ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Please help me. Scientology is going to destroy my family.

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Scared_one, Feb 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

The best advice I ever had.

My next door neighbor (about age 70 - my age now) told me this circa 1964, and said that this was how he lived his life and that I might find it useful:

"I never had a job I wouldn't quit - and, I never met a woman (insert person) that I couldn't live without."

Embrace that and all parties' stress is mostly relieved.

Seriously.

I recommend the viewpoint highly.

Mike Horton/EP

2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Scared One: If it were me, I would invest in a good, small digital voice recorder and a small video camera (The Flip Mino is good and records one full hour, some models now have 2 hours).

RECORD any Reg cycles you attend. If nothing else, for your own notes, etc.

DOCUMENT everything. Start keeping/saving emails between you and YLO regarding scn.

You'll be so glad you did!

3. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

I hope this meeting goes well for Scared One tonight. :nailbiting:

4. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:waiting:

5. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I can get 100% behind this "get evidence" idea.

6. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Scared_one . . . see you haven't posted since the 8th. Would love to hear how that meeting went. Hoping that they didn't find out you were posting here and intimidate you into stopping.

I'm really hoping that YLO saw the New Yorker article and the 2 of you are off celebrating in the Caribbean!

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't know how your meeting worked out, but don't be so certain of your certainities that you outlined above.

I went to Flag and put 140k on credit cards one visit.:omg:

Had to get a 2ed mortgage after I failed to become so OT that I could "out-create" the credit card debt.

So where did that leave my wife with her mythical 50% of the house?:duh:

There are no good endings to a Scientology story.

8. FlunkedForLaughing

FlunkedForLaughing Patron with Honors

+1 on getting Steven Hassan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control". He gives some great examples of how he has helped others get out of cults. It helps to get more information on what you are dealing with. You need this information!

9. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes indeed. Hassan has a great web site:

http://www.freedomofmind.com

Hang in there Scared One. I lost my marriage, in part, due to being part of this batty cult. Long story - complicated.

I can tell you it ain't the end of the world but it was rough going when it all happened. It gets easier as you educate yourself about what you are dealing with. Take your time. Trust your instincts.

There is hope. You are not alone. :)

10. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Excuse me, I think I used that abbreviation (in post 52) before Tiger Lily did.:blush:

Helena

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

You can now be nominated for best new term - along with Voltaire for 'indie' :thumbsup:

12. Tiger Lily

Yes you did Helena . . . that's where I got it! :)

13. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

No news yet, huh? :waiting:

14. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

I most certainly stand corrected. :thumbsup::)

15. Tiger Lily

So . . . . . Scared_one hasn't posted. Not a good sign. I'm guessing they figured out who s/he was and intimidated her/him into stopping. (?)

16. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Either that, or Scared One is just burned out on all this. I think they'll be back in a week or so.

Helena

17. Scared_one

Scared_one Patron

Everyone, thanks for the concern and I'm sorry I haven't been back to provide an update. Long story short, the meeting went fine as I was able to sit my loved one down (beforehand) and inform them of my concerns regarding the Church.

It wasn't easy but they finally realized that I'm allowed to have my own opinions and that it's suppressive to me :)coolwink:) to not be allowed to voice them.

So, it's fine for now, and we'll see how long this lasts.

Rest assured, the next time I'm feeling threatened or at the brink of a crisis I'll run back here for help. :melodramatic:

Thanks again!

18. Tiger Lily

So glad to hear from you again!! Good job on standing your ground here! Make sure you stay vigilant . . hold your ground with your finances too. Please do keep yourself informed, and keep in touch!

19. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:hifive:

20. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Erh.. The use of 'they' as meaning he/she is confusing me. So here I'm assuming that it's YLO who's allowing you to voice your opinions.. As such lenience is utterly alien to Scientology registrars..

:unsure: