What's new

Post-Traumatic Stress after Escaping Scientology

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
David Love Candid Talk About PTSD and Adam Holland Disconnection

September 3, 2012 - David Love talks about recent Disconnection from daughter; Adam Holland in MacLeans's Magazine (Scientology's Secret Plans For Canada); Dead Agent attacks, and the abuses within Scientology Rehabs, Narconon. Scientology, without a doubt, is a paranoid-bully type cult that preys on the desperate and vulnerable citizens on an unprecedented global scale. Too many have suffered for far too long - Disconnection is painful, sometimes leading to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other ailments. Indeed, an isideous cult of destruction - even DEATH.

http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/964740--resort-to-become-scientology-retreat

http://www.examiner.com/personal-safety-in-montreal/david-love

[video=youtube;C_Mnt3DBiKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Mnt3DBiKA[/video]

Intelligence

Foot-Note: Adam Holland, an Ex-Sea ORG Member, is in my opinion, a young fellow of superb intelligence and caring, loving heart - - one that will continue on this battle of OPPRESSION and ABUSE, long after old guys like me are gone. I have protested with him in Toronto and Montreal when Sparrow was there too, and I consider Adam a "Dear Friend" indeed. My heart goes out to him not being able to talk to his Dad. I lost my Dad when I was only 8 - - my Dad died at age 39 - - it was a most devestating event in my life, so yes, I know what it's like to lose a Dad. BLESS YOU ADAM - WE LOVE YOU DEARLY {{{HUGS}}} ♥♥♥

XFSO

Patron
Symptoms of PTSD and no money for therapy are the reason I joined this message board, I've been out for about 5 years (I'm 25) I didn't know anyone who wasn't a scientologist and so my disconnection was absolute, I've made a new life and new friends an I have not said one word about it to anyone, I seriously fear OSA in such an obsessive way that it wasn't until now I gathered the courage to post for the first time on this thread because it speaks to me at a personal level, I really struggle with lapses of depression that last months, he same insomnia and paranoia everyone else here is describing I hope I can tell more of my story to you later, the details of my "time served" would give away my identity to them right away, or so my paranoia tells me, anyways, it feels good to finally contribute something here after lurking in the shadows for so long

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Dear XFSO:
You are not alone. I felt depression, could not sleep or eat for about one month after I left this awful Cult. I cried almost every single day. It took me about two years to really not waste my time thinking about my losses in Scientology.
I must tell you that those things passed.
You left and it is the best thing you did to your life. Life is good and wonderful after the indoctrination in the Cult.
You did not waste 30 years of your life working as a slave for DM. :omg:
Do not say too much about you, which place your worked, when you left.
What helped me was to write in my C drive my story in the Cult. Once in a while a read it, and it made me stronger.
You are here among friends, who understand you completely.
Hugs to you and all the best.

:handinhand: :handinhand: :handinhand: :handinhand:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
:welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Techniques of getting back to normal after leaving a cult.

Technique 6.

Former cult members often feel that they are "stupid" because they were unable to see what they were getting into.
This is a tremendous blow to your self-confidence, you cannot overcome this deficiency alone, you need your friends' help in dealing with this issue.

I am sure that all ex-Scientologists have friends who were never involved with Scientology; in fact, there are many members of this board who were never exposed to the Tech.

Your non-Scientology friends do not think that you are stupid; otherwise they would not be friendly with you. Ask your friends to write essays about you. Ask them to describe what they see in you, and explain why the friendship with you is so important to them.

======================
Although I am an ex-Scietologists, my contact with the cult was so brief that I did not suffer any negative effect as the result of it. For many years I used to think that people who suffered immensely after leaving the cult were not very smart.

But I was 100% wrong about that; it was a lack of knowledge on my part -- I had not visited any anti-Scientology website at that time. When I finally joined WWP, it became clear to me that vast majority of its members are very intelligent and caring individuals (the same is true about ESMB and OCMB). It took me only couple of days to change my opinion about the victims of the cult.

I am sure that everyone, except for the OSA trolls, agrees with me when I say that practically all ex-Scientologists, including my frequent opponents, are very smart cookies from whom I learned a lot about the Tech (I have reached only Level 0, I still need to learn more about Scientology).

So, if anyone tells you that only an idiot could join a cult, do not take that person seriously because he/she is no psychologist, he/she does not have a proper eductaion and professional experience to judge you; instead, think about the people who value your opinion and your outlook on life.

XFSO

Patron
Dear XFSO:
You are not alone. I felt depression, could not sleep or eat for about one month after I left this awful Cult. I cried almost every single day. It took me about two years to really not waste my time thinking about my losses in Scientology.
I must tell you that those things passed.
You left and it is the best thing you did to your life. Life is good and wonderful after the indoctrination in the Cult.
You did not waste 30 years of your life working as a slave for DM. :omg:
Do not say too much about you, which place your worked, when you left.
What helped me was to write in my C drive my story in the Cult. Once in a while a read it, and it made me stronger.
You are here among friends, who understand you completely.
Hugs to you and all the best.

:handinhand: :handinhand: :handinhand: :handinhand:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
:welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2:

I have been out for about 7 years and just yesterday I made my first post on the Internet, unfortunately my screen name kind of gives away where I worked, I was highly trained there and my struggle is not only with the effects it has on me now, but also the guilt of what I did to other people, when we are taking about brainwashing I did that to literally thousands of people who in turn went back to whrerever they came from and continue to spread the disease, that weights very heavy on me.

Intelligence

Once again I thank everyone for their couageous posts.

QUESTION? - - As many already know, I write many articles for the Montreal Examiner and also, I'm currently writing two books. One will wait till after the Human Rights Commission hearings before being published.

However, I am pushing forward on my second book, hoping to complete by end of October 2012.

With the "Poster's" permission who have posted in this Thread, I would like to include some of these posts in my book in a new chapter I'm writing tomorrow???

Thank you and have a nice week everyone:thumbsup:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious

QUESTION? - - As many already know, I write many articles for the Montreal Examiner and also, I'm currently writing two books. One will wait till after the Human Rights Commission hearings before being published.

However, I am pushing forward on my second book, hoping to complete by end of October 2012.

With the "Poster's" permission who have posted in this Thread, I would like to include some of these posts in my book in a new chapter I'm writing tomorrow???

If you find my materials helpful, you can include them in your book.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious

Technique 7.

This technique consists of making fun of the cult's Founder and his teachings.

For a long time the cult leader was a person whom you were looking up to, his was a dominant figure in your life whose teachings carried enormous weight. Now you have to belittle him by dragging him through the mud. The more you degrade him, the freer you become.

1. You can simply hurl insults at Hubbard. Write those insults on a piece of paper or put them in a computer file. Review your insults periodically and add new ones to them.

2. Record your jokes about Hubbard and Tech and review them periodically, also add new jokes when you feel like doing it.

3. Collect Hubbard jokes that you find on the Internet and periodically reread them.

A wise man, whose name I forgot, said once, "When people laugh at something, that thing loses its power over them".

At a first glance this technique may seem odd, but you will be surprised by its effectiveness.

Dear Heart, you are very welcome to use anything and everything that I have ever said or quoted here, if you feel that it may help someone. That's the whole point of my being here! :happydance:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious

Technique 8.

This is the most time-consuming technique, but it is also one of the most effective.
You have to critisize, in writing, EVERYTHING that you learned while being in a cult, not just parts of the doctrine.

Most likely you already know why Dianetics and the OT data are the biggest crap that you can find on this planet. You might think that this is enough to set you free from the cult doctrine, but you are mistaken -- you have to understand why the other parts of Scientology do not work (by "other parts" I mean the parts that you encountered, there is no need to pay attention to the parts that you did not encounter when you were a Scientologist).

It might be difficult for you to find out exactly what is wrong with certain parts of Scientology on your own. But the help is here, at this website -- there is plenty of people who can explain what is wrong with specific parts of the doctrine. You could read their posts or send a PM to them; I am sure they will be eager to help you.

To be frank, I am not one of those people because I have reached Level 0 only, my knowledge of Scientology is very limited. But if you want to discuss the Management Series with me, I will be glad to help you (I have MS in Financial Engineering, I can tell exactly what is wrong with the Hubbard "management system").

I suggest you read the posts by Gadfly, Veda, Infinite, Sweetness, Smila, and several other members to understand why the Scientology doctrine is unworkable.

After you understand why everything that you learned about Scientology is false, you should start writing your own essays covering the topic. You do not have to post your essays, although it would be nice to do so; your essays are mostly for yourself.

As I said in the beginning of the artice, this is a slow process, it might take you several years to go through it.

The process worked perfectly for me -- it took me 2 years to unburden myself from Darwinism.

Jquepublic

If anything I had to add to the conversation will help with your book you're welcome to use it.

Good luck with your deadline! :eyeroll:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
When it comes to dealing with the post traumatic stress that follows you around after you have escaped from Scientology, there is an excellent, theraputic gambling game that will definitely get your mind off of the HubTurd, TR's, bullbaiting, check sheets, SRA's, face rippings, etc. It's an excellent way to relax and enjoy life. Check out this video of folks relaxing, enjoying, and having the time of their lives, totally oblivious to Scientology.

Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqakCa-MysE&feature=related

Here a page from a website showing SPECT scans of the brain of a woman suffering with PTSD who was treated with talking therapy, EMDR and St. John's Wort (an herbal remedy), and no meds. This is by a Psychiatrist with a good reputation locally in Southern California. (He also prescribes medication where appropriate.)

http://www.amenclinics.com/index.ph.../ptsd-depression-and-anxiety?category_id=146/

Pretty interesting!

Here is more about EMDR treatment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

http://www.emdr.com/

Intelligence

It's been just over two weeks now since I posted the article on this Thread and
elsewhere and it is quite incredible to read the comments and see how MANY were affected, and most importantly, still are - - including myself.

I've been juggling chapters around in my new book and the one about Post Trauma after leaving the COS, is indeed filling many pages.

Thank you and {{{HUGS}}} to ALL:thumbsup: