What's new

Paul's Robot Auditor

Gib

Crusader
My question is has anyone on ESMB made use of Paul's robot?

Who's bitching all the time?

I tried the yawn and rub once back a few years ago before I had done the more in depth research into scientology, just to try it out, back then when I was still all metaphysical you might say.

Then lost interest after trying it.

Jump

Operating teatime

I just want to say congrats to Paul for doing a difficult computer project!

Making an app is pretty complicated as far as I know. So good on you Paul!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
For disambiguation, I was laughing at the sex robot reference not the 'one at a time' comment.

While it's not something I've used, I think it is infinitely preferable to the CofS and the freezone because you have control over it, at least until it becomes self-aware.

Maybe it could become self-aware if it is modified to run on IBM Watson in the cloud? :coolwink:

(Maybe also mobile medical devices with connection to IBM Watson and big data.)

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Jump,

have you tried it?

Nope :) I was speaking as a hobbyist developer myself - most of the fun is in the making :)

(I did try one of the robot things years ago .. this side, that side, up, down ... i forget the details )

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: PaulsRobot

Srsly, if you message the producer I'm sure you will get a private walkthrough.

I prefer public ones to avoid the repetition, one reason I did the Robot thing in the first place: write once audit many. :biggrin:

The steps to do, in order, are roughly:

1. Does Rub & Yawn work for you? You can test this without even reading up on any theory, but you have to DO this: vigorously rub your body for a few minutes, chest, arms, legs, rub your hands together, rub (stockinged) feet on the carpet. This action should produce some kind of visible bodily discharge like yawns, sighing, twitching, stretching like when you're tired or just got up in the morning; the stretching is voluntary but the yawns/sighs etc are involuntary.

If this doesn't work -- and you actually DID rub vigorously for a few minutes by the clock -- then check out these external articles on letting go of stress linked from this PaulsRobot3 Rub & Yawn page section. They should contain the solution, but it isn't instant.

If Rub & Yawn doesn't work for you, then there's no point in trying any of these later steps as they won't work.

2. Have you ever had a successful Rub & Yawn session? Probably the easiest starting point is this video below. Again, you have to DO exactly what it says. If you treat it like watching an exercise video while sprawled on the couch drinking beer it's not going to work. It has proper uploaded subtitles you can turn on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUGCXzY74aI

3. Have you read the theory at PaulsRobot (not PaulsRobot2)? You don't need to have a 100% understanding of all this, but the more the better.

4. Are the pre-session (sessionability) points in hand? This isn't an absolute, but to the extent that they're out the session will tend to fail. Like if you slept two hours last night, just smoked some weed, haven't eaten since yesterday, the TV is blaring, the kids and dogs are all over you, and you aren't willing to follow the instructions anyway, the session isn't going to go anywhere.

5. Are you ABLE to read and follow the instructions? This isn't meant to be an insult, but if your comprehension of written English is poor, and/or you generally prefer to ignore instructions and "find your own way" with things, then it isn't likely to work out well. This includes assuming it's like what you studied in Psych 101 or it's Scientology and you're a classed auditor and know it all anyway.

6. Have you had successful sessions with PaulsRobot (at www.paulsrobot.com) and are pretty familiar with the flow of how the (Trio) Reach & Withdraw, 6-Direction, Rogerian commands work, how to switch between them via the Main Options screen, where Rub & Yawn fits in, how to rapidly fix "shutting down" (= anaten, boil-off, dope-off, suddenly going to sleep), when to stop doing any particular procedure, and when to end the session? Are you familiar with what should get written on a session report? (You can see examples at http://paulsrobot3.com/1st/sample-sessions.htm but they will look like gibberish if you're not familiar with the underlying session procedures). Have you successfully written a session report while the session is ongoing (not afterwards), and been able to keep going with the session actions without getting distracted much?

7. Onto Iconic at PaulsRobot2. Click around, get familiar with the thing, especially get familiar with what the icons mean ("?") and do. The session procedure is meant to be identical to that at PaulsRobot.com, apart from the addition of keeping a session report as the session progresses, but the presentation of options is via icon links rather than word links.

8. Well, OK. Once you've done steps 1-7 it won't be a waste of time to give PaulsRobot Iconic a serious try.

Now, you don't have to do all steps 1-7 to visit PaulsRobot2 and click around and get thoroughly confused while admiring the niftiness of it all, but steps 1-7 is pretty much what it takes to have good sessions with Iconic.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe it could become self-aware if it is modified to run on IBM Watson in the cloud? :coolwink:

You never know. :)

When it gets to be popular, hosting expenses might become a problem. Hopefully by then, solutions will be available that aren't today. Like the Brave browser, hot in development and gradually becoming more usable, should soon(-ish) allow bitcoin micropayments to be made to websites one is visiting. So maybe at some point in the future some huge cloud-computing company like Amazon Web Services will allow bitcoin micropayments that will cover the cost of hosting a website with no extra "profit" going to the publisher. I don't want to make money out of PaulsRobot but I would have to cover web hosting somehow when the cost becomes non-trivial.

-----

PG, are you familiar with javascript? I have a problem with the textbox on Iconic in that the caret (insertion point, where the next typed character will appear) won't scroll down to the end. If you look this up online you see several "solutions," but I've tried all that I've seen and none work with Iconic the way it is set up currently.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Has anyone on ESMB made use of Paul's Robot?

One at a time, please...

Years ago I copied out some posts from ESMB about PaulsRobot / Rub & Yawn etc. Some are in the lower left-hand column on the front page at my Yawnguy site at http://yawnguy.com/. There are others from ESMB posters elsewhere on that page too.

There are even two from Alanzo. Heh. Here's the first one:

I just ran that session and blew charge [i.e. harmful mental energy]! I remembered how much I love auditing [i.e. getting sessions]! Thanks, Paul!! – Alanzo 14/9/07

Paul

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Years ago I copied out some posts from ESMB about PaulsRobot / Rub & Yawn etc. Some are in the lower left-hand column on the front page at my Yawnguy site at http://yawnguy.com/. There are others from ESMB posters elsewhere on that page too.

There are even two from Alanzo. Heh. Here's the first one:
I just ran that session and blew charge [i.e. harmful mental energy]! I remembered how much I love auditing [i.e. getting sessions]! Thanks, Paul!! – Alanzo 14/9/07

Paul

Quite an endorsement there, Paul.:biggrin:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>
PG, are you familiar with javascript? I have a problem with the textbox on Iconic in that the caret (insertion point, where the next typed character will appear) won't scroll down to the end. If you look this up online you see several "solutions," but I've tried all that I've seen and none work with Iconic the way it is set up currently.

Paul

I am not familiar with doing Javascript / ECMAscript.

My career entailed hardware diagnostics and embedded systems apps using assembly language, C, a bit of C++, and Lua.

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: PaulsRobot

I tried Paul's Robot, but I couldn't get it to work.

I prefer public ones to avoid the repetition, one reason I did the Robot thing in the first place: write once audit many. :biggrin:

The steps to do, in order, are roughly:

1. Does Rub & Yawn work for you? ...
When I said I couldn't get it to work, I didn't mean I didn't get any gains from the session; I meant the software didn't do anything -- it just froze.

But I just tried it again and this time I was able to get the software to do something. (I have an updated version of the Iceweasel browser now.) So I'll give it another try.

Helena