What's new

Perth Ideal Org

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello my lovelies! Long time...

The local rag tells us that the Perth Ideal Org may be underway shortly. https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/26696580/scientology-plans-6m-church/

The address is
27-33 Cleaver Terrace RIVERVALE.

Here's the status of the application as shown on the City of Belmont site:

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 4.28.29 pm.jpg

The development application has been referred to the state Planning Commission's Development Assessment Panel. It's on the agenda of the DAP for 31 March 2015. It can be accessed here: http://daps.planning.wa.gov.au/5907.asp

(See the agenda (no 95) for 31 March 2015. If you download it in parts, their application begins on page 146, which is page 6 of part 8.)

Here are some photos of the building I took today from Google Maps. It is at the corner of Belmont Avenue and Cleaver Road.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.45.08 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.45.17 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.48.29 pm.jpg

Here's what is across Cleaver Terrace to the south - (GE and others):

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.45.34 pm.jpg

tetloj

There goes the neighbourhood.

I'd write a submission to the City of Belmont, but what could we mention? It's not like they're going to cause a traffic problem.

:roflmao:

It's a couple of blocks in from a pretty major thoroughfare, but otherwise, quite tucked away.

That area is pretty much a light industrial wasteland from memory (I used to travel past there frequently to and from the airport) unless it's picked up in the last couple of years. Far from the historical landmarks of other cities in the US / Europe.

Seems an appropriate place for Scientology to go to die.

Not very upstat at all

Last edited:

Cherished

I agree with you, tetloj. The land is currently zoned mixed business. There are no nearby residences. They won't bother anyone there.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I agree with you, tetloj. The land is currently zoned mixed business. There are no nearby residences. They won't bother anyone there.

Aha! Time for the next level in Scientology dissemination: Free Stress Test Drones! Quadcopters equipped with e-meters and vidcams/mics so that the "drone operator" back at the org can navigate around and talk with the public. What could possibly go wrong?

Paul

Fred Basset

Patron
Hello,

First post here.

Some news: Ideal Org opening event is happening as I speak.

Funnily enough, I was just having a look at latest Rinder blog and saw promo under weekly funnies for the Perth opening for today at 1pm.

It was then about 2pm. So I went for a drive down to Belmont or Rivervale or whichever suburb exactly the location is and saw the big building with a big red ribbon on the side.
Parked and walked to get a view over into the stage and area with people standing around. Then after another minute a countdown ..3...2...1....bang. And some confetti burst up in the air. So that was good timing.

I have been confused over reports that the Org moved out of town and into light industrial zone of Rivervale on Cleaver St. This is the place that is mentioned and photographed above. It seems that that must have only been temporary as the actual "Ideal Org" is a much much bigger building quite near by. Only a few hundred metres away I think.

So a bit confusing. This place, sorry no photo, but has pictures on web in places, it is very large.

Fred

FoTi

Crusader
Hello,

First post here.

Some news: Ideal Org opening event is happening as I speak.

Funnily enough, I was just having a look at latest Rinder blog and saw promo under weekly funnies for the Perth opening for today at 1pm.

It was then about 2pm. So I went for a drive down to Belmont or Rivervale or whichever suburb exactly the location is and saw the big building with a big red ribbon on the side.
Parked and walked to get a view over into the stage and area with people standing around. Then after another minute a countdown ..3...2...1....bang. And some confetti burst up in the air. So that was good timing.

I have been confused over reports that the Org moved out of town and into light industrial zone of Rivervale on Cleaver St. This is the place that is mentioned and photographed above. It seems that that must have only been temporary as the actual "Ideal Org" is a much much bigger building quite near by. Only a few hundred metres away I think.

So a bit confusing. This place, sorry no photo, but has pictures on web in places, it is very large.

Fred
Is this it?

http://www.scientology-perth.org/

Fred Basset

Patron
Thanks. I did not see that yesterday when searching Perth Org website.

It is interesting ofcourse to see the photo of crowd at the grand opening. Massively photoshopped.

[bcolor=transparent]After per[/bcolor]
suing Rinder's blog b
[bcolor=transparent]ack t[/bcolor]
hrough all posts and comments I was therefore aware of the practice of photoshopping crowds for events such as this.

So I was somewhat expecting to see this happen for Perth as well.

If you look there is a bit of a line of space about halfway back from the front. A bit of a gap. Well tht is the actual back of the whole crowd. Behind them was all empty space. I estimated about 60 people there.

I guess it is no longer surprising to a lot of people.

It actually was a good size for Perth, I don't know what the need for computer enhancing is.

Fred