What's new

Posting on the internet is like picking your nose in the car

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors
Emma, your crusty analogy of picking noses brings much laughter. The procees of escaping a dangerous cult is complicated on so many levels...would you agree? Do you rembember our dialogue on OCMB years ago? I think your OCMB post was "Can't we all get along," or something like that. I was the 1st to challenge you and actually agreed with you. But you did not respond. You seemed to have a different agenda. If I am wrong or off base here please share.........

Picking an eye-lash out from an eye has the same effect yes? Or no?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma, your crusty analogy of picking noses brings much laughter. The procees of escaping a dangerous cult is complicated on so many levels...would you agree? Do you rembember our dialogue on OCMB years ago? I think your OCMB post was "Can't we all get along," or something like that. I was the 1st to challenge you and actually agreed with you. But you did not respond. You seemed to have a different agenda. If I am wrong or off base here please share.........

Picking an eye-lash out from an eye has the same effect yes? Or no?

Tom you keep bringing up conversations we had on OCMB many years ago. I have a reasonably good memory but I can't recall every post I've ever made. I've not posted much to OCMB since I started ESMB which was over 6 years ago.

Can you link me to what you are talking about? Also I'm not sure what agenda you have pegged me with. My agenda on OCMB was mainly to allow newly out people some space & not to jump on them too hard if they still found aspects of Scientology workable. I was met with much opposition & contempt. I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about or if it's something else.

Well actually if you think about it one could pick their friend's nose.

MIght not be the most efficient picking that wouldtake place.

Or what if Person A held Person B's finger and picked their own nose with it? Technically speaking could one say that person B pickd the nose of person A.

What if person A had two hands in a cast and needed his nose picked. Could he ask person B to pick his nose for him?

One might say that it is not so much the fact that one is picking their nose. It's what one does with it afterwards, which reminds me of something.

Does anyone hear think that nose picking and wiping it in conspicuous places exceeded masturbation as the most written up O/W?

Rd00

Whenever I wrote up my O/Ws I would pick my nose and wipe it on the write-up.

I won't tell you what I did with O/W write-ups about masturbation; but needless to say after awhile the E/Os didn't ask me anymore.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors
Tom you keep bringing up conversations we had on OCMB many years ago. I have a reasonably good memory but I can't recall every post I've ever made. I've not posted much to OCMB since I started ESMB which was over 6 years ago.

Can you link me to what you are talking about? Also I'm not sure what agenda you have pegged me with. My agenda on OCMB was mainly to allow newly out people some space & not to jump on them too hard if they still found aspects of Scientology workable. I was met with much opposition & contempt. I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about or if it's something else.

Em, thanks for sharing that you were met with opposition and contempt on your current and past $cn beliefs -- me too! Will try to ~link~ your past efforts from OCMB as you invite. Give me a grace period to respond as I have both a funeral and a wedding to be present at.....life goes on beyond $cn.

Em, thanks for sharing that you were met with opposition and contempt on your current and past $cn beliefs -- me too! Will try to ~link~ your past efforts from OCMB as you invite. Give me a grace period to respond as I have both a funeral and a wedding to be present at.....life goes on beyond $cn.

I don't think that's exactly what she said.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
It seems like the original intent of this thread was to stir shit. Calling out people who fake it on different boards is directed at someone right?

Lone Star

Crusader
It seems like the original intent of this thread was to stir shit. Calling out people who fake it on different boards is directed at someone right?

I assume you know how to read. Go back and re-read where she said what her intentions were and that she was not directing her OP at someone in particular. Just her observation of the internet in general.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
Two quick points for you Lone Star. I said "seems" and the last sentence was a question. I appreciate you taking on the role of ESMB Thread Interpreter I/C, but before making assumptions about my ability to read, maybe you should step back a second and actually read my post.

Lone Star

Crusader
Two quick points for you Lone Star. I said "seems" and the last sentence was a question. I appreciate you taking on the role of ESMB Thread Interpreter I/C, but before making assumptions about my ability to read, maybe you should step back a second and actually read my post.

Yeah, the "ability to read" snarky comment I made was out of line. My apologies. I certainly don't want to be the I/C of Thread Interpretation. Not at all.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Nope, no one in particular, it's just what I've seen over a few years watching and reading blogs.

I'm not backwards in coming forwards, If I've got a problem with someone specific they'll generally know about it. I'm not shy.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
Yeah, the "ability to read" snarky comment I made was out of line. My apologies. I certainly don't want to be the I/C of Thread Interpretation. Not at all.

No worries friend. It's super easy to misinterpret or inadvertently "let loose" on someone via their electronic communications these days. These threads seem to be a good catalyst.