What's new

Picket Signs

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I first saw the annonymous protests I was equivocal about them. I wasn't sure how it would work. I imagined we'd just look like kooks and the orgs would look like "the estabishment" and therefore look right.

Since following the protests and hearing from people who were woken up by seeing them I realise they are a powerful action.

Until today I could not see myself holding up a sign and standing in front of an org. But today I could see myself holding signs that said:

"Are you giving YOUR children enough of your attention?"

"The 2D is a valid dynamic - is the org trying to stiffle yours?"

"Your dreams are important to the world - not just Hubbard's"

"Have you become a happier more compassionate person since joining staff?"

"Look at your execs, do you like what you see?"

"How many OT's do you know who are winning on the inside?"

"People get gains from other practices - Really!"

"Close-minded = eyes closed"

"On purpose - whose purpose?"

"Sea Org - Are you really being valued?"

"Staff - Are you being paid what you're worth?"

"If Scientology is booming - why is is so hard to get the stats up?"

knn

Patron Meritorious
For (Sea Org) staff:
  • "David Miscavige has no Ethics Officer"
  • "When did you see your spouse the last time?"
  • "For the same work you could earn much more in the wog world."
  • "The wog world gives you a break"
  • "Ethics officers can be SPs, too"
  • "Are you PTS to your org?"
  • "How many hours did you sleep last month?"
  • "Are you stuck in your first Scientology win?"
  • "If you can think for yourself then visit xenu.net"
  • "Everyone can find OT Levels 1-8 on the internet within 10 seconds. In Hubbard's own handwriting, too!"
  • "Show me the HCOB that cancels the old OT levels"
  • "Know someone who was on the Freewinds? He is in danger!"
  • "Read the letters Hubbard wrote to the FBI. www.xenu.net has them all thanks to FOIA" (Scientologists are proud to have pushed through the Freedom of Information act, thus this message can make them cringe)
  • "Read Hubbard's medical history and his illnesses"
  • "Watch Hubbard's ONLY unscripted interview (a BBC report)"
  • "Read about the state of Hubbard's corpse. In the coroner's own words"
  • "Why Hubbard neither said good-bye nor stated who his follower should be"
  • "Read what Hubbard's first two wives (yes, two) and his girl-friend had to say"
  • "What happened to Hubbard's children? Where are they now?"
  • "Why was David Mayo (the co-founder of RTC) REALLY declared?"
  • "What happened to Hubbard's other 2 churches he founded on the same day as the first CoS (18 dec 1953): The Church of American Science and The Church of Spiritual Engineering?"
  • "We offer you help, food and protection. Call 888-SOS (Sea Org Support)".
  • "Get some time off to handle your body"
  • "Read the report of the Class-12 C/S who C/Sed Hubbard's folders"
  • "Read about the vitamins that were unknown at the time when Hubbard developed the purif"
  • "There is no blowing. There is only exteriorizing out of a reactive org."
  • "Every Thetan has a right to leave a game. Exteriorize out of a reactive org!"
  • "Hundreds of OT7s and OT8s have left the Church."
As opposed to other picket signs the statements above ARE VERY HARD to be not-ised/explained away.

They are designed to either
  1. increase the reach for the internet
  2. to creep in to make think
  3. invalidate the decisions of top management
while not invalidating too much the good work staff is doing.

Last edited:

knn

Patron Meritorious
Chuck's help phone is 1-866 XSEAORG.

I'm not sure what the 888-SOS means. It's not a US phone number.
Was just an quick invention while I wrote the statements. Sea Org Support. It's not a real phone number, just a dummy number where you can insert a real number.

hubbard-money.jpg

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
Can someone help me translate this into something that's comprehensible to wogs?

"Every Thetan has a right to leave a game. Exteriorize out of a reactive org!"

Would something like "You have a right to leave the game! Come out and play!" work?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I meant "retain the same meaning for the people inside while making a hell of a lot more sense to the rest of us."

And you knew it :bleh:

Of course.

I was somewhat serious in my comment though. It makes sense to me as a valid translation, but I honestly couldn't tell you if it would make sense to normal people. Do normal people look on their lives or some subset of it as a game? Or is it mainly a Scn-type thing?

Paul

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
It's not a terribly common thing, but it was popularized by the Discordians and would be recognizable (in the sense sci's see it) to people associated with the church of the subgenius and probably the pastafarians as well.

OUTSIDE of that context, our city does a lot of silly games stuff after each raid, so it's a literal invitation to come and play. This month we're having a water fight :D

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course.

I was somewhat serious in my comment though. It makes sense to me as a valid translation, but I honestly couldn't tell you if it would make sense to normal people. Do normal people look on their lives or some subset of it as a game? Or is it mainly a Scn-type thing?

Paul

I think it's a Scn. thing.

I'm in the cornfields of the Midwest in a Christian farming community. The people that I know do NOT think of life as a game. . . .except possibly in the sense of the best-selling book "If Life is a Game, These are the Rules". Here life is viewed as a testing ground for worthiness in God's Kingdom and is anything but a game.

But I grew up in a very liberal University town, and those people didn't see life as a game either. It was pretty serious business to make your mark on the world through your intellectual pursuits or, if not that, your activism.

But, recently movies like the "Matrix" and that new one "Avatar -- even the "Truman Show" are much more "game-like" in their outlook, so maybe things are changing.

"Scientology: The game where DM wins"

"Pan-determinism means being able to confront all viewpoints. To reach full OT visit www.exscn.net "

"Before you can shatter suppression, you have to confront it. TR O www.excn.net START!"

"You've tried the red pill, for a REAL game, take the blue; get out of the Matrix. www.excsn.net "
(A lot of Scientologists think the Matrix is an allegory to Scientology vs. the World; twist that back around somehow).

I'm having trouble coming up with a good game one. Sorry. I'll keep working on it.

-TL

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's not a terribly common thing, but it was popularized by the Discordians and would be recognizable (in the sense sci's see it) to people associated with the church of the subgenius and probably the pastafarians as well.

OUTSIDE of that context, our city does a lot of silly games stuff after each raid, so it's a literal invitation to come and play. This month we're having a water fight :D

I would hazard a guess that Discordians, Sub-Geniuses (?) and Pastafarians don't really add up to a sizable percentage of those who would see the sign.

So I would say it wouldn't be the most sensible of messages to have on a picket sign. But don't let that stop you. :)

Paul

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
I would hazard a guess that Discordians, Sub-Geniuses (?) and Pastafarians don't really add up to a sizable percentage of those who would see the sign.

So I would say it wouldn't be the most sensible of messages to have on a picket sign. But don't let that stop you. :)

Paul

Dude, I'm in BOSTON. Weird college kids FTW.

I think it's a Scn. thing.

No. It occurs among those with some sort of an esoteric bent. Most people are too caught up in seriously trying to "win in life" to actually see it as a game. That requires distancing and a willing acceptance of differing outcomes. Being "stuck in the game" is essentially the issue we all are facing.

Descriptive language varies. Alan's work constitutes a clear & straightforward discussion of the subject. The concept however is common enough among those philosophies which do not consider human life to be necessarily the pinnacle of activity or purpose.

Mark A. Baker

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
No. It occurs among those with some sort of an esoteric bent. Most people are too caught up in seriously trying to "win in life" to actually see it as a game. That requires distancing and a willing acceptance of differing outcomes. Being "stuck in the game" is essentially the issue we all are facing.

Descriptive language varies. Alan's work constitutes a clear & straightforward discussion of the subject. The concept however is common enough among those philosophies which do not consider human life to be necessarily the pinnacle of activity or purpose.

Mark A. Baker

Any examples? (besides those philosophies that were influenced by Scientology) It was a new concept to me when I was introduced to it as a Scientologist. It's actually one idea that I have internalized -- I think life as a game makes more sense than anything else; but I've never seen it in any other philosophies.

-TL

Can someone help me translate this into something that's comprehensible to wogs?

"Every Thetan has a right to leave a game. Exteriorize out of a reactive org!"

Would something like "You have a right to leave the game! Come out and play!" work?

I see this as failing because it does not make a case for questioning the game they are presently involved with.

"When the game is rigged against you create a new one."

Possibly include a web based information source, preferably one at which a SCIENTOLOGIST might be willing to look. That rules out most "anti" sites. I recommend "google freezone scientology", but then I'm biased. :coolwink:

Accept that people tend to leave the Co$ in stages and not as one giant leap. :)

Mark A. Baker

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
I see this as failing because it does not make a case for questioning the game they are presently involved with.

"When the game is rigged against you create a new one."

Possibly include a web based information source, preferably one at which a SCIENTOLOGIST might be willing to look. That rules out most "anti" sites. I recommend "google freezone scientology", but then I'm biased. :coolwink:

Accept that people tend to leave the Co$ in stages and not as one giant leap. :)

Mark A. Baker

I'm of the opinion that 1) no one sign is going to contain everything a person needs to see at a given picket 2) no sign is going to get someone out of Scientology. It's a long and arduous process that for most people takes years from first doubts to walking out the door. There are going to be lots of other signs about this or that being wrong in Scientology, like there always are. I liked the idea of including the thing about games somehow, and I don't have room for "your game is flawed and here's several sources that document why, now please consider playing a new game with me and my friends as we are clearly more free than your superiors ever have been inside the church."

(and while I support your right to believe whatever you want, I feel personally that it's wrong to pimp the freezone and so I don't. People have asked about it and I am perfectly willing to say nice things, I just don't think the freezone is the solution for Scientology)