What's new

Pregnancy and Auditing at Power (and above)

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
The main public non-confidential reference I have seen on this subject is HCOB 23 JULY 1981, Pregnancy and Auditing.

“Pregnant mothers are not to be audited or audit, for the sixth month on up, on Power and up on the Grade Chart.”

Very clear. This one is signed: L.Ron Hubbard Founder, Assisted by Snr C/S FLB.
(Do we have a name for this person? 1981; Flag Land Base Snr C/S)

Now with a bit of research we find an earlier reference (from Wikileaks)

1967: CLEARING COURSE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET.
“No Clearing Course auditing may take place during pregnancy.”

We then have a bulletin, HCOB 3 December 1969, Solo Auditing and Pregnancy (again found on Wikileaks, the Power to Solo Tech Vol). The distribution for this HCOB is Class VIII; Level VI SHSBC; R6EW Solo Course. It is not stated as being confidential.

“Solo Auditing from the Clearing Course upwards is not permissible for pregnant women.

One may proceed with solo auditing after the baby is born.”
That is the entirety of the text of the bulletin.

It is signed: Quentin Hubbard, Class VIII, for L Ron Hubbard, Founder. This HCOB is not in the current Tech vols. Neither is it in the electronic version of the 1969 Tech Vol.

Does anyone have a paper copy of the relevant old Tech vol with this bulletin in it, with perhaps some notation about it being cancelled? I binned my old Tech vols when the new ones came out; I didn’t have the space in my bedsit for both.

Some of you guys would have been around and on Technical posts at AOs sometime during the period from 1967 to 1981. Can you shed any light on this matter and any resulting changes in procedure? For example, were the earlier Bulletins playing safe based on no evidence? Did they then decide that (still having no evidence) they would go the other way?

Please note. This material and its source are stated for research purposes due to the extreme health issues involved. You are strongly discouraged from downloading the Wikileaks material onto your computer due to possible copyright infringement issues.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The reason for it is that the new fella could be occupying the new body at some undetermined time around about here, and you do not know who or which bank is getting the auditing - the person you think you're auditing or the new kid.

If it happens to be the new kid then he could be audited on a level he/she is not set up for.

FoTi

Crusader
The reason for it is that the new fella could be occupying the new body at some undetermined time around about here, and you do not know who or which bank is getting the auditing - the person you think you're auditing or the new kid.

If it happens to be the new kid then he could be audited on a level he/she is not set up for.

And....what might happen to the new kid if this kid ended up in a session that he/she is not set up for?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
How would he hear the auditor? Last time I had amniotic fluid in my ears and nose, I couldn't hear so good.

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
I was hoping that someone with serious C/S'ing experience like Bea would have been able to chip in with some data on this, that xxx people have done it and it was ok, or not.