What's new

"Pope" DM exempt from questioning? 12 Sept. video and link.

Veda

Sponsor
Attorney for Miscavige/RTC Lamont Jefferson. First day of preliminary injunction hearing. Transcribed excerpt from 0:38:32 to 0:42:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jVyUFa2ZAc

This video is also posted on the 'Mosey sues cult for harassment' thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?32857-Mosey-sues-cult-for-harrassment/page36

So it won't be lost in that long thread, it's also posted here with a link to the main thread.

Excerpt from Miscavige/RTC attorney Lamont Jefferson, illustrating yet another application of Hubbard's "religion angle":

Your Honor, I am not a Scientologist, but I am a disciple of the first amendment, and that's really what's at issue in this case...

That Mr. Jeffrey wants... to take the deposition of Mr. Miscavige who is the Ecclesiastical leader of a world wide Church...

You honor, Texas law recognizers the ecclesiastical exemption [exception ?] doctrine which I believe clearly applies here, with respect to their request to take deposition, discovery, harass the leader of an International Church...

The court [another court in another case] said the constitution forbids the government from interfering with the right of hierarchical religious bodies to establish their own internal rules and regulations, and to create tribunals for [inaudible] of religious matters...

What Mr. Jeffrey wants to do, by this discovery, is to go beyond, behind, and test if... the Church's... activities [are] lawful...

The law does not allow that your Honor...

The law says civil court may not intrude in the Church's governance of religious or theological matters, such as theological controversies, Church discipline, ecclesiastical governance, or the [inaudible] to standards of morality.

The religion angle is about more than just taxation.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
The law says civil court may not intrude in the Church's governance of religious or theological matters, such as theological controversies, Church discipline, ecclesiastical governance, or the [inaudible] to standards of morality.

Bullshit. We sure legislated the Mormon scriptural practice of polygamy out of existance. There may be limits on the power and a due process to be followed, but a religious body can not commit criminal acts with impunity, and saying this harrasment is how the church solves a religious dispute is saying just that.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Brief derail follows:

Miscavige compares himself with the Pope but every time I've read this comparison it's some reason why he's elevated above everyone else because the Pope wouldn't do this or do that and he's just to Gawd Awful busy to be bothered...so here's some recent articles about how important the Pope really is.

Pope Francis' Communion Wafers Made By Gabriela Caballero, Prisoner In Argentina

Caballero gave the hosts, together with a long letter to the pope, to Bishop Oscar Ojea of San Isidro, who regularly visits the prison. Ojea, in turn, delivered the hosts to the pope on July 16 during a visit to the Vatican.

Francis began using the hosts on July 18; the day after he wrote back to Caballero, thanking her for the gift.

“From tomorrow on I will celebrate Mass with these hosts and I can tell you it’s very touching for me,” Francis wrote.

“Just reading ‘Dear Gabriela’ was a shock for me, as I’m in a place where I am deprived of my freedom,” she told the NOVA interviewer as she showed the pope’s handwritten note.

“In the middle of this darkness … I am proud to know that one can reach the Vatican even from prison,” she added.

Caballero, who has served three years of her sentence, started her small host-making activity in one of the prison’s bathrooms, using old machines given to her and some other convicts by some nuns.

Rape Victim Receives Phone Call From Pope Francis: 'You Are Not Alone,' Pontiff Tells Argentinian Woman

A rape victim from Argentina is among several people who recently received a personal phone call from Pope Francis after they wrote to the pontiff.

The woman, identified only as a 44-year-old, told the Canal 10 TV station in Argentina that Francis called to tell her, “You are not alone,” according to the National Catholic Register.

“The Pope told me he receives thousands of letters each day, but that what I wrote moved him and touched his heart,” said the woman, who had written to the pope about being raped by a police officer in Argentina.

She said she wrote to Francis asking for help, adding that the officer had threatened her and raped her two times. The woman told the Argentinian television station that Francis’ words were reassuring.

“When I heard the pope’s voice, it was like feeling the hand of God,” the woman said.

She said she never expected the pope to respond to her missive and was shocked when her phone rang Sunday afternoon and a voice said, “It’s the pope.”

The 44-year-old rape victim said Francis spoke with her for about 30 minutes. The conversation was about “faith and trust,” she said.

“The pope listened attentively to my story,” the woman said. “I’ll do anything now to go to the Vatican. He told me he would meet with me.”

The woman said she hasn’t felt justice was served, telling Canal 10 TV that local officials allegedly covered up the rapes and wouldn’t even listen to her claims. Adding insult to injury, she said, the police officer who raped her was given a promotion.

But despite the lack of progress in prosecuting her alleged rapist, the woman said she was uplifted by the 76-year-old pope’s phone call.

“Now I know that I am not alone, and I will pick myself up again,” she said. “The Pope told me that I am not alone and that I should have faith that justice will be done.”

The phone call from Pope Francis is not the first time the humble pontiff has spoken to people who have written letters to him.

Pope Francis takes a selfie, solidifies Catholic Church's newly cool image

Since when has the Pope been so cool? Since he became Pope Francis, actually. And he’s constantly painting a better image of himself and, by extension, the Catholic Church.

This week, he was caught taking selfies with Italian teens. (Sidenote: Maybe that’s why "selfie" was added to the Oxford Dictionaries Online this week?)

To be clear, this is historic. No other Pope has ever taken a selfie of any kind – ever.

As has been pointed out many times, Pope Francis is relatable. He’s like a family member, an uncle perhaps, who’s had years of experience travelling and living. So when he gives you advice, you treat it as gold.

He’s also more accepting than we’ve seen previous popes be. On gay priests, Pope Francis said: “If they accept the Lord and have good will, who am I to judge them?” A radical change from the previous Pope Benedict XVI who banned homosexuals from working in the Catholic Church.

He also made positive comments about women in the church, a traditionally touchy subject. Pope Francis said he wished women filled more roles and that he wants a deeper “theology of women” in the Catholic Church.

All of this is on top of the fact that he joined Twitter, and has, on his English account, close to three-million followers. He tweets everyday sort of things, like parts of prayers and instructions to ask for salvation: “Don’t be afraid to ask God for forgiveness. He never tires of forgiving us. God is pure mercy,” he tweeted on Aug. 25.

He’s also shown that he’s humble, not because he says he is but because his actions show he really is. He turned down the opportunity to cruise around town in vehicles like a BMW X5, a Mercedes and a custom-made Renault, opting instead for the more subtle Ford Focus.

Though he had the option to spend the summer with his feet up in Castel Gandolfo, the traditional Vatican residence with views overlooking Lake Albano, Pope Francis chose to continue living at a Vatican guesthouse where he had been since the election back in March.

And then there was that time when someone ordered a statue be built of him in front of his former cathedral in Buenos Aires, and he ordered them to stop. They listened.

The man’s got power, and he’s using it for good.

I love this guy and I'm the furthest thing from Christian or Catholic one can get...but I'm a hell of a lot closer to that than I am to Scientology.

Miscavige comparing himself to this guy? Makes me wanna puke. Miscavige is a cockroach. Just think how Miscavige treats prisoners, rape victims and teens...he slaps and beats prisoners that he imprisoned...covers up particulars regarding rape victims and then blames them...and uses teens for slave labor.

PS I'm entirely aware of the various problems and issues regarding the Papacy and the Catholic Church...still it appears that this is a sincere attempt to rectify those issues.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Attorney for Miscavige/RTC Lamont Jefferson. First day of preliminary injunction hearing. Transcribed excerpt from 0:38:32 to 0:42:55.

This video is also posted on the 'Mosey sues cult for harassment' thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?32857-Mosey-sues-cult-for-harrassment/page36

So it won't be lost in that long thread, it's also posted here with a link to the main thread.

Excerpt from Miscavige/RTC attorney Lamont Jefferson, illustrating yet another application of Hubbard's "religion angle":

Your Honor, I am not a Scientologist, but I am a disciple of the first amendment, and that's really what's at issue in this case...

That Mr. Jeffrey wants... to take the deposition of Mr. Miscavige who is the Ecclesiastical leader of a world wide Church...

You honor, Texas law recognizers the ecclesiastical exemption [exception ?] doctrine which I believe clearly applies here, with respect to their request to take deposition, discovery, harass the leader of an International Church...

The court [another court in another case] said the constitution forbids the government from interfering with the right of hierarchical religious bodies to establish their own internal rules and regulations, and to create tribunals for [inaudible] of religious matters...

What Mr. Jeffrey wants to do, by this discovery, is to go beyond, behind, and test if... the Church's... activities [are] lawful...

yeah, I hope this is this bullshits last stand...

The religion angle is about more than just taxation.[/QUOTE]

The reason Miss Cabbage should not be required to make any sort of deposition is because they have no evidence he ordered anything. And they don't have to prove any such claim that he did. It really doesn't matter in this case.

It is sufficient that the court order a cease and desist, based upon Rathburn's right to free speech, particularly with respect to authority. Any authority.

The church has no authority to put him under surveillance, unless he consents. Or, is conducting criminal acts, which they must somehow prove.

The fact they admitted they'd put him under surveillance, is just too funny and shows how stupid they are. I mean that was hilarious. Protecting their orthodoxy. LMAO.

It would be one thing if Rathburn were a printing contractor and altering their text, and they wanted to film it.

But they deserve protection from public speaking? Awesome. Just awesome.

What I don't understand is they come after this guy, who knows practically nothing, and ignore me completely.

I know, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM.............

LOL

Veda

Sponsor
The reason Miss Cabbage should not be required to make any sort of deposition is because they have no evidence he ordered anything.

-snip-

What I don't understand is they come after this guy, who knows practically nothing, and ignore me completely.

I know, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM.............

LOL

Just for laughs, since you know EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, did Miscavige order the surveillance? Did he order the harassment?

Do you think that Miscavige micro manages Scientology and, of course, he would have known?

In other words, do you think that Miscavige is guilty as hell?

Veda

Sponsor
Yesterday when I heard Jefferson say the above noted words I thought of Veda and Arnie. I said to myself, "Well that cinches it...the cult having religious status is what makes it so hard to beat them legally. It should be rescinded. They're a mafia organization, not a church."

Bullshit. We sure legislated the Mormon scriptural practice of polygamy out of existance. There may be limits on the power and a due process to be followed, but a religious body can not commit criminal acts with impunity, and saying this harrasment is how the church solves a religious dispute is saying just that.

:) Scientology is going to use Hubbard's "religion angle" in every possible way. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. It works enough of the time to be of concern.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Just for laughs, since you know EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, did Miscavige order the surveillance? Did he order the harassment?

Do you think that Miscavige micro manages Scientology and, of course, he would have known?

In other words, do you think that Miscavige is guilty as hell?

there is an interesting point in this and I do not claim to know the answer to this.

If Miscavige read a report of the Rathbuns being harassed and had the power to stop it - and didn't - does that make him as culpable as if he had ordered it himself? Could that be enough to make him personally and corporately liable?

From my limited working time with Miscavige experience I have no doubt at all that he was all over this but actually finding a "smoking memo" is going to be very hard indeed and no judge worth his salt is going to take action on the basis that "everyone knows".

As for the despairing comment someone made about how they were concerned this was going to get bogged down - welcome to the Scientology defense strategy - the corporate structure is deliberately set up to be both confusing, hard to penetrate and deliberately obtuse. Denise can confirm all of that she was involved in a lot of the set up.

DM will have the lawyers fight EVERYTHING, they will dispute every assertion, every fact and they will do it again and again.

Marty knows this.

Now maybe he has some killa blow tucked up his sleeve, I would hope so, otherwise I fear that this may end the way most of these end. I hope note, I hope Mosey does get her genuine and deserved relief from these assholes.

The reason Miss Cabbage should not be required to make any sort of deposition is because they have no evidence he ordered anything. And they don't have to prove any such claim that he did. It really doesn't matter in this case.

So basically the cult's defense is;

if a drug addict murder's someone to acquire money to buy drugs, the drug dealer can not be held liable for the murder, but if the drug dealer ordered the murder then he can be held liable.

So the cult's lawyers are arguing that Miscavige can not be held liable for what the retards stupid enough to get involved in Scientology happen to do ... unless he ordered them to do it, however since there is no proof he ordered anything, it has nothing to do with him.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
So basically the cult's defense is;

if a drug addict murder's someone to acquire money to buy drugs, the drug dealer can not be held liable for the murder, but if the drug dealer ordered the murder then he can be held liable.

So the cult's lawyers are arguing that Miscavige can not be held liable for what the retards stupid enough to get involved in Scientology happen to do ... unless he ordered them to do it, however since there is no proof he ordered anything, it has nothing to do with him.

psychopaths et al. blame others for their own acts.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
OT Pope goes into hiding!

…...

Discovery & Disclosure & Depositions, Oh My!

Isn't it sordidly and entertainingly ironic that Captain Miscavige (the world's number one Scientologist) refuses so publicly to answer any questions in court? Doesn't the purported foundational bedrock of COS scripture mandate that:

* Scientologists first complete the communication course and TR's, where they are exhaustively trained that the asking and answering of questions is vital to achieving spiritual freedom?

* "Senior Policy" is to "always answer people's questions"?

* "Confronting" and "Communicating" are the only "way out of the trap" that lead to a "world without insanity, criminality and war"?

* The very first auditing level is Grade 0 where Scientologists are required to attain the "ability to talk to anybody about anything"?

Further compounding the buffoonery, don't loyal Scientologists fervently believe that their leader Miscavige, is a fearless warrior who swaggers his way directly into the face of planetary "SPs" where he "dauntlessly and defiantly" shatters them--rather than flee?

How comical is it that the supreme OT Miscavige is, in fact, a terrified coward who hides trembling behind multiple veils of cloaking fronted by dozens of wog attorneys, just like his mentor L. Ron Hubbard?

It's 2013 and corporate-religious shell games are the new Bluebird motor home.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

My goodness Veda - you have NAILED it! The ONLY two reason's Scientology is a religion - to not pay taxes and not have to abide by the law of the land. Even if they don't get Slappy Miscavige on the stand - that will only make it more and more real that Slappy can do whatever he wants and has to answer to NO ONE!!

One of these days - someone may kill him (not me - no interest in breaking the law for Slappy MissCabbage) but he is going to push too far...and his life will be over and the Cult will fall!!

I can honestly say Veda - this is the "CLEAR COGNITION"! To figure out exactly WHAT SCIENTOLOGY IS and what it is NOT!!

Here is what it is - Scientology is a business that bilks millions of dollars from its victims while hiding behind a "religious cloak" - one of the nastiest things to do to a being - promise spiritual freedom and help and give back betrayal.

Scientology is NOT a Church that helps people or makes the able more able. It is not spiritual nor is it FREE - don't mix money with religion says the Hubbard - but as soon as you ask for a refund - you are declared a SP - a Hitler type person! Scientology is NOT a good group that helps mankind. It does not deliver anything of lasting value and it harms and destroys in the name of help.

Don't believe me - just LOOK at all the bodies - deaths, suicides, bankruptcy, foreclosure, divorces, shattered lives and families. All for absolutely NOTHING!!

The price they will pay is beyond words...there is the law of "cause" and "effect" and soon, very, very soon - Scientology will get its reverse flow. It ain't gonna be pretty - mark my words!!

I like the comment by DM's lawyer - they are trying to depose him to get more $ out of the [STRIKE]cult[/STRIKE] Church Duh!:duh:

Or the Judge realizing it is all one large operation controlled by Miscavage. I hope he keeps him on the hook, though I think he'll settle before being deposed.

Mimsey

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
........................The religion angle is about more than just taxation.

IMO Veda is one of the best informed and most knowledgeable persons I know on this subject.

To support what he and others like Idle Morgue have been saying, I'll just list a bit from an affidavit from someone I once knew well who taught much of this crap to Miscavige. It was in a secret meeting with Miscavige in October 1981 where Miscavige gave his approval of the new corporate structures after satisfying himself that he could have complete control over organized scientology and could hide that control so as to avoid any and all liability for same. After his approval, CSI was launched in early December with the rest of corporate scientology following. Miscavige controlled all the people in corporate authority and had undated resignations of each corporate official in case he needed to use them. Anyway......:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Talk:Declaration_of_Lawrence_H._Brennan

…........ RELIGIOUS CLOAKING IN THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

7. Based on years of work in the senior most legal bodies of organized scientology as covered above I have dealt with directly or supervised the handling of hundreds of legal matters involving the organizations of scientology which directly or indirectly had to do with using religious cloaking to help handle a real or potential legal or PR problem involving said organizations. This included a wide range of legal matters involving taxes, immigration, licensing, corporate, potential draft issues, practice of medicine and/or psychology, sales of services, employment laws and much more. This involves times both within the Guardians Office as well as later in Special Unit and from my position as WDC X.

8. It was determined that the only way to handle many of the legal matters in front of us and still apply Hubbard’s policies that had to do with staff, ethics, sales of services, money, delivery of services and the like was to develop and use a religious cloaking saying scientology was a religion, its services religious, its staff members of religious orders and the like. I can state without doubt that the overwhelming main reason that organized scientology developed and pushed its religious cloaking was to avoid a myriad of real or potential legal problems that would exist by following Hubbard’s policies if it were not considered a religion. By developing this religious cloaking for organized scientology it was hoped to avoid legal requirements around the world that might otherwise have to be followed that would make it impossible to follow Hubbard’s policies. In developing the religious cloaking for organized scientology, the following were considered a few of the “benefits” so that Hubbard policies could be applied. There are countless examples but the below are listed simply as a few of them:

(i) minimum wages would not have to be paid;
(ii) staff could be sent to different parts of the world and be able to stay locally as religious workers;
(iii) standard employee rights, such as those found in laws like the Fair Labor Standards Act, could be discarded and thus Hubbard policies involving such things as ethics conditions, the Rehabilitation Project Force and the like could be applied without outside interference;
(iv) less scrutiny would be allowed on the controls of the funds of scientology and the intermingling of funds between the corporations and other legal fictions of organized scientology;
(v) it was hoped that the treatment of public scientologists and the use of their funds would be considered outside the purview of governmental bodies;
(vi) couching the demand for and flow of monies within organized scientology using “religious” terms (such as by saying that clear cut mandatory payments for services were “fixed donations” and were mandated by the scripture of “exchange”) was hoped to cut off attempts by governments and others to look into them further;
(vii) what was considered one of the most important reasons for the religious cloaking was so that the services of dianetics and scientology could be delivered without it being considered the practice of psychology and/or medicine. It was feared that unless there was a religious cloaking developed and used throughout organized scientology that its practices would be outlawed in many parts the world…………

...............11. Two of the things that organized scientology felt were of the most importance in order to avoid compliance with many laws that were contrary to Hubbard policy were the religious cloaking as covered above and a corporate restructuring to make it very difficult if not impossible for outsiders to ever get to the main assets of organized scientology and to ensure that the real leaders of organized scientology could be insulated from legal liability by hiding their real controls behind a myriad of corporate and other legal veils. It was considered both a defensive and offensive strategy to have such cloaking (religious and corporate) in place. Defensively it makes it very difficult for individuals or even governments to force legal compliance of the many types of laws as covered above. It also makes it almost impossible to hold those that really control organized scientology responsible legally or to get to the financial assets of organized scientology spread out around the world. Offensively, it gives organized scientology a “safe base” from which to attack critics and/or anyone it feels is its enemy. Hiding behind religious cloaking and corporate veils it can act as a victim when people point out its crimes and injustices calling them “religious bigots” and even scaring governments, many of whom are not supposed to get involved with “religious matters”. By calling policies by Hubbard or Miscavige that are otherwise abusive or contrary to law “religious scripture” it was hoped to avoid legal scrutiny of same……………..

.............17. In summation, religious cloaking was constantly pushed within organized scientology by Hubbard by its legal and PR departments and later by Miscavige to gain undeserved legal and PR advantages, to make more money, to use as a cover when abusing staff, public and even non scientologists, to hide behind when attacked by others and to use to discredit and attack others. Normal staff and public scientologists know little to nothing about the lies behind the religious cloaking. They were constantly deceived by Hubbard and then Miscavige as well as was the broad public. Most scientologists have no idea that the only real reason organized scientology promotes itself as a religion are the above points………………….

………….32. Religious cloaking was intentionally used to help organized scientology make money and to avoid compliance with a myriad of laws that would otherwise apply if it was not so considered. The use of scholars to say scientology was a religion or organized scientology was a religious organization was carefully planned and executed to forward the cover of the religious cloaking.

33. The entire corporate reorganization of 1981 on was to hide assets from litigants/governments and to protect those secretly running organized scientology from legal liability......

FWIW

Anonycat

Crusader
IMO Veda is one of the best informed and most knowledgeable persons I know on this subject.

To support what he and others like Idle Morgue have been saying, I'll just list a bit from an affidavit from someone I once knew well who taught much of this crap to Miscavige. It was in a secret meeting with Miscavige in October 1981 where Miscavige gave his approval of the new corporate structures after satisfying himself that he could have complete control over organized scientology and could hide that control so as to avoid any and all liability for same. After his approval, CSI was launched in early December with the rest of corporate scientology following. Miscavige controlled all the people in corporate authority and had undated resignations of each corporate official in case he needed to use them. Anyway......:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Talk:Declaration_of_Lawrence_H._Brennan

FWIW

Thank you! Fantastic post and re-posting of important information!

This is exactly what we're seeing challenged in court, isn't it?:

...............11. Two of the things that organized scientology felt were of the most importance in order to avoid compliance with many laws that were contrary to Hubbard policy were the religious cloaking as covered above and a corporate restructuring to make it very difficult if not impossible for outsiders to ever get to the main assets of organized scientology and to ensure that the real leaders of organized scientology could be insulated from legal liability by hiding their real controls behind a myriad of corporate and other legal veils. It was considered both a defensive and offensive strategy to have such cloaking (religious and corporate) in place. Defensively it makes it very difficult for individuals or even governments to force legal compliance of the many types of laws as covered above. It also makes it almost impossible to hold those that really control organized scientology responsible legally or to get to the financial assets of organized scientology spread out around the world. Offensively, it gives organized scientology a “safe base” from which to attack critics and/or anyone it feels is its enemy. Hiding behind religious cloaking and corporate veils it can act as a victim when people point out its crimes and injustices calling them “religious bigots” and even scaring governments, many of whom are not supposed to get involved with “religious matters”. By calling policies by Hubbard or Miscavige that are otherwise abusive or contrary to law “religious scripture” it was hoped to avoid legal scrutiny of same……………..

.............17. In summation, religious cloaking was constantly pushed within organized scientology by Hubbard by its legal and PR departments and later by Miscavige to gain undeserved legal and PR advantages, to make more money, to use as a cover when abusing staff, public and even non scientologists, to hide behind when attacked by others and to use to discredit and attack others. Normal staff and public scientologists know little to nothing about the lies behind the religious cloaking. They were constantly deceived by Hubbard and then Miscavige as well as was the broad public. Most scientologists have no idea that the only real reason organized scientology promotes itself as a religion are the above points………………….

………….32. Religious cloaking was intentionally used to help organized scientology make money and to avoid compliance with a myriad of laws that would otherwise apply if it was not so considered. The use of scholars to say scientology was a religion or organized scientology was a religious organization was carefully planned and executed to forward the cover of the religious cloaking.

33. The entire corporate reorganization of 1981 on was to hide assets from litigants/governments and to protect those secretly running organized scientology from legal liability......

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Lamont Jefferson, Miscavige's lawyer, should have no problem employing his Religious Cloaking of Miscavige Strategy.

All he needs do is convince the Court of one thing:

​Harassment is a Sacrament of The "Church" of Scientology.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Lamont Jefferson, Miscavige's lawyer, should have no problem employing his Religious Cloaking of Miscavige Strategy.

All he needs do is convince the Court of one thing:

​Harassment is a Sacrament of The "Church" of Scientology.

It's certainly part of Ron's scripture.

Scientology is the result you get when Satan becomes the savior of eternity.

HIP! HIP!