What's new

Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney served with Restraining Order by Scientology member

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney served with Restraining Order by Scientology member.

Tony Ortega: Fred Haseney hit with a summons as Scientologist seeks restraining order

http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/26/da...rida-its-the-scientology-social-media-review/

[Photographs omitted from excerpt.]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

By Tony Ortega, June 26, 2016

Fred G. Haseney, a former Scientologist who has been documenting Scientology’s activities in Los Angeles with photography, was served papers yesterday which indicate that a church member is seeking a restraining order against him for stalking her.

Scientology employee Beatriz Castro Macias, represented by Scientology’s in-house attorney, Kendrick Moxon, is seeking the restraining order because, she claims, Haseney followed her home after his protests against the church.

Haseney denies that he’s stalked or followed Macias, a person he doesn’t know by that name.

“I have never followed her home and have no idea what she’s talking about. I’ve never gone to her place of work repeatedly and I’ve never stalked her there. Everything she has said is not truthful,” Haseney tells us. “I have only said ‘hello’ when she happened to walk by. Scientology and the Sea Org just don’t want me anywhere near PAC Base, and getting Beatriz to play along with their hijinks is just another bad thing that they’re going to be remembered for.”

He noted that the home address Beatriz listed — the one she says Fred surveilled — is a well known Sea Org berthing in the area, a set of apartments owned by the church and known as the Anthony Building. He denies ever following her home to the building, or in any other way casing it like her complaint proposes.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

The following is a long, detailed article. I will excerpt only the introduction.

Jenny at LAX: Scientology the Bully—Part 1—CH-100—A Request for Civil Harassment Restraining Order Against Me

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...ivil-harassment-restraining-order-against-me/

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. I normally report from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters, located on L. Ron Hubbard Way (“LRH Way”). I can’t go anywhere near a scientology facility for fear of being arrested.

A stranger served me a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”), at 6:15 PM, Saturday, June 25, 2016, in the parking lot outside Rite Aid, located at 1637 N. Vermont Ave., in Los Angeles. Just a few blocks away from PAC Base, as four individuals gathered to prepare for a peaceful protest against scientology, a well-fed man with a huge, hospital-issued bandage over his left cheek served me with papers that sent me home. And as I prepared to take a picture of the guy, he sped away. As I arrived at the location, and before the other protesters arrived, I discovered a spy across the street, apparently sent to scout the location in order to tell the Process Server that it would be safe to proceed in serving me.

Now that I’ve been served with a TRO, there is nothing whatsoever I can do to get it off my public record.

Thanks, scientology.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Re: Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney served with Restraining Order by Scientology memb

Restraining orders are meant for real situations only a lowlife would abuse it

Pathetic losers

guanoloco

As-Wased
Re: Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney served with Restraining Order by Scientology memb

Restraining orders are meant for real situations only a lowlife would abuse it

Pathetic losers

The same can be said of "religious status". Scientology has a negative worth, negative integrity and negative honor to only be outdone by Islam.

Fred - if you live across the street from the complex and you are constantly taking and posting photos of them, what exactly did you expect the church would do?

My dad said - if you are going to walk in the swamp, don't cry over mud on your boots.

I post on ESMB and occasionally on Mike Rinder or Tony O, so when they 3Ped me to a friend of mine and got him to disconnect after showing him some posts I made here, what the hell exactly did I have to bitch about? Mean OSA? Had I never bothered to post here, I'd still be in com with him.

I agree they will likely lose if you can prove there's no evidence you knew her, or followed her, but dude - when you toss brick bats at the gorilla in the room, you must know on some level, it will throw shit back at you.

I feel for you nevertheless,

Mimsey

CommunicatorIC

Fred - if you live across the street from the complex and you are constantly taking and posting photos of them, what exactly did you expect the church would do?

My dad said - if you are going to walk in the swamp, don't cry over mud on your boots.

I post on ESMB and occasionally on Mike Rinder or Tony O, so when they 3Ped me to a friend of mine and got him to disconnect after showing him some posts I made here, what the hell exactly did I have to bitch about? Mean OSA? Had I never bothered to post here, I'd still be in com with him.

I agree they will likely lose if you can prove there's no evidence you knew her, or followed her, but dude - when you toss brick bats at the gorilla in the room, you must know on some level, it will throw shit back at you.
What a vile, loathsome, disgusting, and reprehensible comment. I simply cannot find the words, I cannot adequately express my complete and utter contempt and disdain for every victim blaming, "you pulled it in" word expressed in the portion quoted above. My disgust and contempt knows no bounds. Infinity has been exceeded.

I will not, of course, here apply the principles of existentialism to quoted portion of the comment.

Last edited:

What a vile, loathsome, disgusting, and reprehensible comment. I simply cannot find the words, I cannot adequately express my complete and utter contempt and disdain for every victim blaming, "you pulled it in" word expressed in the portion quoted above. My disgust and contempt knows no bounds. Infinity has been exceeded.

I will not, of course, here apply the principles of existentialism to quoted portion of the comment.
I never said he pulled it in, nor do I believe that philosophy. It is complete bullshit - I did say if you are going to prod a bear with a flaming stick and you get reaction, maybe you did something to cause that reaction. They are similar, but not the same. The first is an airy fairy karma-centric theta level woo woo proposition that has no provable a-b causation. The other is a simple cause and effect proposition.

PS - nor do I think he is a victim.

Mimsey

CommunicatorIC

7/15: Hearing on Scientologist's request for Restraining Order against Fred Haseney

7/15/16: Hearing on Scientologist's request for Restraining Order against Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney.

The post at Jenny at LAX is very informative. I will excerpt below the bare minimum information.

Jenny at LAX: Scientology the Bully—Part 2—CH-109—Notice of My Court Hearing

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...lly-part-2-ch-109-notice-of-my-court-hearing/

[SNIP]

One-hundred yards keeps me away from:

The Advanced Organization of Los Angeles (“AOLA”), located at 1306 L. Ron Hubbard Way (“LRH Way”);
The American Saint Hill Organization (“ASHO”), 1413 LRH Way;
The Continental Liaison Organization (“CLO”), 1308 LRH Way;
The Fountain, apartment homes for out-of-town scientologists, located at the corner of Fountain Ave. and LRH Way;
The International Association of Scientologists (“IAS”), located at Fountain Ave;
The Los Angeles Organization (“LA Org”), 4810 W, Sunset Blvd;
The Pacific Grill & Barbecue (“PGB”), located on LRH Way.

The Temporary restraining (which reduced that distance from 100-yards to 50-yards) also keeps me away from Catalina St. A smart observer (aka Tony Ortega) also pointed out how futile protesting anywhere else would be because scientology will just transfer Beatriz Castro Macias to Celebrity Centre International (“CCI”), located at 5930 Franklin Ave., if I should show up to protest there.

[SNIP]

1%20SB-Pt2-CH109_zpshbuxqwbz.jpg

2%20SB-Pt2-CH109_zpsvx0ja0hn.jpg

3%20SB-Pt2-CH109_zpsmbrp24dj.jpg

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

image.jpg

It just sucks to be him right now:/

CommunicatorIC

Funded Justice project to support Fred Haseney in fight against alleged Scientology legal harassment.

Funded Justice: Help Fred Win

https://www.fundedjustice.com/en/projects/31852-Help-Fred-Win

A stranger served me a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”), at 6:15 PM, Saturday, June 25, 2016, in the parking lot outside Rite Aid, located at 1637 N. Vermont Ave., in Los Angeles. This happened just a few blocks away from the the Pacific Area Command Base ("PAC Base"), the church of scientology's west coast headquarters. As four individuals gathered to prepare for a peaceful protest against scientology, a well-fed man with a huge, hospital-issued bandage over his left cheek served me with papers that sent me home. And as I prepared to take a picture of the guy, he sped away. As I arrived at the location, and before the other protesters arrived, I discovered a spy across the street, apparently sent to scout the location in order to tell the Process Server that it would be safe to proceed in serving me.

Who is my accuser, Beatriz Castro Macias?

Your guess is as good as mine. Initially, I thought Beatriz also went by the name of “Daisy,” but Beatriz, as indicated at the bottom of page 2 of this document, is actually Daisy’s friend. That means that Beatriz is most likely a Body Router (“BR”) for the Los Angeles Organization (“LA Org”), located at 4810 W. Sunset Blvd. But, I’ve taken thousands of pictures at and around PAC Base, documenting scientology’s activities.

Beatriz Castro Macias is a Sea Org member. Kendrick Moxon is a big-time lawyer for scientology.

Beatriz Castro Macias: “I don’t know how he knows me. He is often near my home and work.”

I don’t know who she is. I don’t know where she lives. I only assume that (a) she’s a Body Router, and (b) works at LA Org.

The form asks, “When did it [the harassment] happen?” Beatriz Castro Macias: “More than 20 times over the last 4 months.”

Beatriz Castro Macias: “He has come to my place of work repeatedly and stalked me there, watching me, calling to me and pointing at me.”

I don’t know who she is. I don’t where she works. She happens to be one of hundreds of people of whom I’ve taken thousands of photos of scientology’s activities at various scientology facilities all over Southern California.

Beatriz Castro Macias: “He has followed me from near my home to my work in the early morning.”

This is not true. I didn’t know where she lived, not before I received TRO.

Beatriz Castro Macias: “I don’t know how he found out where I lived but he must have followed me home.”

This is an incorrect assumption on her part. As a Sea Org member, I’m sure she works and/or studies nearly 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year. With her schedule, she must go home pretty darned late. Me? I live in a Baptist, Christian-based transitional home that has a 10:00 PM curfew weeknights; 11:00 PM on weekends. Curfew is religiously enforced, and I’ve never broken curfew, nor have I ever requested to stay out late after curfew (except for a short vacation I did out-of-town last fall). Besides, I’m a recovering cancer patient who suffers from insomnia. Because of that, I take an over-the-counter medication every single night and am asleep almost always by 9:30 PM.

Beatriz Castro Macias: “He looks at me in an evil, lecherous way, smiling. He is very frightening.”

Okay, Beatriz Castro Macias, you’re entitled to your own opinion. But 99-percent of the rest of the world might beg to differ with you.

Beatriz Castro Macias: “I am afraid of this man and want him to leave me alone. I am afraid it will be worse once he knows of this. He is very frightening.”

Say, Beatriz Castro Macias, who put you up to this? What scientology official or entity stands behind this attempt to ruin my life?

Wikipedia defines “Bullying” as “the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power, which distinguishes bullying from conflict.”

Scientology is “Goliath” to my “David.”

Further, Wikipedia states, “Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat… and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets. Rationalizations for such behavior sometimes include differences of social class, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, behavior, body language, personality, reputation, lineage, strength, size or ability. If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing.”

Differences in religion: scientology is a so-called “church”; I’m an ex-scientologist. I left scientology after 37-years of service, often going above and beyond the call of duty.

I’m homeless and jobless. I live in a transitional shelter and depend on the charity of others.

HT: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SPsrUS/

HT - The Wrong Guy on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ce...he-church-of-scientology.131688/#post-2587440

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

This is a disgusting situation.

Anyone in a position to help Fred can click the link in the post above.

From what I can see, he does need help - as a result of protesting against scientology. :angry:

Jump

Operating teatime

I agree. It's disgusting to abuse the law like that.

This is an action taken right out if the playbook used against Anon Sparrow. It went all the way to court , ushered by one R. Moxon. Sparrow won that case, the trancript is worth searching out. Its a good read. The judge was fair and knew what was going down.

Even so, what a hassle. Cult uses legal to harrass and destroy.

More proof there is no OT.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

I never said he pulled it in, nor do I believe that philosophy. It is complete bullshit - I did say if you are going to prod a bear with a flaming stick and you get reaction, maybe you did something to cause that reaction. They are similar, but not the same. The first is an airy fairy karma-centric theta level woo woo proposition that has no provable a-b causation. The other is a simple cause and effect proposition.

PS - nor do I think he is a victim.

Mimsey

It's scientology. Anything you do short of giving them money or standing by with your mouth taped shut will cause a reaction, (they prefer the money by the way). Pictures do need to be taken, action do need to be pointed out, they need all the prodding anyone can put forth out there. They want people to run home and hide under the bed if those people aren't going to help their cult/cause. This is not prodding a bear with a flaming stick to get a reaction, it's hitting a bear on the nose that is trying to eat your children.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Now that I’ve been served with a TRO, there is nothing whatsoever I can do to get it off my public record.
My advice: if you can't hide it, flaunt it!

I don't recall the OP saying he lived across the street from Big Blue. Where did you get that information?

Helena

It's scientology. Anything you do short of giving them money or standing by with your mouth taped shut will cause a reaction, (they prefer the money by the way). Pictures do need to be taken, action do need to be pointed out, they need all the prodding anyone can put forth out there. They want people to run home and hide under the bed if those people aren't going to help their cult/cause. This is not prodding a bear with a flaming stick to get a reaction, it's hitting a bear on the nose that is trying to eat your children.
I don't disagree - they need to be shown for what they are.

If you are going to stand up and try to expose them, they will fair game you. It's not like it's a secret that they will use the law to harass and intimidate - it Hubbard's own policy, and it's pretty well known.

So when Fred says they are fair gaming me, what did he expect would happen when he went out the door and started taking photos and posting them on line?

They fight dirty. Period.

While I applaud what he is doing, I would never have decided to live so close to the complex, and I sure wouldn't go shooting pictures without a buddy.

I will bet you dimes to doughnuts, when he shows up in court they will have corroborating "witnesses" and they will put the screws to him. He better have some witnesses of his own because they won't play by the rules.

Mimsey

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

I hope Fred has taken note of Angry Gay Popes adventures as an "in your face" protester.

AGP had to spend nights in jail as things escalated. IIRC, the Church managed to get him arrested on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend, so AGP had to cool his heals in a holding cell until he got bailed out as soon as business returned to normal.

Also remember that great protester in Washington, DC that rocked it out until Kendrick Moxon managed to get the very same type of TRO bullshit slapped on him that Fred's going through now.

Hey, look!

Kendrix Moson is going back to the playbook of successful OSA-Legal actions. Did Fred's TRO get served right before Thursday at 2:00?

Moxon's stats must be in power!

Did he get last Sunday off as a reward?

Sorry, I digressed,

My question is this:

Can Fred handle 48-72 hours in jail? Only he can know that.

If I were him, I'd consider a tactical retreat.

Move away to the best of his abilities (I realize that's probably what the Church wants. As far as they're concerned, "He's on the thin razors edge' right now and with one or two more evil legal deeds, could cause Fred real harm.

So, get away ASAP.

Get his "All Clear" result quickly and efficiently.

Then come back better prepared for the harassment.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Graham Berry will help him and give him good advice and I hope that unlike AGP he follows it.

Tony Ortega wrote:

Fred Haseney hires Graham Berry

After being hit with a restraining order application by Scientology because of his photojournalism outings in Los Angeles, Fred Haseney has turned to attorney Graham Berry in advance of his July 15 hearing.

He’s also launched on online appeal to help him pay for Berry’s services and asked that we provide you the link to his Funded Justice page. Good luck, Fred.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/07/06/wh...got-into-a-scientology-flag-world-tour-event/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Yes, wishing Fred the best.
One day this will end ...

CommunicatorIC

We’re Overwhelmed By Your Kindness.

Jenny at LAX: We’re Overwhelmed By Your Kindness

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/07/07/were-overwhelmed-by-your-kindness/

JennyAtLAX and I, Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney (with my eye normally on scientology), are overwhelmed by your kindness. On the morning of Tuesday, July 5, 2016, I received approval from Funded Justice for my “Help Fred Win” campaign. I scheduled the campaign for 30-days, but with 48-hours, every penny I asked for (and then some) arrived.