What's new

Principal of Smith’s Scientology School Turns Whistleblower

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From the Bunker this morning:

EXCLUSIVE: First Interview with the Principal of Will & Jada Smith’s Shuttered Scientology School
In 2007, Jacqueline Olivier was hired by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to turn their home-schooling experiment into an actual bricks-and-mortar institution. A year later, the New Village Leadership Academy opened its doors as protesters showed up to picket the school — by then, it was known that the Smiths had asked Olivier to use L. Ron Hubbard’s “Study Technology” as the school’s guiding curriculum. (Study Technology is also a significant part of coursework in the Church of Scientology, which Hubbard founded.)

But Olivier assured the public that the private school in Calabasas, California was strictly secular, and she played down the influence of Study Tech. Then, a year later, she was fired and replaced by a woman named Franca Campopiano, also known as Piano Foster. At the time, news reports suggested that Olivier had not embraced the use of Hubbard’s ideas strongly enough, which is why Campopiano, a Smith family friend, was brought in to replace her.

Now, for the first time, Olivier is talking about her two years working with the Smiths. She’s no longer playing down the influence of Study Technology. In fact, she tells the Underground Bunker that Scientology’s influence in the school was near total, and she knew that calling it secular was a sham. Her departure, she says, was definitely about her not being “with the program.”

This summer, we broke the news that the New Village Leadership Academy had shut down after operating for five years. The Smiths had put $1,235,000 into the school to get it going and finance its first three years. After that the school had tried to stay open through tuition revenue and fundraisers, but then it closed on June 28.

Olivier, 51, is now working as the principal of New Roads School, a private elementary in Los Angeles. After the Smiths let her go, she worked out a settlement with them, and has now decided to make her story known. She says she’s well into a project to write a book about her experiences, but she agreed to talk to the Underground Bunker for a preview of what that story will contain.

<snip>

Read Full Story: http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/18/ex...iths-shuttered-scientology-school/#more-11612

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: First Interview with the Principal of Will &Jada Smith’s Shuttered Scientology Sc

In the comments section under this story Kevin Tighe wrote:

In 2006 Celebrity Center International sent two of its staff to the DC Org to extract an African American auditor who was on staff there. He was to be the Smith's full time personal traveling auditor. Apparently the Smith's only wanted an African American auditor and this DC staff member was the only African American auditor who was also a Flag trained "Golden Age of Tech" auditor. The CC staff were to recruit several replacement auditors. My wife was on the list of possible candidates so we were both briefed. My wife declined the offer.
http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/18/ex...ttered-scientology-school/#comment-1127966789

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Re: Principal of Smith’s Shuttered Scientology School Turns Whistleblower

So if you are white and demand a white auditor, you are racist. But if you are black and demand a black auditor, you are Will Smith. :hmmph:

Lone Star

Crusader

So if you are white and demand a white auditor, you are racist. But if you are black and demand a black auditor, you are Will Smith. :hmmph:

Sounds like he would make a fine NOI member. They have a lot of black auditors now.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors

I didn't know thetans had skin, let alone different coloured skins, let alone that you could request a colour. I would like a thetan with large pink spots on a purple background. Do they may the best auditors..well maybe not, but they would look pretty! My misunderstood I guess.

Purple Rain

Crusader

My friend Denise met this lady when she was a witness for her in the court case or whatever. She said the lady was a really nice person - she very much liked her. Anyway, she didn't charge the lady at all to be an expert witness, but she could and DID bill Will Smith for her time, so the money Will had to pay her paid for the cool 3D Blu-ray thing which we spent many happy hours in front of. We always laugh and thank Will for that!

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

What if you are white and demand a black auditor?

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds like he would make a fine NOI member. They have a lot of black auditors now.
i can understand why a black man would want a black auditor though. it's a cultural thing
next time i win the lottery, and i am a movie star, and i want auditing... i will ask for a native american auditor. if all these above conditions happen,there will be millions of native americans with candy apply red digital emeters, waiting in line for me.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Other media outlets are beginning to pick up this story. :)

Radar Online was the first to do so.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/will-smith-jada-pinkett-smith-scientology-school/

And now TMZ as well. :thumbsup:
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/18/will-smith-jada-pinkett-school-scientology-principal/

tmz_zpsf4d09171.jpg

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Will Smith seems like a guy that's hard not to like but this story has made it a lot easier I think.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Purple Rain

Crusader
Yeah, it seems that they've pulled the story, at least for the moment. It was there a while ago though! :yes:
https://www.google.com/search?q=will+smith+scientology+principal&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=will+smith+scientology+principal&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial

missinglink_zpsc0c0c420.jpg

Maybe the Smiths are attempting to do some damage control? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure the publication is on safe ground with this story. I hope they decide to go ahead with it.