What's new

Photo-essay: Scientology - Happy Thursday Before 2:00 PM

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

JennyAtLAX: Happy Thursday Before 2:00 PM

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/happy-thursday-before-200-pm/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on Scientology. For this report, I camped out for a few hours recently on a Thursday morning around Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the Church of Scientology’s West Coast headquarters.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/happy-thursday-before-200-pm/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on Scientology. For this report, I camped out for a few hours recently on a Thursday morning around Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the Church of Scientology’s West Coast headquarters.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

That is one sad page. Thanks.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks for that excerpt, and thank you to Jenny at LAX for the pix. Having spent so many years around that area, it's nice to see how it looks now (much the same).

Is the girl on the right wearing a BEEPER on her belt? You know, those things that were hi-tech in the 80s? I guess she doesn't rate an actual cell phone.

25%202016-01-14%20DSC02381A_zpsvbh3lzfs.jpg

EDIT: I never wore a beeper. I used to think (late 80s) they were sorta cool as many people in OSA Int wore one until I found out it's more like a ball and chain, rendering one on-call 24/7. Not only that, it often meant the recipient of a beep had to pay for a phone call (when they were out and about as OSA peeps sometimes are) to call in without ever getting reimbursed for it.

Paul

Last edited: