What's new

Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Clear

JustSheila

Crusader
Re: Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Cl

Prosecco,

Nearly everyone responded to you in a kind and understanding way on this thread - Sindy especially took the time to answer your question and to try to explain it and encourage you. Not everyone sees eye to eye on a forum or completely understands a person just by what they write and everyone has different personalities. It's no big deal. Really. Of course you don't know all of Graham Berry's history or how everyone was intricately involved with everyone else. AnonyMary gave you the right link though: http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/berry1.html

Sindy

Crusader
Re: Police Report re: Mike Rinder's ALLEGED assault on wife re Scientology & Going Cl

Prosecco,

Nearly everyone responded to you in a kind and understanding way on this thread - Sindy especially took the time to answer your question and to try to explain it and encourage you. Not everyone sees eye to eye on a forum or completely understands a person just by what they write and everyone has different personalities. It's no big deal. Really. Of course you don't know all of Graham Berry's history or how everyone was intricately involved with everyone else. AnonyMary gave you the right link though: http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/berry1.html

In other words, when you get an olive branch, take it :) :flowers:

JustSheila

Crusader

In other words, when you get an olive branch, take it :) :flowers:

Hell yeh! And if something bothers you, there's always the Aussie salute:

6a0133ed6f68df970b019affebde90970c-500wi

The Aussie salute, also known as the Barcoo salute (after the Barcoo River)[SUP][1][/SUP] or Bush salute is the waving of one's hand in front of the face at regular intervals in order to prevent bush flies from landing on it, or entering one's nose or mouth.

(In other words, just brush it off. It's no big deal. Really!
:coolwink: )

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Graham Berry is not responding to the ambush or Mike's report of same. Graham Berry is responding to the current Black PR attacks on Mike Rinder re: Going Clear, and Mike's observation in reply that, "You can be certain the statements about the others are no less false." Graham assumed that comment also applied to him. Mike assured Graham that it does. That is what is significant to Graham.

I found that very touching.

Graham Berry is clearly a deeply genuine and forgiving man and Mike didn't hesitate to respond to his question in the affirmative.

Timing and the way in which the question was asked (by Graham) count for a lot.

Precious stuff, thanks for bringing it to our attention CommunicatorIC (I would have flicked through the comments and probably missed it).

:yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Hell yeh! And if something bothers you, there's always the Aussie salute:

6a0133ed6f68df970b019affebde90970c-500wi

The Aussie salute, also known as the Barcoo salute (after the Barcoo River)[SUP][1][/SUP] or Bush salute is the waving of one's hand in front of the face at regular intervals in order to prevent bush flies from landing on it, or entering one's nose or mouth.

(In other words, just brush it off. It's no big deal. Really!
:coolwink: )

Yeah, sure. :no: THIS is why I will NEVER live in Florida, again.

[video=youtube;qKUvCxonIi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUvCxonIi4[/video] yuk!!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Obviously there is a misunderstanding that will never sort out. I am not responding any further.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh my god. How was it judgmental? Or rather how can you, 'feel' it was judgmental by a fucking comment on a message board?

I think you are way over reacting or reading something that simply isn't there. Probably both. Go back and read my messages. They were not judgmental.

And I will say this before I leave this thread and think about why I still feel the need to communicate on a ex message board.

There are lots of lurkers out there. This message board has a reputation, rightly or wrongly for being very scary for new comers, and well, there goes your proof as far as what happens when someone asks a genuine question.

While I may be fairly new to this board, have been off the scientology radar for some time for various reasons, although OSA are fully aware of the fact I'm an ex. This is fairly common for those leaving scientology, and they may be quite versed in some aspects of scientology history and not others with gaps in between. You lose track of people, you find that you know about some issues but not others. So you rely on other people to fill you in and explain things to you.

All the best,

just relax.

some old and some new members are trying to find their 5 min. of fame.......

keep asking. there is no stupid question - only stupid answer!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

<snip>

There are lots of lurkers out there. This message board has a reputation, rightly or wrongly for being very scary for new comers, and well, there goes your proof as far as what happens when someone asks a genuine question.

<snip>

"Very scary for newcomers?" :lol: When I read that sentence, the famous German Fishermans Friend ad popped up in my mind: "Wenn sie zu stark sind, bist Du zu schwach" which translates to "When they're too strong, you're too weak".

Frankly, compared to other message boards, ESMB is actually quite gentle, so I don't really see your point.

Apart from that, I believe it's faster and more effective for a board to treat it's readers with truth and honesty instead of carefully and gently beating around all the bushes all the time so not a single one of their precious leafs gets hurt.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was really touched by the exchange and very glad Graham Berry can find some peace in it.

No matter how many times a person shouts "That is not true, this is my truth" there is always a lingering doubt among others who heard the lies. "Maybe it is true", "maybe he is lying", "why would someone make something like that up if it wasn't true", "I don't want to trust him just in case".
To an honourable man, like Graham, it must be particularly devastating; soul injuring. The powerlessness first being slandered and then dismissed by people who, through understandable self preservation, start questioning his integrity. To walk in a room and wonder how many people are thinking "liar" or worse. Top it all, there is nothing to do or say that will make it better.

It is one thing to be told by people supporting you that they don't believe the lies. It is quite something else to have an ex-perpetrator of the lies saying: It was all lies.
That simple acknowledgement is probably worth more than an apology.

Sindy

Crusader

I was really touched by the exchange and very glad Graham Berry can find some peace in it.

No matter how many times a person shouts "That is not true, this is my truth" there is always a lingering doubt among others who heard the lies. "Maybe it is true", "maybe he is lying", "why would someone make something like that up if it wasn't true", "I don't want to trust him just in case".
To an honourable man, like Graham, it must be particularly devastating; soul injuring. The powerlessness first being slandered and then dismissed by people who, through understandable self preservation, start questioning his integrity. To walk in a room and wonder how many people are thinking "liar" or worse. Top it all, there is nothing to do or say that will make it better.

It is one thing to be told by people supporting you that they don't believe the lies. It is quite something else to have an ex-perpetrator of the lies saying: It was all lies.

Brilliantly and beautifully said and so insightful. I agree with you.

ethercat

Cat in flight

Obviously there is a misunderstanding that will never sort out. I am not responding any further.

I think it was the "lurk more" phrase that was bothersome. I know it's a common phrase among anons and others, but it can come off sounding like someone is being chastised for not doing their homework, even if it wasn't intended that way. It's like if you asked a technical question, and I replied with RTFM (Read The Fine/F*cking Manual), which was very common in the old days.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

I think it was the "lurk more" phrase that was bothersome. I know it's a common phrase among anons and others, but it can come off sounding like someone is being chastised for not doing their homework, even if it wasn't intended that way. It's like if you asked a technical question, and I replied with RTFM (Read The Fine/F*cking Manual), which was very common in the old days.

Well the RTFM comments alone never were useful, apart from being a way for some experienced posters to vent their frustration about ignorant newbies.

On the other hand: I found those RTFM comments that came with one or more useful links for newbies, extremely helpful and I'm still thankful for those.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Someone told me when I was first here (long long ago) to look up some scno word I didn't understand - and did not provide a link - in response to my asking for a definition/explanation . . .

My instant and on-going inner response, though I'd not start a fight over it on the Board (which I consider to be a 'wog' response to such rudeness, not a scno-attack ingrained/trained one), was fuck you, and fuck scno words, and the bullshit about looking all that f'g crap up all day long. If a person can't answer me briefly and/or provide a link in response to a 'newbie' or 'never-in' question about something that is not common knowledge, then fuck them . . . Not the Board . . . I am fairly certain that that person ended up putting me on 'ignore', just annoyed to death by my ignorance, :lol: . . . I had another person tell me that if I'd have gotten 'auditing' I'd not have had the instinctive reaction - that got me to walk out the f'g door of the mission/org I was at, after the so called public 'ethics' course . . . . THAT one really gave me a chuckle . . . . Audit out the very thing that saved my life . . . :hmm:, :no:, no, I don't think so.

Peeling the onion of scno for exes is a life long process, I think. And even someone out for decades can be surprised when they come upon something in themselves that they finally recognize as scno behavior . . . . I only took 3 short public courses, and I have had that happen to me - and when I walked out the door, I was consciously aware of having to trash every thing I learned, except those things that worked for me . . . That in itself was a scno trained response . . . . :laugh:

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Or "find your misunderstood word".

:p

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

My comment was not about your question. Not at all. I am glad you asked a question. As I explained, it was the comment you made about Graham, which came after the question. I felt it was judgmental, based upon lack of facts ( facts which you acknowledged you lacked )

Lesson of the Day: Never cross Sister Mary. :biggrin:

136688240_1180A092_xlarge.jpeg

For the sake of resolving any misunderstandings over Graham's comments on Mike's blog, I've contacted him & asked him to post his own response on this thread. :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I just spoke to Graham. He is neck deep in litigation involving this disgusting cult & is on a deadline, so he won't be posting here anytime soon, but he said his comments to Mike were sincere & he believes Mike has finally waken up to alot of reality about Scientology Inc., and continues to do so. :)