What's new

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I couldn't fit the full headline within the thread title but it should read:

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested in Plot to Assassinate a Cop

Devon Campbell Newman, 67, became the public relations director of Scientology’s “Celebrity Center” in Las Vegas, Nevada early in 2010 and has remained in that position to the present day — that’s according to her own LinkedIn profile as well as numerous online records of her activities as a Scientologist.

This week, she became known for something else. As a result of a police investigation that began in April, on Tuesday Newman and a six-time felon and registered sex offender named David Allen Brutsche, 42, were arrested for planning what police are calling a bizarre plot to kidnap and kill a random local police officer in a macabre publicity stunt to promote their “sovereign citizen” views.

Read Full Story Here: http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/23/pr...ested-in-plot-to-assassinate-a-cop/#more-9447

TG1

Angelic Poster
I saw this on the Today Show in the 7:00 a.m. news segment. This led. Unbelievable!

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
I knew of her when she was in the Sea Org at AOLA and much later someone told me she'd been recruited for staff at Las Vegas. She is nuts. I do believe this could have occurred, although I have to say I'd have a hard time believing anyone would do such a stupid thing.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
PR Director, hmmm.
Aren't we talking OSA here, folks?
So let me see if I understand this correctly: A high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology's Office of Special Affairs, has been charged with planning the MURDER of a Police Officer.

A HIGH-RANKING MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY'S OFFICE OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS HAS BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH PLANNING THE MURDER OF A POLICE OFFICER.

Am I missing something here, or is this story about to EXPLODE?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
PR Director, hmmm.
So let me see if I understand this correctly: A high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology's Office of Special Affairs, has been charged with planning the MURDER of a Police Officer.

A HIGH-RANKING MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY'S OFFICE OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS HAS BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH PLANNING THE MURDER OF A POLICE OFFICER.

It already has exploded, but not with the Scn link.

Gasoline, meet fire.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Her LinkedIn account:

Devon Newman
Director of Public Relations at Church of Scientology & Celebrity Centre Las Vegas

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/devon-newman/16/800/2a9

Here's part of a screen shot:

Devon_zps75b456f8.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Tony Ortega said:
Observers have pointed out that Scientology’s “Fair Game” policy of retaliation against critics and former members, and allegations that it abuses its Sea Org staff, were reflections that Scientology doesn’t feel bound by civil law.

But we haven’t previously noticed Scientologists espousing the lunatic conspiracy theories of the sovereign citizens movement. Our commenters will let us know if they’ve seen any previous connections.

I know many Scientologists who are very strongly anti-government and believe in really fringe stuff. They aren't self-proclaimed members of the sovereign citizens movement, but share sympathetic views.

I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing my FB messaging history or other communications with Tony - not so much for my sake, but because I don't want to break the confidences of people who are already severely scarred by their Scn involvement. Two of them have already confided their true feelings about the cult to me, so I really can't do that to them at this point.

If anyone has info they can share with Tony on this point, please do. He really needs to know this.

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
PR Director, hmmm.

No, the PR Director is in the Public Divisions, and is NOT part of OSA. OSA is in Division 7 of an org so her being in PR is no connection to OSA directly.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know many Scientologists who are very strongly anti-government and believe in really fringe stuff. They aren't self-proclaimed members of the sovereign citizens movement, but share sympathetic views.

I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing my FB messaging history or other communications with Tony - not so much for my sake, but because I don't want to break the confidences of people who are already severely scarred by their Scn involvement. Two of them have already confided their true feelings about the cult to me, so I really can't do that to them at this point.

If anyone has info they can share with Tony on this point, please do. He really needs to know this.

When I wason staff in the early 1970's, the org bookstore sold 2 non-LRH books.

One was called How To Choose Your People by Ruth Minshull

The other was called None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen. This book was a favorite of the far right John Birch Society.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hehe!

Church of Scientology & Celebrity Centre Las Vegas
Church of Scientology of Nevada
Church of Scientology & Celebrity Centre Las Vegas logo
2751 Emerson Ave

Las Vegas, NV 89121 map
Phone:

(702) 684-8960

www.scientology-lasvegas.org
Email:

[email protected]

Devon Newman updated this company profile

Products and Services

0 Spiritual Counseling
0 Life Improvement Courses

Business Hours:

We are open daily, 9 am to 10 pm. Video presentations of the primary tenets of Scientology and Dianetics and the Church's community improvement programs are available at the touch of a button, through self guided tours of the public displays.

Sun9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mon9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Tues9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Weds9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Thurs9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Fri9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Sat9:00 AM to 6:00 PM

About Church of Scientology & Celebrity Centre Las Vegas

The Church offers spiritual counseling & courses to increase a person's knowledge, responsibility and control of life, leading to spiritual growth.

The spiritual counseling and courses offered by the Church address relationship problems, anxiety, tutoring a child in learning skills, teen stress, self-esteem, helping a family member overcome alcohol or drug dependency, guiding a criminally inclined adolescent back onto the road to self-respect and honesty, resolving a dispute at work or at home, helping an associate to better organize his life or handle symptoms of stress, and many other topics.
Business Categories:

Churches in Las Vegas, NV

Company Contacts

Carolyn Calley, Community Relations
Carolyn Calley
Community Relations

702-684-8960
Devon Newman, Director of Public Relations
Devon Newman
Director of Public Relations

702-684-8960

[email protected]

http://www.manta.com/c/mtd6jmb/church-of-scientology-celebrity-centre-las-vegas

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release
Forwarding a Drug-Free Revolution in Las Vegas - Kids Become Drug-Free Marshalls at Sunday Barbeque

Published on Mon, Feb 13, 2012 (3:42 p.m.)

Submitted by Foundation For a Drug-Free World
Kids were grinning with funny painted faces, eating barbeque and being mystified by magic at the Foundation For a Drug-Free World Event on Sunday, February 12th.

Kids got a good basic education about drugs and the harm they do from the "Truth About Drugs" booklets and all were sworn in as Drug-Free Marshalls and got their Marshall's Badge to prove it! Getting sworn in as Drug-Free activated them to tell other kids about being a Drug-Free Marshall and swear others in, and so it goes, forwarding the Drug-Free revolution in Las Vegas. LV Metro PD is also using the Foundation's materials to educate kids about drugs within the D.A.R.E. program in local schools.

"We are very concerned about the amount of drugs on school grounds in Las Vegas", Reverend Devon C. Newman, Director of Public Relations for the Church told Channel 13 News.
"These materials give kids the real truth drug dealers won't tell them, like what's really in Crystal Meth and what the drugs will do to their bodies."

The Foundation for a Drug-Free World held the free Barbeque & Show at the Church of Scientology and Celebrity Center, 2761 Emerson Avenue, off Eastern Avenue, just south of Desert Inn.

On the big screen inside the Celebrity Centre the Foundation showed their award winning Anti-Drug Public Service Announcement series, "They Said, They Lied" and the award winning documentary, "The Truth About Drugs", featuring ex-addicts and their experiences.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/community/press-releases/109/