What's new

Posting to ESMB

Freethinker, if you are referring to me, I have tried multiple times to copy and paste from Google without any luck. Before they instituted their new blocking system, I had not a single problem cutting and pasting. Maybe it is that I am using edge instead of firefox or chrome. I have tried various different methods to no avail. I find it very interesting that those links would paste for others and not for me.

I posted, not because I am lazy, but because some of the people who post here are much more computer tech savvy than I am.

Per HH "1) Right-click the picture you want to copy;

2) Click "Copy image address";

3) Paste into your post using "Paste" or Ctrl-V. Click on the ICON below "Font family" and to the right of "X2". Yup, that one, the one that says ""Insert edit Image". The icon looks like THIS. In the box labeled "Insert Image URL" you can now "paste" the info you saved in step #1.

4) Now click "INSERT"

When I right click the picture - there is not a "copy image address" option. It does say copy link: so I paste that into the "insert edit image" box and I get (drumroll) this ->
url

Nada

This was the link for this test.: http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...fd83f0bbe343a0/1508698011435/?format=original

So lets try enthetan's method.

When I right click the above link- there is not an option "View Image"

So! Edge was a fail - lets try IE. do de do de do - nope - same lack of copy image address, or view image.

So, I guess I will try to download Chrome and see if that fixes it.

Beetlejuice.jpg

Well, Bob's your uncle, you are using Chrome, not Edge. Chrome does in fact have the "copy Image Address" option.

Problem solved.

Mimsey

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Almost perfect. One more step will make it work better. . .

Try it this way:

1) Right-click the picture you want to copy;
2) Click "Copy image address";
3) Paste into your post using "Paste" or Ctrl-V. Click on the ICON below "Font family" and to the right of "X2". Yup, that one, the one that says ""Insert edit Image". The icon looks like THIS. In the box labeled "Insert Image URL" you can now "paste" the info you saved in step #1.​
4) Now click "INSERT"
Voila! Unless the cyber Gods are punishing you for bad internet karma, the photo will instantly pop into view in your post.

Yes! It worked ... Thank-you!

I occasionally manage to post a picture on this 'new' version of ESMB but it's always a bit hit and miss ... this worked first time so I'll remember how to do it.

Edit ... Well, that's odd ... the pic was there until I actually posted it, now it's gone.

I give up (sulk).

:(

guanoloco

As-Wased

I occasionally manage to post a picture on this 'new' version of ESMB but it's always a bit hit and miss ... this worked first time so I'll remember how to do it.

Edit ... Well, that's odd ... the pic was there until I actually posted it, now it's gone.

I give up (sulk).

Try 1 more step.

First, find your image and then right click and select "view image".

This should isolate it so in your address bar will just be your image url. That's the url to copy.

The next thing to know is if you're on an Android device you want to download the image and then upload it on the post.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I give up (sulk).

Yikes!

That happens to me sometimes, and when it does I am stumped and so I frequently just find another size/version of the same picture and then it "shows up".

The computer people understand these things. Some computer mysteries are impenetrable for plain folks like us. lol

Our lot is to sigh weary acceptance and reflect upon our wholetrack overts vs. computers--the source of our this lifetime ruin werein we brought all of this upon ourselves.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Try 1 more step.

First, find your image and then right click and select "view image".

This should isolate it so in your address bar will just be your image url. That's the url to copy.

The next thing to know is if you're on an Android device you want to download the image and then upload it on the post.

The words "view image" (or anything similar) don't even appear when I right click on the image, but thank-you for helping.

I'm having trouble at the moment with my computers though so perhaps I'll try again when the issues are sorted out, the weird thing is when I wrote the post (above) and did the steps HH posted, the pic appeared perfectly ... it only disappeared when I actually posted it.

I tried a few times, same result (I'm not on an Android device).

guanoloco

As-Wased
The words "view image" (or anything similar) don't even appear when I right click on the image, but thank-you for helping.

I'm having trouble at the moment with my computers though so perhaps I'll try again when the issues are sorted out, the weird thing is when I wrote the post (above) and did the steps HH posted, the pic appeared perfectly ... it only disappeared when I actually posted it.

I tried a few times, same result (I'm not on an Android device).

I'll play with a PC later today and see what the steps are.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I think this is not a computer problem. What is happening is that your ability to duplicate has expanded so high that you are in fact as-ising the photos yourself.

When I run into that upper level phenomena, I simply close my eyes and make a tone-40 postulate that the photo will come back. That solves it.

I am still working out some minor glitches caused by having to keep my eyes closed to see the photo. I am sure this is nothing to worry about and this outpoint will flatten with more drilling on using my newly acquired OT powers.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think this is not a computer problem. What is happening is that your ability to duplicate has expanded so high that you are in fact as-ising the photos yourself.

When I run into that upper level phenomena, I simply close my eyes and make a tone-40 postulate that the photo will come back. That solves it.

I am still working out some minor glitches caused by having to keep my eyes closed to see the photo. I am sure this is nothing to worry about and this outpoint will flatten with more drilling on using my newly acquired OT powers.
Well, you could be right ... a similar thing happens when I try to change my siggy line. I've been trying to change it (on various different computers) for about a year and as soon as I actually post the new one (having found something that would make me appear staggeringly clever, hysterically funny or hopefully both, typed it, centred it, prettied up the colours and comic sans it (just for @ILove2Lurk because she likes comic sans so much) it just disappears into thin air!

I'm stuck with a quote about pigs that I once found slightly amusing but am now bored stiff by and all because of an amazing OT ability to duplicate (I haventy quite reched your gloriarse heights, using the eye clossed tek, but rest assured, I'm working on i az wrrerr spak ...).

:scratch:

When I went to post the picture of the blonde vacuuming the forest- it disappeared likewise, but I tried Enthetan's method and ---Lo and Behold! Vacuumage!

Enthetan's method: Going to that URL, if you right-click and select "view image", you get to
the real, non-google URL of the image. Select THAT, and paste here, and the image appears here:

f34701a96510a9fc7128795b2e078691--superhero-design-comic-book-heroes.jpg

Last edited: