PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY!! I WANT TO LEAVE!!

mrqazwaz

Patron
PLEASE HELP I WANT TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW.
Here is some data about my situation:
I am 19 years old and is staff in a european Org. I have been on staff for about 1 and a half year now. I have signed the Sea Org contract. But I have not arrived in the Sea Org, and I DO NOT plan on going to.
I made earlier today the decision to leave. I have been thinking about it ever since i made it. I can not fall asleep. I am sure that leaving is the right decision. But how do I do it!?!?
I have done the purification rundown, staff status one and two. I am working an executive post in the Org. I got many personal wins from using Dianetics, and the people (especially the other staff members there) are very nice.
The reason of my decision to leave is that the church has started to try an control every personal aspect of my live. Its like they do not want me to think for myself. I can not take it anymore.
I have been trained in how to scare and really intimidate people who are against Scientology. Black PR, Dead Agent, Filming people, Yelling at people etc. And i have done things I wish I hadn't.
I want out!
I have been very lucky to have some of the best friends I could wish for outside Scientology. They still stand by me. I have not had to disconnect anyone. And my whole family supports me.
I feel like i am being used to do degrading work for NO PAY at all. And even though I work every single day without any pay they still demand that I donate to IAS etc.
Also I found out that some of the tech is simply is not working. I get sick and have to get a useless PTS handling.
I can not take that we are treating LRH like a god. Celebrating him all the time. Clapping at him after everything we do.
I want to go back to school and get myself an education and live my life.

Can you please help me??? I want to get out. And I want to get out NOW.
Is there any way to get out nicely? Without upsetting people? How?
Please help.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
PLEASE HELP I WANT TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW.
Here is some data about my situation:
I am 19 years old and is staff in a european Org. I have been on staff for about 1 and a half year now. I have signed the Sea Org contract. But I have not arrived in the Sea Org, and I DO NOT plan on going to.
I made earlier today the decision to leave. I have been thinking about it ever since i made it. I can not fall asleep. I am sure that leaving is the right decision. But how do I do it!?!?
I have done the purification rundown, staff status one and two. I am working an executive post in the Org. I got many personal wins from using Dianetics, and the people (especially the other staff members there) are very nice.
The reason of my decision to leave is that the church has started to try an control every personal aspect of my live. Its like they do not want me to think for myself. I can not take it anymore.
I have been trained in how to scare and really intimidate people who are against Scientology. Black PR, Dead Agent, Filming people, Yelling at people etc. And i have done things I wish I hadn't.
I want out!
I have been very lucky to have some of the best friends I could wish for outside Scientology. They still stand by me. I have not had to disconnect anyone. And my whole family supports me.
I feel like i am being used to do degrading work for NO PAY at all. And even though I work every single day without any pay they still demand that I donate to IAS etc.
Also I found out that some of the tech is simply is not working. I get sick and have to get a useless PTS handling.
I can not take that we are treating LRH like a god. Celebrating him all the time. Clapping at him after everything we do.
I want to go back to school and get myself an education and live my life.

Can you please help me??? I want to get out. And I want to get out NOW.
Is there any way to get out nicely? Without upsetting people? How?
Please help.

You should leave now, without delay. Some staff will be upset but you have to take care of you.

The S.O. has, on numerous occasions, tried to prevent people from leaving, to the point of imprisonment. Do not worry about how they'll feel.

apple

Patron Meritorious
So dont show up, walk away, you have family and friend support. Dont worry about Scientology you dont owe them any favors. It it them that owes you but dont try to collect on them. Mark it as a write off. Walk away.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Determine where you are. Decide where you want to be. Walk toward where you want to be. Eat and rest as necessary. Book boat passage as needed. Keep moving to your desired location.

R2-45

See that door.
Good.
Now walk through that door.
Thank you.
Keep walking.
That's it!

mrqazwaz

Patron
You should leave now, without delay. Some staff will be upset but you have to take care of you.

The S.O. has, on numerous occasions, tried to prevent people from leaving, to the point of imprisonment. Do not worry about how they'll feel.

Are you former staff yourself? :)
What I would really like to know is who I need to tell in the church. if any? Or should I just not meet up? Block their phone numbers etc. This is why I need to find out exactly how I do it now.
Also there are some people in the church that I really like. And I basically feel shy. I don't know what is the best way to do it?

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

Do not tell anyone at the org you want to go. Leave with your dad. Sort out your relationship with the folks you like from your dad's place.

If you tell anyone you want to leave. You will be put on a routing form that will take months to complete.
I am former staff.

What I would really like to know is who I need to tell in the church. if any? Or should I just not meet up? Block their phone numbers etc. I am right now on vacation in with my dad(who is not a Scientologist). He supports my decision. I am gong back to my own country tomorrow, and is scheduled to meet for "work" in the Org on thursday. This is why I need to find out exactly how I do it now.
Also there are some people in the church that I really like. And I basically feel shy. I don't know what is the best way to do it?

If you must "let them know" do it by letter. Do NOT do it by phone or by meeting them in person. If you do it by letter, make it BUSINESSLIKE, NOT a personal letter to friends. And tell them in the letter you wish to have NO FURTHER CONTACT with them and if they send any mail or try to contact you in person or by phone you will NOT RESPOND.
You seem to know already how it works.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Don't show up.
Do a total disconnect.
Don't answer their phone calls, or other attempts to reach you.
They will really put on the pressure to try and make you come in for a "handling".
They are not really your friends. They are cult robots.
Just disappear without a trace.
Get out NOW!

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
What I would really like to know is who I need to tell in the church. if any? Or should I just not meet up? Block their phone numbers etc. I am right now on vacation in with my dad(who is not a Scientologist). He supports my decision. I am gong back to my own country tomorrow, and is scheduled to meet for "work" in the Org on thursday. This is why I need to find out exactly how I do it now.

just leave,

and you don't have to tell anybody or get permission.

just leave.

and don't communicate to anybody in the COS.

It really doesn't matter. I say this from somebody who was in for 26 years.

You have made a good decision, so be happy about it. :yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Walk away now.
No one was thinking of your future when they wanted you to join th SO. They were committing a young person to a life without children, without friends or family that aren't 100% supportive, not of you, but of Scientology.
You will be essentially alone surrounded by a tech that doesn't work and people who will toss you to the wolves for thinking it doesn't.
You deserve so much more.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Church of Scientology does and will make you feel guilty. They make you feel like you OWE them everything. They make you feel powerless and useless. They expect everything from you - your life, your privacy, your friends, everything and will give you nothing in return - no pay, no time off, no rewards.

If Hubbard created anything valuable in Dianetics or Scientology, you understand that the organization did not.

It is wrong that they demand that you sacrifice so much. Totally wrong. No honest person or organization demands everything from you in return for NOTHING from them.

You do not owe them anything, not even a letter. You can send them a letter if YOU want but you do not owe them anything.

DO NOT get into a conversation with anyone from the church. As you said, they train people to manipulate others. They work had making people feel guilty. Do not let them manipulate you any more.

Go. Live a good life. Life is very, very good away from Scientology's guilt and manipulation.

Wants2Talk

The like you feel for some of the people at the org is understandable. Don't let yourself be manipulated by others in the organization (who will only be doing there jobs) into not taking this moment to leave with your dad. My staff friendships kept me on staff when I wanted to go to college. It took me over 30 years to get back to school.

Your dad loves you. Go with him now. Real friends will still be friends - right?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Leave! Never go back again for any reason.

Just don't show up for post the next day... and never return.
Do NOT agree to seeing an Ethics Officer. Just leave.
Do NOT try to route out "properly". Just leave.
Do NOT answer phone calls. Just leave.

mrqazwaz

Patron
Thank you so much for all your answers. I truly appreciate them. :)
Would this be a good way to do it?
I cancel my flight back to my own country and stay in the country where I am right now for a few weeks without answering any phone calls or messages at all. I will send them a letter saying in a nice way that I am out.

Do you know if they will try to contact any of my friends or family outside Scientology in the country where I live?
Also, I live fairly close to the Org, and we also have SO Orgs. I think they will might come to my door. I want to move back to my own country again and start at school. When do you think to will stop to try and make contact and just "let my go"?

Thank you so much in advance! :)

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I cancel my flight back to my own country and stay in the country where I am right now for a few weeks without answering any phone calls or messages at all. I will send them a letter saying in a nice way that I am out.

Do you know if they will try to contact any of my friends or family outside Scientology in the country where I live?
Also, I live fairly close to the Org, and we also have SO Orgs. I think they will might come to my door. I want to move back to my own country again and start at school. When do you think to will stop to try and make contact and just "let my go"?

Do NOT cancel your flight if that flight means you are going to a safe place (like with a non-Scientology parent).
Change your phone number and do NOT provide the new number to them.
Do NOT write them a letter. Just leave NOW!

You owe them NOTHING! (Don't forget this very important point)

apple

Patron Meritorious
How ever you want to disconnect is your business but a short letter (doesnt have to be nice) is more than enough. Going back to school is a good plan for a real future. When you go back to school do not go back to scientology. It will only divert you from your studies. It is good to see that you made this decision to leave so early in your life rather than wasting these precious years working for scientology. Good luck on your studies.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Why would you cancel your flight from returning to your own country right NOW?

Why would you want to stay in a foreign country for a few weeks rather than to return to your own country right NOW?

mrqazwaz

Patron
Why would you cancel your flight from returning to your own country right NOW?

Why would you want to stay in a foreign country for a few weeks rather than to return to your own country right NOW?

In my own country I live fairly close to the Org. And I am honestly a bit afraid that they will come and look me up. Right now I am in a country where one of my family members live.
But I still want to go back to my won country and my place to live so I can be with my friends and go to school there.
I just thought it might be a good idea to go "underground" for at few weeks?

R2-45

Don't cower in fear.
Just leave and never contact the organization again.
If they persist in trying to maintain contact, go to the police.
Or hire a lawyer and sue them to JUST STOP and LEAVE YOU ALONE.
But that's just how I would do it. YMMV