What's new

Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 1): Going Preclear

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
LAO has always been the main gatekeeper for raw public at Big Blue. I imagine it was becoming increasingly awkward to have non-Sea Org staff screening people and coordinating with OSA and having physical access to the property. Security in itself could be one of the main reasons it converted to all SO. I would be interested to hear how this may have changed the intro experience.

Yeah, in part two when Ross takes a course, it looks like public are just routed through video after video after video. Like an insane amount of videos. That's really pretty sad, and it's obvious that Ross thinks if there is anything at all to love about $scientology, it's the people.

Ross and Carrie are also under the vague impression that SO make cushy commissions on course and books, sit around in their rooms while waiting for a student to show up to course, and feast on fine Brie and crackers in their spare time.

They note the slightly frantic attitude coming off these people, but they credit it to having monetary motivations.

I hope they keep digging.

Its really fun and entertaining! They've possibly done what Louis Thereaux originally had in mind for his movie.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I found this latest broadcast to be hugely entertaining. Especially when Carrie goes to the New Years' event.

After agreeing to go she was inundated with calls from different people all trying to confirm she was actually going. Eventually she had to stop answering calls because it got so bad.

At the event she said that the very few "public" who were there stuck out like sore thumbs and were largely treated with suspicion by the scientologists - "they could smell us" she said.

During the event she noticed that Miscavige didn't know how to pronounce the word "dyslexic". Apparently the word was in his speech several times and he mispronounced it every time.

When they left and went outside at the end of the event they saw huge numbers of sea org members smoking cigarettes as though their lives depended on it. None of them were speaking to each other. She said it was "sad".

I love the part where they accidentally sent her into a room where a sea org meeting was being held. lol

She said the guy was explaining how they'd be filming, so s.o. Will be asked to run from one part of the shrine to another to make empty seats look full, hahaha.

Oh,many for some reason she matter of factory states that it was David Miscavige who instituted all the hip-hip horraying of Hubbards photograph, but we were hip hipping Hubs back in the mid seventies.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh,many for some reason she matter of factory states that it was David Miscavige who instituted all the hip-hip horraying of Hubbards photograph, but we were hip hipping Hubs back in the mid seventies.

I was course-suping from about 1983-1995. At the start I did the hip-hip thing, but later on word came down to cool it on the hip-hips and just "let's give a hand to LRH." Dunno the year.

If they're hip-hipping again, it would appear that the Dwarf did reinstate it.

Paul

Gib

Crusader
I was course-suping from about 1983-1995. At the start I did the hip-hip thing, but later on word came down to cool it on the hip-hips and just "let's give a hand to LRH." Dunno the year.

Paul

In either case, doesn't giving a hand, clapping to LRH, or hip hip horay,

don't both kind of violate KSW where he, LRH, says idol worship..........................has only sunk man into the mud or something like that?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love the part where they accidentally sent her into a room where a sea org meeting was being held. lol

She said the guy was explaining how they'd be filming, so s.o. Will be asked to run from one part of the shrine to another to make empty seats look full, hahaha.

I’m imagining a camera pan of the audience, they start from one side and move to the other, but its all the same people in the frame in different seating and they are getting more frazzled and sweaty as the camera gets to the far side of the room.

From Carrie’s description I may have figured out where Miscavige picked up his speaking delivery style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsON8pEXvLc

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In either case, doesn't giving a hand, clapping to LRH, or hip hip horay,

don't both kind of violate KSW where he, LRH, says idol worship..........................has only sunk man into the mud or something like that?

I don't know if you're joking, but anyway I will answer it as I would have done if a student had asked. Except I would have shown him the actual references instead of risking a Comm Ev [no joke] by using my own words. :)

"True, he does say that. But LRH found that orgs prosper to the extent that they are "with Ron," i.e., lots of LRH presence as shown by photographs, busts, tech and policy being followed etc. And orgs that are off-source -- they don't do these things -- wither away and die."

In reality of course, he was a narcissist as well as realising that the more "on-source" an org is the more money he'll make in royalties etc. If orgs used ACW's stuff or PaulsRobot he wouldn't have got any royalties from them.

Paul

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

Paul

Thanks Paul.
Man, I just reread my quote there... Spellcheck gone wild!
Glad you were able to cipher it:)

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I’m imagining a camera pan of the audience, they start from one side and move to the other, but its all the same people in the frame in different seating and they are getting more frazzled and sweaty as the camera gets to the far side of the room.

From Carrie’s description I may have figured out where Miscavige picked up his speaking delivery style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsON8pEXvLc

Yes, fully automated animatronic events are next on his list, just as soon as he finishes all the videos!

Remember the rumour going around a few years ago about how people were being told on the freewinds that OT IX & X dealt with being able to clone yourself?
Well, this is it.

I know it was well established amongst $cientologists when I was in, that Walt Disney had invented the carousel on another planet. They even knew WHICH planet, but sadly I have lost that valuable knowledge.

Gib

Crusader
I don't know if you're joking, but anyway I will answer it as I would have done if a student had asked. Except I would have shown him the actual references instead of risking a Comm Ev [no joke] by using my own words. :)
"True, he does say that. But LRH found that orgs prosper to the extent that they are "with Ron," i.e., lots of LRH presence as shown by photographs, busts, tech and policy being followed etc. And orgs that are off-source -- they don't do these things -- wither away and die."

In reality of course, he was a narcissist as well as realising that the more "on-source" an org is the more money he'll make in royalties etc. If orgs used ACW's stuff or PaulsRobot he wouldn't have got any royalties from them.

Paul

yah, I know, I actually got in trouble for complaining about clapping to a picture of LRH at the end of of a course period. I was written up and sent to the Ethics Officer. The interview went as a question to me, why I'm complaining, I then stated the line in KSW, the EO replies, well, some people have admiration for LRH and want to express it,

so I'm like OK, that's fine.

Six months later I get the Debbie Cook email, six months later I'm out after much research. And that's no joke.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
ONRAC's Scientology episodes are makin' waves. E-meter waves.

ONRAC's Scientology episodes are makin' waves. E-meter waves.

Maximum Fun: ONRAC's Scientology episodes are makin' waves. E-meter waves.

http://www.maximumfun.org/2016/02/29/onracs-scientology-episodes-are-makin-waves-e-meter-waves

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Your buddies Ross Blocher and Carrie Poppy are getting a lot of attention for their insanely unnerving Scientology investigation, out now. If you haven't been keeping up with Oh No, Ross and Carrie, you're missing possibly their biggest exposé ever, wherein they spent over 90 cumulative hours taking classes, being audited, and generally immersing themselves in the world of Scientology.

The duo is on episode two of this multi-parter, which they expect to be at least five glorious episodes.

Check out what some of dem big media outlets have had to say about our brave and/or criminally insane pals:

* * * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2016/3/9/k0e9r4o4ww7lnpju3l163q62m56uuj

Audio at link.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create

It's the next leg in our bizarre and amazing Scientology journey. Ross moves on to Scientology's "advanced" personal efficiency course, and finds it anything but efficient. As the only student in the entire class, he gets the chance to ask a lot of good questions, and get a lot of strange answers. Meanwhile, Carrie listens along with you and marks every inefficient teaching with a slide whistle. Plus, we learn that the Scientologists already lied to Ross about one of their teachings. Check it out, and get confused!

Be sure to check out our photos, by liking us on Facebook.

You can support this and all our investigations by going to maximumfun.org/donate, donating, choosing us as a show you love!

Plus, you can add our RSS feed!

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Gib

Crusader
Re: Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigations/2016/3/9/k0e9r4o4ww7lnpju3l163q62m56uuj

Audio at link.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create

It's the next leg in our bizarre and amazing Scientology journey. Ross moves on to Scientology's "advanced" personal efficiency course, and finds it anything but efficient. As the only student in the entire class, he gets the chance to ask a lot of good questions, and get a lot of strange answers. Meanwhile, Carrie listens along with you and marks every inefficient teaching with a slide whistle. Plus, we learn that the Scientologists already lied to Ross about one of their teachings. Check it out, and get confused!

Be sure to check out our photos, by liking us on Facebook.

You can support this and all our investigations by going to maximumfun.org/donate, donating, choosing us as a show you love!

Plus, you can add our RSS feed!

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

cool, thanks for the update CIC. I'm enjoying their journey. Will listen tomorrow.

ps. What's kind of funny, if you will, is the Heinlein letters between Hubbard & Heinlein and between Campbell & Heinlein, are sort of the same journey only in 1949/50.

Heinlein being like Ross & Carrie, Campbell being Hubbard's number one promoter at the time soon to include Dr Winter.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Re: Podcast: Ross and Carrie Audit Scientology (Part 3): Create-Create-Create

I listened to the podcast today.

It was a little depressing for me, in that I fell for this shit. I felt a little embarrassed to myself, oh well.

I never did the PE Course, or Personal Efficiency course, I believe it is something created by DM and not LRH, no matter. I did read the Fundamentals of Thought book before the PE Course came about, hence no need to do the course, in my eyes at the time, while involved.

It's interesting that they disclosed they did not feel like they got personal efficiency, but got indoctrinated into scientology concepts of words that scientology uses more or less, but they didn't state it that way.

Their next episode is on getting trained as a Dianetics auditor. I'm looking forward to that one since that is how I got involved, from reading dianetics back in 1987, thanks to the Jefferson Hawkins marketing program he created at the time unbeknownst to me who he was only later to write a book about it and his story.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I don't understand is why Ross seems to be getting one-on-one tuition from a Sea Org member. Why is he not doing self-study in a courseroom with a supervisor?

I don't remember a Personal Efficiency course when I was in but there were a lot of similar mini courses and they were done in a courseroom with all the other students.

Maybe things are so bad that they really don't have any other students?:ohmy:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
What I don't understand is why Ross seems to be getting one-on-one tuition from a Sea Org member. Why is he not doing self-study in a courseroom with a supervisor?

I don't remember a Personal Efficiency course when I was in but there were a lot of similar mini courses and they were done in a courseroom with all the other students.

I think that the org knows exactly who these people are and are trying to use it to their advantage. They are treating them "almost" as celebrities. They want to make it seem like everyone gets special treatment.

One thing I did wonder about was that in episode 2 Ross and Carry did say that the parking lot gets really crowded in the evenings. So it seems like there are a lot of people going there.

Is the place full or is it a ghost town? What is going on with that?

Gib

Crusader

there are lots mini courses now available, they are "based on the works of L Ron Hubbard, the PE course is the same. There was once a Dianetics Seminar mini course, based on the works of L Ron Hubbard. I don't know if that is still available. I never did it since I read the stupid book a few times. I believe the "based on LRH works" is a legal stand point having to do with the copyright marks having been expired and the DM and his lawyers had to get around that legal point.

Ross says at the end of the podcast there were no other students in the course room. He was the only one there.

Gib

Crusader
I think that the org knows exactly who these people are and are trying to use it to their advantage. They are treating them "almost" as celebrities. They want to make it seem like everyone gets special treatment.

One thing I did wonder about was that in episode 2 Ross and Carry did say that the parking lot gets really crowded in the evenings. So it seems like there are a lot of people going there.

Is the place full or is it a ghost town? What is going on with that?

Ross mentioned that, but then noted underneath the parking lot is a whole another big parking lot that is empty, IIRC.

And he thought the upper might have been rented out, IIRC.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There is an underground parking lot at big blue?
When did that happen?
And where is it?

Exactly. W-H-A-A-T???

I didn't listen to any of the podcast. Maybe he's talking about a floor of the parking structure rather than the lot next to LA Org.

Paul

JustSheila

Crusader
No, no parking lots underground at Big Blue. :no: There never was and there never will be.

The underground tunnels are too narrow and the structure itself too old and tall to support further excavation. BB can explain, but the complex is not built to be earthquake-proof, as it is primarily concrete, and some areas, like Leb Hall, have structural damage. Excavating tunnels would never get building approval, there is a genuine risk of walls collapsing from the vibrations. I worked on-site for two years for the company that built the first 8 miles of subway track in LA, so I know a bit about this. There are also absolutely no entrances for a vehicle, the entrances are/were just stairwells or regular elevators. Even the few original freight elevators were never big enough for more than one or two golf cart type of vehicles.

The tunnels are about the width of 2-1/2 golf carts at best, but many are only wide enough for 2-3 people. There aren't any sub-tunnels beneath the tunnels, either. Not exactly. There is a short section beneath the main building that connects Leb Hall tunnels to main blg tunnels where it is kind of on two levels, though, and something similar where it connects to the old Pubs org on Sunset.

The only area wide enough for a car is the short tunnel between AOLA and ASHO that goes under the street. That tunnel is/was wide enough for two cars, but it was shut down and sectioned off and apart from ASHO some time in the early 80s for Code reasons. It had water and plumbing leaks then and some of the concrete was damaged. I suppose it's possible individuals might still use it, depending on how permanently they closed it, but there's nowhere for a car to go even if you could get one down there, as the tunnels become narrow again pretty quickly.

The Parking Structure is a separate, unconnected structure, its basement floor not fully underground and that's as far down as it goes, to the best of my memory, but I've only been in the lower level of it a couple of times. BB can confirm.

ADDED: Speaking of tunnels, there was chat a few years ago about a possible tunnel beneath the Hollywood Inn blg (the test center on Hollywood Blvd) and whatever Hubbard blgs are now across the street. The history of that section of Hollywood Blvd is that AFTER the company I worked for built our section of track in the late 80s, the contract was not renewed and LA Metra took over the building of track to save money. They decided to re-use the original tunnels under Hollywood Blvd. Our engineers disagreed. LA Metra went ahead and re-used the tunnels there anyway and built 2-3 miles of track directly under Hollywood Blvd. One night the tunnel collapsed, creating a huge buckle on the street. Nobody was in it at the time, so no one was hurt. Trying to cut costs and save millions cost LA billions. It was about a year before the street was repaired and the tunnel was shut down.

I doubt there is any way to enter that tunnel anymore - it is far too dangerous and would have been walled off by concrete and maybe even filled in completely, so that rumor was just hearsay.

History is documented here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jun/18/news/mn-42276

Last edited: