What's new

Please sign petition to remove tax exempt status from Scientology

RogerB

Crusader
Last seen, 800+ signatures . . .

This thread needs to be frequently bumped to keep this petition UP front.

R

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
1238 now. Tony Ortega has posted the link so hopefully it will get a big boost. Would be fun if it got over 5,000.

I love how the anti Leah Remini petition is full of comments by critics of the church now. Their attempts to create a movement online always fail lately.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
Thanks to my good friend i'mglib for posting the link to my petition. I ask ESMB readers to please sign and share. I would like to see hundreds of thousands of signatures to send a message to the IRS and to the Church. We need everyone. You don't have to be a US citizen to sign.

Here is the logic behind my petition:

1. Shocking but true: The IRS Commissioner is one of only three people in the entire sprawling US Government who can call for an investigation into Scientology's tax exemption. I chose to petition the Commissioner for these reasons:

2. The US Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin is a cabinet-level Constitutional officer who is fifth in the line of succession to the US Presidency. The Secretary is a key official in presiding over the $18.46 trillion dollar US economy. The US spends more than $500,000,000 per hour. Scientology would therefore represent, at best, a "six hour problem" for the Secretary Treasury Steven Mnuchin. Scientology is not worth his time or effort. Scientology is a problem he would kick down to the IRS where it properly belongs.

3. The Commissioner of Tax Exempt and Government Entities Ms. Sunita Lough can call for an investigation into the Church of Scientology's tax exemption. IMO, however, the Cult would challenge her authority based upon the case United States of America vs. Living Word Christian Center (Civil No. 08-mc-37 ADM/JJK). See my article at the Scientology Money Project on this case. The Cult could lose at appeal or even at the Supreme Court but the case could eat up years and years and years.

4. The IRS Commissioner Mr. John Koskinen is the logical and appropriate official who has the legal and statutory authority to call for an investigation into the Church of Scientology's tax exemption.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
Here are the eleven reasons I have presented in my petition:

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen has the legal authority to open an investigation into the Church of Scientology's 501(c)3 tax exemption. We demand Scientology's tax exemption be investigated for the following reasons:

1. Scientology's lack of corporate governance as it represented to the IRS in its 1023 application for tax exemption. David Miscavige is the managing agent of Scientology and has pierced all corporate veils. To this point, in the IRS' 1993 Closing Agreement with the Church of Scientology, the Final Draft of which was leaked by the Wall Street Journal in 1997, the IRS included this stipulation:

"H. Finality. This Agreement is final and conclusive except:

1. The matter is relates to may be reopened in the event of fraud, malfeasance, or misrepresentation of material fact;"

There are legitimate questions of fraud and misrepresentation of material fact by the Church in its 1991 1023 application for 501(c)3 tax exemption. Most notably, the Church represented that there was a system of corporate checks and balances in the Scientology when, as so many have alleged and shown, David Miscavige has collapsed these checks and balances and become the sole managing agent of Scientology and therefore pierced the corporate veils.

2. Scientology's refusal to grant refunds or repayments to dissatisfied members as it represented to the IRS in its 1023 application for tax exemption.

3. Scientology use of tax-exempt dollars to engage in harassing former members, critics,
and journalists. One example is the use of tax-exempt dollars to create slanderous hate websites and videos against former members, critics, and journalists who speak out and expose Scientology's inhumane practices.

4. Scientology's internal cover-ups of child sexual abuse and rape as described by the victims of the sexual abuse and rape.

5. Scientology use of tax-exempt dollars to hire private investigators to spy on, stalk, and harass former members, critics, and journalists who speak out and expose Scientology's inhumane practices. This is Scientology's malicious policy of Fair Game and it is funded by tax-exempt dollars.

6. Scientology's abuse of US religious worker visas to recruit non-US citizens to work in the Sea Org. Once in the US, these non-Americans have their passports confiscated and are forced to work 100 hour work weeks for wages far below the poverty level. Sometimes these workers receive no pay at all for weeks or months on end.

7. Scientology's use of onerous contracts of adhesion to strip Scientologists of their legal and civil rights.

8. Scientology's use of child labor.

9. Scientology's predatory fundraising practices and use of commission salespeople to raise money.

10. Scientology's use of a system of brutal and inhumane gulags known as the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force). The RPF is a thought reform camp used to crush dissent. People in the RPF are often imprisoned for years and are stripped of their civil and legal rights.

11. The forced breaking up of families by Scientology's inhumane practice of Disconnection.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
So, the number of signatures is at 2198! That's an amazing pace, which could mean that in a couple days it will pass the number of signatures gathered by the Scientologists on the anti-Leah Remini petition. It seems they are trying to gather more, but are not in any way keeping up.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
So, the number of signatures is at 2198! That's an amazing pace, which could mean that in a couple days it will pass the number of signatures gathered by the Scientologists on the anti-Leah Remini petition. It seems they are trying to gather more, but are not in any way keeping up.
Glibby, based on projections, plans, allies, etc. our side will quickly bury the Cult's petition by extensive numbers. We're at 2380 right now and will cross 2,500 quickly and then quickly jump to 5,000. As the petition takes root online and we get media coverage the numbers will increase exponentially.

This is a group effort and everyone's help is needed.

With every signature we're sending a message to Scientology and Captain Miscavige that their tax exempt days are over. My motto: Every signature is an engram for Scientology!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Great!

Big thanks to Jeffrey and all good folks who added their voice with a signature.

2,554 supporters and counting.....

JustSheila

Crusader
The Church of Scientology's bullying ''petition" to stop Leah Remini and Mike Rinder from exposing the criminal tactics of the Church of Scientology has been up for 8 days and only came up with 5,601 Scientologists willing to sign. :laugh: So they need real estate buildings for hundreds of churches all over the world that are each large enough to manage a 500-1000 person membership when they only have 5600 Scientologists worldwide? Considering that some 30-40% of those 5600 members are in Los Angeles or Clearwater, FL, they've just exposed the extent of their real estate scam!

This petition is signed by 95% Americans. Surely in 8 days, we can come up with double the number of those who oppose the cult of Scientology's abuses compared to their 5,600 who want to ignore and continue those abuses and silence those against them? :biggrin:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Church of Scientology's bullying ''petition" to stop Leah Remini and Mike Rinder from exposing the criminal tactics of the Church of Scientology has been up for 8 days and only came up with 5,601 Scientologists willing to sign. :laugh: So they need real estate buildings for hundreds of churches all over the world that are each large enough to manage a 500-1000 person membership when they only have 5600 Scientologists worldwide? Considering that some 30-40% of those 5600 members are in Los Angeles or Clearwater, FL, they've just exposed the extent of their real estate scam!

This petition is signed by 95% Americans. Surely in 8 days, we can come up with double the number of those who oppose the cult of Scientology's abuses compared to their 5,600 who want to ignore and continue those abuses and silence those against them? :biggrin:[/

But Sheila, what about the 50,000 Sri Lankan Scientologists who have yet to be heard from?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

But Sheila, what about the 50,000 Sri Lankan Scientologists who have yet to be heard from?

:hysterical:

BREAKING NEWS! Scientology just added 31 million new signatures to their petition! The entire voting block of "Malaysians for Mettreya!"

s03e09_37a.jpg

HIDDEN SURVEILLANCE PHOTO OF MALAYSIAN COS (Clickfarm of Scientology)​

JustSheila

Crusader
The more I read this petition, the more determined I get to see as many supporters as possible sign it.

For those who feel comfortable doing so, please include the link on your Facebook page or promote it through Twitter so your friends and family are aware. Many of our family members were and still are huge supporters of our recovery from this toxic cult and do not want their tax dollars spent on supporting it.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
In response to the petition by Scientologists to cancel Leah Remini's excellent series exposing Scientology....
Couldn't find a separate thread about the "other" petition, and wouldn't want to start one about it either. So this is off topic I guess. :biggrin:

The other petition gives opportunities for uses that, I'm sure, David Miscavige wouldn't approve of.

1. When you get an account over on change org, you can post comments at the petition and, even if it is just a tiny little moment, sow a seed of doubt.

2. John P Capitalist has downloaded the first say 1500 comments and is trying to use it for analyses on the number of scilons.

3. Someone who is out can try and find the names of former friends, to see if they are still brainwashed. E.g. http://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-110/#comment-185929 (but do read my own post above this one).

Just sayin... :whistling: