What's new

Please help me. Scientology is going to destroy my family.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Allright.. As far as regs are concerned they already have closed the deal with YLO.. They want the reg fest with you to handle you. Maybe YLO has mentioned that he can't fork over the money without your agreement?

So YOU are their target!

And yes.. If they can't handle you they will want to declare you.

Hmm.. I think it's showdown time. The scilon regs has decided it to be..

Tell YLO that you ARE gonna resist forking over the dough. Tell him that you will NOT be persuaded otherwise. And tell him that the regs will get nasty as a result. As he well know they don't take no for an answer, that IS policy and they train in it.

But this time they WILL get a no.

At the reg session you stick to your simple no. Ask them if they have impaired hearing when you've told 'em no twice.

Tell them that you can't see why the meeting has to continue, when you already gave them your answer: NO!

Refuse to give any reasons. It's your finances. Not theirs.. Refuse to promise any donations in the future.

Be polite thoughout.. But be angry when appropriate. They ARE treating you disrespectfully!

It's damned tough to be in these reg sessions.. I know bacause I've been in many of them.. I too risked my marriage at the time. It was blackmail, pure and simple.

Heh.. I'm reminded of one reg session I was in.. I told the reg that I'd tell him no politely first. Then tell him no loudly.. And then tell him no while toppeling his damn desk in his lap... He thought I was joking...

:yes:

Well, the sit down is starting at a neutral location. Obviously, I want no part of this, and actually feel it would be good for YLO to take care of it on their own.

Maybe I should invite some of my friends?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
no need to get weird. While people in the SO are sometimes held against their will, I've never heard of that happening to "raw public". The examples of "public" who have been held were all people that had been in the Church a long time, not just in some registrar interview.

Bringing others would just seem really strange to him, I think. Who knows, maybe it would wake him up that you are genuinely scared of these people.

Well, YLO claims this is simply a friendly social sit down, which I am not naive enough to believe.

With regards to them holding you, I know all about it. I have actually done two auditing sessions, and when I grew tired of the second one and said that it was ridiculous, the auditor stood up and blocked the door.

I don't think I told YLO about that.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's more to come!

Well, YLO claims this is simply a friendly social sit down, which I am not naive enough to believe.

With regards to them holding you, I know all about it. I have actually done two auditing sessions, and when I grew tired of the second one and said that it was ridiculous, the auditor stood up and blocked the door.

I don't think I told YLO about that.

Hi S_0! EP here and welcome! :yes::thumbsup:

If ya think gettin' out of an auditing room in an org is a chore :ohmy: you should then recognize the situation of trying to get off the F'n "Fleecewinds" when they have your passport locked up and outside communication is well nigh impossible! :nervous::melodramatic:

(hint - going completely ballistic and violent is OK and may be necessary - splurge on it!) :yes:

EP

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I've been 'held against my will' in a reg session.. Allright I wasn't a 'raw public' exactly. I was a blown GO staff who'd held the regges off for more than a year, and with a wife in an important position in the org... So the regges apparently decided that now I was damned well gonna be handled!

Four guys in the room. One behind me leaning on the door. And the Assistant Guardian B1 was one of 'em no less. I sat there letting them humiliate me for four hours. But they got no 'product'. I didn't buy anything..

I even considered if I could jump up from the chair and bash the 'doorman' out of the way and be gone before they could react. I thought I probably could, he was a little pipsqueak. But I hadn't noticed if they locked the door.

:angry:

(hint - going completely ballistic and violent is OK and may be necessary - splurge on it!)

Just the thought of this sit down brings those feelings to the surface. Unfortunately, cooler heads usually prevail and I fear that losing it will eventually be turned against me.

I just don't know what to do.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Understood...but...

Just the thought of this sit down brings those feelings to the surface. Unfortunately, cooler heads usually prevail and I fear that losing it will eventually be turned against me.

I just don't know what to do.

My opinion- you being a "public", "they" will leave you alone if you go completely apeshit on them. I considered that should it get physical, if they beat the crap out of me, the marks would stand me in good stead in any investigation.

With the current prevailing climate and what's in the news, I would not be too worried - just go have some fun and "let 'er rip".

Mike/EP

I'm not worried about the scientologists themselves. I'm worried that my reaction towards them will strenghten their position with my loved one.

It's a very difficult situation.

A quick question if anyone can please answer:

The scientologist trying to obtain this most recent donation from my loved one, will they get some sort of percentage or scientology points or something from bringing this in?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not worried about the scientologists themselves. I'm worried that my reaction towards them will strenghten their position with my loved one.

It's a very difficult situation.

:yes: legitimate concern. It is a difficult situation.

They have been known to purposely push people's buttons to get an emotional reaction out of them . . . happened to me many times. Remember that British reporter that "lost it" . . . that was done to him on purpose to make him look bad. (in case you don't know what I'm talking about, here it is . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md0zPchNeQ0

If you're going in aware of that, it's half the battle . . .Maybe if you take notes through the interview . . . go in with the attitude of "I'm just listening now, and I'm going to think about it later" . . . and write everything down that they say . . . . or . . . as Og suggested . . .record it. . .not sure how that would go over.

I wish I had some magic formula to give you to navigate this one. . . .

-TL

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
By the sound of it YLO needs to be told directly by you just how it is for you. The way it is going it is a slam dunk that this will come between you, get in their faces and fight and make it very plain you are a problem, They and he will need to handle this as now the cards and the slowly burning fuse a there to see. It's tough but realise what you're dealing with and act accordingly, don't play nice. We are all trying to bring you up to speed fast, which is an almost impossible thing to do hell some of us here including me took 25 years or more to 'wake up'. I am sorry for your plight but there is no candy coating this thing.

James

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Long post, apologies

To know the road ahead ask those coming back.

With the minefield of data, information, that your
friend will receive at the church of $ and you here, it will be confusing.

The church sales training and application of it
will make your friend hypnotic,
positive suggestion
through flattery of good will.You are a hero type flattery.
reasoning , try to talk sense into the person is doubtful.

Its a high false love atmosphere of high fives,
acknowledgement, appreciation.

____ will lap it up especially if ______ has been
depressed.Its uplifting, they will not want that
attention to be withdrawn.

as soon as its assumed they have crossed over
and are sold ,the attention will decrease dramatically.

One way to counter this may be to let him see
the sales manual the church staff uses
,to expose
it for what it is a sale, a statisic.

first you ask what does it mean, if its not written
its not true.

The other way may be to pull/steer /divert/ the
attention of the sales person off your friend to you,
(your friend will lose the attention)with an assumed
keen interest, ask about the birthday game, the weekly
sales game "played " between other orgs, to see who
can make the most money.

ask about flourish and prosper, which means doing well
in life and

ask how you can do well in life when already in debt?,

then ask about the solvency policy,which is about not
being in debt, ask to see a policy about how its ok to go into debt,
the staff member wont be able to find one i doubt.

Just keeep pushing at how its not sane, these two wildly
different concept, of the staff member asking for
donations and going into debt to do it, ask for policies,
not verbal.

http://silviakusada.wordpress.com/understanding-the-current-scene-using-lrhs-tech/

Common Questions and Answers
YOU WISH YOU HAVE HAD!!

Question #12: Is it OK to borrow?
————————————————————-
HCOPL 28 January 1965
“How to Maintain Credit Standing and Solvency”
OEC Vol. 3, page 245

“3. Make it before you have to spend it.

4. Gather bit by bit a cushion of cash to fall
back on and don’t ever fall back on it.

5. Keep your credit excellent as a second cushion.”

HCOPL 10 November 1966
Admin Know-How Series 6
“Good Versus Bad Management”
OEC Vol. 7, page 340

“Bad management is therefore detectable on these points:

1. The bills-cash ration will be high in bills and low in cash.
2. There is an effort to borrow money rather than earn it.

5. There will be an effort to be supported.

HCOPL 26 October 1975
“Gross Income/Corrected Gross Income Ratio, Failed Cases and Failed Students”
OEC Vol. 7, page 862

“Dishonest regging can cover anything from
crazy loans to telling the pc he will be able to
remove his head after a two minute HAS Course
taught be an ex-psychologist.”

There are several other references regarding not
borrowing money that I need to find.

HCOPL 6 March 1966 Issue I
Charity is charity. It benefits the donor, giving
him a sense of superiority and status.
It is a
liability to the receiver but he accepts it as he must
and vows (if he has any pride) to cease being poor
and get to work.

Charity cannot be enforced by law and arrest
for them is extortion.

there is a whole lot more Q& answers at the above
site too to fight them at their own game.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I think you're right to be scared. Stay scared.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Much, much worse. It sounds like he already isn't listening to you. It sounds like he already cares more for what they think of him than what you think of him.

Face that now. If you can't face it now, you will eventually have to face it.

Eventually -- a week from now, ten years from now, one or both of you will be finally realize how much worse it has gotten than it was when you first posted to ESMB.

And one or both of you will run for your lives.

You can run now. Or you can run then. With or without him.

TG1

TG1

Angelic Poster
P.S. Make a fucking scene. Scream your head off. Be anti-social. Be "unreasonable." Stop being so nice. They are not nice.

P.S. Make a fucking scene. Scream your head off. Be anti-social. Be "unreasonable." Stop being so nice. They are not nice.

I'm glad to see so many others have come to this conclusion, because that's where I've been inside my head for a while. I love my loved one so much (sorry, that sounded weird :) ) that I have honestly feared being viewed as a suppressive for several months, and that has kept my tongue silent.

I've noticed in that time that I often have difficulty concentrating and often just don't feel right. I initially attributed it to feeling down and blue because of winter. However, anytime I speak up about the contradictions I see in $cientology (I love that spelling, fyi) -which is not an easy thing to do-I feel invigorated afterwards. That is, until my loved one brings more of it to surface and I keep my mouth shut for fear of being seen as a suppressive.

But I don't think I can continue on like this. I just can't sit back and let this obvious cult seep into my life and hope everything will eventually be okay.

I don't care what they call me or say to my loved one, I'm going to let them know how I really feel.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh I hope you do

Oh I hope you do, for your own sanity and well-being. BUT - be ready to let it go, if you go that route, as that may be the outcome.

Best of luck - truly. I hope you get your loved one out and away - and safe from monsters - and $cn/co$.