Proof of the lies about the basics and the library campaign.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
At the last event we heard that the library campaign is 100% done. Which libraries we might ask? County? City? Who knows. But I'll show you that it doesn't matter which libraries DM was talking about. The Basics are far from in all libraries.

I'm going to systematically do a search for each major city in the US and list what books are in these systems.

Most libraries allow searches for the entire county or metro area.

Each post will list a city, county or metro area and include which titles of the basics are there. And how many of each.

Feel free to link your Scientology friends. Copy paste, whatever you want or need.

Last edited:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
BOSTON METRO LIBRARY SYSTEM. 29 libraries

http://catalog.mbln.org/ipac20/ipac.jsp?term=l.+ron+hubbard&menu=search&aspect=basic_search&profile=bpl1&index=.GW&sort=&npp=10&ipp=20&submit=go&se=catalog#focus

202 books are listed for L. Ron Hubbard. Including A peice of blue sky, Messiah or madman and cult leaders.
Number of copies on the left. Titles on the right.

2- Scientology A new slant on life
3- Fundementals of thought
1- Problems of work
1- Dianetics the original thesis
2- DMSMH

There are actually several more copies of DMSMH but the older versions. Same title though.

Keep in mind this is all the libraries in the Boston Metro area.
Not even one full set put together in 29 libraries.

Last edited:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
LA PUBLIC LIBRARY SYSTEM. 72 Libraries

http://catalog1.lapl.org/cgi-bin/cw_cgi?resultsScreen+5932+1+10+0

216 total titles.

8- Fundementals of thought
5- Self analysis
16- DMSMH
4- History of man

That's it!
This is in their nearest libraries as well. In their own back yard. :confused2:

Not even one full set put together in 72 libraries.

I want to point out that there are several old titles of Scientology books....well why are they left there if they are squirrel versions?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
NYC PUBLIC LIBRARY SYSTEM. 90 libraries

http://leopac.nypl.org/ipac20/ipac.jsp?menu=search&aspect=basic&npp=10&ipp=20&ri=&index=GW&term=L%2E%20Ron%20Hubbard#focus

69 English titles total.

8- DMSMH
1- History of man
1- 8-80
1- Self analysis
2- Problems of work
1- A new slant on life
1- Fundementals of thought
1- Introduction to Scientology ethics
2- Way to happiness
2- Dianetics 55
1- Advance procedure and axioms
1- 8-8008
1- Dianetics the original thesis
1- 0-8
1- creation of human ability
1- Handbook for preclears
1- Dianetics evolution of a science
1- DMSMH

The Mid-Manhattan Library has almost one full set while a few of the titles are either in Kips or strewn about the rest of the libraries.

Still only 1 library in all 90 of these has almost a full set. The rest haven't close to one other set.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
IKTM throw all this into the Basics Books Bonza Buggerup thread - there's already a lot of this data there on the great library scam.

I'll re-check the current figure for australian libraries and put that up too.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
IKTM throw all this into the Basics Books Bonza Buggerup thread - there's already a lot of this data there on the great library scam.

I'll re-check the current figure for australian libraries and put that up too.

That thread is so long I'm afraid all this research will easily get lost in there.:confused2:

They wont know there is all this information without having to search page after page of members responses.

It seems like the Church could be prosecuted for raising funds for a specific non-profit purpose and then spending it on something else. And if they are soliciting these donations by mailings then it is mail fraud which is a federal crime. With clear-cut evidence that the libraries are not getting the books, it should be an open and shut case.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but I watch them on TV.

The Anabaptist Jacques

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
At the last event we heard that the library campaign is 100% done. Which libraries we might ask? County? City? Who knows. But I'll show you that it doesn't matter which libraries DM was talking about. The Basics are far from in all libraries.

I'm going to systematically do a search for each major city in the US and list what books are in these systems.

Most libraries allow searches for the entire county or metro area.

Each post will list a city, county or metro area and include which titles of the basics are there. And how many of each.

Feel free to link your Scientology friends. Copy paste, whatever you want or need.

You should be able to find a few in the U. C. Riverside library also.
However, these were donated many years ago.

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
It seems like the Church could be prosecuted for raising funds for a specific non-profit purpose and then spending it on something else. And if they are soliciting these donations by mailings then it is mail fraud which is a federal crime. With clear-cut evidence that the libraries are not getting the books, it should be an open and shut case.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but I watch them on TV.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Well, the books could very well have arrived to the library. Just because a library gets a lot of books from somebody doesn't mean that the books will end up on the shelves. There is only a limited amount of space on the shelves and there is probably a plan on which books to include. There are usually a flow of old books getting trashed or sold out very cheaply and new books coming in. But sending lots of books (of any subject) to a library without having any agreement or deal with the library, thus bypassing the normal procedures for that library violating finding out what is needed and wanted, is a huge waste of resources, only very few of those books are likely to end up on the shelves. The rest will probably get trashed, since you can not expect a library to spend time and money on sending books back to someone who sent it unsolicited.

Last edited:

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, the books could very well have arrived to the library. Just because a library gets a lot of books from somebody doesn't mean that the books will end up on the shelves. There is only a limited amount of space on the shelves and there is probably a plan on which books to include. There are usually a flow of old books getting trashed or sold out very cheaply and new books coming in. But sending lots of books (of any subject) to a library without having any agreement or deal with the library, thus bypassing the normal procedures for that library violating finding out what is needed and wanted, is a huge waste of resources, only very few of those books are likely to end up on the shelves. The rest will probably get trashed, since you can not expect a library to spend time and money on sending books back to someone who sent it unsolicited.

And if this is the case then it is still a lie about the success of the basics-in-libraries campaign. All those books are not on the shelves and they are not available for reading.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But sending lots of books (of any subject) to a library without having any agreement or deal with the library, thus bypassing the normal procedures for that library violating finding out what is needed and wanted, is a huge waste of resources, only very few of those books are likely to end up on the shelves. The rest will probably get trashed, since you can not expect a library to spend time and money on sending books back to someone who sent it unsolicited.

And they are not going to ask in the first place in case the library says no.

Maybe they will do it like they sell things anyway, by repeating the sales pitch until the victim succumbs in order to make it stop. So what if the library throws the books away? They can just send another set! It's not like it costs them anything, is it? Every set they send is paid for cash, full price, by some parishioner. An org buys books from the Pubs Org at something like 50% discount, I believe. Everybody wins. Ahem.

Paul

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
Orange County Library System

Per I'mGlib in an OCMB post a few days ago:

I'mglib said:
Here's another good one I might point out.

I just did a search of the Orange County public libraries for copies of the basics books.

There are 35 libraries in the OC, so if there are 18 books in the basics, that means there should be 630 books. (I got this idea from someone on exscn...thanks).

In fact, there are about 90 books in the OC system. So, what happened to the other 540 books, eh? Didn't all the public get regged for money to get the books in the libraries, and didn't DM brag at the LRH birthday that the Mission was Accomplished? If a set of books is about $2,100, then that's $63,000 worth of missing books. Am I doing this right? So, where did the books go?

I'd be pissed.

="http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30469&postorder=asc&highlight=imglib&start=45"

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Let me tell you what happened because I did experience it when I was there. You get a list from the internet or using MapPoint of all the libraries. You then put them into a excel by states or cities ou countries. YOu give them to the BSO and reges. They reg their public from those areas or at FSO or PAC base or elsewhere. Then you get the BSO or shipping officer to ship them out. You report to Bridge Publication or New Era Publications Inc, the number of libraries which were done so they are removed from the database. Then you carry on until completion. BUT THE OMITTED IN THIS, it is never checked if the books are received or on the shelves. Many come back refused from the libraries or wrong address.... This takes time to come back. So of course, the report was sent up the lines as being done when it is not verified. So yes, DM would be pissed off if he found out. It did happened years ago when the release of the ???? London and Dissemination lecture or something like this. The sales manager had reported sales up the lines. In fact the org never false reported it but the sales manager did. The answer from DM, how can you say that that much was sold because GOLD never produced that many ????? well within minutes the sales manager was on the RPF. So with those libraries false stats, this will happen too.

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
Let me tell you what happened because I did experience it when I was there. You get a list from the internet or using MapPoint of all the libraries. You then put them into a excel by states or cities ou countries. YOu give them to the BSO and reges. They reg their public from those areas or at FSO or PAC base or elsewhere. Then you get the BSO or shipping officer to ship them out. You report to Bridge Publication or New Era Publications Inc, the number of libraries which were done so they are removed from the database. Then you carry on until completion. BUT THE OMITTED IN THIS, it is never checked if the books are received or on the shelves. Many come back refused from the libraries or wrong address.... This takes time to come back. So of course, the report was sent up the lines as being done when it is not verified. So yes, DM would be pissed off if he found out. It did happened years ago when the release of the ???? London and Dissemination lecture or something like this. The sales manager had reported sales up the lines. In fact the org never false reported it but the sales manager did. The answer from DM, how can you say that that much was sold because GOLD never produced that many ????? well within minutes the sales manager was on the RPF. So with those libraries false stats, this will happen too.

Interesting scene to say the least.
Well, if the books were sent off then a report that the books are sent off is a correct report. It just doesn't quite reflect whether the purpose of the whole action is fullfilled.

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Exactly. The report was right on paper but not in real life. So this is what happened, I think. It did happen few times when I was there and exactly like this.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
You'd have tyo be a serious retard to think you can just send books to a library and think they automatically stock their shelves with what you sent.:roflmao:

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
You'd have tyo be a serious retard to think you can just send books to a library and think they automatically stock their shelves with what you sent.:roflmao:

Plus, I can't tell you how many anons work in libraries....and I'm just talking about the ones who post their findings on the internet. :coolwink:

Imnotsupposetobehere

Patron with Honors
This is very interesting as I was one of the EPF'ers who boxed up the books for the library event I know the Bridge staff was being overworked to get the books out on time and so I would like to know where the books went