Photo of PAC RPF male dorm, 38 bunks, early 07

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
http://tinyurl.com/yrcwyh

This photo was taken sometime in early 2007.

This is at the complex, the big blue building in LA, 2nd floor, the
light coming in the window on the right is from the Catalina street
side of what is called the "west wing" of the complex, the west wing
of the big blue building, in other words.

This dorm holds 38 men on the Los Angeles Sea Org RPF (Rehabilitation
Project Force). One sees the stacks of triple high bunk beds (at
least they cut it down from the 4 high bunks that were in some of the
other rooms).

Anyone walking or driving on Catalina St side of the complex's west
wing, 2nd floor, you might see those stacks of bunk beds depending on
the window shades being open or not.

PAC Security is responsible for leaking this photo. OSA people and
Security people need to step up and defect and spill the behind the
scene beans!

Defect and share the ongoing history.

Aaron Mason, if you are out, I'd love to hear from you!

Chuck Beatty
332 Boroview St
Carnegie, PA, 15106

Chuck Beatty
Ex-Sea Org (lifetime staffer, 1975-2003)
Flag Dec 1975-Jun 1983 (TTC, Sup, Word Clearer, D of T, etc.)
Int Base 1983-1984 (Routing Forms Pjt)
Snr HCO Int in the FB in LA 1984-87 Re-Training (Int and LA) 87-88
Int Training Org, LA 88 (Sec Checker Sup)
LRH Tech Research and Comps, CMO Int, (Sept 88-Feb 89)
Int RPF (Feb-Mar 89)
PAC RPF (Mar-May 89)
Int Training Org (May-Sept 89) (Admin Sup)
INCOMM Sep 89-Sept 90 (Routing Forms Pjt)
INCOMM Sept 90-May92 (Computer Room LA & Int)
ASI May 92-Dec95 (Computer Room, In-Training Esto)
Decks Int (Dec 95-Jun 96)
Int RPF (Jun 96-Nov 2000)
PAC RPF (Nov 2000-Mar2003)
Routed out March 29, 2003.
Join XSO and network to old Sea Org friends:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSO/
Chuckbeatty77 @aol.com
http://www.freewebs.com/chuckbeatty77/
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05205/542899.stm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
I live in Pittsburgh, anyone feel free to call
me anytime: 412-260-1170

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Chuck,

I just saw this same post to ars and checked out the photo.

Were you ever housed in there?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ah, home sweet home!

I spent a month or so in there in 1996. I was in a top bunk about halfway down the room, with my head one foot away from the outlet of a one foot wide ventilation pipe. Just a bare pipe: no grille or anything on the end of it, just a big noisy, draughty hole.

Hey, I just thought of this, maybe I should have crawled up it to escape the RPF guard sitting at the desk by the stairs all night. :)

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Ah, home sweet home!

I spent a month or so in there in 1996. I was in a top bunk about halfway down the room, with my head one foot away from the outlet of a one foot wide ventilation pipe. Just a bare pipe: no grille or anything on the end of it, just a big noisy, draughty hole.

Hey, I just thought of this, maybe I should have crawled up it to escape the RPF guard sitting at the desk by the stairs all night. :)

Paul

You JUST NOW thought of this??

Doh!
:duh::duh:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Brings back uh, oh so fond memories. Sigh. Wow. The good ol' days. But I am gonna have to say that they got much more space than they used to if that is a current photo. When I was there, that was about what the regular staff dorms looked like. RPF would have been more packed in. Not so much walking space. They would have fit in more bunks (when I had a room like that, we had 1/2 that much walking space - that is in the RPF. In regular Sea Org berthing, it looked pretty much how it does in the photo).

Sometimes they take photos of rooms grossly flunking inspections and posting them around the base on bulletin boards (not where public can see them). They also take photos of rooms of "how it should look" and post them around. THis is one of the "how it should look" photos, except normally they would not let that box be in the pic because it attracts roaches.:eyeroll:

Yes I was on the RPF a couple of times in my SO career and there was always that stack of bunks except one time when we had berthing in the parking structure. We slept on old mattresses on the ground.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes I was on the RPF a couple of times in my SO career and there was always that stack of bunks except one time when we had berthing in the parking structure. We slept on old mattresses on the ground.

Mattresses? You got mattresses?!!

Why, when I ....

Paul

Just curious, for those of you who spent time in the RPF, what were the reasons, and what determined how long you had to stay on it? It seems like the Sea Org just has a silly high turnover rate in general. Seems like I know a bunch of people that had brief to several year stints before being routed out for one reason or another, and those are all people that would still consider themselves Scientologists.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Also, for Chuck, how on earth can you be in the SO for 27 years and never get past Grade O???

Easy. I was in it for duty motivations. I figured we were truly making OTs, real OTs, and I took what LRH said literally. I was submissive, I was "literal" in the LRH bad sense.

I was a librarian mind type of person. The tech, what LRH said, rather 'admin' was my area of greatest familiarity.

Here's my short track:

a) Failed auditor (2 years in the making)
b) Admin Course Sup/word clearer (5 years, overall half way decent)
c) "Routing Forms" project (almost 5 years, put my "admin" knowledge to use)
d) Computer area (button pusher, not a programmer, 5 years)
e) miscelaneous (3-4 years, like re-training, more course supping)
f) 6-7 years, Decks and RPF

I had thousands and thousands of hours of auditing on the RPF.

I attested to Clear back in 1980, then un-attested Clear, then started re-doing my Grades, and stuck at Grade 0 since once I got into the mood for being "honest" about attesting to achieving a Scn grade, I never attested to one ever again, from 1984 onwards.

I did the Happiness Rundown, Objectives 3 or 4 times.

On the RPF in 1996 to 2003, I did about 400 to 600 hours on the Truth Rundown, to no avail, never attested. I did the "Left Side" Expanded Dianetics Rundowns though. Tried to attest, but they wouldn't allow me to attest. Did Qual Grades. All on the RPF. Did about a zillion sec checks and Basic Form FPRD.

I was in the movement for so long, that about 15 years into the Sea Org, I realized that so many of us weren't going OT, that actually what it looked like was that NOT making it to OT was the rule.

So I got my "wins" being a librarian in my head with LRH's admin writings.

And I assumed we were making OTs who could freely exterioize with full perception at will, which is what I thought NOTs (OT 5) completions were capable of, since the advertisement posters showing the high altitude photos of planets and so forth, I thought that that meant OTs were getting exterior and having great perception and flying around like supermen, like I thought was the case from day one, after reading in Creation of Human Ability about the process where the audtior directs the pc to fly around the solar system on the "Grand Tour" process.

I was so "polite" I didn't ask any of the "OTs" if they could exteriorize at will with full perception and fly around at will. I figured that was case inval, and also I figured all the other arguments, like they weren't supposed to tell if they could do this, etc, etc.

I believed in the OT states prior to SCn, since other practices talk and claim they can produce out of the body experiences. Carlos Castaneda in his books about Mexican sorcery which were popular books in the hippie drug days of the late 1960s, early 1970s, Castaneda claimed to learn how to "fly" from his mentor sorcerer, Don Juan! I read Theosophy books that talked about astral walking. I mean I was already sold that exteriorization was a real thing.

It wasn't until I was ON the Int RPF, and read the Encyclopedia Britannica articles relating to "Mysticism" did I discover that throughout the long thousands of years of humankind's history, these other people who got into exteriorization, they couldn't really control it, it was NOT something people do at will. Plotinus for instance, the neo-platonic wise man of around 300 AD, he only exteriorized a couple times, and his exteriorization experiences did the same thing to him, jazzed him all up about these high mental states, and I saw that practice for practice, it's the same story. A couple have glorious experiences that they sell to others, and everyone goes charging for these mental states, but no one's demonstrating these OT powers.

It's hype and hope, and in people's heads, not much convincing proof.

So after I read that article, things accumulated more and more, and I have just left this whole field of OT stuff alone. It's just not real.

There's nobody exteriorizing freely, no one can exteriorize and come visit me, and say hi, nor make me suddenly email whoever it is that visits me.

It just ain't real. It's in people's heads.

Our world would be transformed if the OT stuff were real.

I just got into hoping and never stopped hoping, until I stopped hoping, and now I'm out with no plans of doing anything, since it's all in people's heads, my opinion.

It was such a good thing though, if it were true. So I was always for it, the OT states and exteriorization, and immortality of the soul, sounds great!

I don't believe it now though.

I'm entirely back to being an atheist and I believe in the man from mud theory.