What's new

pics of my cohorts in the sea org

Chuckyeager

Patron
Bunk beds 3 high?

Gosh, look at the living conditions. :ohmy: They couldn't fit more people in if they tried.

Main%20Building%204.jpg

Look at that, the beds are three high, you can tell on the left, you see one, then two, and the shirt is hung from the third!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Poor kids. If they only knew they'd just been had. What a crime to lie to people like that.

Chuckyeager

Patron
I remember some of those guys

Basement%20ASHO%201.jpg

I remember him, thats Stan Henderson, he was the BSO of ASHOD in the late 90's (closest in the picture)

Main%20Building.jpg

That looks like part of Main Building, the part you didn't see.

PAC%20Boiler-room%203.jpg

I remember this guy, thats Jeffery Aylor. He was ASHOD reception.

Roxanne%20Valle.jpg

The one in the middle is Roxanne Valle

Stan%20Henderson.jpg

There's Stan Henderson again.

Stan%20Henderson%20ASHOD%20BSO.jpg

And Again.

Star%20%26%20Melony.jpg

The one with the cup is Melony . . . . I think.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
join the Elite Corps

Look at that, the beds are three high, you can tell on the left, you see one, then two, and the shirt is hung from the third!

Yes, come and join the 'Elite Corps', and be one of the few 'privileged' people who are 'clearing the planet'.

This is how the privilged people live.

Often not even enough room to hang your smelly old Sea Org uniform, let alone wash it and hang it to dry.

I can attest to this as it was the same in AOSHUK.

Oh yes, these were the days of
"make it go right"

Such fond memories....(NOT):omg:

doublevee

Patron
I know almost every single one of these people.

Some of them were my friends. Some I remember but can't put a name to.

One of them I recruited into the SO.

I have a lot of pics like this, too. I should scan them I suppose.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I can attest to this as it was the same in AOSHUK.

In the 13 years I spent at AOSHUK in dorms of various sizes I probably spent 9 or 10 of them in a single bed, not a bunk. The years at Bullards were the best. Any of it was far better than berthing at PAC, which was 3-high bunks all the time.

Except in the RPF's RPF, where I shared a room with only one other guy because we were both routing out and therefore toxic, and I had a single bed again. :)

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Gosh, look at the living conditions. :ohmy: They couldn't fit more people in if they tried.

Main%20Building%204.jpg

Of course they can. That is a single bed he's sitting on. Complete luxury. It's no problem to drop another two bunk beds on top of that. And I'm not joking.

I was in room 617 Leb Hall for 9 years. It started off with 4 x 3 sets of bunk beds, 12 guys, mostly OSA Int and CCHR Int. Often there wouldn't be 12 guys in there, maybe 8 or 9. One day, after a month of so of 9 people or less, we dismantled one of the bunk bed sets and got rid of it, rearranging the room to make it look like there wasn't space for another set. It stayed that way for a few years until I left. Man, that was luxurious by comparison. Several of us could get dressed at the same time as there was enough floor space now.

Paul

doublevee

Patron
It was the same in the girls' berthings in main bldg and leb hall. 3 bunks high, just enough room to squeeze between them. Sometimes more people than bunks assigned to rooms.

Ex_SaintHill

Patron with Honors
Well at Stonelands the berthing conditions were horrid. There was the ballroom where about 50 or 60 people slept in one room, mostly in bunks 3 beds high. Or there was the garage, where 12 people lived in a garage which had about 25 - 30 squaremeters. This was part of stonelands.

Walsh Manor, the current berthing was actually not bad at the beginning. It had nice furniture, eventhough I slept in a room I shared with 5 other. This room whad about 25 squaremeters.

Last time I saw it though many things fell into disrepair and it was quite dirty. Shame, as it was quite nice.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actual monks and nuns, and actual soldiers and sailors, live a lot better than that these days. Heck, so do actual imprisoned felons. Is any of the money being sunk into fancy new org buildings going towards giving people like these some more humane living conditions?

That would seem to be a logical priority, since if you want to get decent work out of people, it really helps to give them decent accommodation. On the other hand, if keeping them numb and controlled is the main goal, then crowding them together like battery hens might make sense.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron

When at Flag about 1979 as an OOT, I slept on the bottom bunk of a 4 bunks high tower, next to the rattley AC out of which crawled huge cockroaches. :omg: That small, dark space became my home, my refuge. Something interesting psychologically going on there. I would never, before the SO experience, have believed that I would regard such privation as a comforting sanctuary.

I wonder if other SOers felt the same about their small personal space???

Last edited:

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Now I am glad I did not sign the contract. I asked what would be the living places and I would like to see them and they would not let me see them.

I think I asked for I did try to join once and it was not much better than this but probably a bit better. In the 70's. I heard the screaming and I got my panic attack and I came back home.

I also recognize two in the pics as well. If that is the basement, ouch.

I remember the one that is said to be receptionist. I had forgotten his hat till I saw it posted. He is a nice guy.

Main%20Building%204.jpg