What's new

Please tell me I aint crazy!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I wouldn't worry about it. If a bunch of scio's were told to suicide, they all be screaming to see "the LRH policy on that", then then be writing an "Orders, query of". It's just not going to happen.

I'd worry more of DM breaking out the machine guns and mowing down a crowd of Int Staff before taking himself out.
Yeh.. that was a commendable trait in any scientologist.. Powerful, sane beings who would keep the 'org' and scientology on track that way. A safeguard against rampant insanity.. And our hope for a better world.

Exept.. It didn't work! - Scientology is even more crazy than I knew it back in 1980's. That's a 'stat' I see..

Even back then.. I saw those who objected or queried, Hubbard reference or no, being bulldozed out of the way.. Being declared if they didn't come around and accepted 'command intention'... Ahh, all it took was a 'face crime' really.

Heh.. But then, what's the difference? - Insanity would be rampant too if they'd followed Hubbards policies to the letter...

Do I think that a Jim Jones scenario is likely?

I'm afraid yes.. I worry about it.. A wonderful girl, who was a dear freind is in the middle of it.

:unsure:

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Dear Friend Greywolf

I would like to say the "J Jones" thing couldn't happen, but since I got out in '73 things have happened that I can only believe because of the stories I read on this and other sites. I do believe that DM is so evil that he will take down as many followers as he can when cornered.:omg:

In the meantime all we can do is tell the truth to as many as we can hoping to salvage as many as we can before the end.:happydance:

By the way sir, I think you are a wise person. I thought several times of PMing you but did not want to presume on your time or kindness. I am a 75 year old lady so am not pursuing a romance.:ohmy: It is just I agree with so much you have to say.:yes:

Keep posting,

Aunt Pat

Last edited:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
If this weren't somewhat true it would be funny.

They would be told that the super power building is now completed but it is at target 2, where the gravity is less so that your super powers will be enhanced. alter after you have been accustommed to your new super powers you will be able to come back to earth and save everyone else.

Before you drink the Kool aid sign all your money over to DM. For he will be the last to leave.

THIS STUFF JUST WRITES ITSELF!

The fact is there would be some who would do it.

But isn't that what natural selection is all about?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It seems unlikely to me that even as cultic and weird as it gets in CofS, that people would do a mass suicide. But then again, keep in mind, Pooks, that if they screamed "where is the reference"- DM could just cook one up and say that nobody knew about it til now. Like with the basic books.

It's difficult, sometimes, to assess just how far people will stretch their beliefset and rationalizations because some cultie jerk told them something. I've already seen/heard of people doing things in CofS that I never thought they'd ever do.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It seems unlikely to me that even as cultic and weird as it gets in CofS, that people would do a mass suicide.

Seems unlikely to me too, and I don't believe that that is what's going to go down. But there was a time for me fairly recently where I thought that incidents of severe physical abuse could not happen within the Cof$, or incidents like "Musical Chairs", the existence of SP Hall, ect. were not possible with the CofS. I would of placed a bet against these types of things happening and would of gladly given someone 500+ to 1 odds.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Hey GreyWolf, this is a scenario that never occurred to me until you posted the possibility. I could see DM full of command intention (frothing at the mouth) trying to salvage what's left as his house of cards crumbles. The last refuge of the insane is, well, insanity. What you describe or something similar " per LRH orders" can easily be contrived and I hope the CofS dives so fast that what ever last ditch plan he has will have little consequence.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would like to say the "J Jones" thing couldn't happen, but since I got out in '73 things have happened that I can only believe because of the stories I read on this and other sites. I do believe that DM is so evil that he will take down as many followers as he can when cornered.:omg:

In the meantime all we can do is tell the truth to as many as we can hoping to salvage as many as we can before the end.:happydance:

By the way sir, I think you are a wise person. I thought several times of PMing you but did not want to presume on your time or kindness. I am a 75 year old lady so am not pursuing a romance.:ohmy: It is just I agree with so much you have to say.:yes:

Keep posting,

Aunt Pat

Anyone can PM or email me at any time. I am not home very much these days but I will answer when I can.

Love and Respect

Bob

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you everyone for your responses. It was just something that has been worrying me for a while. You are all genuinely intelegent, thoughful people and I am happy and proud to be associated with you.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank you everyone for your responses. It was just something that has been worrying me for a while. You are all genuinely intelegent, thoughful people and I am happy and proud to be associated with you.

Tks Wolf for posing the question. I remember reading 15+ years ago where some anti-cult group suggested that what happened with Jonestown could happen in Scn, and I remember how absurd it seemed even suggesting that. Had they known ANYTHING about scientology and the people involved they would know it could not happen.
But now, while I still feel it is highly unlikely, I wouldn't bet a whole lot against it. When DM gets cornered like a wild animal knowing he's going to have to publicly confront his crimes, it's kind of unpredictable as to how he's going to respond.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tks Wolf for posing the question. I remember reading 15+ years ago where some anti-cult group suggested that what happened with Jonestown could happen in Scn, and I remember how absurd it seemed even suggesting that. Had they known ANYTHING about scientology and the people involved they would know it could not happen.
But now, while I still feel it is highly unlikely, I wouldn't bet a whole lot against it. When DM gets cornered like a wild animal knowing he's going to have to publicly confront his crimes, it's kind of unpredictable as to how he's going to respond.

And he is a wild animal. Just look at his eyes when he is talking in public. I almost hear a Hitler or a Stalin (no offence to others) when I listened to him.

Bob

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It really doesn't matter how he responds. It matters whether or not people are willing to suspend their own judgment regarding their own survival, and I don't think that Scientologists would be willing to do so, as a rule.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
And he is a wild animal. Just look at his eyes when he is talking in public. I almost hear a Hitler or a Stalin (no offence to others) when I listened to him.

Bob

I think his body was taken over by some alien species, maybe
the Reptilians. :omg:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Or. He might be Xenu :omg:

:lol:

I was JUST thinking that this morning. That maybe Xenu escaped and instead of obliterating us instantly maybe he would (for entertainment purposes) take over DM's body and slowly but surely destroy us from within. :D

If Xenu were to have done such a thing I doubt he could have done much better of a job then DM has. :D

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
hubxu.gif

Zinj

FoTi

Crusader
I agree with you Carmel on this, as many of those at INT have directly witnessed his crimes. But I think more likely is that DM will just go off and hide somewhere like Hubbard did rather than go to prison. He's probably got places already set up that he can go to.

He might not want to go off and leave all those witnesses behind at Int, since he wouldn't be there to make sure they stayed locked up and guarded, to make sure they didn't ever talk or get loose to hunt hiim down.

I don't think a bunch of Scientologists at an event would ever be convinced to drink the cool-aid unless they were fooled into thinking it was something else that they were drinking and were told it was harmless only to find out it wasn't as they were dying. I never knew any Scientologists that were that gone that they would willingly participate in a group suicide. I know I wouldn't. If it ever happened, I would be more than surprised.