ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Peter Boghossian, A Manual for Creating Atheists

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by chipgallo, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

After watching Chris Shelton interview Anthony Magnabosco on the subject of Street Epistemology, I quickly acquired the Kindle edition of Dr. Boghossian's book. Talk about a cult proofing primer ... it reminds me of what I was looking for when Scientology's flypaper caught me.

Only 2 chapters in (and noticing the extensive notes at the bottom of the 2nd chapter), I am feeling a lot more positive about the world situation and steps needed to improve things. Chris gets some excellent Subject Matter Experts for his podcasts!

2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I am an atheist.

I am not yet too thrilled with how Anthony Magnabosco does his thing. (Maybe he will get better in the future.)

1. On one episode of "The Atheist Experience" Matt had to take-over answering theist calls when Anthony didn't know how to respond.

2. In one video, on the street, with Anthony talking to a theist (Christian?) he would not answer the theist's questions toward him.

(I haven't read Boghossian's book yet.)

3. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

Haven't watched anyone doing this "in the street" yet. I am more of a "read it, drill it, do it" guy. Hmmm, wonder where that came from ...

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Please comment on your various thoughts about that book after you finish reading it. :)