gradually evolve. It's also about my ideas on your "body thetans." I thought a thread title of "Paul's Evolving Views on Everyone's Supposed Body Thetans" would be less eye-catching and harder for me to remember.

In brief, and as far as I know, Hubbard's idea is that a body thetan is an entire spiritual being, more or less like thee or me, more or less able to run a meat body if set loose from his spiritual captivity through Hubbard's tech. These body thetans, either singly or in clusters, being in actual or potential intimate mental/spiritual contact with their host, can have an effect, small or large, on the individual. By getting rid of these undesirable beings (undesirable really in terms of their proximity and influence), one can become more oneself, as the sources for the alien thoughts and intentions are removed from one's space and area of influence, or rather area of being influenced. This cleansing activity is the main focus of OT3 and up through Solo NOTs. On OT3 the person is likely to get rid of hundreds of BTs, throughout NOTs and Solo NOTs thousands and thousands. Hubbard's ideas here.

As I've stated many times, although the theory that goes with along with Hubbard's OT2 and OT3 is preposterous, I believe most people who have completed those levels achieved benefits from following - closely or sloppily - the procedures, over and above merely the benefits of having the certs, i.e. the status, the ability to do higher levels, etc. Similarly with NOTs and Solo NOTs there would seem to be something genuine that is addressed on those levels, even if the theory that one is handling entire beings all the time is not correct.

So, what is known and what is conjecture? In general on OT3 one looks over one's immediate space, within a foot or so of the body, and one's attention is drawn to a "thing", accompanied by a meter read or sensing of an area of pressure. One narrows one's attention to the area, indulges in some kind of communication with a presumed life unit there, and after a short or long time something dissipates and the meter F/Ns. This is known. The interpretation of this by Hubbard is conjecture, that a body thetan or group of them has blown, but other interpretations are possible.

In spiritual practices outside of Scientology, other beings are considered. There are "attachments", demons, generally of a malign nature. My opinion is that such spiritual beings exist and may well be addressed on OT3 or earlier by the person, and these are in fact genuine "full-size" beings that have been attached to an individual by mental/spiritual ties often for many years or lifetimes. Severing the attachment (i.e. the connection, the tie) - along with addressing the reason for the other being to haunt the individual and thereby allowing the other to leave - can bring great relief to the individual of a permanent nature. An individual would normally have very few, if any, of these to deal with.

There are also spiritual guides, guardian angels, that may accompany the individual in his daily life, but these are not permanently attached and are free to come and go, whether they do or not. These beings may get addressed on OT3, but since the relationship to the individual is not so compulsive, then the resolution would not be so final, and they may well "come back" again and again. Again, this kind is few in number, more than the "attachment" kind, but usually only a few per individual, not dozens.

I believe there is one more main category of entire beings that influences the individual. This involves the mechanism of chakra cords, or chakra strings, very tenuous beams connecting individuals who have had significant relationships with one another throughout a being's existence. These cords connect a child to his or her parents, wherever they are. They connect a person to a spouse or other loved one. And more. The better the relationship, the more loving and fulfilling it is, the better condition the cords are in. These are the connections that facilitate the transfer of emotional impulses over a distance to people one knows well and has known. They do not disappear at death.

There are also large-scale group energy-consciousness constructs that could influence one, called morphogenetic fields and discussed extensively by Rupert Sheldrake. I don't think these play a significant role in auditing whatever phenomena are being addressed at OT3 and above in solo auditing.

And then there are the little bits of frozen energy-consciousness, that have some alien (i.e. not one's own) life-force component to them, some little bit of theta wiggle, that seem to have become trapped around one. These seem to me to be the main thing one is addressing at OT3 and higher levels when such targets are in one's immediate space and one is searching for "body thetans" there.

The attached illustration is from Barbara Ann Brennan's book Light Emerging. It's from the Spanish edition as that is much easier to find online than the English one. This one I found on Scribd at http://d.scribd.com/docs/2gv7lyls85djcbemfwd1.pdf and it can probably be found elsewhere there if that version disappears. It shows chakra cords reaching out like tentacles, and also some bioplasma interaction. I believe that sometimes bits of another's bioplasma become trapped within one's own aura, one's own bioplasma field. An example of this in action would be when auditing an incident that doesn't relieve until one addresses it from another's viewpoint, like a violent argument or some other traumatic interaction. This other-viewpoint address isn't really part of Hubbard's tech but it does exist in other techs, including mine. The reason it works is because it is not one's own life-force that is being addressed but another's.

Is this what is being mainly addressed when one goes after local "body thetans"? The workability of the Pilot's "Point to the being you separated from" would tend to validate this interpretation. The only real evidence for "a body thetan blowing" is the subjective perception of something with a bit of life-force attached to it dissipating and not continuing in one's space in its prior form, and an F/N, both seen on the meter and felt, insofar as one can feel an F/N. It is only Hubbard's (and others') interpretation that leads one to assume some entity has departed.

-----

All the above I have pretty much posted before, apart from the picture. But this final bit is something new. When supervising OT3 in the CofS I noticed that most people did OK on OT3 and blew a fair number of BTs. The people who were highly-trained as auditors often did involved and seemingly-skillful handlings on their BTs, and the people who were reasonably confident at solo auditing but didn't know much more than what was on the Solo Course and OT3 theory didn't, but still got handled their load of BTs OK. Similarly, and I noticed this when a bunch of new issues on OT3 came out around 1983 (?) and we called in all the local OT3s and above and gave them a cheap "OT3 update course" where they got to see the issues and we wordcleared and checked them out on them, people did OK on the level who didn't really have a clue what they were doing and who hadn't been applying the correct tech AT ALL on the level. In other words, how much handling was required to blow a BT seemed to depend more on what handling the solo auditor was able to do than on "how tough" the BT was as a pc. I'm talking mostly here, as there were obvious exceptions. I'll say it again. What it took to "blow a BT" seemed to be independent of the accuracy and depth of tech used! So what would explain this?

I think it is similar to how some pcs run shallow. I.e. the little bit of alien (bad word in the circumstances!) energy-consciousness trapped in the person's auric field dissolves PARTIALLY, depending on the person's confront, skill as an auditor, willingness to change, and other similar factors, then the person bounces out of it and "EPs." Someone else addressing the same bit of wiggle might be able to permeate it more and get more - or all - of it to dissolve. In the partial dissipation scenario, it is more a case of the person blowing than "the BT." The undissolved bit of wiggle, which may well move around in the auric field, is then left to be addressed later on, or not as the case may be.

And what about addressing big bad beings half a universe away intent on implanting galaxies through long command lines of baddies? Dunno. I'm not really commenting on that kind of thing here. Maybe some other time. :)

Paul

Attachments

• bioplasma1.gif
    bioplasma1.gif
    44.7 KB · Views: 103

RogerB

Crusader
Nice Write Up, Paul!

I've posted some of this before and some is new. I got tired of trying to find my earlier posts on body thetans, scattered through various threads, and figured this way I could find my ideas on the subject again as they gradually evolve. It's also about my ideas on your "body thetans." I thought a thread title of "Paul's Evolving Views on Everyone's Supposed Body Thetans" would be less eye-catching and harder for me to remember.

Paul

Paul,

This is a nice, balanced, thoughtful and lucid write up.

Thanks,

R

Good twin

Floater
Thanks Paul. This really helps. :thumbsup:

BTW - when I went to Yoga class we did a nice variation of rub and yawn. It was very good and made me think of you. :coolwink:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are also spiritual guides, guardian angels, that may accompany the individual in his daily life, but these are not permanently attached and are free to come and go, whether they do or not. These beings may get addressed on OT3, but since the relationship to the individual is not so compulsive, then the resolution would not be so final, and they may well "come back" again and again. Again, this kind is few in number, more than the "attachment" kind, but usually only a few per individual, not dozens. (Quote)
-----------------------------------------

Interesting that you bring up this point. Just recently I had been wondering about the effect that OT III, if there is any validity to it, had on things, such as spirit guides.

When I was in Scientology I never believed that there were such things as,spirit guides or angles. Now that I'm out, it makes more and more sense to me;more than galactic overlords or DC 10s flying in space.

I use techniques developed by Robert Monroe and I have had very good results.I am more serene and relaxed and I don't have homicidal thoughts that often anymore. I can't pop out of my body yet or communicate with disembodied beings,but I'm still trying! What I have noticed is, that whenever I need an answers,somehow and form somewhere I get these. It's happened so many times that I am almost convinced.Then again...

At this point, what I believe, is that I must be outside the earth's or material world's energy field in order to truly find answers or least view things form another perspective. My goal and what I work at achieving is, to pop out of my body. I don't want to believe anymore,I want to know. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Great post Paul.

TP

Veda

Sponsor
Interesting write up, much appreciated. Oddly enough, I agree with most of it.

If I were to attach a "warning label" to the secret Hubbard "levels" being discussed, it would be something like, "Significance-loaded, with the significance (which is pervasive) acting as the lacquer, and the moments of release, relief, FNs, etc., acting as the solvent: this being the formula for glue."

Then there'd be a second label which would have a longer "Public Service Announcement," in tiny print:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=205237&postcount=45

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
I've posted some of this before .... this way I could find my ideas on the subject again as they gradually evolve. It's also about my ideas on your "body thetans." I thought a thread title of "Paul's Evolving Views on Everyone's Supposed Body Thetans" would be less eye-catching and harder for me to remember.

.... Hubbard's idea is that a body thetan is an entire spiritual being, ... able to run a meat body if set loose from his spiritual captivity .... These body thetans, either singly or in clusters, being in actual or potential intimate mental/spiritual contact with their host, can have an effect, small or large, on the individual. By getting rid of these undesirable beings (undesirable really in terms of their proximity and influence), one can become more oneself, as the sources for the alien thoughts and intentions are removed from one's space and area of influence, or rather area of being influenced. ...

:)

Paul

Yep, those body thetans are nasty litter critters. They come singularly or in clusters.

Much like a coackroach that travel in the dark and scurry when the light is turned on. Or, a set of jumping, multiplying flees sucking the blood from one host to the other (or I am confusing flees with lice hmmm.....) :eyeroll:

Well, this is my analogy about BT's.

Bee Sting

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Interesting that you bring up this point. Just recently I had been wondering about the effect that OT III, if there is any validity to it, had on things, such as spirit guides.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean what effect running OT3 would have on a local spirit guide? I doubt it would have much effect at all beyond maybe confusing the being a bit. Maybe. Kinda like talking to the dog when it doesn't get what you are saying. Or better might be the dog talking to you when you don't get what it is trying to communicate.

At this point, what I believe, is that I must be outside the earth's or material world's energy field in order to truly find answers or least view things form another perspective. My goal and what I work at achieving is, to pop out of my body. I don't want to believe anymore, I want to know. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Attached is my usual picture of a human aura, again from a Spanish edition of a Brennan book on Scribd, this one Hands of Light. I find that as a session progresses - at least as my sessions progress! - one's awareness encompasses more and more of the energy field shown, and finally extends still further out. The feeling is that of "being exterior", familiar from auditing in the CofS and elsewhere. But it does not usually include seeing the physical universe exclusively as if from a point outside the body, like the corner of the room, or on top of the roof, or on Venus. Others have written of such views but as far as I know it is not common. I sometimes get impressions of having such a view while being "blown out" (accurate phrase!), but it is at the same time as more or less normal viewing through the eyeballs or however one usually does it.

To get completely outside the Earth's energy field, to the exclusion of also being centred in your normal body, well, good luck.

Paul

Attachments

• normal_aura.gif
    normal_aura.gif
    107.2 KB · Views: 67

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are also spiritual guides, guardian angels, that may accompany the individual in his daily life, but these are not permanently attached and are free to come and go, whether they do or not. These beings may get addressed on OT3, but since the relationship to the individual is not so compulsive, then the resolution would not be so final, and they may well "come back" again and again. Again, this kind is few in number, more than the "attachment" kind, but usually only a few per individual, not dozens. (Quote)
-----------------------------------------

When I was in Scientology I never believed that there were such things as,spirit guides or angles. Now that I'm out, it makes more and more sense to me;more than galactic overlords or DC 10s flying in space.

I use techniques developed by Robert Monroe and I have had very good results.I am more serene and relaxed and I don't have homicidal thoughts that often anymore. I can't pop out of my body yet or communicate with disembodied beings,but I'm still trying! What I have noticed is, that whenever I need an answers,somehow and form somewhere I get these. It's happened so many times that I am almost convinced.Then again...

At this point, what I believe, is that I must be outside the earth's or material world's energy field in order to truly find answers or least view things form another perspective. My goal and what I work at achieving is, to pop out of my body. I don't want to believe anymore,I want to know. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Great post Paul.

TP

Knowledge is understanding that has become part of one's own viewpoint. Spiritual growth is becoming concious of, then understanding, viewpoint(s) one is not presently taking. This covers a pretty broad field, so it is likely best to go the route one chooses for oneself and take up what comes up in life. Read what occurs to you, talk to people with the intention to understand. Every viewpoint is valuable.
If you knew the next step you wouldn't have to take it. But it will arrive when you are ready. That might take a willingness to understand what you don't initially want to understand. In fact the most uncomfortable viewpoint is where you get the most juice. My experience

I think one can gain a great deal of perspective here. Just take care not to define perspective before you get it.

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors
I don't normally post around here much as I usually have little of value to add. But....

Paul, I enjoyed that! It sure beats hell out of the standard party line a la COS!

Thank you!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I would be very happy to read any good arguments that would tend to refute any of my points here.

Paul

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Knowledge is understanding that has become part of one's own viewpoint. Spiritual growth is becoming concious of, then understanding, viewpoint(s) one is not presently taking. This covers a pretty broad field, so it is likely best to go the route one chooses for oneself and take up what comes up in life. Read what occurs to you, talk to people with the intention to understand. Every viewpoint is valuable.
If you knew the next step you wouldn't have to take it. But it will arrive when you are ready. That might take a willingness to understand what you don't initially want to understand. In fact the most uncomfortable viewpoint is where you get the most juice. My experience

I think one can gain a great deal of perspective here. Just take care not to define perspective before you get it.

You make a very good point regarding spiritual growth. I think that one reason I had lost all desire for all 'spiritual things' while in the 'church' was that I could not assume any other viewpoint but that of a Scientologist. What a trap.

Thanks for your advice.

TP

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean what effect running OT3 would have on a local spirit guide? I doubt it would have much effect at all beyond maybe confusing the being a bit. Maybe. Kinda like talking to the dog when it doesn't get what you are saying. Or better might be the dog talking to you when you don't get what it is trying to communicate.

Attached is my usual picture of a human aura, again from a Spanish edition of a Brennan book on Scribd, this one Hands of Light. I find that as a session progresses - at least as my sessions progress! - one's awareness encompasses more and more of the energy field shown, and finally extends still further out. The feeling is that of "being exterior", familiar from auditing in the CofS and elsewhere. But it does not usually include seeing the physical universe exclusively as if from a point outside the body, like the corner of the room, or on top of the roof, or on Venus. Others have written of such views but as far as I know it is not common. I sometimes get impressions of having such a view while being "blown out" (accurate phrase!), but it is at the same time as more or less normal viewing through the eyeballs or however one usually does it.

To get completely outside the Earth's energy field, to the exclusion of also being centred in your normal body, well, good luck.

Paul

Yes, I was wondering if doing OT III would be detrimental but you've answered my question here. I feel like that confused dog sometimes:unsure:

Interesting.

With the Monroe techniques I also get that "being exterior" feeling. I end each of the sessions at least feeling very relaxed. I like the fact that I am in charge and don't have to wait for an auditor. Though it dosn't mean I'm opposed to trying other things which would include another person guiding me. I am open to all and willing to experiment.

I think I'll order Brennan's book. Thanks for your help.

TP

Hatshepsut

Crusader

And what about addressing big bad beings half a universe away intent on implanting galaxies through long command lines of baddies? Dunno. I'm not really commenting on that kind of thing here. Maybe some other time. :)
Paul

Thanyou Paul

I was never going to bite on these types of posts again but couldlnot resist.

I got a lot of course leaflets from Barbara Ann Brennans school of healing about 13 yrs ago. I just gave the Healing Hands of Light book to my neighbor who was diagnosed with cancer two months ago. I think most people know instictively that there is more than one way to look at the composite of influences they may experience in their space. But it has been verbotten or squirrel to not see it in one myopic way.

And any time you do get around to theories on the big bad beings controlling by comm lines half a universe away give me a heads up. Even if they're all gone. The constructs left behind are surely still running along on automatic.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Yes,
With the Monroe techniques I also get that "being exterior" feeling. I end each of the sessions at least feeling very relaxed. I like the fact that I am in charge and don't have to wait for an auditor. Though it dosn't mean I'm opposed to trying other things which would include another person guiding me. I am open to all and willing to experiment.

I think I'll order Brennan's book. Thanks for your help.

TP

What's Monroe Technique?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Monroe Institute produces a variety of audio (I think some video, as well) presentations that induce what they call "hemi-sync" (syncing the left and right hemispheres of the brain). This can be very interesting. I've been experimenting with some of them now for several months. I find I sleep better when I use them, and that at least immediately afterwards, perhaps longer-term, I tend to think more creatively and positively.

Essentially, it's creative visualization combined with aural and visual signals that cause a sort of hologram to occur in your audio or video "screen", where the two different tones or images are combined. It's fairly simple, and fairly fascinating. One guy I know who completed Filbert's OTVIII said that he got a lot of mileage out of Monroe in areas the Bridge didn't touch at all. The closest Hubbard got to this stuff was in 8-80, I think, but it doesn't appear anywhere on the "modern" Bridge. Price structuring for it must have been too hard!

It's available for free through www.thepiratebay.org, just search for the Monroe Gateway Experience. If you think that you should pay for the experience, you can do that too, through http://www.monroeinstitute.com/

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And any time you do get around to theories on the big bad beings controlling by comm lines half a universe away give me a heads up. Even if they're all gone. The constructs left behind are surely still running along on automatic.

If I have anything useful to say in the area I will do so. I'm not saving it all up for a rainy day. I've never researched it and I don't know dick about it, not even whether there is anything there or if it is all a fairy tale.

Paul