What's new

Philosophy (including Scientology) in one lesson.

I've noticed that this message board slightly misled me with it's title.
It's not only ex-scientologists here, it's also, ex-scientology scientologists. That's cleared up some confusion.
My mistake.
Still don't like labels though.
I'm glad we're all welcome.

don't like labels?

what about jim beam?

that's a fine label innit?

It would appear some people are " stuck in the win " of $cientology.

Can any of you imagine a sadder lifetime ?

I think I've got the sadness of this saying to have left $cn but saying & proclaiming $cn is "right ".

So be it. Think the past is the solution to your future.

I only ask " So how is that working for you " ?

check out my body of work on this board

i've been far ranging in the forty years since leaving fcdc. don't often have any of it on my mind. but when it is time to shift into auditor gear to get someone ungunked i do and i do.

and

i'm a very oaty kinda guy; a high charismatic if you will, downright psychedelic and dropping acid is but one of the things i do that would make steam come out of The Qual Sec's ears

or smoke...

or flames...

and i think maybe at the best of it i could get boiling lava to flow out onto his shoulders

You'll recognise this then eh CB?

View attachment 7739

pranksters?

yeah...

i know some pranksters...

with precise calibration The Fates have doled out to birdsong one each small scene with The Big Three. cassady completes The Big Four just as he did with lucien, jack and ginsberg, the original beatniks but he was dead before i arrived. i mostly know moriarty through the window of The Caliph who was a teenager in the '49 hudson in the california night, neal at the wheel, jack in the back and mason williams and billy burroughs blowing into the valley roadhouse doing their poetry for beers with the dean taking out the glass ampule of liquid methedrine from the mail order house in chicago busting it open and pouring it in his suds. The Caliph did his turn at la honda but mostly his legend is woven out of emmet grogan/digger rather than kesey/merry prankster and ran a string of mississippi mudbug madness girls down in the big easy and papered some bank for half a mil and even to the spores of Desert Storm when the pow-wow in alphabet city turned war council when the marine colonel and his sidekick came by to wash dishes...

i ran into mountain girl five or six years ago. what a great lady! in her sixties but looks in her forties and has the vitality/vivacity/fluid grace of a woman in her twenties. sipped white wine with ken babbs after the the signing of "who killed the water buffalo?" at the booksmith. 75 years old but tall (6-3 maybe) erect, healthy very easygoing and alive. i told him "i know who killed the water buffalo!" and laughed and said "you would not believe how many vets have come up to me and said they know who killed the water buffalo..." and i hooked up with kesey...

manana...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
pranksters?

yeah...

with precise calibration The Fates have doled out to birdsong one each small scene with The Big Three. cassady completes The Big Four just as he did with lucien, jack and ginsberg, the original beatniks but he was dead before i arrived. i mostly know moriarty through the window of The Caliph who was a teenager in the '49 hudson in the california night, neal at the wheel, jack in the back and mason williams and billy burroughs blowing into the valley roadhouse doing their poetry for beers with the dean taking out the glass ampule of liquid methedrine from the mail order house in chicago busting it open and pouring it in his suds. The Caliph did his turn at la honda but mostly his legend is woven out of emmet grogan/digger rather than kesey/merry prankster and ran a string of mississippi mudbug madness girls down in the big easy and papered some bank for half a mil and even to the spores of Desert Storm when the pow-wow in alphabet city turned war council when the marine colonel and his sidekick came by to wash dishes...

i ran into mountain girl five or six years ago. what a great lady! in her sixties but looks in her forties and has the vitality/vivacity/fluid grace of a woman in her twenties. sipped white wine with ken babbs after the the signing of "who killed the water buffalo?" at the booksmith. 75 years old but tall (6-3 maybe) erect, healthy very easygoing and alive. i told him "i know who killed the water buffalo!" and laughed and said "you would not believe how many vets have come up to me and said they know who killed the water buffalo..." and i hooked up with kesey...

manana...
Can I have your autograph?

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Originally Posted by Gizmo

" I have spoken to people who were on the Apollo when children were put in the chain locker for several days at a time. People I've come to trust saw them put in there. heard them cry. Snuck them food."

... the kids were uncomfortable but unharmed. check out any big city ER for children coming in battered, burned, slashed, poisoned dead or dying or quite [sic] kvetching about harmless misdemeanors forty years ago ...

this is why I don't like you, Birdsong.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Commander Birdsong

hubbard's "crimes" are VASTLY exagerated and embellished...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Commander Birdsong

... the kids were uncomfortable but unharmed. check out any big city ER for children coming in battered, burned, slashed, poisoned dead or dying or quite [sic] kvetching about harmless misdemeanors forty years ago ...

Seriously . . . (and I do mean seriously), you should think about finding another hobby other than visiting this message board. I don't think it's doing you any good.

I've had you on "ignore" for quite a while but these postings of yours slipped through.

Very disturbing. :no:

Think about it. There are hundreds of other hobbies and pastimes that you might want to think about taking up. It'd be good for you.

Just some friendly advice. :yes:

At your first line I realized the truth is not something you are able to be in touch with.

For anything else you might have had to say? I wish you well for here on out.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

i am well grounded in scientific method and use it for scientific research into cancer for one thing

what's the problem?

i'm also a poet. scientific method can or cannot apply to a poem

i'm a christiam mystic. mysticism transcends scientific method

i'm a practical student of astrology. astrology is parascientific

i'm also a high charismatic or psychedelic ranger or "OT" so who gives a fuck about science, balls to the wall make it happen...

Originally Posted by Gizmo

" I have spoken to people who were on the Apollo when children were put in the chain locker for several days at a time. People I've come to trust saw them put in there. heard them cry. Snuck them food."

this is why I don't like you, Birdsong.

what's not to like olska? i don't treat children that way nor do i condone it. i'm rully rully good with children

you don't like me because i don't learn to hate very useful and practical ideas because hubbard turned grouchy with children after '68?

he famously fed barbituates to his kids in the thirties but from the early fifties until he goes to sea there's only a little gruffness with quentin reported. i've seen the order he issued on the apollo. it basically just said "keep the brats out of my way". makes sense.

some children cried forty years ago and you don't like me because i don't get my knickers in a twist about it? i'm in present time addressing conditions in a world where 35,000 children die every day. about half of them from dehydration caused by diarrhea from dirty water but hundreds from bombs landmines guns and parental battering and i should be upset because some kids who are living interesting lives today cried forty years ago?

Seriously . . . (and I do mean seriously), you should think about finding another hobby other than visiting this message board. I don't think it's doing you any good.

I've had you on "ignore" for quite a while but these postings of yours slipped through.

Very disturbing. :no:

Think about it. There are hundreds of other hobbies and pastimes that you might want to think about taking up. It'd be good for you.

Just some friendly advice. :yes:

put me back on ignore...

strativarius

write me a check. it'll be on the back...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by strativarius

Can I have your autograph?
I've got the autograph of a one-time winner of the Boston Marathon on a $1 bill. You're in Boston, maybe you could do the same? (And I don't mean win the marathon.)

BTW. Some of that post sounded like it could have been written by JK himself.

PS: I haven't read 'Who Shot the Water Buffalo', but if it's half as good as Michael Herr's 'Despatches' it'll be a helluva book!

Last edited:
I've got the autograph of a one-time winner of the Boston Marathon on a $1 bill. You're in Boston, maybe you could do the same?

BTW. Some of that post sounded like it could have been written by JK himself.

thank you very very much. of course i was blowing words out my kazoo reading from jack's score sheets off my own experience with people who knew him

PM me your mailing address and i'll send you an autograph...

pranksters?

yeah...

manana...

...out at fort mason in '95. he was down from oregon in his white '71 ragtop caddy with red leather interior and texas longhorns mounted on the hood for a big boho rally in support of jan kerouac in her fight over jack's papers and literary legacy. i am such a hick from the sticks gollywogger i was thrilled to chat with the non-navigator but i stayed fairly cool. he knew my work as he said the HALJ often showed up in his toilet. i've often used this in my sales pitch on the street "great for reading in the toilet, read one or two every time you sit on the can and then it's there if you run out of toilet paper. that's where kesey would read it, told me so himself." i got him to autograph a copy for mcintyre's old lady indigo, our main editor. i guess the moment got me "synched in" with kese 'cause of what happened in murdo south dakota when he croaked...

strativarius

...out at fort mason in '95. he was down from oregon in his white '71 ragtop caddy with red leather interior and texas longhorns mounted on the hood for a big boho rally in support of jan kerouac in her fight over jack's papers and literary legacy. i am such a hick from the sticks gollywogger i was thrilled to chat with the non-navigator but i stayed fairly cool. he knew my work as he said the HALJ often showed up in his toilet. i've often used this in my sales pitch on the street "great for reading in the toilet, read one or two every time you sit on the can and then it's there if you run out of toilet paper. that's where kesey would read it, told me so himself." i got him to autograph a copy for mcintyre's old lady indigo, our main editor. i guess the moment got me "synched in" with kese 'cause of what happened in murdo south dakota when he croaked...
Cool. Is any of your work in the HALJ online? I looked, but all I get is an Australian General WB.

Cool. Is any of your work in the HALJ online? I looked, but all I get is an Australian General WB.

i thought babbs book was sorta lame but don't tell him i said so...

now the story of how i learned of my namesake is a weird tale...

where you at?

i'll stop in on you when i'm in yer neighborhood

strativarius

i thought babbs book was sorta lame but don't tell him i said so...

now the story of how i learned of my namesake is a weird tale...

where you at?

i'll stop in on you when i'm in yer neighborhood
Yes, the reviews of the book that I read weren't too good, but then Kesey is a tough act to follow.

You wouldn't want to come to my neighbourhood CB, it's full of weirdos and drug addicts.

Last edited:

gbuck

oxymoron

Commander, I see your’e chewin’ the cud’n’philosiphising the way through the stream takes me way back. Sorry, gotta snap out of it….had on the road here somewhere…..may ‘ave left it back in the 60’s……….before the scio crap kicked in…….emerging into the light…...just about now…..nearly there!