What's new

Pix of Renos and Scios at Sydney Ideal Org

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Subject: CAN YOU HELP? Trades People Wanted!
Received: Thursday, 28 May, 2009

Trades People Wanted!

ALL TRADES PEOPLE WANTED!
Temporary Building Renovations Have Begun for
Our Ideal Org Renovations!
Call Mikel on 0400 437 346

We have started renovating our temporary home of the Church of Scientology Sydney for use during the Ideal Org renovations. The temporary building is just a short 15 minute walk from the Sydney Ideal Org on Castlereagh Street.

3573716384_e4c3fdbd30_o.jpg

Starting with a briefing to about 25 tradies, we walked them around the new building with plans showing them what we plan to do to this org.

3572910521_8c84115a29_o.jpg

Then we went ahead and ripped down all the walls and partitions we didn't need for the new building.

3572910543_302a6103db_o.jpg

3572910579_56690028d0_o.jpg

3572910601_7275e80b59_o.jpg

Following that we ripped into the framing and have completed framing the top and middle floors of the building already!

3573716556_2c5a8f9ee1_o.jpg

Now we have started on electrical and wall prep work and painting the walls with the undercoat. Electrical and computer networking is due to be complete this week and we are aiming to be putting sheets on the top two floors this weekend.

3572910673_2cc6249ca4_o.jpg

If you know of a tradie in hiding, or you are a tradie in hiding, or you just want to help out on the Sydney Ideal Org project, you are more than welcome! We have a really stiff completion target date, but we have and awesome purpose, loud radios, great people and we'd love whatever help you can give us!

You can call Mikel on 0400 437 346 to arrange a site visit and find out what you can do to help out!

Special thanks to those guys who have already come forth and helped out on the property (alphabetically)

Tony Abboud
Doug Atcheson
Joe Azzapardi
Walter Basso-Bondini
Robert Brittain
Peter Clement
Julian Dirou
Jacob Hazzarati
Henry Hong
Kuru Hunt
Pat Jarvis
Kim Jefford
Danny Matara
Sam Milne
Michael Saunders
Edwin Taylor
Cecile and Colston Vowles
Ray Wills

All of these guys will be getting training awards for the help they have given already!
Look forward to you coming down.
Rikke & Mikel

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Mmmmm .... then there is this version of events.

:happydance:

Scientology's $12m renovation rescue
Article from: The Sunday Telegraph

By Sharon Labi

May 31, 2009 12:00am

THE Church of Scientology plans to spend $12 million upgrading its Sydney headquarters, but faces a ban on trawling the street outside the building for new recruits.

The group's controversial plans include building an extra level on its Castlereagh St premises, and renovating the facade of the heritage building.

Neighbours and businesses have objected to the proposed upgrade at Scientology House, citing aggressive recruitment tactics, nuisance, loss of view, extra pollution and heritage concerns.

City of Sydney councillors will vote on the development tomorrow night, six months after the application was first lodged.

Under conditions that would be imposed as part of the DA, the church - known for its recruitment drives using "personality tests" - will be banned from spruiking, using speakers, music or announcements outside the building.

The group originally sought to add three levels to its building, but the proposal was amended to add one-and-a-half storeys.

Fifty-nine objections were received. There were 33 submissions in support.

Scientology spokeswoman Vicki Dunstan said the organisation has more than 240,000 members in Australia with numbers growing.

But the 2006 Census identified only 2507 Scientologists.

"The renovation and refurbishment will make the parishioners feel more comfortable, and we'll also have better facilities for events, improve the chapel and of course it will deal somewhat with the expansion (in members)," she said.

While Scientology has expanded in Australia, its legal status has been challenged in Germany. French authorities have accused the group of manipulating followers into handing over their savings.

Scientology counts Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its followers. High-profile Australian member, James Packer, reportedly left the group last year. His former wife, Jodhi Meares, and singer Kate Ceberano are fans.

Carmel

Crusader
It's still hard for me to face pictures of those people who I know, and to think about that org - It was once 'mine', and twice it was what I wanted it to be.

What a bloody shit of a thing!

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's still hard for me to face pictures of those people who I know, and to think about that org - It was once 'mine', and twice it was what I wanted it to be.

What you did was a good and noble thing, in its time.

That time is no longer here.

But what you did cant be undone.

What is happening now is a different thing in a different time....

Funny you are still good and noble....

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious

Oh Carmie..... I know how you feel...

:bighug:

:grouphug:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
"... a briefing to about 25 tradies..."

Excuse me, but there's only 19 names there and most of those aren't tradies, they would be labourers at best.

And one of the tradies is a bricklayer for crying out loud. Ain't no bricks being laid there!

The best thing about this sort of promo is the locals get to read it and see the lies and wonder why the hell someone would lie blatantly like that.

And they become just that little bit more disaffected with the cult and its crap.

And it's easier for someone like one of us to come along and show them the real data because they KNOW the promo is false.

Thanks culties for making it easier to dismantle your own trap.

You see, "Man is basically good.":D

Feral

Rogue male
FWIW. This is definitely not the renovation of the ideal org if any one was wondering.

It looks exactly to be what they say; a temporary building which they may or may not own and which they may or may not keep as a testing center later.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Surrey Hills

FWIW. This is definitely not the renovation of the ideal org if any one was wondering.

It looks exactly to be what they say; a temporary building which they may or may not own and which they may or may not keep as a testing center later.

Apparently they are moving out to Surrey Hills very soon. Should be interesting, not sure exactly where. This is while they hope to get approval to do the renovations by the council. If approved the works begin and they operate in the surrey hills area till its done........... I don't think they own the surrey hills place and they probably paid 6 months advance rent out of the Ideal Org money as I remember when I was on staff that was a potential plan. Wow wonder what would happen and how they would survive having to come up with rental $$$$ every week if they were not allowed to use the Ideal Org monies for the rental fee. That would screw them as there not making GI..........There only selling BASICS:omg:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I don't think they own the surrey hills place and they probably paid 6 months advance rent out of the Ideal Org money as I remember when I was on staff that was a potential plan.

I wonder if the donors know that their money is being used for this purpose? Sounds like an easy way of squandering it all without achieving anything. Isn't this an altered sequence? Shouldn't they get the planning permission FIRST, especially when it's not exactly a slam dunk?

Paul

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder if the donors know that their money is being used for this purpose? Sounds like an easy way of squandering it all without achieving anything. Isn't this an altered sequence? Shouldn't they get the planning permission FIRST, especially when it's not exactly a slam dunk?

Paul

I still think that they plan to sell the Castlereagh building when the DA gets knocked back. That building is right in downtown Sydney and it's worth a mint.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I still think that they plan to sell the Castlereagh building when the DA gets knocked back. That building is right in downtown Sydney and it's worth a mint.

OK, thanks. Since it is conceivable that they might lose their Capital Gains Tax exemption along with their charitable status, then it makes good sense to do so to avoid the catastrophic exposure. Unless the Capital Gains liability will somehow be applied retroactively. :)

Paul

Nurse Pinch

Patron with Honors

Paul

No. You obviously need to M9 and clay demo "Tone 40" :banghead: . If that doesn't work, just knock off your CI. :duh: :duh:

Pinchy.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe it's all part of a grand plan for DM to sell the Castlereagh building for $75 mill and keep the proceeds, meanwhile re-housing the Sydney CofS entities in other premises at much lower cost.

Paul