What's new

Privacy Complaint Received Regarding Video On YouTube.

Terril park

Sponsor
it was the creation of one of those himmler files on me that set me against them, and the fact they were filling this manilla file whilst ripping me off.

:omg: they pulled me in

Standard operating procedure best I know.

Back in 1980 GO got all details they could about ANYONE entering the org.
I was the E/O then so was partially in the loop.

Its been stated by those who know that folders were culled, " just in case".

I have first hand validation that I have a "Himmler file".

You want to say why you were targeted? post here or private if you wish.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I was told a long time ago by one who would know that OSA especially records connections.

I read an OSA Network Order that was an LRH B1 issue (while doing an OSA Int hat pack compilations project around 1988) on how a super-duper filing and cross-filing system does all the work for you. I don't recall all the details but I think I saw parts of it online too. That one uses a lot of paper. Computers make it easy and take up a lot less xerox machines.

Paul

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Axiom

You are one of my favorite posters here and the way you handle yourself in the video just goes to show I am always right!! LOL

Anyways, of course it's quite ridiculous you recieved a complaint but that is standard footbullet tech in action!!! This guy was a great example of why I thank God on a daily basis that I am free of those morons!!

Rock on Baby!!!

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
George came to you

Axiom, how can your invade George's privacy when HE came to you, he continued to circle you, NOT the other way around.

from your post I understood that George crossed the street to yell at you :confused2:

byte301

Crusader
George is getting quite famous.

q42gov3rien1ldkfhbi3uw.jpg

lyojpg70dieda5lcypkvda.jpg

qfcrriynih7yiyyxydgw.jpg

y2bhdru3pquk0jnqj7iqag.jpg

dt9terdm6gmoavasz23fa.jpg

spiyhk7imvwdthxvg58g.jpg

f2938182529573.jpg

18ngfz8fknn5v5qagnyj0w.jpg

motivatore52544ea64d9e830e0a3d3a32c.jpg

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm glad one of them had the balls to actually say what they believe, and to say it on camera. I wish more of them were willing to come out like this.

AOSHUKR6EW

Patron with Honors
What is the actual as in the explicit breach they're complaining? I can't see what there is to be removed?!

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
What is the actual as in the explicit breach they're complaining? I can't see what there is to be removed?!

That was my question as well. I cannot see that any specific rule of their Terms and Conditions has been broken. The complaint appears to be based on the premise that someone’s privacy has been violated. I cannot understand this as the video was filmed in a public place. There is no expectation of privacy in this situation. If someone is concerned about a lack of privacy, then perhaps they shouldn’t go out to the homes of public Scientologists, asking them for money?

Anyway, I sent an Email off to YouTube support requesting clarification, but haven’t heard back yet.

Axiom142

byte301

Crusader
They don't need a legitimate reason. They have taken down dozens of videos just by bawwwing to youtube. They spend lots of money on youtube and seem to get special treatment.

I am pretty sure Axiom's video will be taken down. But they are going to be spending a lot of time and energy taking them all down. They may give up after awhile and leave them up.

They will be up on vimeo and rutube so they will still circulate.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Axiom, how can your invade George's privacy when HE came to you, he continued to circle you, NOT the other way around.

from your post I understood that George crossed the street to yell at you :confused2:

It's the putting of the video on Youtube that they feel is a violation of George's privacy.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That was my question as well. I cannot see that any specific rule of their Terms and Conditions has been broken. The complaint appears to be based on the premise that someone’s privacy has been violated. I cannot understand this as the video was filmed in a public place. There is no expectation of privacy in this situation. If someone is concerned about a lack of privacy, then perhaps they shouldn’t go out to the homes of public Scientologists, asking them for money?

Anyway, I sent an Email off to YouTube support requesting clarification, but haven’t heard back yet.

Axiom142

If I'm understanding the Youtube email, they're saying that *anyone* can complain about his privacy being violated, whether there's a legal basis or not, if you didn't get his *permission* to show him. Legally there would be an issue if there was some commercial exploitation being done, which is not the case here.

And, if the Youtube position is that anyone can demand that video of him can be removed regardless of any *legal* basis to an expectation of pricacy, then a good percentage of Youtube videos need to be removed, unless everyone shown in every video has signed a consent to being shown.

But, to get back to basics, is there any evidence that *George* is the person who's complaining? Can I complain to Youtube about *anyone's* likeness being shown, or, do I have to be the person shown? Because that's what I suspect is happening; the *Church* is complaining; not George himself. What has Youtube done to verify that the person complaining *is* the person shown in the video?

Zinj

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maybe a side project could be to hat OSA on "red light on camera means that it is recording" tech.

Also, when I youtube search "Axiom142" I almost get lost in a sea of George Bailey icons. Which, just by itself, is hilarious and a little creepy.

It seems that the complaint is having the opposite intended effect.

What kinda flow vectors must be at work here!!??

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
Maybe a side project could be to hat OSA on "red light on camera means that it is recording" tech.

Also, when I youtube search "Axiom142" I almost get lost in a sea of George Bailey icons. Which, just by itself, is hilarious and a little creepy.

It seems that the complaint is having the opposite intended effect.

What kinda flow vectors must be at work here!!??

See post #15

Its called Streisand Effect
:lol:

Rae

Patron with Honors
Photos

Those photos are so priceless!! Thanks for posting Byte and Em! Way to go Ax!