What's new

People of Colour ...

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm a person of color. The top half of that chart rings true to me, but the bottom half does not. All people and all ethnicities are guilty of those things - not just whites.

Victimology is a worse trap than Scientology, in my opinion.
If I were not a person of colour nobody could see me :D

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Yeah ... you are so important that we're all sitting in rows jeering and attempting to 'marginalize' you ... for fun!

We are.

We really, really are.

Yawn.
I think what is commonly thought of as "snarky" board behavior, whether by her or not, is the tendency former staff and public alike have to renew bonds with the friends and acquaintances they had when still in once they join this board.
It's understandable, however, when you think of the restored feelings of comfort one has when realizing that these former friends are still around and through the miracle of the internet can be communicated with at depths you never had the chance to while still in!
People have a natural tendency to show their friends support, at least initially, until they get on opposite sides of key issues.
People unfamiliar with that which mysteriously bonds all these disparate souls together on a message board often feel a sense of bewilderment at the out-pour of negative feedback and emoticons from largely unfamiliar avatars that seem to jump out of nowhere when you cross or even just disagree with one of their loosely formed group.
And they were trained/conditioned sycophants to the core, and to "always attack, never defend".
But if someone understands the psychic bonds these unions of souls have retained from their Scientology days then one is spared from taking the piling on and snarky sniping, that one would otherwise entirely misunderstand, nearly as seriously.
It's all OK and entirely normal considering the circumstances and entrancement people endured for the most part, to varying degrees, while in and you do get somewhat immune to the rest.

Last edited: