What's new

POWER PROCESSING.

Some people come back in and have coordination trouble for example. Bumping in walls, grabbing stuff with "ghost" hands, etc... Headaches too. Not everyone though.

Good point. Also, some people get a bit "freaked out" by ext/int.

I've encountered non-scientologists who've had oob phenomena, sometimes spontaneous sometimes as a result of an event or "incident". These individuals to which I refer subsequently had significant problems which were directly related to the prior occurrence. It often is compounded by an inability to communicate about the experience due to "out reality" of others or even himself. A bit of auditing on ex/int can clean up a lot of charge for such a person.

Also keep in mind, potentially any traumatic experience can be "restimulative" of other similar experiences. If you are open to the "past lives" argument, everyone who has experienced prior lifetimes has experienced previous ext/int phenomena often in difficult or traumatic circumstances.

Hence, ext/int is a likely subject for chains of incidents associated with prior life traumas which may get restimulated and interfere with whatever specific case issues are currently being addressed. Or then again not, depending on the individual. :)

Mark A. Baker

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good point. Also, some people get a bit "freaked out" by ext/int.

I've encountered non-scientologists who've had oob phenomena, sometimes spontaneous sometimes as a result of an event or "incident". These individuals to which I refer subsequently had significant problems which were directly related to the prior occurrence. It often is compounded by an inability to communicate about the experience due to "out reality" of others or even himself. A bit of auditing on ex/int can clean up a lot of charge for such a person.

Also keep in mind, potentially any traumatic experience can be "restimulative" of other similar experiences. If you are open to the "past lives" argument, everyone who has experienced prior lifetimes has experienced previous ext/int phenomena often in difficult or traumatic circumstances.

Hence, ext/int is a likely subject for chains of incidents associated with prior life traumas which may get restimulated and interfere with whatever specific case issues are currently being addressed. Or then again not, depending on the individual. :)

Mark A. Baker

No shit. A girl I used to have a crush on went ext and told her mom. She was promptly sent to a psych and put on meds. :angry:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Insufficient data. "Psych" personnel don't put people on meds for being "exterior". However, if a person is unable to focus, is manic, is terrified because they are "hearing voices", etc., then they may be put on meds. Obviously, the mother didn't think the girl was benefited by being "exterior". I don't know if she was, only that you report she was, and that because she reported she was, which may only have been a delusion.

Pascal

Insufficient data. "Psych" personnel don't put people on meds for being "exterior". However, if a person is unable to focus, is manic, is terrified because they are "hearing voices", etc., then they may be put on meds. Obviously, the mother didn't think the girl was benefited by being "exterior". I don't know if she was, only that you report she was, and that because she reported she was, which may only have been a delusion.

Psychs put you on meds for money. It's what they do. I had a friend who was put on meds just because her aunt was bipolar and the psych said it was genetic.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Perhaps it was. "Psychs" put people on meds because it's what they think is warranted. Scientologists put people on processing, because they think that's what's warranted.

All too often medical personnel equate "feelings of being out-of-body" with "disassociation". The former may well indicate a spiritual release. The latter is currently considered a "personality disorder" by many members of the medical community.

How an "exterior being" may be treated by the healing professions depends very much on the personal belief systems of the healing professionals involved.

Mark A. Baker

DartSmohen

Presence in processing

True enough. :clap:

Have you ever noticed when a person walks into a room, all the attention goes on them. Some may call it charisma, but the real answer is PRESENCE.

So, what is presence?

Presence is simply being totally there for the client, unconditionally. Including them in your space and being completely willing to be at complete effect so that the client can totally deal with whatever force/mass is in realtime being handled. :yes:

It sounds oh, so very simple, doesn't it ?

Well it is, providing you are operating in a completely safe environment.:yes:

YOU DO NOT LEARN THE VALUE OF PRESENCE IN SCIENTOLOGY.

How to program a robotic zombie

Scientology training has TR's (Training Regimens). These do NOT teach you how to be present, or how to process.

TR-0. The great bedrock of all Scientology training. This comes in 3 phases.

First there is 2 hours of just sitting there with your eyes closed.

Then there is 2 hours of sitting there, silent, eyes open. Some poor sods had top do 2 hours of UNBLINKING. That was nothing but sadistic torture. :omg:

Finally there was Bullbait. The purpose was basically to "flatten" any obvious buttons you may have that might get triggered by the client.:bigcry:

Well, NONE of this taught you anything about presence, or even "being there".

In fact, you will find, almost universally, the processor may have parked their body there but were thousands of miles away. The LAST place they want to be is THERE, especially when you have some psychotic supervisor doing anything they could (and they often did!) to break you down.:duh:

The actual outcome is a fix-eyed, emotionally desensitised drone who will robotically run a repetitive process on a client. :angry:

And so it goes on and on.

On TR 1 & 2 you learn how to mangle and butcher a comm cycle and TR 3 & 4 you learn how to robotically run a repetitive process , completely blanking out any client originations and getting them to obey you (answer the command)

You come to the "Upper- Indoc " TR's Here you are physically manhandling the client back and forth to carry out your commands.

Wait a minute, isn't processing supposed to be FOR the client, addressing THEIR wants? :unsure:

So, what on earth are they doing learning how to manhandle a client into submission and obey their commands?

I suppose that TR-8 produces the most change in a processer. After all, screaming at an ashtray can be considered quite theraputic. It does bring home to the processer that force and intention are completely unrelated.

In Corfu we did drills over a distance of 100 metres where we ran this drill, with some interesting variations. The purpose was to teach officers on the bridge how to communicate with crew on the fo'castle when the intercom was broken. You would be amazed how giving a command in a normal voice could be understood and complied with over an extended distance.

That basically covers why Scientology could not and did not produce real processers.

The real successful auditors were those who were willing to have their clients win BIG. It was unconditional.

Here are two actual examples;

Terry was a taciturn Kiwi, he did NOT suffer fools gladly. He did the SHSBC in 1965 and joined the Sea Project in Las Palmas. There were a couple of occasions when Hubbard was screaming at all and sundry about some trifling point and Terry had to be quietly nudged away before he told Hubbard that he (Hubbard) was a fucking idiot.

Anyway, at St Hill, our "low-wattage" senior c/s decided Terry needed a full CS-1. Remember, Terry was a SHSBC grad who had done lots of processing.

Terry was asked "What is an ARC Break"?

At this point, Terry's eyes hooded over and he quietly said, "Perhaps it would be easier if I demonstrated one"

At which point he flung the cans at the auditor (who was cringing and cowering) and tipped the table over on top of him and stormed out the room.

I was given the job of running the next session. :omg:

So, I drew a line through the proposed c/s instruction and wrote a new one "2WC with pc."

I sat down with Terry and said, "OK, what do you want to look at in this session"?

Terry said "What"??

So I told him it was his session, he was paying for it, so was there anything in particular he wanted to look at.
Terry burst out laughing and said " Fuck me! Real processing at last!

Terry went to the examiner telling them it was the best session he had ever had.

I got a cramming order for failing to follow the c/s instructions.

The other example was a young 14yo lad who was considered borderline catatonic. He had not spoken to anyone for years.

So we sat down in an suditing room. I didn't bother with a meter and the two of us sat there not saying a word FOR FIVE HOURS.

Finally he made a few mumble type comments and then the dam opened. He talked non-stop for about 30 minutes, all sorts of things, anything and everything. I didn't bother writing any of it down, I was just THERE for him.

After the session he went down the stairs and said to his parents "Are you ready". They said yes and set off. After about four paces they realised that he had spoken to them!.

I mention these two cases to show what presence is all about.

Some experienced processers have developed some level of presence, but for the delivery of Power, there were very few who had it. John Mac certainly did. A few of the 1966 interns could really deliver, but in the main, when you were processing in an environment and your own baggage is up front and in the way, you will not achieve for the client the wins they richly deserve.

As several of you out there are asking what it means to be a processer, I thought I would refresh this .

Dart

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Background

Back in about Autumn of 1964, Hubbard was running the St Hill Special Briefing Course at St Hill Manor. He had students from all the various organisations around the world. There were several non-staff public who also enrolled.

There was a HCO staff at the Manor who ran the various orgs and carried out tasks for Hubbard. ALL of these staff were on the course as well, a few had completed it, but every person there was engaged in extensive co-processing, particularly on goals running.

This group was very diverse in its makeup. Amongst an active body of very capable and aware people, you had a fair smattering of nutters, rogues, glad-handers, franchise holders and dyed-in-the-wool staff members. What they all had in common was theiy were 100% true believers.

The vast majority of them were financially strapped, living on a shoestring, trying to complete the course so they could return home. The staff members there were mostly supported by their staff pay, which wasn't that much and their financial position was reflected by the range of clapped-out old bangers they drove in and out of the manor. In fact, I remember on one occasion, when visiting my mother, getting a lift from a Canadian, John Farrell, when going down the short hill into St Hill Green, a rear wheel overtaking us, rolling down the hill, before the car slewed around and crumpled by the kerb.

I remember the 3 persons in the car getting out, gathering their stuff and running toward the manor as they were going to be late and would incur an "infraction thesis" (for their overt of being late).

In this organised madhouse, Hubbard began to notice that individuals were not able to stay fully in PT, would "snap", snarl back, physically blow from course (several were actually collected off aircraft at Gatwick and Heathrow and brought back). They were all trying to run powerful GPM technology without any safe space to run it in. It was rows of couples co=processing and occasionally someone would scream, kick the table over and make a bolt for the door where the supervisors were waiting to catch them.

What Hubbard began to see was that individuals had incidents in which they had been overwhelmed and taken on the winning identity. He concluded that every person had such an incident and unless this was resolved, they were never going to be able to be in PT.

Despite having engaged in hundreds, possibly thousands of hours of processing, VERY few of them had even come close to addressing their wants. As a result, there were a lot of over-restimulated and unhandled cases thrashing about the place, with no real end of the road in sight.

Several had alcohol problems (Well, Hubbard had a fondness for the bottle too,), medical, prescription and street drug problems (Hubbard could relate to that too) and some very highly polished ser facs with which to make others very wrong.

By 1965 he had developed certain procedures to remedy this situation and started applying it to his own Executive staff. He trained John MacNaster an JJ. Delance in how to deliver the processes. That is how they began.

WHY THEY WORK SO WELL

The clever thing Hubbard did was to avoid dragging these remedies into the "Earlier similar" twaddle. You will see in Knowledgism that charge can ONLY be dealt with in REAL TIME. So it was with these processes. They are run until specific phenomina occur in real time, that what was there is HERE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW HERE IN THE ROOM.

The result is a person who can be (once more) fully in PT.

ARE THEY A GRADE ???

NO THEY ARE NOT !!!

They are a remedy that can be run at ANY time if required. I have run them on "OT"s, people off the street, anywhere they need running.

POWER PROCESSING

They were highly successful. Hubbard saw an opportunity here. He was financially in dire straits, so he set up the HUBBARD GUIDANCE CENTRE (HGC) where these could be delivered to the public (for a fat fee). There was no such thing as "Grade V" of "VA", instead on completion the person was presented with a lapel pin, showing "Power Release", or Power Plus" Release.

Hubbard drafted in staff from every org to train them on power processing. They were kept on course delivering processing for many months. The criteria for graduation was "Three perfect completions in a row". You could have two completions and the third does not run smoothly, Tough. Back to square 1.

This ensured that there were lots of interns there to deliver power to the flood of people mcoming from all over the world. Hubbard's coffers were filling up fast.

Power was a block of 50 hours processing purchased. Once you had achieved the EP, the rest of the hours were classified as "used". So, if you finished in 3-5 hours, you got the EP you paid for, the remaining "hours" no longer existed.

Of course, if you went over the 50 hours, and some did, you got the opportunity to purchase 12.5 hour intensives. Again, if you completed within the first hour on the extra hours, - tough, the hours were gone.

Next I will cover the technical aspects.

Dart

Cool!:clap:
I had a lot of cognitions reading that!:yes:
Thanks!:clap:

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
I just noticed this thread due to its being bumped. I hadn't been reading esmb for a while.
First of all I do not see a single datum in Smohen's posts which has not been available in the FZ for years. The commands and instructions are taken from LRH issues which have been available to FZ auditors for at least 25 years.
Secondly I see a number of statemants alluding to more powerfuil processes in Knowledgism but no actual statement of what they are. That is just a cheap marketing technique.
Thirdly there are no harmonics of Clear. The state of clear is attained when a person has a particular cognition. The state is fragile and easily invalidated as LRH points out in the OT2 and NOTs materials. What David Mayo perceived as harmonics are degrees of stability not harmonics.
Fourthly presence drills were developed by LRH in the early 50s.

Veda

Sponsor
"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'Clear' at a certain point.

" 'Clear'... is not an attainable state (at least with our present level of technology.)"

David Mayo, 1991

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
It is my opinion that David Mayo had a lot of misunderstoods on the tech. I remember once I saw him at Tampa airport. I was in full Sea Org uniform. I was walking up to the stairs as he came down. He looked over, saw me then looked away without any slightest acknowledgement.
I noticed similar things with other pretended OTs.
Whenever I saw LRH he would look me straight in the eye and acknowledge my presence. David Mayo was not such a person and I had problems understanding how LRH could have posted him as senior C/S. He had almost zero presence.
I actually met very few in Scientology who had presence. Yvonne was incredible. There was a mexican guy - Phillipe Hill with presence. Alan Walter had presence. Bill Robertson had a lot more than most. Our Mr. Smohen has some but mainly for the ladies.
I have never met anyone with a presence comparable to LRH.
I've seen people in the street sometimes with stong presence whom I didn't know who could look me straight in the eye and communicate with intensity.
Anyway - Mayo just didn't have it and he had lots of MUs on the tech - just my take.

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Meeting David Mayo

It is my opinion that David Mayo had a lot of misunderstoods on the tech. I remember once I saw him at Tampa airport. I was in full Sea Org uniform. I was walking up to the stairs as he came down. He looked over, saw me then looked away without any slightest acknowledgement.
I noticed similar things with other pretended OTs.
Whenever I saw LRH he would look me straight in the eye and acknowledge my presence. David Mayo was not such a person and I had problems understanding how LRH could have posted him as senior C/S. He had almost zero presence.
I actually met very few in Scientology who had presence. Yvonne was incredible. There was a mexican guy - Phillipe Hill with presence. Alan Walter had presence. Bill Robertson had a lot more than most. Our Mr. Smohen has some but mainly for the ladies.
I have never met anyone with a presence comparable to LRH.
I've seen people in the street sometimes with stong presence whom I didn't know who could look me straight in the eye and communicate with intensity.
Anyway - Mayo just didn't have it and he had lots of MUs on the tech - just my take.

I happened upon David Mayo around 1982 at the NY Org, where I was Lead HGC auditor, when he was there as part of a tour, speaking at an "event", and briefing EUS org senior C/S's. I looked at him, and he absolutely glared back at me. At the time I thought "Man, this guy is f**ed up, I don't care who or what he's supposed to be". Many years later, after learning about what was going on at top exec levels around and with him, I write it off as his having gone effect of his environment. During that time, I took in his his talk at the event. the purpose of which was to inform public that it had been determined that many of them had falsely attested to being clear, he made the statement, "If anyone here feels upset about that, I don't mind, because I'm not afraid to invalidate people.", and dramatically paused long enough for the entire packed auditorium to, as was obviously expected, stand up and applaud-except for me. I was quite angry about his promoting the idea that invalidation was an admirable action. I sat in my seat with my arms folded as virtually everybody else mindlessly sucked up. I was anticipating being approached by one of the accompanying missionaires, but that didn't happen.

Best, Dex

Last edited:
In my few encounters with him in the '80s I always found David to be unfailingly courteous, humorous, insightful, and naturally shy. He never appeared to be fully comfortable as the focus of attention, not the sort of person game for forming personality cults. Yet David always did an outstanding job of communicating what he wished.

David Mayo is one of the very few former SO members of whom I have found it was actually a great pleasure to make his acquaintance. :)

Mark A. Baker

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
David Mayo

In my few encounters with him in the '80s I always found David to be unfailingly courteous, humorous, insightful, and naturally shy. He never appeared to be fully comfortable as the focus of attention, not the sort of person game for forming personality cults. Yet David always did an outstanding job of communicating what he wished.

David Mayo is one of the very few former SO members of whom I have found it was actually a great pleasure to make his acquaintance. :)

Mark A. Baker

I don't doubt that at all. I'm sure the reason he came off as he did when I encountered him was the prevailing insanity of his working environment. Also, as he wore the #1 tech hat, that left him open to having any imperfections scrutinized and amplified ever since. In my book he's a good and valuable man.

Best, Dex

I just noticed this thread due to its being bumped. I hadn't been reading esmb for a while.
First of all I do not see a single datum in Smohen's posts which has not been available in the FZ for years. The commands and instructions are taken from LRH issues which have been available to FZ auditors for at least 25 years.
Secondly I see a number of statemants alluding to more powerfuil processes in Knowledgism but no actual statement of what they are. That is just a cheap marketing technique.
Thirdly there are no harmonics of Clear. The state of clear is attained when a person has a particular cognition. The state is fragile and easily invalidated as LRH points out in the OT2 and NOTs materials. What David Mayo perceived as harmonics are degrees of stability not harmonics.
Fourthly presence drills were developed by LRH in the early 50s.

Regarding the bolded mine above:

Pot, kettle, black. Talking historically, of course. You're a huckster from way back, Ralph.

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi DartSmohen.
I had missed this thread earlier. It is very interesting, like many "OTs" I did not receive Power Processing, I was one of those dianetic "Clears". I too, very much appreciate you giving such a detailed overview of Power. You did mention earlier in this thread, that there were remedies and/or correction handlings for power going off the rails. I'm sure many here would find this also very interesting.

Regards, David.