What's new

Peek Behind The Curtain

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lots of power struggles that is for sure. Commodores messengers org, of which DM was a 'staff member' of during part of the late 70's and earliy 80's were definitely involved in a lot of those struggles. Not so sure anyone knew all of what was going on all over the place and at different levels, but upheaval there was. Makes perfect scientological sense, A world without war, achieved by constant conflict which carries even to this day.Both internally inside scientology organizations and with the CofS criminal transnational organization and other parts of the non-scientology world.

When the whole world fully realizes the truth that the scientology world cannot be trusted ....then the scientology wars will be finished. El Con did his best but luckily his self directed battlefield earth is but a small match fire when compared to the other battlefield activities here on earth. I am so glad it is being stamped out. Hey davey boy, do you see the big boot in the sky coming down on yah?

Leland

Crusader
Don't know if this fits into this thread....

But there was an entire change and alteration of the Command Structure of the C of $....... (purge)

Bill Franks was the ED Int.....executive director international.....and ran the c of $......

He was gotten rid of.....and believe it or not....a rumor was started that he had been a CIA plant....

(which I thought was the stupidest cult rumor, I had heard in a long time...)

Leland

Crusader
I recall in the early 70's watching a E-Meter reads Tech Film.....several times over....

The lead actor in the film was David Mayo...playing a Sam Spade sort of character...."detecting e-meter reads."

David Mayo had been the top Tech Terminal in the C of S.....

And he certainly was "purged."

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Sorry to be blunt but you never fully left the whole construct. No matter how many words you use to come back at me,, no matter how you frame it, you still use aspects of the stuff that L Ron Hubbard put together in scientology.

Damn right I do. :thumbsup: Not only L Ron Hubbard but also a dozen or more other writers and developers of the subject. Including me myself.

And what I do not do is lurk around and bellyache about how I suffered and how tough it was and all that shit, all the time looking for sympathy wherever I can. I just flick the dirt from my boots and walk on.

You should try it sometime.

Mosay

Patron
Damn right I do. :thumbsup: Not only L Ron Hubbard but also a dozen or more other writers and developers of the subject. Including me myself.

And what I do not do is lurk around and bellyache about how I suffered and how tough it was and all that shit, all the time looking for sympathy wherever I can. I just flick the dirt from my boots and walk on.

"Walk on" to Target 2 will you.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Which is the best book for further reading on this time in the church?

Although it might be, I am not sure it is available in a book. However I have read quite a few blog posts which give details.

I wonder if Veda might be willing to provide some links. Which aspects and time or events period are you interested in?

Mosay

Patron
Although it might be, I am not sure it is available in a book. However I have read quite a few blog posts which give details.

I wonder if Veda might be willing to provide some links. Which aspects and time or events period are you interested in?

The 'purges' as discussed on here recently. Late 70's, early 80's and the takeover of Miscavige.

I don't know much about this period other than the GO scandal and other bits and pieces I've read scattered around. If there's a book that covers this period or even just LRH death and DM's takeover, I'd love to read it!

I know there are many many books on the church, it's difficult to know which one covers what. :unsure:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't know if this fits into this thread....

But there was an entire change and alteration of the Command Structure of the C of $....... (purge)

Bill Franks was the ED Int.....executive director international.....and ran the c of $......

He was gotten rid of.....and believe it or not....a rumor was started that he had been a CIA plant....

(which I thought was the stupidest cult rumor, I had heard in a long time...)

As I recall, the turning point was when the CMO started to purge the GO after the post 77 raid legal stuff approached its inevitable conclusion.

There was no more opposing balance of power. LRH's remaining residual rationality was slipping. OSA was reconstituted in CMO's image. In retrospect it all seems so predictable but if you were in it at the time it was like being a leaf in the wind. I had always wondered, when things would get better, when all this ultimate administrative and spiritual technology that had been pulled off the whole track and finally consolidated into the only way to save humanity and provide spiritual freedom for eternity would manifest within Scientology organization itself? The answer is, ...never.

I have to wonder how this must be for people who are in the middle of it now. The ones who were in it when this all started in the 70s and who are still on staff must be like crazy aunts and uncles in the attic. You don't quite know what to do with them but you sure can't let them go. The history has been deleted like an NSA security level hard drive purge so late comers are just like we were back then. Thinking this is just a fluke, a tough patch that requires lots of emergency all-hands, all-nighters and honorable sacrifice and deprivations to fight off the growing hoard of SPs - who ironically consist mostly of their highly experienced and knowledgeable predecessors.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The 'purges' as discussed on here recently. Late 70's, early 80's and the takeover of Miscavige.

I don't know much about this period other than the GO scandal and other bits and pieces I've read scattered around. If there's a book that covers this period or even just LRH death and DM's takeover, I'd love to read it!

I know there are many many books on the church, it's difficult to know which one covers what. :unsure:

You can't go wrong with "A Piece of Blue Sky" by Jon Atack. He does cover this 1982 - 1989 purge period in pretty good detail.

Mosay

Patron
You can't go wrong with "A Piece of Blue Sky" by Jon Atack. He does cover this 1982 - 1989 purge period in pretty good detail.

Ah thank you. I will pick it up!

Actually his work over at Tony's blog was a huge turning point for me.

His excellent series dismantling of the tech forced that moment to come where it dawned on me just how stupid I had been.

Mercifully he does it with humour.

ethercat

Cat in flight

And thus Leon provides us with a live demonstration of the humanity of Hubbard and those who follow him too closely.

Leon will have a week off to think about things. He can use it either to steep himself in more Hubbardian crapola, or to find some kindness hidden somewhere deep in his soul. The choice is his. He has been politely warned about these types of comments before, but the soft touch apparently didn't work.

Please excuse this interruption and continue the discussion.

Hypatia

Pagan

Hmmm...moving on is good. But don't discount the effects of suffering and needing to talk to others.

Also- don't people "bellyache" in auditing? Like on Arc straight wire...ruds...grades.

I know Ethercat already said something but I wanted to add my two cents.

Anonycat

Crusader
Hmmm...moving on is good. But don't discount the effects of suffering and needing to talk to others.

Also- don't people "bellyache" in auditing? Like on Arc straight wire...ruds...grades.

I know Ethercat already said something but I wanted to add my two cents.

Victims should never complain!

/sarcasm

Ethercat - one
Leon-2 - zero

SLap_Wrist_39523b-Optimized.jpg

Glenda

Crusader
Victims should never complain!

/sarcasm

I won't! I promise. :p

I shall remain silent for the remainder of my life. Yeah right. :wink2:

So much I could say but I won't because this is a great thread. :)

Tags:
Self-control
Impulse-control
Dignified silence
Saving energy for shit that really matters

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Ethercat - one
Leon-2 - zero

SLap_Wrist_39523b-Optimized.jpg

Oh what a wuss!

My dad would oft tell us the story of how the catholic brothers at his school would use a yardstick on edge over his knuckles for writing with his left hand. If that wasn't available, it would be the giant ring of huge iron keys instead.

Foot ruler makes him a sook.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
More on the subject of purging circa 1983. I have seen some of these people reappear on post afterwards so they must have done their A to E to get reinstated:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/declared-SP-list.txt

Title: List of Declared SPs from SOED 2192 of Jan. 27, 1983
Author: Warrior
Date: 31 Aug 2000

On January 27, 1983, the "church" of Scientology published Sea Organization
Executive Directive [SOED] 2192. The SOED contains the names of over 600
individuals who were declared "suppressive persons" [SPs] during 1982 and
the first three weeks of 1983.

In this posting ("List of Declared SPs") I have listed all of the names
of those persons who were declared "SP" by the "church". Where a known
mis-spelling of an individual's name has occurred, I have indicated the
correct spelling in brackets following the original mis-spelling. Please
let me know of any omissions or incorrect information.

(See link for list)

phenomanon

Canyon
You don't think there was a purge within management by DM? OK. I stand corrected.

Pat and Annie Broeker were shunted aside, there weren't others though?

Maybe I need to look up the word "purge". I think of it as having volume
so I looked it up.
I was thinking of the hundreds of us who left in the specific timeframe of the early 80's. Of course, there were Missions and all that shit going on, but in general , only a few people at a time were 'purged'. The GO was 'purged' according to COS, but in reality, GO was simply re-named, and some of those GO guys are still in cos.

sorry I misunderstood the word.

Whatever happened to creepy Don Larson? Last I knew, he was around the Seattle area somewhere making cabinets. That was years ago.
He was at a FZ meeting here ( at Jeannie Hanson's Center) and he was confronted by a Field Auditor there about breaking into their practice and making a scene. He said he was just doing his job.