What's new

Portland Pics

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
The front looks right. We called it the Masonic Temple.

---

I ended up back in Portland twice - when Helen Burke was shot (and 4 other staff) at CCPTL. Mr Godeka shot 4 or 5 staff and set the org on fire. I audited Helen and C/Sed a bunch of others. Helens situation was so sad. She was 5 months pregnant when she was shot and the baby's brain stem stopped growing. She lived a year before passing. The baby's name was Bridgette. Such a pretty name for a pretty little girl. And Helen was paralyzed from the waist down after that. And I also covered for the Senior C/S who went to Flag for a few weeks. Diane something... the ED's wife, was the Senior C/S.

And second time was when Butch Nosko's wife died. I went to Delphi to audit Butch and maybe a couple other people, cant remember.

Purple Rain

Crusader

---

I ended up back in Portland twice - when Helen Burke was shot (and 4 other staff) at CCPTL. Mr Godeka shot 4 or 5 staff and set the org on fire. I audited Helen and C/Sed a bunch of others. Helens situation was so sad. She was 5 months pregnant when she was shot and the baby's brain stem stopped growing. She lived a year before passing. The baby's name was Bridgette. Such a pretty name for a pretty little girl. And Helen was paralyzed from the waist down after that. And I also covered for the Senior C/S who went to Flag for a few weeks. Diane something... the ED's wife, was the Senior C/S.

And second time was when Butch Nosko's wife died. I went to Delphi to audit Butch and maybe a couple other people, cant remember.

That is the saddest story, Bea. Poor lady. Poor little girl. RIP Bridgette.

Polly

Patron with Honors

:sorry: Bea

Free Being Me

Crusader

---

:ohmy: :sad: :rose:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I was not trying to steal the thread! Just one more section of comments about that before I stop stealing the thread:

Did you notice that I put 4 - 5 staff shot? Where were the public? I don't think there were any in the org when he did it. One was a Sea Org member from Flag. All of them were ok, just Helen's was the saddest story of them.

The other thing was that when she woke up after surgery, and she was told that she was paralyzed... the first thing she asked was where her desk would be so that she could get back on post (for those who don't know, CCPTL layout is that when you walk into reception area, you have to go down a set of stairs or up stairs to get to any offices).

I think this happened in 96 if I am not mistaken...

I do know that Workmens Comp covered everything, including her future ability to work, getting construction done on her house so she could access it and the rooms inside.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

That makes sense, Polly. It's the Ira Keller Fountain (it was called something different in the 80s), across the street from the Portland Civic Center. It's 5 blocks due south of Lownsdale Park at SW 3rd & Clay Street.

IraKellerFountain_CB_2008.jpg

Polly

Patron with Honors
I was not trying to steal the thread! Just one more section of comments about that before I stop stealing the thread:

I'm not worried about this thread being stolen! I posted it for all of us! And I think if clammie looks at the pics will find man in kilt. Feel free to post pics and memories. :yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And I think if clammie looks at the pics will find man in kilt.

John Harvey, long-time UK SO member starting in AOUK in Edinburgh then at Saint Hill until his death a couple of years ago. Good guy. He sometimes wore his kilt on special occasions at Saint Hill.

Paul

Polly

Patron with Honors
John Harvey, long-time UK SO member starting in AOUK in Edinburgh then at Saint Hill until his death a couple of years ago. Good guy. He sometimes wore his kilt on special occasions at Saint Hill.

Paul

Thank you very much for that!

Oh yeah on personal note here... Hey hey Paul....in my best singing voice.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You two should form a new group - Paul and Polly

I noticed years ago that "Paul" doesn't fit into songs or poems too well, nor for that matter does it slide off the tongue when saying my full name (Paul Adams). I sometimes wished for a first name with two syllables, like my older siblings. My mother told me that she had grown tired of people shortening their names badly to one syllable (like "Nigel" to "Nige") so for me deliberately started off with only one in the first place.

Which is probably why that song has two "heys" in it instead of the more natural one. He should have called himself "Johnny." :)

Paul

Polly

Patron with Honors
I noticed years ago that "Paul" doesn't fit into songs or poems too well, nor for that matter does it slide off the tongue when saying my full name (Paul Adams). I sometimes wished for a first name with two syllables, like my older siblings. My mother told me that she had grown tired of people shortening their names badly to one syllable (like "Nigel" to "Nige") so for me deliberately started off with only one in the first place.

Which is probably why that song has two "heys" in it instead of the more natural one. He should have called himself "Johnny." :)

Paul

Hmmm... I've always liked my name and yours.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_(name)

And then there's this movie I love.... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_(film)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hmmm... I've always liked my name and yours.

What percentage of your friends call you "Pol"?

Although you already have the "-y" (sound) suffix built in. I got called "Paulie" (Pauly?) sometimes: I hated it as a kid but it was OK when a girl I liked called me that. :)

Paul

Polly

Patron with Honors
What percentage of your friends call you "Pol"?

Although you already have the "-y" suffix built in. I got called "Paulie" sometimes: I hated it as a kid but it was OK when a girl I liked called me that. :)

Paul

Well my given name is Paula I go by Polly here simply because that is how I was known in my previous life as a scilon.... And I've been called all sorts of forms of the name... But as my grandma always said.."You can call me whatever you like just don't call me late for dinner."

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

Wow great pics, thank you for that. I looked for me in them and thankfully didn't find any that I could recognize (although I did look a tad different back then).

A bunch of us from RealWorld Corporation on the east coast of the USA went to Portland for that little happening. Gawd I bet I walked around that courthouse over 100 times holding a sign saying "Live Free or Die", and then in small letters at the bottom "Our State Motto".

We thought we were doing good but clearly were not. Such misdirected energy. :faceslap:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Paul

I object! :biggrin:

What about oldie but goodie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3JsuWz4xWc

One-syllable names can work pretty well in songs, I'd say.

Polly

Patron with Honors
Wow great pics, thank you for that. I looked for me in them and thankfully didn't find any that I could recognize (although I did look a tad different back then).

A bunch of us from RealWorld Corporation on the east coast of the USA went to Portland for that little happening. Gawd I bet I walked around that courthouse over 100 times holding a sign saying "Live Free or Die", and then in small letters at the bottom "Our State Motto".

We thought we were doing good but clearly were not. Such misdirected energy. :faceslap:

Well unless any of us remember exactly what we were wearing then any of the group pics could contain a lot of our backsides..